Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worth a look

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Must be a strange feeling to see a Fendt and a new Claas baler race downhill and go over the edge.:mad:
    Some nice pics there. Plenty of Mchales there too. I see they use a lot of quick attach hitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

I was there in 1996 on a farm tour wonderful country. Would not join the EU because they would be net benefactors. They did not give their natural resourses away Statoil was their national oil company. Farming was protected and encoureged no doubt we see the result in those beautiful pics Could tell lots more I youre interested;)

I was there, with work, myself about 2 years ago. Nice country alright. Very small fields, even by Irish standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

pakalasa wrote: »
    I was there, with work, myself about 2 years ago. Nice country alright. Very small fields, even by Irish standards.

is the agriculture intensive I wonder, machinery in that set of pics seems to be top class anyway, also interesting to see mchale stuff so prominent

What really strikes you, not just in Scandinavia, but the rest of Europe too, is there's very little ditches or cattle grazing. You see a lot of concrete roads too, with perfect run-off drains.
    It's like Ireland was late catching up, but along came REPS etc, to pay farmers not to make these changes, i.e. spend money like the rest of european farmers had already. Good timing or what?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

pakalasa wrote: »
    What really strikes you, not just in Scandinavia, but the rest of Europe too, is there's very little ditches or cattle grazing. You see a lot of concrete roads too, with perfect run-off drains.
    It's like Ireland was late catching up, but along came REPS etc, to pay farmers not to make these changes, i.e. spend money like the rest of european farmers had already. Good timing or what?:D

Haven't been to Scandanavia but am interested in what ye have to say

Very little ditches - surely ditches are of environmental good - so are you saying Ireland is better in this regard? (we have a plague of small birds around at the moment). Or that our fields are too small and badly shaped?

No cattle grazing - meaning that Ireland by utilising grass is both a cheaper producer and can be seen as a better product??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

red bull wrote: »
    I was there in 1996 on a farm tour wonderful country. Would not join the EU because they would be net benefactors. They did not give their natural resourses away Statoil was their national oil company. Farming was protected and encoureged no doubt we see the result in those beautiful pics Could tell lots more I youre interested;)

Yep keep the info coming

Advertisement