Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Night Astro (8pm boals goals) ! sign up only read post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Friday 8.30pm
    BUMP

Could still do with another few :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Friday 8.30pm
    1. Homer_simpson
    2. Homer_simpson's +1
    3. oranbhoy67
    4. oranbhoy67's + 1
    5. IPAM
    6. IPAM +1
    7.buckfasterer
    8.GRAHAMR32
    9.Danniemcq
    10. Homer_simpson's +2
    10.madalig12 (missing first week)
    11.0lordy (missing first week)
    12. Homer_simpson's +2

As IPAM says we still have room for a few more, don't be shy :pac:

Friday 8.30pm
    Well thats 12 names on the list But 2 maybe 4 will miss this week and one will be missing next week so still room for more....

Friday 8.30pm
    Never even thought of ball an bibs, I've neither! I've a ball at home I'll bring it up on Saturday but we need one for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I would but injury is holding me back :( and I am away till the end of July.

I might chance it after though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Friday 8.30pm
    crap yeah bibs and ball.....

that'd be a bit of a (ahem) balls if we landed out without either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

U can get a ball from them out there, they aren't great though.

Friday 8.30pm
    U can get a ball from them out there, they aren't great though.

Yeah i asked them when i was chatting to them, they said they have balls but they are worse than the plastic balls you had as a kid, said they were stole too often too so don't buy decent ones anymore, and they had bibs too don't keep any for the same reason as the crappy balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GRAHAMR32

Anyone know if there R there shower facilities at this place ?
    I'm not so familiar with letterkenny, is boals near charlies cafe?

Friday 8.30pm
    GRAHAMR32 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there R there shower facilities at this place ?
    I'm not so familiar with letterkenny, is boals near charlies cafe?

3rd Time Lucky eeh :pac:

Heres Boals goals location on google maps too for anyone who hasn't been before ---> linky

Yeah they have 6 pitches and a changing room with showers and all for each pitch if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I have a ball, pity i'm not playing the first week :D. I'm willing to loan it to ye's tho, its a fairly new nike ball an i have a pump too. Pm me tonight homer if ye need it. Bibs.....the crowd i play with at work bought cheap ones of ebay....maybe best to see if it lasts longer than one week first! Everyone bring a red top an a white top!

Friday 8.30pm
    So that 10 for the 1st week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Twelve is the ideal number out in Boal's. Awful lot of space for just four outfield players = awful lot of running.

Friday 8.30pm
    just PM'd you there IPAM with my number, if this is still going ahead tonight if you give me a text or a call when you leave the house i'll be at blacks

(Lanky skinny guy in Liverpool top)

Friday 8.30pm
    Yeah 10 this week and your right 12 is the ideal number but at least with 10 people we still have a game, it will be 12 every other week hopefully, besides i don't really think the running will do most of us any harm :pac:

Bibs and Ball sorted for this week :cool:

Friday 8.30pm
    Yeah besides i don't really think the running will do most of us any harm :pac:

if i die i'm blaming you, just making you aware

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    (Lanky skinny guy in Liverpool top)
    I wouldn't lift him dressed like that :pac:

Friday 8.30pm
    :( jeez what happened to mods being impartial :p

the link to the pitch doesnt show a lot on my iphone, and ive googled it with 3 different results. I'm coming from derry diection, is it as this map shows near letterkenny on my side, or near Charlies cafe, or another map has it out towards kilmacrennen , i'm not too sure where im aiming for.
    I hope youns arent dirty tacklers, ive no shinguards !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Go down to the dry arch at the end of the dual carriageway, right around the roundabout, then down the road past 'GreatGas' and just follow that and its on the left down on past letterkenny glass.

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    right when you get to the dry arch roundabout coming from Derry you pretty much want to do a 360. the exit AFTER the petrol station (wee tiny road). go down there and it has a long left hand corner (you'll be running parallel with the dual carraigeway_ and on the left hand side are some big buildings. keep going out the road for 200m or so and you'll see boals on the left hand side down the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

the link to the pitch doesnt show a lot on my iphone, and ive googled it with 3 different results. I'm coming from derry diection, is it as this map shows near letterkenny on my side, or near Charlies cafe, or another map has it out towards kilmacrennen , i'm not too sure where im aiming for.
    I hope youns arent dirty tacklers, ive no shinguards !!!
    As stated above go right around the the roundabout and take the last turn off before the one for the dual carriageway. The little side road runs parallel with the carriageway so when you're driving along it you're heading back in the Lifford/Derry direction again.

Hopefully this link works for you. It shows the roundabout and the pitches

Thanks guys for directions, i was never gonna find youns otherwise.
    Just need to find my shorts, trainers and i'm good to go, hope an Arsenal top doesnt offend anyone :D

Friday 8.30pm
    Thanks guys for directions, i was never gonna find youns otherwise.
    Just need to find my shorts, trainers and i'm good to go, hope an Arsenal top doesnt offend anyone

Na you and danny can be in the team with the bibs :pac:

No shin guards are needed i wouldn't think just bring a Defibulater with ya for dannie if you have one.....

Friday 8.30pm
    muffler wrote: »
    Hopefully this link works for you. It shows the roundabout and the pitches

Good map that, Boals is the green block just to the right and above the red cross in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Friday 8.30pm
    Im gonna have another pal coming too i think .. hes only gonna play if some one doesnt turn up & we need level numbers! or if my back goes he can be an emergency sub lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Well if you's want i'll grab another lad and that would make the 12?

Friday 8.30pm
    Nice one, if we have 12 it will make for a better game, cheers lads :)

Friday 8.30pm
    HEY HEY HEY
    Enough of that Homer, I’m all for some fun and games with some piss taking but lumping Liverpool and Arsenal together is just mean. At least we will finish in the top 4 at least next year as Arsenal spiral downwards…

Also if we are playing week in week out would it be an idea to throw a few quid together to buy us a ball and bibs? I’ll call into mcCormicks on way past this evening anyway and price everything

• Advertisement

Friday 8.30pm
    danniemcq wrote: »
    HEY HEY HEY
    Enough of that Homer, I’m all for some fun and games with some piss taking but lumping Liverpool and Arsenal together is just mean. At least we will finish in the top 4 at least next year as Arsenal spiral downwards…

Also if we are playing week in week out would it be an idea to throw a few quid together to buy us a ball and bibs? I’ll call into mcCormicks on way past this evening anyway and price everything

Way ahead of ya was going to chat about that tonight. I was pricing around €35 for 10 decent bibs. You get the middle ball (not the €15 nike ball, its heavier and a bit spongier than them) for €30 But we would need to chat after tonight to make sure everyone was willing to come every week first...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement