Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Standoff

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

I'll do harm to whoever owns the car that the alarm is blaring out of at 2 am

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

Why, ur not in bed anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

I'll do harm to whoever owns the car that the alarm is blaring out of at 2 am
    i learned a new word today bogey ^^^^ thread need locking
    me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

chelloveks wrote: »
    So I guess the initial reports that he shot someone were incorrect? Hopefully the poor fooker will get some help...lucky he didn't do any harm.

roflbot-x8rp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Donny5 wrote: »
    spookwoman wrote: »

That wiki article is crap. The DE can, at the very most with a skilled marksman, be accurate at 50-75m.
    Wanna be a fairly big Target at that distance for your average Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Could be a ricochet or a flier, doesn't matter a stray bullet could hit anyone. As Catholoc said the effective range is where it can still do damage.

That's not at all what effective range is. Effective range is the distance someone with average training could expect to hit a man-sized target more than half the time. What you're talking about is maximum range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I went up that street this morning, and there's a load of broken glass on the ground, and a metal patio table. Looks like he could have thrown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Yayyyyyyyy. Free table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Beerholder

Must say am fairly disappointed with alot of the comments on here about this, the man obviously had some kind of break down and it must have been awful for his family, not a joking matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

i learned a new word today bogey ^^^^

Oooo keyboard gangster , how hurt I am :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Exactly , I mean its a sad state of affairs when ya end up doing that.

Highly doubt if it was anybody ye know ye would be laughing

Suprised at the Mod's I got banned for a lot less laughing and joking about subjects before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Didn't even make the RTE news. Shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ultimately nothing much happened so its no surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

RxQueen wrote: »
    Exactly , I mean its a sad state of affairs when ya end up doing that.

Highly doubt if it was anybody ye know ye would be laughing

Suprised at the Mod's I got banned for a lot less laughing and joking about subjects before.

Use the report post function at any posts you deem inappropriate and we'll have a look at it. I sincerely doubt any of us banned you for making a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

what comes to my mind is the scary movie part where your man jumps off the school roof I think ? and your woman shouts what are u waiting for....

Was it ever confirmed if the poor chap had a live firearm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Didn't even make the RTE news. Shocking.

Yeah first mention I heard of it since it happened was the paper reviews on Newstalk's breakfast show. Seemingly there was a picture in one of the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

mike65 wrote: »

True.

It made the Irish Times internet. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0622/breaking8.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'll say it, I feel for the people affected by this guy's actions. Bit he himself is completely reprehensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

mike65 wrote: »
    An entertaining evening on boards none the less!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Beerholder

I'll say it, I feel for the people affected by this guy's actions. Bit he himself is completely reprehensible.

+1

The last thing his family/close friends need is busy bodies making smart comments about him on here or on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

learn to spell before ya go judging people ya dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Some Advertising for the new Airsoft shop in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I passed there at 5.40 to get my car... could have been a goner! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hoffmans wrote: »

That's a bit rich really, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Hoffmans wrote: »

Learn some grammar and punctuation before you decide to be pedantic about spelling. Oh, and it's 'you', not 'ya'. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I hope they throw that clown in jail, brandishing a firearm in public not acceptable, gone in the head or not, hes one person, he endangered numerous people yesterday

I hope they throw that clown in jail, brandishing a firearm in public not acceptable, gone in the head or not, hes one person, he endangered numerous people yesterday

And with that I'm afraid I feel that is the end of this rather amusing thread. Boards has a new policy that we can't discuss any court or current legal cases and with this surely ending up that way I'll lock this for the moment and have a chat with the other mods about it.

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement