Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox To PC Problem - Can't Find Extender

Options
  • 21-06-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my Xbox and PC connection, and I'm given a code from the WMC on the Xbox which I'm told to type in when I open WMC on my laptop. I've done that, and the first box ticks, however, the second back fails to tick and I get an error message saying ''Couldn't find extender''.

I presume the extender is my Xbox, and I can see my Xbox when I click on Network on my laptop, but it seems my Xbox still can't see my laptop :(

I'm using an Eircom router if that makes any difference. Any help would be gratefully appreciated as this is driving me mad.

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Are you doing it wired or wirelessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Are you doing it wired or wirelessly?

I'm doing it wireless mate.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm doing it wireless mate.

There are generally a lot of problems when setting up wmc wirelessly to the xbox. I tried this method before and I had zero success with it. Is there any way that you can hard wire it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    There are generally a lot of problems when setting up wmc wirelessly to the xbox. I tried this method before and I had zero success with it. Is there any way that you can hard wire it?

Ah, that'll be why it isn't working for me then. I could, but it would be a bit of hardship that I could do without :pac: I think I'll leave it.

I wired my laptop in my bedroom to the router downstairs in the sitting room beside the xbox. I must say it was well worth it. It's not that hard at all, you should give it a go if you really want to get it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Get yourself some 200Mbps homeplugs. I haven't looked back since upgrading to them! Can stream HD content all over the house now. Couldn't recommend them enough.

Get yourself some 200Mbps homeplugs. I haven't looked back since upgrading to them! Can stream HD content all over the house now. Couldn't recommend them enough.

Never even thought of that. This is a good solution to your problem. Make sure you buy a decent pair and not just the cheapest for the sake of it. There are a few threads on boards that recommend some good homeplugs.

Advertisement