Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair pro psu - Do I need conditioner & surge protector also?

Options
  • 21-06-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping somebody can help me out here. I'm buying the Professional Series™ Gold AX1200 and will have it fairly loaded most of the time.

Would it be a good idea to use a power conditioner also or in laymans terms how does this psu power condition and to what extent?

Would appreciate any info - thanks a mill.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Half-decent modern units shouldn't need one really, they have full active power factor correction and MOV+cap input filtering to smooth it out and keep most surges out (although a mains surge protector to halt catastrophic failures of the mains supply is always a good idea).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Solitaire wrote: »
    Half-decent modern units shouldn't need one really, they have full active power factor correction and MOV+cap input filtering to smooth it out and keep most surges out (although a mains surge protector to halt catastrophic failures of the mains supply is always a good idea).

qft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I've looked around for surge protectors as suggested for the mains. The below linked is the one I'll get I think. Just said I'd post the link to it here in case you know of any reason I should look at something else.

Thanks a mill.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-6-Way-Economy-Surge-Protector/dp/B0001GYNJM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1308743768&sr=8-7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

That will do you fine :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

well if you dont want to wait just go to a shop and get one, i also prefer longer cabled ones myself, 5 metres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement