Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aran islands

Options
  • 21-06-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

have been to aran mor a few times and loved it but was wondering would either of the smaller islands be worth a look - it's myself and my boyfriend - we only want to go for one night and would like to eat drink and be merry really :) also the bike rides, maybe a spot of fishing - does anyone have any experience of the other islands?

also we looked up aran ferries website and they do a return ferry ride and b&b for 50pps which i think sounds great - does anyone know if this is a good package? thankx a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

not much to see/do in inis mann. inis oirr is a nice place to see, lovely beach,island tours and the father ted boat!:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Inis Oírr is my favourite place in the whole country. :) The weather there tends to be better than on the mainland as well, at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

went there last august 1st. we had a good day, never rain,d all day. we had tour guid in a hiace van. we saw alot of people coming back with broken bikes, as in the bike broke /flat tyre and they had to walk it back 3-4miles. so im so glad we didnt opt for bike tour. had my birthday money to spend so we bought loads of ornaments. oh and the fresh made bread and apple pie,s are so delish'. we didnt go up any mountains. tour guid was a fun guy, he let us of on a beach for 20mins ,he said he dont usualy do that cos as it was my birthday .one thing that bugged me is supervalu has two price,s .one for the tourist and locals.guess which one is dearer? but i really had a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

thanks guys, inis oir sounds great! wow - supervalu! is that not a bit of a paradox?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thanks guys, inis oir sounds great! wow - supervalu! is that not a bit of a paradox?

I think cats.life is talking about Inis Mór. I'm fairly sure Ó Conghaile's shop in Inis Oírr isn't a Supervalu. Also, I can't think of any route that would require a four mile walk to the bike shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

I think cats.life is talking about Inis Mór. I'm fairly sure Ó Conghaile's shop in Inis Oírr isn't a Supervalu. Also, I can't think of any route that would require a four mile walk to the bike shop!
    oops ,sorry op it was inis mor, im crap at irish:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pychofairy

Inis Oírr is amazing. Lovely beaches and great craic traveling around on a bicycle. Weather can be lovely too this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Realt11

Inis Oírr is the most beautiful island out of the three. People more relaxed there and its not as 'tourist' as Inis Mór. Lovely walks around that island to the Plassy and then up around the castle. on a hot day its hard to believe its Ireland :D

Tigh Ned is a good spot for a session, but the other pubs are good too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

inis oirr is unreal..........end of

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Any body recommend a Bed and breakfast..as i hope to stay for 2 nights on Aran Mor in august.....have been on day trips but this time i think it deserves a lot more time to explore and enjoy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Inis Oirr is the nicest of all three islands IMO. Inis Mor is grand but can get very busy and just a tad too touristy for my liking. Inis Meain is drab, there's nothing to do there. Inis Oirr has a real charm about it and has retained it;s natural beauty.

Plus I'm a massive fr. ted fan and visiting the plassy was the highlight of my trip!:D

Advertisement