Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did i failed or pass?

Options
  • 21-06-2011 2:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

I still don`t understand.I submitted a feedback request form today anyway.I got 40% in my CA and 32% in my exam.Can i use the "Pass by Compesation"? .On the website it says:
    What does 'Pass by Compensation' mean?
    If you got an overall module mark of 35-39% or a module grade of Module Compensation, you are in what is called the 'Pass by Compensation' range. This means that you can use marks from other modules to make up the marks that you are short. For example, if you get 36% in Module A and 45% in Module B, you can use 4% from module B to get your result up to 40% in Module A.

How is overall module mark calculated?Is (CA + Exam)/2 ?Or should i have between 35-39% in my exam only?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I still don`t understand.I submitted a feedback request form today anyway.I got 40% in my CA and 32% in my exam.Can i use the "Pass by Compesation"? .On the website it says:
    What does 'Pass by Compensation' mean?
    If you got an overall module mark of 35-39% or a module grade of Module Compensation, you are in what is called the 'Pass by Compensation' range. This means that you can use marks from other modules to make up the marks that you are short. For example, if you get 36% in Module A and 45% in Module B, you can use 4% from module B to get your result up to 40% in Module A.

How is overall module mark calculated?Is (CA + Exam)/2 ?Or should i have between 35-39% in my exam only?
    Thank you!

It says module mark in what you quoted. You'll have to work out your module mark based on what wait is put on the exam and what is put on continuous assessment. Your module mark will be CA mark * CA weight + Exam Mark * Exam Weight.

If that was 50 50, then you would have a module mark of 50% * 40 + 50% * 32 = 36% which puts you in the range for compensation. (just about)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Yes, they are 50% the CA and 50% the Exam.I will go back tomorrow..i went today to the college, and seems like nobody knows if i`m in the rage of compesation..they said i`ll receive an email from them...

I actually got 49 in the CA and 32 in the Exam.
    50% * 49 + 50% * 32 = 40.5
    How comes?It says if overall module mark is 35-39% , mine is 40% ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

OK, so you've passed. Whats the issue?

No....I should get between 35-39% in my exam...I got 32.I'll do the exam again in august.

• Advertisement
Advertisement