Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships Parking Permits

• 21-06-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys, has anyone received the promised residents parking permit for the Tall Ships? I went in the parking permit office about two weeks ago and the woman there said that they were in the process of sending them. Since I live in the city centre and i work outside Waterford this thing is of vital importance for me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

hi, I have a carers pass and received my tall ships pass weeks ago but i had to apply for it if you have a residents pass I dont think u need to apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

I only received my special permit as we are in the "cordon" area. You NEED this pass in order to get through where the Gardai will be. Get onto the office to get this sorted ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

the big green pass i rececived a few weeks ago will allow you passed the guards well at least it did the last time the ships were in.:confused:

mary21 wrote: »
    the big green pass i rececived a few weeks ago will allow you passed the guards well at least it did the last time the ships were in.:confused:

That's the one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Well I was in the office about 2 weeks ago and they told me i didnt need anything because i have a resident parking permit already and they would send out the Tall Ships permit soon. Now I explained my situation to the woman there and she said that all i needed was gonna be sent to me. I will be really pissed off if that wasnt the case cos i need to go to work and be on time. Also I do not have time to spare bouncing from office to office to get this green permit.
    To say that the information that they put up on the website is confusing would be an euphemism!

• Advertisement

From the letter that I got with the green permit, this permit is only issued to people that reside inside the cordoned off area. Any other permits need to be applied for. People living inside the cordon would have automatically be issued with the green permits.

Hope this helps.

Thanks:) I'll wait for my letter so since I'm definitely in the cordoned area, I live in Bridge st...

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    Thanks:) I'll wait for my letter so since I'm definitely in the cordoned area, I live in Bridge st...

I'm in Summerhill *waves*:p

I only got our one yesterday so /i'd say that if you have nothing by Thursday, I would be ringing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 a05bf625

I also live in the Cordoned area and only found out today that I need a permit. I have undground parking at my apartment and havent received any information at all. he only reason I found ut there was a cordon was that a colleague told me today. Im not from around waterford (only moved here a few months ago) so I had no idea this festival would cordon off such a large area and since I received no information from the council or organisers I didnt know I needed to get a permit.

I contacted them today but havent had any response yet.
    The telephone number went straight to an answering machine and no reply from the emails I sent.

Does anyone here know a different number I can call to try find out what I can do?

Thanks for your help

Permit not in the mail box :eek: Still waiting :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I thought your residents parking permit on your windscreen covers you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

The only people who get the green permit are people who have valid parking permits already ( blue ones).

I got my green permit last week. A4 sized sheet which has to be displayed in car to move about the corden and get in and out.

If you live in town and have a drive, well obviously you do not need a parking permit so I presume you had to ring office and see what way permits work that way.

a05bf625 wrote: »
    I also live in the Cordoned area and only found out today that I need a permit. I have undground parking at my apartment and havent received any information at all. he only reason I found ut there was a cordon was that a colleague told me today. Im not from around waterford (only moved here a few months ago) so I had no idea this festival would cordon off such a large area and since I received no information from the council or organisers I didnt know I needed to get a permit.

I contacted them today but havent had any response yet.
    The telephone number went straight to an answering machine and no reply from the emails I sent.

Does anyone here know a different number I can call to try find out what I can do?

Thanks for your help

Do you have a resident's permit? If not, you should have applied for one.

libra02 wrote: »
    The only people who get the green permit are people who have valid parking permits already ( blue ones).

I got my green permit last week. A4 sized sheet which has to be displayed in car to move about the corden and get in and out.

If you live in town and have a drive, well obviously you do not need a parking permit so I presume you had to ring office and see what way permits work that way.

Spot on!

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    Permit not in the mail box :eek: Still waiting :(

Ring ring ring!! Or call in tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

lads the only permit ya need is a copy of the irish constuition giving unhindered travel across the lands of eire

Hoffmans wrote: »
    lads the only permit ya need is a copy of the irish constuition giving unhindered travel across the lands of eire

I really wish it was that simple :(

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭deeks

Try that and let's see how far it gets ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Well, if your car were a citizen then your car might be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 John Sample

deeks wrote: »
    Try that and let's see how far it gets ya!!

lol

you've embarrassed yourself there Hoffmans

• Advertisement

-7 Days, Permit still not in the mailbox. Going there tomorrow ready for a battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Ausone

The Constitution

Where does it say that in the Constitution?

On the substantive issue, I applied relatively early, even though I have a residents permit.
    It was only after I rang (5 weeks after initial application) and left a message (they don't answer the phones down there) that I got a response, which was "What permit application?".
    I sent an email to tallshipspermits@waterfordcity.ie , faxed the original application, and left another message. Two days later I got the permit in the post, the next day I got another call from them, I think it was to get more details (?).
    I told them I got the permit, they were confused....!

Right hand, meet Left hand!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Seriously, such nonsense like this helps nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

Problem is that for motorbikes, there are no parking permits - where would you put it? So no green sheet. I rang the Gardai, and was put through to the office dealing with enforcement at the barricades, and was told that to get through the barriers without an access permit, you need to be on foot or a bicycle O.o

I was kinda shocked, and asked for confirmation. The Garda said "they had orders" and that only "if you were on a bike" would you get through. Asked him to confirm again, that on a motorbike, would I get through, and was told, "No."

Not having that. I went down to the office in the Glass, and had a quick chat. They were very good, and as surprised and worried as me, as they have been telling anyone who asked that motorbikes would be allowed through.

They are getting proper information, and I am expecting a phone call when they sort it out. I'll update here when I get the call.

Problem is that for motorbikes, there are no parking permits - where would you put it? So no green sheet. I rang the Gardai, and was put through to the office dealing with enforcement at the barricades, and was told that to get through the barriers without an access permit, you need to be on foot or a bicycle O.o

How about push it past the barrier, then when out of sight ride it away. I wouldn't like to park a motor bike far from where I live.

Bike's a biggun. Not really practical. Also, it doesn't sound ... subtle, if you know what I mean ;)

Bike's a biggun. Not really practical. Also, it doesn't sound ... subtle, if you know what I mean ;)

How about this:

01505t.jpg&size=300

rofls. And the practicality index takes a nosedive ... :)

While the linked aggravation index soars ....

Never got the promised phone call. Called over just now to the office, and of course it's closed.

Gonna start making a few calls on Monday.

Sheesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

I went down about this and this and they told me you had to have a residence permit to apply for the tall ships cordon pass.

My house has its own drive which is rare in town so I never needed the residents permit as my car is not parked on the street. Has anyone else in this situation had problems getting the pass?

Advertisement