Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Night Astro (8pm boals goals) ! sign up only read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Friday 8.30pm
    well lads ill start with the names for next week

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1

pity it was a lopsided game again numbers-wise again tonight.. we need to give as much notice as possible if any of us cant make it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Friday 8.30pm
    oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    pity it was a lopsided game again numbers-wise again tonight.. we need to give as much notice as possible if any of us cant make it !

Yep

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM

Dannie might play if it's not too windy!?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BroganBoii

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii

I have a +1 on stand-by but i wont put his name down untill friday or so incase there is a high demand this week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 youngmagee

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Good game tonight:)

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I love football, the running in between I'm not so keen on!

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4
    11. Flibblesh (I have just realised my boards account is flibbles!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4
    11. Flibblesh (I have just realised my boards account is flibbles!)
    12. Local-Womanizer

Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn last night, but I will keep at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I couldn't hit the air around the barn, nevermind the barn! Cut my toe open too :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Friday 8.30pm
    Feck, missed the cut! If someone can't make it, stick my name down!

Friday 8.30pm
    0lordy wrote: »
    Feck, missed the cut! If someone can't make it, stick my name down!

Keep checking back right up till kick off time cos usually at least one person will pull out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Friday 8.30pm
    yeah i guess i'll be the same then! might see yous next week!

Friday 8.30pm
    Might need a bigger pitch soon or maybe book a 2nd night? I'd definitely play 2 nights and it would give everyone a chance to play, problem is with CL and Europa league starting up soon, numbers could drop pretty quick

Anyone else up for 2 nights? Maybe add a Thursday?

Friday 8.30pm
    Ah the joys of being a liverpool fan.... makes me free ANY night! Are there bigger pitches anywhere?

I'm in that boat as well Dannie, not much to look forward too this year in Europe!
    But id'e say i'll probably just stick to the one night a week for now as it is taking me a week for my legs to recover some what :D

Friday 8.30pm
    I'm in that boat as well Dannie, not much to look forward too this year in Europe!
    But id'e say i'll probably just stick to the one night a week for now as it is taking me a week for my legs to recover some what :D

ah sure when we are 10 or 20 points clear at the top of the table in May we won't complain of a year with for Euro footy!s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Friday 8.30pm
    I have no bother playing 2 nights either, the night doesn't really matter.

Lads hows about this idea, I don't want to anyone to take this the wrong way or anything but 2 of the guys who have played from the very start cannot play this week, I don't think thats fair myself! How's about introducing like a point thing whereby ya get 1 point for every night ya play and take 2 off if you say your going to play and you don't show up / pull out on the day or maybe a few hours before kick off, unless you have a really good reason ;)

I know it might sound harsh but I think that it's very unfair that the guys who played since the start cannot play although for it to work everyone who has played thus far would need to agree to it, whatca think?

Friday 8.30pm
    danniemcq wrote: »
    ah sure when we are 10 or 20 points clear at the top of the table in May we won't complain of a year with for Euro footy!s

Ya must have been on the sauce early to come up with that c**p :D

I'll stop into Aura and see what the pitch sizes are like and price/availability, no point in people being left out or fighting for a place everyweek

edit: posted this same time as ya Homer, I'd rather 2 nights TBH but can check Aura aswell, just to have as an option?

I have no bother playing 2 nights either, the night doesn't really matter.

Lads hows about this idea, I don't want to anyone to take this the wrong way or anything but 2 of the guys who have played from the very start cannot play this week, I don't think thats fair myself! How's about introducing like a point thing whereby ya get 1 point for every night ya play and take 2 off if you say your going to play and you don't show up / pull out on the day or maybe a few hours before kick off, unless you have a really good reason ;)

I know it might sound harsh but I think that it's very unfair that the guys who played since the start cannot play although for it to work everyone who has played thus far would need to agree to it, whatca think?

I dont mint going with what ever you guys come up with, so you can count me in.
    I'm relatively new to playing so dont mind dropping out to let some of the other guys play this week if use want :)

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »

True, true!
    Plenty of footy to look forward to next year :)

Friday 8.30pm
    IPAM wrote: »

edit: posted this same time as ya Homer, I'd rather 2 nights TBH but can check Aura aswell, just to have as an option?
    I dont mint going with what ever you guys come up with, so you can count me in.
    I'm relatively new to playing so dont mind dropping out to let some of the other guys play this week if use want :)

Me too IPAM would much rather play the 2 night so as everyone gets a game, but i still think its unfair on the origional guys given they can't play. But maybe the points thing is too harsh but couldn't think on anything else.

Anyways its 33 degrees and I should be out sunbathing :cool:

Friday 8.30pm
    Didn't want to edit again :o points thing could be good, it's sh*t for
    people who were there from the start but don't wanna turn away the new lads either

eh I dunno TBH, do you wanna enquire about a 2nd night, after your sunbathing obviously?:P Or I could ring? Once we get times/days we can see if we have enough for a 2nd night

Friday 8.30pm
    IPAM wrote: »

eh I dunno TBH, do you wanna enquire about a 2nd night, after your sunbathing obviously?:P Or I could ring? Once we get times/days we can see if we have enough for a 2nd night

I'd suggest to start up a new thread / poll and have thur - sun as options on day then see how many we have then phone, I aint the boss tho pacman.gif

whichever is handiest for you

Friday 8.30pm
    Handiest for me is for you to be boss, sort everythin out n let me score the goals :cool:

Ha!! :D New thread sounds good :)

Friday 8.30pm
    Im all for a second night as well..maybe a friday or monday even.. so we can still get to see our clubs in Europe? ;) but ill go with the flow off course!

And the points thing seems fair enough to me... you could also lose points for putting your name down & pulling out ..i know its not done on badness but it inconvienices the rest of the lads & it will deter people putting there name down if there unsure really whether they will make it or not! just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Points thing might be tough to police and keep track of. Im available roughly every second week but a second night would be great and possibly give me an option of at least one game a week.

Friday 8.30pm
    plus if was based on points any new users would find it very difficult to have a game....

but then again it does sound like a possibility

dammit to tired to think. I do think as someone (baldfigo i think) said to me one week when we were a man short that the Tuesday evening is to early to start putting names down, for example if someone puts their name down, forgets or is without BB for any reason and then can't make it it does let everyone down so if say it was a Sunday afternoon before we could start a list...

Friday 8.30pm
    sounds good danny !! im all up for a second game a week ..lets get it organised ..somebody that can organise things.. :)

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    And what about instead of a points system we just do 2 strikes & your out... ie 2 no-shows without warning then you dont get another game for a certain while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement