Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using a home dye kit

• 21-06-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

I usually get my hair dyed & a few highlights put in at the hairdressers. Lately I am really disappointed with the service I am getting. Basically trainees are mixing my colour & I'm not happy with it.
    My base colour is a mousy brown with a scatter of highlights. I have specifically asked for this not to be done but I end up coming out each time frustrated.

Anyway, I'm also a bit peeved at paying up to €120 every 8 weeks for something I'm not happy with.

Can I buy Clairol or some other home dye & put it in myself without any major problems? I used to dye my hair myself for years so I'm very adept at getting complete coverage.

I was thinking of using a lighter blonde colour all over. Would this be ok to put in my hair?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smiler1990

I'd just go to another hairdresser tbh! No point paying for something you're not happy with! I've had bad experience with home dye kits so I just steer clear of them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Are you looking for an all over colour? If so, the John Fredia foam colours are fantastic. So lovely and rich. (I can't talk for the blondes as I'm a very dark brown) But they're lovely and easy to use. And not mental expensive.

If you're looking for the home highlight kits? Can't help there I'm afraid! :D

Advertisement