Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay Price Phone for Pre Pay sim?

Options
  • 21-06-2011 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi

Im on meteor pre pay and i was looking at the blackberry torch. Its 530e to buy it on pre pay. I dont have that kind of money and i wouldnt spend that much on a phone anyway. However the same phone is 150e on billpay.

My question is , can someone on meteor bill pay buy that phone for 150e and give it to me and will my pre pay sim work in the phone?
    Or is there a way that meteor block people from essentially cheating their system and saving a load of money by getting a pre pay phone for bill pay price.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yes, you can do that, but that 'someone' will be left with a lengthy contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

and a crappy enough phone in comparison to the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DOHERTY30691

In the store it was on offer for 150 if the persons contract was 45e or more. It was a 24 month contract. If they already have a 45e a month bill is the only catch for them the additional months they must add on or is there other costs im not aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

In the store it was on offer for 150 if the persons contract was 45e or more. It was a 24 month contract. If they already have a 45e a month bill is the only catch for them the additional months they must add on or is there other costs im not aware of.

Those additional months are 2 years, there also going to have to pay a premium of 9.99 every month to use blackberry bis and they won't have a blackberry. You'll also have to top up by more to use the blackberry.
    If it's someone's upgrade there also going to want a new phone in the next 2 years and giving you there upgrade will forefit that. If it's one of your folks and there happy enough with there simple nokia then you could pay the 150 and get the upgrade. Don't force them into renewing their contact if there not happy with the costs.

Why do you want a blackberry, any android would probably be more suitiable for you and your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

A new 24 month contract, after the current one has finished or is paid off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement