Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Night Astro (8pm boals goals) ! sign up only read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Friday 8.30pm
    danniemcq wrote: »
    plus if was based on points any new users would find it very difficult to have a game....

but then again it does sound like a possibility

dammit to tired to think. I do think as someone (baldfigo i think) said to me one week when we were a man short that the Tuesday evening is to early to start putting names down, for example if someone puts their name down, forgets or is without BB for any reason and then can't make it it does let everyone down so if say it was a Sunday afternoon before we could start a list...

Hmm, I think people should be able to remember if they put their name down. Plus, people would just be poised at the keyboard on Sunday to get their place!

Maybe we're trying to over-engineer it, but another option might be this: if you play one week, you automatically get to play the following week, as long as you confirm by, say, Wednesday night, after which it's open to anyone.

If you book a slot but don't show, and don't get anyone else, then you miss the next week.

Or else just leave it as-is: for this Tuesday, I'll just get my name down for the following week while ye're all playing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Friday 8.30pm
    Yeah dunno about signin up on Sunday, I've played every week since it started n I'd be p*ssed if I didn't get a game because everyone signed up in 10 minutes on a Sunday night :( but we'll have to sort something, it's hard to be fair on everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Friday 8.30pm
    well the way it is the now should work ok but theres far too many people been signing up then pulling out & often at too late a time to get a reasonable replacement.. as olordy said it shouldnt be too hard to remember..hopefully now we seem to be getting a core that want to play every week as well as few other boys who can play certain weeks due to work ...maybe the 2 games a week would also help in the fact that theres less time between games therefore less time for the dosy heads to forget theyve put there name down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

I played for a few weeks there and really enjoyed it and I have suffered the disappointment of missing the cut.
    A second game per week sounds interesting, maybe it cud work.
    Maybe we are just opening up another night to 5 vs 6..
    The strikes thing would bring more security to the game been a full 6 vs 6.
    Perhaps take a mental role on the tuesday and post up who attended or more importantly who didnt for the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I think a poll should be opened for which night suits for a second night. There is definitely demand there for two nights. Come October/November and the cold evenings/champions league football, the numbers might be cut by a few and we can revert to the once a week.

Lads are lads and there is always going to be someone that doesn't show, maybe even two that don't turn up. It's really no surprise that it happens and I don't think anyone here can refuse somebody the following week if they try to sign up. I wouldn't envy anyone having that job.

In the meantime, have a good think before you sign up for a game. If you have any doubt about being there, don't put your name down as it's keeping a willing bloke out.

With regards to the 5 v 6, just look at it as a challenge to organise your team around it to try and keep it competitive. Above all it's a bit of craic and great excercise.

Anyway, big thumbs up for the second weekly night.

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    Polls up, vote away! Closes in 7 days

Friday 8.30pm
    Anyone fancy givin me a lift tomorrow night? Misses has the car :(

I'm in Ballymacool so could meet near Blacks/Old Dunnes or whatever suits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4
    11. Flibblesh (I have just realised my boards account is flibbles!)

Lads, cant make it now! Tuesdays don't really suit me I think. Every second tuesday might though.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Friday 8.30pm
    Wohoo!

1. oranbhoy67
    2. oranbhoy67+1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4
    12.0lordy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Friday 8.30pm
    Dammit!

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    1. oranbhoy67
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4
    12.0lordy

MY +1 Has pulled out ..college or something...Danny get moving :)

ps i need a lift too now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

A mate of mine says he will play

1. oranbhoy67
    2. ayeboy +1
    3. IPAM
    4. homer
    5. homer +1
    6. BroganBoii
    7. youngmagee
    8. ayeboy
    9. bohsboy
    10. Firemansam4
    12.0lordy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Dannie missed his shot again!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Flibbles wrote: »
    Dannie missed his shot again!
    You snooze, you loose :pac:

Friday 8.30pm
    fecking meetings!

ah feck it i'll hit cinema instead

I can pick people up. Just give me a well known landmark as I'm not great on Letterkenny.

Friday 8.30pm
    Ah lads, I don't wanna sound like a wanker but Dannie said last week and last night about missing the cut, we need to sort something out

Friday 8.30pm
    bohsboy wrote: »
    I can pick people up. Just give me a well known landmark as I'm not great on Letterkenny.

Do ya know the old Dunnes in Letterkenny? :)

IPAM wrote: »
    Do ya know the old Dunnes in Letterkenny? :)

Thats the one at the opposite end of town to the astro? Looks like a factory? 7.45pm ok?

Friday 8.30pm
    Just remembered your comin from the opposite side, bit out of your way? And yeah the one like a factory :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

I can cancel yer man if youse want? be no hassle

Friday 8.30pm
    ayeboy wrote: »
    I can cancel yer man if youse want? be no hassle

no point in cancelling anyone, i appreciate it but always better to have stand-by people in a good mood and if its a case of oh aye you play then nah sorry never mind etc its not fair on them and if we needed another one in the future he might think twice before saying aye.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and if anyone pulls out/can't make it i'll be there

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I know there has been a few ideas about points systems and all that for who plays but i was wondering would it be a good idea to have a sub system added onto the first 12 names, as there is always nearly 1 or 2 that pull out. maybe something like below??? - then add the stand bys to the original list as a player pulls out? just an idea:)

Stand bys:

Friday 8.30pm
    we kinda had an unoffical sub system earlier in the thread regarding this week but i guess an offical one like that would be better!

Friday 8.30pm
    Soon we'll be doin the name sheet 6weeks in advance to make sure we get a game :pac:

Friday 8.30pm
    6 weeks? i think i have a flu that week

• Registered Users Posts: 32 youngmagee

bohsboy wrote: »

Any chance a i can get a lift too. If there is no room its no problem as i can get there myself, but its crap weather be cycle in :( . i can be at the old duns with IPAM

Friday 8.30pm
    youngmagee wrote: »
    Any chance a i can get a lift too. If there is no room its no problem as i can get there myself, but its crap weather be cycle in :( . i can be at the old duns with IPAM
    and me too im shotgun :)

Friday 8.30pm
    oh thats gonna be a cozy car!

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    danniemcq wrote: »
    oh thats gonna be a cozy car!

Your just jealous.... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement