Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Night Astro (8pm boals goals) ! sign up only read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Friday 8.30pm
    It's ok this príck thinks he has it covered :pac:

bout time you do something right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Friday 8.30pm
    danniemcq wrote: »
    bout time you do something right

Don't make me take it out of its box!!!!!

ban-hammer.jpg

Friday 8.30pm
    1. LW
    2. LW +1
    3. BranViet
    4. Ipam
    5. firemansam4
    6. Homer
    7. Homer +1
    8. 0lordy
    9. 0lordy +1
    10. oranbhoy67
    11. cha80
    12. DrPhil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My leg is killing me all day, not sure why.

Just as well there's 12, if I venture outfield I won't need to be too mobile...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

wow this subs thing actually works
    I`ll def go along if ur short tonight!

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    My leg is killing me all day, not sure why.

Just as well there's 12, if I venture outfield I won't need to be too mobile...
    Comedian wrote: »
    wow this subs thing actually works
    I`ll def go along if ur short tonight!

Well DrPhil sounds like he mightn't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

i`ll keep checking back :)

I'm still in. Sorry comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Friday 8.30pm
    Thought that was a great game tonight lads, definitely improving every week! Headin him for a few days so won't be here next Tuesday.

Aye good game.

Apologies if I broke the rules by staying in nets too long. Can somebody clarify, some nights I get turfed out after 2 goals, other times I'm told to stay as long as I want.

I'm only new to the setup so I'll do as I'm told.

Mind you I let in some howlers this week, especially second time in.

Not sure what's happening next week yet.

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    It was 2 goals and your out but it's not that strict, I wouldn't mind 3 and maybe even 4 but I think everyone should have to go in goal and obviously that would mean everyone goin out for a while too, jus my opinion

IPAM wrote: »
    It was 2 goals and your out but it's not that strict, I wouldn't mind 3 and maybe even 4 but I think everyone should have to go in goal and obviously that would mean everyone goin out for a while too, jus my opinion

Fair enough, do me good to have to run a bit anyway and I scored a few when I was out too.

Friday 8.30pm
    Fair enough, do me good to have to run a bit anyway and I scored a few when I was out too.

That sliding shot/goal was beast, fair play

That sliding shot/goal was beast, fair play

Had me shaking bits of astroturf rubber out of me arse the rest of the night though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Friday 8.30pm

tbh, didn't know about a 2-goal rule/guideline

My view was that if someone wants to stay in goal for longer then that's ok, otherwise it would be 5-10 minutes in goal rotated around the team, but really it's up to the team.

Anyway, it's homer's ball so he can make the rules...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I didn't know there was any kind of rule for the goalkeeping, all I know is I make sure I'm in at least once for fairness (and usually not for very long [woeful keeper!]).

0lordy wrote: »
    My view was that if someone wants to stay in goal for longer then that's ok, otherwise it would be 5-10 minutes in goal rotated around the team, but really it's up to the team.

That was my thinking too. Normally people don't like going in nets so the reason for forcing rotation is so that the same person doesn't get stuck there half the night. If the same person wants to get stuck there half the night then let them IMO.

But last night people on the other team were complaining that I should go out (ironic since the complaining started right after I let in a soft one) so that's why I was asking.

If Homer is the boss then I'll go along with whatever he says. Like I said I've only played 4 or 5 games so I'm not looking to rock the boat.

My other concern is that if I go out I've got about 5-10 minutes before I'm gasping for air and need back in! :D

If Homer is the boss

Ocurred to me last night that I still haven't a damn clue who most people are.

I know Dannie is Danniemcq, but I haven't a baldy who the rest are. Only know a few real names, and no other forum names at all! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Starting the list for next week:

1. Lw
    2. Lw +1

1. Lw
    2. Lw +1
    3. Flibbles!

If college decides to add another night I'll just skip it ;)

Also only 1 person is going to get this. Who is Joe-Joe? (As in, his boards name (if no response, he's a +1) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BranViet

If you mean the person who I kept shouting at last night, he is a board user. Otherwise, nevermind...

I wasn't there last night so I wouldn't know :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BranViet

lol - then nevermind me...

Friday 8.30pm
    Lad's since I have started playing astro I have played to the sames rules... 2 Goals and your out, or if someone comes up and says I'll go in the keeper goes out (or on the odd occasion, like me last night where i let in 2 goals within 1 minute I stayed in for another goal). I was kinda the person who set the game up, not the boss of the game we all play and should have a say, but it was asked of me whats the rules on the first night, and we have played like that since week 1. There has never been bother with it either untill recently....

When we used to play in St,Johnston (long before boals opened) we had a keeper who played with us but always played along with the rules of 2 goals and your out (or if there is a spell of no goals being scored) someone comes to the keeper and says do you want to go out (becuase we don't all know each other thats a nice way of saying I want in :pac:) the keeper went out.

I'm the person that said that (two weeks now) that the keeper should be out because the keeper was in, what seemed like 25 odd minutes from the start of the game and it didn't matter what side i'm on because i was thinking the outfeild players need a break too, its not about how good bad you are in nets its a matter of it being fair for everyone and also because we don't know each other that well again some people don't wana be cheeky and say here i'll go in.

If people want to change that thats fair enough, if someone wants to stay in for more than 2 goals fair enough but staying in nets for half / most of the game shouldn't be an option IMO...
    0lordy wrote: »
    Anyway, it's homer's ball so he can make the rules...biggrin.gif

Its everyone ball (and bibs) mind we all put money in to get the decent ball / bibs on the 2nd or 3rd week i think it was :P

1. Lw
    2. Lw +1
    3. Flibbles!
    4. Homer

There's 2 Joes that play one is on here and has played since the very start and the other is LW's +1 ;)

Right, it must be the +1 I'm thinking of :P The wife knows him from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Flibbles wrote: »
    Right, it must be the +1 I'm thinking of :P The wife knows him from work.

I'll tell him to keep the head down in work so! Is it a certain American company in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Friday 8.30pm
    Lad's since I have started playing astro I have played to the sames rules... 2 Goals and your out, or if someone comes up and says I'll go in the keeper goes out (or on the odd occasion, like me last night where i let in 2 goals within 1 minute I stayed in for another goal). I was kinda the person who set the game up, not the boss of the game we all play and should have a say, but it was asked of me whats the rules on the first night, and we have played like that since week 1. There has never been bother with it either untill recently....

Grand job, let's go with that.

I'm probably out for next week, but Neil is on for it.

1. Lw
    2. Lw +1
    3. Flibbles!
    4. Homer
    5. 0lordy +1

someone comes to the keeper and says do you want to go out (becuase we don't all know each other thats a nice way of saying I want in :pac:)

Anytime someone has said that to me because there hasn't been a goal in a while I've said the same thing, "I'm grand to stay in, unless you want in". If they genuinely wanted in rather than just being polite then I've gone out. The only people who have ever taken issue to me staying in was the other team.

it didn't matter what side i'm on because i was thinking the outfeild players need a break too, its not about how good bad you are in nets its a matter of it being fair for everyone

Changed your tune? ;)
    You can stay in nets all the time every week, some unreal saves ya made (unless I'm playing against ya that is :pac:)

There has never been bother with it either until recently....

Well that's me told! :(

Like I said I'm not out to rock the boat, I only started recently. Just seemed to be getting mixed messages about whether I could stay in or not.

Apologies for any hassle caused.

I'll tell him to keep the head down in work so! Is it a certain American company in town?

Indeed! I've been well told to call him joe-joe at every possibility :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Friday 8.30pm
    Oh the things you miss when you are out for a few weeks,

now i know how Steven Gerrard feels, if only i could play like him now

1. Lw
    2. Lw +1
    3. Flibbles!
    4. Homer
    5. 0lordy +1
    6. danniemcq

as for the whole nets thing i can see both sides here. it can be very annoying playing with someone who is always in nets especially if you are tired/injured or whatever. I can also see the positives to it though as it means that the team is not constantly changing so you get to learn how others play and quickly get used to it. when its constantly switched it can mean learning a new rhythm again and you can lose the flow of the game.

If a player wants to spend more time in goal it should be added to the team picking process, need a fitter 4 or 5 outfield maybe compared to the other team whereas the opossing team maybe should be made up of people who have played together a few times before so they know each other and can quickly adapt every switch.

does that make sense?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement