Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rouge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Mactard wrote: »
    Im interested to know how you like your steak? I'd like mine quite rare for instance, also what cut did they serve? it's striploin

Would you recommend rouge for taking someone on a date type scenario?
    We asked for medium-rare steaks, and they were spot on. Nice and juicy, very lean with no chewy-bits. Pink (but not raw) in the middle. Also not cut too thin - I dislike restaurants which go for larger thin-cuts rather than smaller thick-cuts.

Their wine-list doesn't have a description of the wine's flavour, but their wine expert was very helpful and we were delighted with the one he recommended (sorry - can't think of the name).

I'd definitely recommend Rouge for a date. The atmosphere is relaxed and while the staff were attentive, the weren't in our faces at all. The music on Fri was played by 2 lads on acoustic guitars (no singing), and even though we were sitting close to them, we could chat easily no bother. All in all it was a relaxed enjoyable atmosphere.

We didn't have a reservation, and had a 15 - 20 min wait seated at the bar, where they provided complimentary olives & pretzels :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

dilallio wrote: »

I'd definitely recommend Rouge for a date. The atmosphere is relaxed and while the staff were attentive, the weren't in our faces at all. The music on Fri was played by 2 lads on acoustic guitars (no singing), and even though we were sitting close to them, we could chat easily no bother. All in all it was a relaxed enjoyable atmosphere.

The live music seems to start around 10 or half. Different musicians, some sing some don't, but I've liked everyone. Some seem to do a mellower first set for the 'dinner' crowd, and slightly louder for the 2nd half. The last night I was there one of the tables insisted in joining in for the songs! It wasn't pub messy though, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves!

If you want 'cozy' the table near the window is best for wine sharing, or for dining, the tables at the far end to the left.

Just reading over this and realising how much I've been in there! Good sign! :)

Advertisement