Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Archer appreciation society

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

it was brett

Idiots only spoiled it on Facebook about an hour after it aired in the US.Same thing happened with Community the week before. Seriously, who runs these social media campaigns, the -- wait, I had something for this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, Archer Vice is really a thing. Really liked the episode, think the change will be a good thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dunno, thought it was pretty poor myself. Very few laughs and honestly, the drug cartel / country music singer idea isn't that interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

yep I agree, I didn't laugh once. The Cheryl thing is just plain stupid and pam really annoyed me, and I usually love Pam :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Pam is awesome and was definitely the breakout character from previous seasons. I just got very bored of her hyperactivity. Plus it was just the same joke they did better with Krieger a few times in past episodes. Not giving up this early, but if this is the writing team refreshed with a new premise, I'm not immediately enthused :(

I dunno, I quite enjoyed it. It's not up with the best episodes, but it's going to take a bit of adjustment.
    I was working my way back through the previous seasons during the break. Haven't gotten around to S4 yet, but around mid season 2 it went up a notch that they managed to sustain, for the most part, all the way through season 3.
    I don't think this is any worse than the first season and a half. And it still had some good lines.

"Potato, po-treason, whatever".

"We're just like the A-team. Only we sell drugs"

"That makes me, eh ..."
    -"Hannibal Montana?"

It's back .... aaaand it's gone again for 3 more weeks. Bloody US TV schedules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Got to do with the Winter Olympics yea?

Enjoying the direction they are going down so far.

Thought this week was a bit of an improvement on the last few. Might be hope yet. Not sure though I'll ever be able to look at Woodhouse again. :eek:

Previous couple were weak. It's oddly reminding me of Community last season, where a lot of the running gags and references to previous episodes seem just a little off, a bit forced. Though that had the excuse of a change of showrunner, and recovered brilliantly once they reverted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has Pam Poovey gone from being a brilliant, hilarious, unpredictable character to the most irritating, one-note cartoon woman on Earth?

• Advertisement

Pretty much; Pam's demented double-act with Cheryl used to be one of the comedy highlights in Archer, but the writers have somehow managed to destroy both characters in one fell swoop. Pam's cocaine addiction stopped being funny around the second time of telling and what on earth was the point of the Cheryl-the-singer subplot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Caught up on al of season 4 & 5 in the last week, and while season 4 was brilliant I didn't feel the same way about VICE. Pam and Cheryl are just annoying at this stage, I do love Pam's history and her occasional underground activities but I don't feel she deserves a space in the spotlight of the series. And the whole country singer thing for Cheryl...well...what and why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

If someone ate cocaine like Pam, wouldn't they die? (Not having much in the way of cocaine knowledge).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For those unaware, all five seasons are now up on the Irish Netflix.

Netflix's licencing infuriates me; the fifth season of Archer only finished a couple of months back and it pops up on Netflix, yet you'd wait an age for the latter series of other, more prominent shows to appear on the service. The first and last pair of episodes are worth watching, the rest of Archer Vice isn't worth the time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Never knew he got Danger Zone from the song, last season was't great but still had its moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

Does anyone else keep hearing ISIS in Iraq and thinking of Archer and the gang up to some shenaginagans? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

SimonFM wrote: »
    Does anyone else keep hearing ISIS in Iraq and thinking of Archer and the gang up to some shenaginagans? :P

They really need to make that a thing next season, I can jsut picture Mallory sending in the team to negociate a rebranding with the terrorist group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Season 6 supposedly set to air in Jan 2015 and VICE will be discontinued (hurah) but they won't be going back to ISIS either (boo) because of the sensitive nature of that name at the moment in current affairs.

• Advertisement

Just started watch Bob's Burgers not as edgy as Archer but should tide me over until January, hope they take over ODIN as it will keep them in the secret agent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Damn they could have a field day with ISIS given the current situation - never seemed too concerned about offending anyone up to this.

Chopping off heads might be too much, then again after the Breast Cancer storyline nothing would surprise me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So anyone still watching this?

Last episode was the best for a couple of seasons I thought. "Get all the characters and put them in small confined area and just let rip" seems to have been the idea, it's the first episode in ages where my sides where hurting afterwards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Archer is 1 of my favourite shows going, it's unusual for an episode not to have a genuine laugh out loud moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They obviously know their way around a potato. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think over all this season has been very poor vs what has gone before, it's not terrible but not AAA Archer. The lift episode did get a belly laugh form me especially the
    pee gag
    :D

Yeah, this season has been better than the ill conceived Archer Vice, but it still lacks a certain zip that makes me think it's simply down to burnout; even the best series can eventually run out of steam. The latest episode dropped the cast in Area 51 yet it all felt pretty ... 'meh. Still, there were a couple of laughs:

"My god, I hope we find them. I have so many questions."
    "Like what? How to build a better anal probe?"
    "Right?! I bet their anal technology is light years ahead of mine!"

Ah, (clone?) Krieger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Archer is dogshìt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Not mad on the aliens thing from last week, seems too wacky even by Archer standards.

My favourite episode of the season was the bottle episode in the elevator, the show's strength has always been the amazing chemistry the cast have together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anyone still watching this? Thought last nights episode was decent, maybe a 6 out of 10. Still finding it's legs with the whole
    PI
    thing.

The
    Cheryl slap, Pam punch
    was hilarious though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anyone still watching this? Thought last nights episode was decent, maybe a 6 out of 10. Still finding it's legs with the whole
    PI
    thing.

The
    Cheryl slap, Pam punch
    was hilarious though.

Yep,ill watch the new episode tonight.Say it has a pretty big following.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

found it to be a step up on episode one of this season and particularly liked the
    use of the answering machine running gag and Archer / Pam trying to bring back Phrasing

Advertisement