Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Heard that Paddy Kelly will probably be retiring from football becuase of his hip problems, if he does he will be a huge loss! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Heard that Paddy Kelly will probably be retiring from football becuase of his hip problems, if he does he will be a huge loss! :(

That would be a real real shame. A fantastic footballer when he was in full form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Cork junior footballers play kildare next sat week at 6 in the Gaelic grounds.

Cork beat them in extra time in 2011,and there is a few of that team involved again.
    To win a third title in four years be some achievement,going for 17th in total.

Ill go myself.Cork fans shoudnt be put off by the fact its junior,in fact most of our senior players are from junior clubs in cork.If its even half as good as the 2011 thriller,it be well worth seeing.

Counihan,Davis,Danny Cullothy,the late Mick Mccarthy ((Rip) all won all irelands at this grade.

The greatest half back never to win an all ireiand that i grew up watching,Ciaran o Sullivan at least won a junior with cork.

Tom kenny and the Rock won a medal with the footballers in 01,and on those games,was the season the rock played senior for cork.

Alan o connor,donnacha o connor,,alan quirke,ray carey,and paudi kissane and Goudling and Noel o leary out of the 2010 senior team won all irelands at that grade.

Paul o flynn,and john hayes were on the panel with cork,and won junior titles.

Colm o neill and ciaran sheehan are both from junior clubs and would have played junior,but for the fact they were so good at a young age,went straight to senior from u21.

Daniel goulding and DoC practially beat meath on their own in 05.

David Gould who will be on the senior panel next year played junior.Ken O Halloran won a junior title as well.

There is good young talent on this team,that could very well feature at senior down the line,and it would be great if they got a big crowd.

At the start of the championship it was a fairly old team,but now they have freshened it up for the better.

Goalkeeper in David Hanarahan,Rory O Sullivan,Rory Deane,Sean Kiely ,and Cathal Vaughan with the Driscoll brothers are worth watching ,as could make it at senior.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mick Dolan's comment is from left field - I nearly got sick looking at the picture, and I've normally a very good stomach! You really don't want to see it! But for Dolan to come out and say it, its weird tbh!

Mick Dolan's comment is from left field - I nearly got sick looking at the picture, and I've normally a very good stomach! You really don't want to see it! But for Dolan to come out and say it, its weird tbh!

I was actually going to post here,just to show how much of a shambles the whole thing is,but i did not ,as i was afraid you'd either ban me,or you'd leave this thread for good.,i knew after your post the other day,it wouldnt go down well.

It reminded of Mick Mac wanting to shake keanes hand in 2002,after he carried us to a world cup in 2002,and Mick wanted to pretend everything was fairytale.,and the famous handshake,because their was a camera man present.

Far from it.Where was he when cork got relegated or the shambles of the u21 game.
    Jbm is too much of a gentleman to tell him where to go.

To piggy back on JBM success is woeful.You woudnt c it anywhere bar Cork GAA !!You coudnt script it.!!

• Advertisement

Best of luck to the camoige team today,in knowlan park at 2 against KK,,hopefully we will have a third all ireland final to go to,and it be a Cork Wexford final again.

And hopefully all our hurlers,will come through this final round of games before the 8th,injury free.

Seamus Harnedy has to play for St itas tonight against midelton in a junior game,and then tommorrow for UCC against sarsfields.Two games in two days.

The last thing we need is him to get injured.He has a huge role to play in the final.
    Willan Egan came through hes junior game the other night for Kilbrin.Just now for UCC tommorrow,he needs to come through.

Kilkenny beat Cork by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

1 point win for kanturk over charleville, basically Kanturk were awarded the match because they have a few county players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

1 point win for kanturk over charleville, basically Kanturk were awarded the match because they have a few county players.
    Go away with that sh1te.We deserved the win.Charleville nearly snuck it with the umpire not having a clue where the ball went when everyone saw it was wide.Nash made three outstanding saves.Lorcain score at the end was pure class.Bring on Meelin

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Go away with that sh1te.We deserved the win.Charleville nearly snuck it with the umpire not having a clue where the ball went when everyone saw it was wide.Nash made three outstanding saves.Lorcain score at the end was pure class.Bring on Meelin
    Was there too.Went to see Nash and Lorchan.

Slippery eveining didnt help but i thought it was a poor game.

Fully deserved yere win ,and walsh who was a mixed bag at times,scored a lovely sideline.If he was playing more hurling hed be better.

Nash unreal,a superb keeper.Anyone that thinks there is a better keeper in ireland at present ,is in a different world.And hes frees were v good.

Nash,mcloughlin all contributed from play,and their class as Cork players,not frees given got them the win.

Meelin be tough but only Eamon brosnan stands out.Kanturk should win.

At least Nash and lorcan got through the game unscathed.

Newtown beaten tonight,barrs in a relegation dogfight,but no injuries so far for cork players.

8 lads involved tommorrow with ucc and sars key,with egan,harnedy and kearney and o sullivan huge players for cork involved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,750 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Barrs into relegation final, they lost 4-19 v 1-20 against Ballymartyle AET 2-12 v 1-15 ft

Douglas beat Newtown 3-19 v 1-15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Fully deserved yere win ,and walsh who was a mixed bag at times,scored a lovely sideline.If he was playing more hurling hed be better.

Nash unreal,a superb keeper.Anyone that thinks there is a better keeper in ireland at present ,is in a different world.And hes frees were v good.

Nash,mcloughlin all contributed from play,and their class as Cork players,not frees given got them the win.

Newtown beaten tonight,barrs in a relegation dogfight,but no injuries so far for cork players.

8 lads involved tommorrow with ucc and sars key,with egan,harnedy and kearney and o sullivan huge players for cork involved.
    Aidan was poor lovely sideline but other than that didn't do much.His cousin Ian should have scored a goal late on.One of our poorest displays but still deserved to win.Nash is simply amazing

Aidan was poor lovely sideline but other than that didn't do much.His cousin Ian should have scored a goal late on.One of our poorest displays but still deserved to win.Nash is simply amazing

I agree ,but i always feel,walsh hurled more he be fine.He was like a man,that body was their,but the head was miles away.

A sideline cut really shows you got the techinque,and by **** hes got it.As good as cathal casey,ben o connor ,john fenton in hes day .

Some night for dullahow.I know there was tension between ye and rockchapel in 2010, but id say you coudnt begrude them their superb win over Eire og with goulding,hallisey and sheehan.

When i heard it,coudnt believe it.I was sure i misheard it.Some win for Rockchapel.

I hope CIT, win tommorrow as for Sheehan as it be just awful for a player of hes talent to be out of every competition and sitting on hes backside,instead of gracing a football field.

Na piarasigh won tonight also.

I made no comment on the players

Seriously you think the shoulder by the charleville FF that put the kanturk player over the line was a free, I really only thought one man in the stadium would have given it and that was ref.

The free count was overwhelmingly in kanturks favour. no problem saying the winning point was class

Nash is 8 to 1 for HOTY.

if cork win the all ireland,he will be in contention with horgan,and is better odds than hogsy.

I made no comment on the players

Seriously you think the shoulder by the charleville FF that put the kanturk player over the line was a free, I really only thought one man in the stadium would have given it and that was ref.

The free count was overwhelmingly in kanturks favour. no problem saying the winning point was class

I didnt take you on bout lorchan point paddy,that was the other poster.

You said,and your entiled to your opinion that kanturk got all the frees as they were cork players.

You are right ,that kanturk got soft frees.I dont think it was just they were cork players,just a poor ref.

This was a local derby,and it will always be tough hits.Im the view,the refs in cork are two soft.We need to harden our lads up.He was whistle happy.

But i do think ,that with lorchan,andnash saves kanturk deserved the win and had a bit more game breakers when it mattered.

I didnt take you on bout lorchan point paddy,that was the other poster.

You said,and your entiled to your opinion that kanturk got all the frees as they were cork players.

You are right ,that kanturk got soft frees.I dont think it was just they were cork players,just a poor ref.

This was a local derby,and it will always be tough hits.Im the view,the refs in cork are two soft.We need to harden our lads up.He was whistle happy.

But i do think ,that with lorchan,andnash saves kanturk deserved the win and had a bit more game breakers when it mattered.

You say bad, I'll say biased ref, the incident I mentioned previous was indicative, only a biased ref could have given that as a free imo.

You say bad, I'll say biased ref, the incident I mentioned previous was indicative, only a biased ref could have given that as a free imo.

It was a bad call but i have seen worse that i would say that are bias in many a game.

A poor call,but Nash saves were the turning points.The guy is magical.

Just saw the kilkenny goal,that won the camoige match,some overhead strike,you would be lucky if you saw such a great strike in a mans game.

For such a small player,sum goal.

There is some tall men you'd see playing hurling,that would have no where near her techinque or cut,and I wont name and shame them, but they wouldnt pull the socks of a dead man.

Fair play to the KK Girl, it be a worthy contender for goal of the year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Nash is 8 to 1 for HOTY.

if cork win the all ireland,he will be in contention with horgan,and is better odds than hogsy.

He's a class act alright and a real game changer, hard to believe he was second/third fiddle for a long time! Has a goalie ever won HOTY before?

• Advertisement

He's a class act alright and a real game changer, hard to believe he was second/third fiddle for a long time! Has a goalie ever won HOTY before?
    Cusack was top notch in fairness.

Noel skehan,and Ollie walsh and Ger cunnigham in 86 won the texaco version.

He will it run it close,if cork win,and a save or two,a few fress,more than capable of,could do it.

Cork have produced great goalies down the line,and the future is bright.Patrick collins sum talent ,with mccarthy also.

Ger cunnigham is a great coach to work with nash too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,750 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Clare it is then, they looked good today, hope that's their best performance out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Clare it is then, they looked good today, hope that's their best performance out of the way!

We will need a good ref for the final to stop Clare getting away with their constant fouling .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Davy playing the big time underdog for the final

Midleton 1-24 v 1-13 Bride Rovers and Glen 3-15 v 0-18 Erins Own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Everything went right for Clare today, have a feeling Cork will beat them. Should be easier for Cork folk to get tickets for the final.

Cork slight favs with the bookies @ 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Harnedy got three goals for UCC today against Sars. Finished at 5-9 to 1-21. When will the replay be?

HT Sars 0-14 v 1-04 UCC....Sars well in control and Cussen was cleaning up.

FT Sars 1-21 v 5-09

2 frees in injury time garner a draw for Sars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Horse84

What did Harnedy score in total today? Who was marking him?

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    HT Sars 0-14 v 1-04 UCC....Sars well in control and Cussen was cleaning up.

FT Sars 1-21 v 5-09

2 frees in injury time garner a draw for Sars
    Delightd for ucc,and all corks players meant to came through fine.

Glen won,and brian murphy played a full game.Great news as we need him for tony kelly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement