Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

SeaFields wrote: »
    Well there's no fear that they are peaking too early anyway :rolleyes:

That performance today wont do at all. They are away off the standard required to win All Ireland. Nothing there today showed me that they would beat Kerry Dublin or Mayo if we do meet them. FFS look what happened Galway against Mayo in Connacht and Cork fell over the line today. Horrible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Amprodude wrote: »
    I agree with you. That performance isnt good enough and CC is a disgrace. Like i said we will be existing next round anyway going by what we saw there. Cork have good footballers i think but no one to guide them.
    Any Cork fan,me or you,would do a much better job.
    He fails to read a game or react to its game flow.
    Galway are good,but we should beat them easily.

Dublin will finish Counihan and Cork next week. Kerry in a great position now for All Ireland.

Dublin v Cork
    Were fu**ed.And when dublin beat us,no questions will be asked as Dublin are seen as Favs.
    Wait for it,im seldom wrong,Kissane on Ciaran Kilkenny.

Walsh at Full forward,he will drop O Rourke and put Gould on instead.

And the same midfield again.

Dublin will finish Counihan and Cork next week. Kerry in a great position now for All Ireland.

Their laughing.Mayo will beat Donegal.

Dublin and kerry in a semifinal.

Dublin will finish cork,but Couinhan wont go.Im hope i am wrong mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

Mayo beating Donegal wouldn't be as easy as some are saying

Mayo beating Donegal wouldn't be as easy as some are saying

Mayo have a great record of beating defending All Ireland Champs bar Kerry. If Kerry werent there I believe Mayo would go all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭applehunter

When you see Cork play with the swagger and power in the last 10 minutes it makes me more pissed off having to watch what they produce the rest of the time. Going knowhere with Counihan in charge.

Paddy Kelly showed such cleverness in his play that tells me he should be 1st name on the teamsheet. Is he still recovering from injury?

What the **** is Dr. Con telling Counihan on the line?

Seriously, it's a joke.

Cant see mayo getting past winners of cork dublin anyways . They wil win nothing ,three tough games in a row I think they'll fall short again

When you see Cork play with the swagger and power in the last 10 minutes it makes me more pissed off having to watch what they produce the rest of the time. Going knowhere with Counihan in charge.

Paddy Kelly showed more the cleverness in his play that tells me he should be 1st name on the teamsheet. Is he still recovering from injury?

What the **** it Dr. Con telling Counihan on the line?

Seriously, it's a joke.

If an astronomical result happened and we somehow beat Dublin, we would be playing Kerry in semis (who will beat Cavan btw) we would be facing Kerry AGAIN in Croke Park and wewill be beaten anyway so 2013 championship is out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

Just watch, Cork will come out like mad men next week and destroy Dublin, just to be beaten by Kerry in the semi final.

Well I was kinda right :pac:

Cork looked like a team who were sure they were going to win and got complacent. We have no right to think that and should be just buckling down and playing from the start. When we get desperate we get more direct it seems!

I did think a goal would kill Galway off and when it finally came we got on top.

This won't work against better teams and we will get beaten if its like this again. Counihan doesnt seem to know what to do when things are going wrong and other than the Masterplan of emptying the bench that anyone would do, it looked very poor.

Wrong,when you say we played like a team expecting to win.

When a team,plays that expect to win like KK or dublin ,they play with clinical execution,and a fluency and rythmn to their play.

We played like a team,that now under CC,are so afraid to play football and expect to be beaten,a team thats is clearly disfunctional due to a totally wrong team thats lacks balance starting for us.
    It is depressing.

If Meath had us today they would have beaten us.

We are like a jigsaw with the wrong pieces in the wrong place ,making it look a horrible disjointed piece,that could be a state of art,if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Wrong,when you say we played like a team expecting to win.

When a team,plays that expect to win like KK or dublin ,they play with clinical execution,and a fluency and rythmn to their play.

We played like a team,that now under CC,are so afraid to play football and expect to be beaten,a team thats is clearly disfunctional due to a totally wrong team thats lacks balance starting for us.
    It is depressing.

If Meath had us today they would have beaten us.

We are like a jigsaw with the wrong pieces in the wrong place ,making it look a horrible disjointed piece,that could be a state of art,if done right.
    As a matter of interest who would you have as the starting 15?

m0ynihan wrote: »
    , just to be beaten by Kerry in the semi final.

I would rate Cavans chances of beating Kerry higher than Corks right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Sam Crow

I'd love a Cork win, as it'd be a great thing for the game, but I can't see it happening.

Cork have very chance the dubs are nothing special. Cork are by far the best team they'll have played in 2013 champ so far

Prowetod wrote: »
    As a matter of interest who would you have as the starting 15?
    Halloran- not much between him and quirke ..Quirke I'm a big fan but not the future

Jamie Sullivan
    Shields
    Cadogan

In relation to the full back line i would not have let Cotter go.

But this is the best we half.

Cahalane,Loughrey,Clancy.

Walsh and Canty or Gould.
    Has to be a blanket style,as Canty can not play if we go man to man,as he like armstrong proved greatly lacks pace.

Sheehan,kelly and collins.

Sheehan can be used as a third midfielder and draws defenders out as he can not be unmarked.As Dongeal proved last year,you do not have to be aerial dominant ,all the time, but to win the breaking ball is a must.They had four men surrounding Corks,midfield last year,and gobbled up the breaking ball.Simple but effective.

Hurley,Goulding are inside.

Kerrigan,O Connor ,or Rourke ,either one can do a job.DOC is the more direct route,but Kerrigan and O Rourke are all able to play a MCBreatry role.

To beat the blanket you got to play like one.At least that team,has pace,and the ability and mindset to move the ball at pace.
    The team CC picks can not play any other way but the way they know.It is unfair to ask them play the 2010 way and expect them to stay with modern teams.

It is not their fault,when their picked time and again.But it is the manager's fault for picking them.They were great servants,but only one or two,are suitable for the game now.

Cork have very chance the dubs are nothing special. Cork are by far the best team they'll have played in 2013 champ so far
    Im not sure,we are.Meath do not have the players,we had but at least played to a system that suits their system,and moved the ball at pace,and used the width of the ptich to expose Dublin.

We have more firepower than Meath,but we play,two slow,lateral and predictable.

We will likely,finish the last ten minutes,with our best team,but the game will be over then.

Next Sat 7pm v Dublin

Tyrone V Monaghan at 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

I cant see much wrong this this statement

• Advertisement

PP have Dublin at 4/9 and Cork at 21/10.
    It seems right, even a tad generous to Cork,with the handicap at only 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Why is there such a hatred for CC? What should he do that he isn't (apart from fu.cking off)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think you could end up regretting saying that.At the moment I'd have Dublin as at least 6 points better than Cork and if the Dubs hit form they could really destroy Cork.Cork have no real game plan and they went a huge amount of time not scoring from play today against a Galway team who aren't great defensively.

Is there one player in the Cork team who is playing consistently well at the moment.

If Cork had a top class manager they would be a great team but they are unconvincing at the moment.

Neeson wrote: »
    Why is there such a hatred for CC? What should he do that he isn't (apart from fu.cking off)?

He is a very poor manager. He is slow to make changes and decisions. He is always tactially slow and three steps behind his opposition especially when things are not going to plan. Can't pick a team that will win a match especially with the players he has. He has a good choice of players and yet never delivers.

2009 was my highlight, Cork were by far the best team in the country and we came up short against Kerry who weren't as good as they were from 2004-2007. Since then he has always come out second best to Kerry and his record is just shameful. We won AI in 2010 by the skin of our teeth against an average enough Down side that weren't heard of since.

I often wondered if this Cork team had a manager like Jack O Connor,Brian Cody, Jim McGuinness, Mickey Harte, or even Sean Boylan, would we play better as a unit? I think we would have a better system and style of playing and we would be hard to beat no doubt. This Cork setup is going nowhere under CC and we won't ever ever win an All Ireland again with him in charge.

On average Cork win an All Ireland in Senior football every 17-20 years and it has been longer than that before 1973. We have some good footballers at the moment, sadly we won't ever achieve what may be possible with them(,i.e. 2-3 All Irelands). Worse players and teams have won more Celtic crosses than current Cork panel of players.

Ah in fairness ,,.does that need to be answered.

I dont think hatred is the right word.Thats personal view ,that and i speak for myself dont have hatred for the man.

Not one bit.I have posted many times,he is a nice man,dedicated ,and loves Cork football.

But thats now how we judge him.Fans have every right to criticise him as a manager,and its not harsh,when the mistakes have been repeated since 2010.

Their is a lot of nice men,dedicated to sport all their lives,who lives and breed Cork Gaa ,whether it is club men,players,volunteers,die hard fans who go to every game,and all sheer a passion for Cork Football,but are never management material.

Its the same with Counihan.Yes and he deserves immense credit for 2010,but he is taking Cork backwards now.

Better managers have been let go,like Morgan,and in other Counties knew when to go themselves.

Take Jack O Connor,Pat Gilroy,they knew when to go.

Nobody can doubt he dedication.The man leaves work in chareville,and straight in to training.I do not fault but admire that.

But their are equally top class managers in Cork,who would gave the same commitment as CC,that deserve their chance to take Cork to the next level.

He had three years.The players must be remebered too and deserve the best man in charge,to get the best out of them.

But as a manager,based on the results and performances,its fair to say tactially Cork are clueless.

Nothing personal,purely a judgement on him as Cork football manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

He did win Munster and the league last year though.

He is a very poor manager. He is slow to make changes and decisions. He is always tactially slow and three steps behind his opposition especially when things are not going to plan. Can't pick a team that will win a match especially with the players he has. He has a good choice of players and yet never delivers.

2009 was my highlight, Cork were by far the best team in the country and we came up short against Kerry who weren't as good as they were from 2004-2007. Since then he has always come out second best to Kerry and his record is just shameful. We won AI in 2010 by the skin of our teeth against an average enough Down side that weren't heard of since.

I often wondered if this Cork team had a manager like Jack O Connor,Brian Cody, Jim McGuinness, Mickey Harte, or even Sean Boylan, would we play better as a unit? I think we would have a better system and style of playing and we would be hard to beat no doubt. This Cork setup is going nowhere under CC and we won't ever ever win an All Ireland again with him in charge.

On average Cork win an All Ireland in Senior football every 17-20 years and it has been longer than that before 1973. We have some good footballers at the moment, sadly we won't ever achieve what may be possible with them(,i.e. 2-3 All Irelands). Worse players and teams have won more Celtic crosses than current Cork panel of players.
    totally agree.Limerick should and Dublin for indiscipline and panicked could have beaten us.

The Dublin team under Gavin next week may stutter,but wont self destruct like 3 years ago.

Ah stop the lights,with all due respect,this must be a wind up.Munster title at home.

Leauge means nothing.

I'd gladly give back our 4 league titles and 3 Munster titles for 2-3 more All Ireland's with the panel of players we had from 2008-2013 under his reign.

• Advertisement

I'd gladly give back our 4 league titles and 3 Munster titles for 2-3 more All Ireland's with the panel of players we had from 2008-2013 under his reign.

I met a Cork player in November,and when i mentioned the league,as the fixtures were announced for it,he said what u said.League titles were taken,but never the priority.Winning for them is all irelands..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement