Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shipping a few boxes from dublin to berlin

Options
  • 21-06-2011 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

I live in Dublin and I'm moving to Berlin soon.
    I'd like to get a few boxes of books and other stuff moved from here to there.

I was hoping that there's someone out there who makes the trip regularly in a van or something along those lines.

Any suggestions?

best,
    Dennis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

I used k International Freight Ltd to ship my boxes to Dubai found them very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

www.djhanleys.ie shipped a friends excess baggage to New Zealand and were very happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

It might be worth trying the Polish (and Lithuanian/Latvian) shops, as many of them deliver parcels back to their home countries quite cheaply when the vans/trucks go back to their home nations to pick up more stock. Generally this will mean them taking the Amsterdam > Hannover > Berlin > Warsaw route. Even if they won't go into Berlin you can maybe ask them to organise a meeting spot close by (ie Potsdam or a motorway service station if you've a friend with wheels in Berlin) where you could meet the van/truck and grab your stuff. As many of them offer delivery to your door (in Poland, not DE!) they may be OK with this.

If you want to get an idea online of who does this try googling 'Usługa transportowa' and 'Irlandii' for companies that do this (with Polish language sites). Admittedly it'll be awkward, but with google translate you understand the pages and hopefully can find companies local to you who do this. Certainly not as simple as going into the shops and asking. If in Cork, try http://www.badacz.eu/ (the shop on Paul Street/Rory Gallagher Place, opposite Tesco's).

Advertisement