Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Cheapest place to park in Drogheda??

Options
  • 21-06-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am starting a job around Dyer street in a couple of weeks and judging by the whole one way system thing going on in Drogheda, I'm guessing its gona be hard to get parked on the street. Any ideas about a handy area to park within reasonable walking distance???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

there is allday parking in the carpark next to the old firestation on Scarlett street, i think its €3 per day, but it would be a 10 min walk to your job.

The train station is €2 also per day, but it would also be a 10 mins walk, and you would be lucky to get parking after 8am i think.

I think parking in Trinity Gardens is free, its like a mini industrial estate in the town, about 5 mins walk, i have no idea what parking is like there in the morning though, or if its just for customers and staff in the estate.

most of the parking within 10 mins of the town is paid, and on street parking is €1.30 per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ZoZo

Ok great, I'll check those out

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

lazygit wrote: »
    there is allday parking in the carpark next to the old firestation on Scarlett street, i think its €3 per day, but it would be a 10 min walk to your job.

The train station is €2 also per day, but it would also be a 10 mins walk, and you would be lucky to get parking after 8am i think.

I think parking in Trinity Gardens is free, its like a mini industrial estate in the town, about 5 mins walk, i have no idea what parking is like there in the morning though, or if its just for customers and staff in the estate.

most of the parking within 10 mins of the town is paid, and on street parking is €1.30 per hour

Trinity Gardens is a housing estate I think you are thinking of the fair green and as far as I know most of that is customer parking only. The Laurence Centre do deals on all day parking as does the multi story car-park which would be the nearest for you. There is an all day car-park beside the bus station which would only be a five minute walk.

Parking on Dyer Street is pay and display the maxium time you can park there is two hours. Fitzwilliam court car park and the town centre car park on Dyer street might do all day parking too, would be worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

Top of mary st, past Mullins chipper, Free steet parking. Take the steps down to Dyer St, 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

down the end of the quay where the entrance to the port is only charges 3 euro for the day now. just across from scotch hall so would only be 5 min walk over to dyer street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Another option is the car park on Donore Rd (near the bus station) - €3 per day and within a couple of mins of Dyer St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

5 day parking pass in scotch hall is €25.

Dont know if any other parking lots have deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

i work on dyer street and the cheapest and closest place to park is the one beside the bus depot....

durin the winter i park in the laurences centre for the day is 4.80 as for me its saferto walk up th town on the dark evenings!....

Fitzwilliam Court dont do reduced rates for full day parking so it can work out expensive i think 8 or 9 euros for the day...

Parking can be got on the street but its a pain in the bum trying to keep tickets on it....

Best of Luck in the new job!!!

Advertisement