Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cr*ppy Insurance Companies ...

Options
  • 21-06-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Sorry guys! Will come back and tell the whole story when its all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

it's called Joe Duffy :)

but seriously have you considered speaking to a solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

there's two sides to every story.

we have your side. You also have a solicitor. You appear to have gone as far as you could before you employed solicitor.

Insurers have to deal fairly with clients. Fairly can mean different things to different people, but they must be fair.

Perhaps they have information that suggests you are not ill, or as ill as you say, or the illness is not covered by the policy. You may have an illness, but the policy definition may not cover it. You might have a heart attack, but with some PHI's, unless there is damage to heart muscle, the claim is not covered.

Have the insurers told you/your solicitor why they are not dealing with the claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I tend to agree with ravima. Our course you are going to be emotional as it is your own personal situation and for that I'm sorry.

Usually there is no grey area in this, it is either covered or not. If you were using a decent broker, they would have a good idea as to why there is no payout and could liaise on your behalf with the insurance company.

If their decision is not reasonable, there is a complaints process, initially via the insurance company and then the complaint is escalated.

First step is not a solicitor or Ombudsman.

Over the years I have had many a solicitor call me to discuss cases and ask for my opinion as best way to escalate on behalf of their client. Some are a waste of time and some are genuine cases.

If you care to give more information and specifically why they are not admitting the claim I can have a look at the t&c's of the 3 compnaies in the market 9 years ago.

Seriously, a broker would clear this up for you very quickly one way or another.

Advertisement