Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush boat

Options
  • 21-06-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

I have not seen anyone mention it.

but has anyone seen the new boat at the side of the road as you come into rush with all the plants in it.

Looks great!

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Yes it does look well. Someone told me it was donated by the sailing club but I am not a 100% sure. I would like to know if it is true or not. But nice to see all the improvements in the town as well like the new hanging baskets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Martron wrote: »
    I have not seen anyone mention it.

but has anyone seen the new boat at the side of the road as you come into rush with all the plants in it.

Looks great!

That is all.

Thats the Tidy Towns I believe.

Hats off to them they are doing a great job. The hanging baskets really give the place a lift and make the Street look a lot more inviting.

They have a lot of plans for this year and next and the more help they get the better for us all. I hope to get involved soon with them in some way however small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

The boat does look lovely as do the hanging baskets which I only noticed there at the beginning of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kickstart

@ Meolwan

Yes, boat was donated by the Sailing Club to Tidy Towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Heh I can't believe no-one has asked already but eh...... pictures please?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Noone's asked because we've all seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

^^^^^:D

Ask and you shall recieve, well sometimes;).. The tidy towns have done a great job around the town. Tjhe hanging baskets look great and give the place a sense of warmth and welcoming.

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5864206231_c58628f59a.jpg[/EMAIL]">

This gives a better idea of where it is. If you are coming into Rush its at the turn off to Old Rd and Hayestown about half way between Graveyard and Church
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5864753172_e0b6b2f3ef.jpg[/EMAIL]">

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That's really lovely.

Larianne wrote: »
    That's really lovely.

Have to agree, a lovely touch. Will try and get a few of the hanging baskets over weekend. There must be 50 baskets along the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Duzzer

Boats should be at sea not acting as decorations inland! :D

Duzzer wrote: »
    Boats should be at sea not acting as decorations inland! :D

Your right;)

Loughshinny Harbour
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5623023830_59cff07829.jpg[/EMAIL]">

This is there quite a while, should be at sea though...........

Next on the agenda could well be an ornimental plough at some junction in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Duzzer

LeoB wrote: »
    Your right;)

Loughshinny Harbour
    5623023830_59cff07829.jpg">

This is there quite a while, should be at sea though...........

Next on the agenda could well be an ornimental plough at some junction in the town

Looks well, that boat has been the subject of many pictures and paintings. Also if you look closely it is on a harbour on a trailer beside a slipway not providing the decoration at some farmers cross roads! The is called "The Loughshinny" by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Duzzer wrote: »
    Looks well, that boat has been the subject of many pictures and paintings. Also if you look closely it is on a harbour on a trailer beside a slipway not providing the decoration at some farmers cross roads! The is called "The Loughshinny" by the way.

Slightly off topic but what were the names of the boats that fished out of Loughshinny in the 50s/60s? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

The planking gives a nice effect - looks like a little jetty

Advertisement