Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships Parking Permits

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Jambo wrote: »

AFAIK under the roads act of 1993 notice is supposed to be given of any road closures and said notice is to be published that reads such as

Anyone who doesn't know of the cordon at this stage isn't fit to drive.
    sillysocks wrote: »
    AFAIK the normal buses going in from Dunmore road area are stopping at the park.

Yes, and extra buses are being put on. They go every 10 min at peak, and run up to midnight.

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

dayshah wrote: »
    Jambo wrote: »

AFAIK under the roads act of 1993 notice is supposed to be given of any road closures and said notice is to be published that reads such as

Anyone who doesn't know of the cordon at this stage isn't fit to drive.
    sillysocks wrote: »
    AFAIK the normal buses going in from Dunmore road area are stopping at the park.

Yes, and extra buses are being put on. They go every 10 min at peak, and run up to midnight.

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/

Ah thats not too bad, although a bit of a pain to walk up to town, what I'll probably do is get a lift to the cordon instead of driving in myself, and walk up from there

Have to say though in around town on my lunch earlier and there's a great buzz! Plus a random really low flying blue plane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Asked a garda today about motorbikes and the cordon and was told that motorbikes wont be able to cross the cordon. I was told that if I was going to work early I might get in before the cordon, but that then I may not be able to get out! I didnt realise they'd be checking permits of vehicles leaving the cordon (rules out my genius plan of parking inside the cordon tonight and walking to the bike tomorrow morning :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

you have just described a potential kidnapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hoffmans wrote: »
    you have just described a potential kidnapping

Or a fully functional traffic cordon that I (unfortunately) cant evade by being a cheeky little chappy on a bike... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Hi there just looking for some help here, I am going from Galway tomorrow morning for the Tall Ships and staying in Tracys Hotel on the quays, I have received my permit and will be coming in off the N24 road, where do I go from there to go over the bridge to the hotel.

Thanks

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Hi there just looking for some help here, I am going from Galway tomorrow morning for the Tall Ships and staying in Tracys Hotel on the quays, I have received my permit and will be coming in off the N24 road, where do I go from there to go over the bridge to the hotel.

Thanks

The permit only brings you into the cordon. For the normal bridge it is closed to all but buses and taxis.

You have to go over the toll bridge.

Here is a map which might help.
    http://www.waterfordcity.ie/maps/maps.htm?Layer=emTraffic_Cordon

Be sure to click on road closures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

My boyfriend who did not get the permit got inside the cordon today twice. Firstly his car was full of music gear and he told the guards at the Ballybricken cordon he had a gig in the town center and they let him through no bother (I know its useless information to people who do not have music gear to load their car up with) but one he found after was on the road just off Barrack St, where Sean O'Toole carpets is has a small road on the right where there was no barrier and brought you onto the Lower Yellow Rd which is inside the cordon. He was driving in and out there all day. So if you know where I am on about I would suggest trying it if you are stuck

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    My boyfriend who did not get the permit got inside the cordon today twice. Firstly his car was full of music gear and he told the guards at the Ballybricken cordon he had a gig in the town center and they let him through no bother (I know its useless information to people who do not have music gear to load their car up with) but one he found after was on the road just off Barrack St, where Sean O'Toole carpets is has a small road on the right where there was no barrier and brought you onto the Lower Yellow Rd which is inside the cordon. He was driving in and out there all day. So if you know where I am on about I would suggest trying it if you are stuck

Did you think you'd get away with painting a few cardboard boxes to look like speakers? :D

Advertisement