Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can UK radiators be used in Ireland?

• 21-06-2011 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a bunch of central heating radiators I bought last week from Wickes in the UK and have been told that these may not be compatible with the Irish fittings. Would anyone know if the UK and Ireland do use different fittings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Try the plumbing forum, incidentally, I bought a rad from UK, plumber fitted it no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Villamore

Cheers mate, I realised I was on the wrong forum but couldn't see how to delete this thread. I read an old article that says I can use the UK one in Ireland as the Irish fittings are 1/2" or 14.7mm whilst the UK ones are 15mm.

A 1/2" pipe will fit into a 15mm fitting, but a 15mm pipe won't fit into a 1/2 fitting. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055358896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Rads should be fine,but you'll need metric compression olives for the pipes instead of the irish imperial ones - providing the fittings on the rads are metric.

Advertisement