Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Its a huge wknd at intercounty but big games tngt in the club championship.

Clyda and Nemo tngt in the intermediate semifinal in the superb ptich at cloughduv.Would love to make this,bt cant due to the fact saturday and sunday taken up ,senior games for cork.

I would love to c clyda win it ,outright ,the mayo of club football in cork,heartbreak defeats in 3 finals the last few years.Not just im a North cork man,but i have great time for what clyda achieved and their support cork hurling in 2009.

Sum really die hard players have given their all the last few years.

I think its their time,tngt they will win,and set up cracker with macroom.

Best luck to them.

Would be going for Clyda there, but that Nemo team are strong.

Played Clyda last weekend and they were poor, they were missing players but so were we, and crucially, their fitness should have told against us and didn't.

When we played both teams they seemed to filter men back and then look to break out of defence - Nemo do this better than Clyda imo, additionally, I don't know how many forwards Clyda were missing but they literally seemed to only have two scoring forwards, with alot of the scores coming from frees, many times, forwards in shooting positions laid off the ball when a shot was on - normally the reverse happening is the problem, with forwards shooting on sight and missing.

Perhaps Clyda are ensuring that every time they attack they get their score, but their attack didn't look fluid or natural, as opposed to Nemo who counter with pace and were clinical.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Nemo nick it but, given the hurt Clyda have gone through, I'd like to see them get another crack at the final where I'd have every confidence on them taking Macroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I've been following the coverage of the All-Ireland final replay closely all week. One interesting feature of the analysis that has emerged is that Cork are being too reactionary in their preparation. Even JBM has admitted as much in interviews. I think JBM is smart. He can't deny Clare were the better team. He's remained incredibly composed and dignified and doesn't give away very much in interviews. He's smart and is not going to give any ammunition to Davy or the Clare team. So, I'm sure that if he feels it's better to let everyone think that Cork are simply being reactionary it will certainly suit him and his team down to the ground to be underestimated. But what if Cork are being too reactionary........???

In the drawn game JBM and Cork were ready for a sweeper system that never materialized. Now it seems with the introduction of Cian O'Neill into the half forwards that Cork are addressing their short comings in that area against Clare. No doubt, puck out strategy will have been revised and short puck outs might feature on Saturday. I hope JBM gets it spot on, and I'm sure he won't just be focusing on Cork's weaknesses. I'm sure he'll have a trick or two up his sleeve. I just hope that Cork aren't playing catch up again on Saturday because I don't think Clare will give up goal chances easily the next day to bring Cork back into the game. They will surely foul further out the field and concede points rather than goals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ticket got.....car of lads organised....room for Liam aswell of course !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Ticket got.....car of lads organised....room for Liam aswell of course !!!!

Lets bring him home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

D'Agger wrote: »
    Would be going for Clyda there, but that Nemo team are strong.

Played Clyda last weekend and they were poor, they were missing players but so were we, and crucially, their fitness should have told against us and didn't.

When we played both teams they seemed to filter men back and then look to break out of defence - Nemo do this better than Clyda imo, additionally, I don't know how many forwards Clyda were missing but they literally seemed to only have two scoring forwards, with alot of the scores coming from frees, many times, forwards in shooting positions laid off the ball when a shot was on - normally the reverse happening is the problem, with forwards shooting on sight and missing.

Perhaps Clyda are ensuring that every time they attack they get their score, but their attack didn't look fluid or natural, as opposed to Nemo who counter with pace and were clinical.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Nemo nick it but, given the hurt Clyda have gone through, I'd like to see them get another crack at the final where I'd have every confidence on them taking Macroom.

Clyda up three 6 to 3 at h time.

Very accurate ,anaylis cant argue with that.

The mullanes in clyda sum stalwarts.Niall has reinvented himself,as a half back,always a forward starting out.Must be around 33 now.Great club player.

What u make county senior?nemo or the haven.

Newtownshadrum u21 semifinal v kilworth tuesday at 7.30 in kildorrey should be a gd game.

• Advertisement

Clyda won..you beauty.Delighted they won,such small club.

The hardest part was getting to the final,i cnt c macroom beating them.Sean kiely,and the two goulds,particulary David be a huge threat.O mahony full back is intercounty,name only and has been exposed in club games.

Im no fan kissane,at ic,but club is fine.He has expierence,leadership,and hes kicking medicocity,or lack of invention wnt be exposed.

Macroom play a slow game,clyda the same,kissane idea that level.Could be man of the match.But no way should he be on the panel next year.

Evertything on face value.

Ray carey,and o sullivan have played in all ireland finals in 2010 for cork,so they even macroom out.

But the likes of the mullanes etc should swing it.

Good news,youghal and castelyons in the hurling final,better for cork,as it gives the likes of cooper,leigh desmond and colm spillane a big day out and a chance to impress for next year.

Cooper may struggle to force in to the cork panel,but spillane and desmond must be watched.

Desmond has overcome a family tragedy,has a great inner steel,,has great hurling,and a good aggression to hes play,and was meant to be unreal again tngt.A fantastic underage hurler.

He is about 24, and would bn on the 2010 panel but for the stupidity of denis walsh in not moving a club game.

Spillane would been in croker bar injury,and i rate him better than white and ellis.

Hopefully ucc beat sars and give him more exposure.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I've been following the coverage of the All-Ireland final replay closely all week. One interesting feature of the analysis that has emerged is that Cork are being too reactionary in their preparation. Even JBM has admitted as much in interviews. I think JBM is smart. He can't deny Clare were the better team. He's remained incredibly composed and dignified and doesn't give away very much in interviews. He's smart and is not going to give any ammunition to Davy or the Clare team. So, I'm sure that if he feels it's better to let everyone think that Cork are simply being reactionary it will certainly suit him and his team down to the ground to be underestimated. But what if Cork are being too reactionary........???

In the drawn game JBM and Cork were ready for a sweeper system that never materialized. Now it seems with the introduction of Cian O'Neill into the half forwards that Cork are addressing their short comings in that area against Clare. No doubt, puck out strategy will have been revised and short puck outs might feature on Saturday. I hope JBM gets it spot on, and I'm sure he won't just be focusing on Cork's weaknesses. I'm sure he'll have a trick or two up his sleeve. I just hope that Cork aren't playing catch up again on Saturday because I don't think Clare will give up goal chances easily the next day to bring Cork back into the game. They will surely foul further out the field and concede points rather than goals.

I agree,we cant become obessed with clare,but must be aware of their system at the same time.

Cork are more focused this time.People say clare didnt alloy us play,and their right,but we allowed ourselves to be bullied.

Cork nd to become the bully tommorrow.
    Listened to mat cooper tngt.Brian lohan,Donal o grady all very good,but Declan carr has not got a clue.

As bad as her brother ,in the football,tommy as a pundit.He spouted sum rubbish.He even said pat horgan got a goal.What a d**e.

He was a gd player,the last man to lift the old liam mac cup i think, but hes a useless man to talk bt the game.He said we should have had a few changes for tommorrow.What did he want ,Naughton,cussen,kenny to start.

He has not a got clue about Cork hurling.

O grady was correct,cork need to be more physical,set the tone.He said Nash wasnt at all to blame the last day ,with the puckouts,he had no choice to go long.

He said he was behind the goal,and as a goalie,he had same view nash.And a goalies view is so limited to pick out players,you must have Movement.

I wasnt behind the goal,bt my viewpoint cd clearly see we were static and coudnt move,and when we did,clare blocked,and pulled and dragged our forwards time and again.

We wnt be naive tommorrow.Expect timber tommorrow.Of course i am not saying dirty play just Manly play is the word i want.

Cork must Man up and live by the edge.A wounded animal is dangerous.

O grady said he done stats on corks puckout ball,and they won 50 per cent,where a team wins 35 and it wasnt as bad bt could improve.

He made special mention of Harnedy,who he said was great the last day.

Clare have him a marked man,but thats good as if they pay him a lot of attention then ,be space for cronin and horgan and lehane etc.

Harnedy may nt have to do much with the ball to be effective,what he does when cork dnt have the ball is crucial.

Clare are between a rock and hard place,as they dnt knw which system to play ,as they threw the ktichen sink at cork and still cdnt win.

Lohan made a great point.Clare beat cork the last day bar the scoreboard, its a big ask to replicate that,as they would have to beat cork twice to win this all ireland.

I agree,we cant become obessed with clare,but must be aware of their system at the same time.

Cork are more focused this time.People say clare didnt alloy us play,and their right,but we allowed ourselves to be bullied.

Cork nd to become the bully tommorrow.
    Listened to mat cooper tngt.Brian lohan,Donal o grady all very good,but Declan carr has not got a clue.

As bad as her brother ,in the football,tommy as a pundit.He spouted sum rubbish.He even said pat horgan got a goal.What a d**e.

He was a gd player,the last man to lift the old liam mac cup i think, but hes a useless man to talk bt the game.He said we should have had a few changes for tommorrow.What did he want ,Naughton,cussen,kenny to start.

He has not a got clue about Cork hurling.

O grady was correct,cork need to be more physical,set the tone.He said Nash wasnt at all to blame the last day ,with the puckouts,he had no choice to go long.

He said he was behind the goal,and as a goalie,he had same view nash.And a goalies view is so limited to pick out players,you must have Movement.

I wasnt behind the goal,bt my viewpoint cd clearly see we were static and coudnt move,and when we did,clare blocked,and pulled and dragged our forwards time and again.

We wnt be naive tommorrow.Expect timber tommorrow.Of course i am not saying dirty play just Manly play is the word i want.

Cork must Man up and live by the edge.A wounded animal is dangerous.

O grady said he done stats on corks puckout ball,and they won 50 per cent,where a team wins 35 and it wasnt as bad bt could improve.

He made special mention of Harnedy,who he said was great the last day.

Clare have him a marked man,but thats good as if they pay him a lot of attention then ,be space for cronin and horgan and lehane etc.

Harnedy may nt have to do much with the ball to be effective,what he does when cork dnt have the ball is crucial.

Clare are between a rock and hard place,as they dnt knw which system to play ,as they threw the ktichen sink at cork and still cdnt win.

Lohan made a great point.Clare beat cork the last day bar the scoreboard, its a big ask to replicate that,as they would have to beat cork twice to win this all ireland.
    My own personal opinion is that Cork will be going into tomorrow's game with a slight advantage for a number of reasons.

With the exception of Nash and Shane O'Neill, no other Cork player got the better of his man. Seamus Harnedy just about drew level with his man. That will not happen tomorrow. Cork players will know they have to up their own individual performances.

Harnedy has mentioned that the Clare players were more robust in the tackle. Cork will have to introduce more physicality to their game and show these Clare players than they're not going to draw back from 50/50 balls or even 60/40 balls etc.

Ball winning will have to improve. Pa Cronin and Pa Horgan have to get on to ball more. That's as much their responsibilty as it is the responsibility of players in support.

Also, because Cork beat Cork in the Munster semi final, Kilkenny in the quater finals and Dublin in the semi finals there may have been a slight arrogance about the Cork players. If that was the case, then every Cork player will have got their warning and they'll know that Clare cannot be taken for granted a second time.

Also, while much of Cork's attention has been reactionary, I think tomorrow that if Cork can get a 2-3 point lead it will test Clare's resolve. Let's be fair, Clare were in complete control of the drawn game until extra time when they found themselves down a point. They were under no pressure at any stage and as a result haven't been tested in adversity. If Cork get a lead, Clare will be forced to chase the game, and be the team that has to react. After all Clare have been calling the tune so far and Cork have been dancing to that tune.

Maybe its nerves...but jesus im very sensitive to poor and lazy journalism.

Firsty the Examiner is a disgrace for their appalling small piece on the ladies final.They have a supplement n the senior final,ffs surely in other sports section cd gave it more coverage.The echo in comparison bn truly wonderful.

I decided to buy the independent today.Good supplement n the match.But Martin Breheney,clueless in when it comes to cork.

He decided to pick hes top 25 cork hurlers,1988 to 2013.
    He left Nash out.

Ffs is he for real.A man that has two al stars in two years,a very real contender hurler of the year ,one five this year ,isnt in the list.He has shane o neill,horgan ,and brian murphy,from the current group,and correctly so.

He has Denis walsh their,a man that hasnt wn an al star,at best a solid defender.I wouldnt have walsh in the top 40 cork hurlers.

He has Ger cunnigham their,hes best years were up to 1988.He didnt have a great last ten bar 90,but that save in the final,was more the ball hit him than a save.

He has seanie mcgrath their.Timmy mac didnt make it.Okay timmy mac didnt get an all star,but when he was up against the likes of shefflin,it is no shame.

But as a hurler,id have timmy before seanie.Seanie had a great final 99 but timmy mac was inspirational to cork in 99,2003,2004,2005,2006 etc.

He done so much unseen work.Seanie was a goo player but had the "disease of me"

Selfish at times,timmy the utmost team player,nt what the team can do for me,but what i can do for the team.

John Browne would be better than walsh.A full back or corner back,he gave a splendid display for cork as a sub in 2004 early in the game as a sub for murphy.

A superb player in 99 also ,he helped sully settle in to team when he was full,and sully corner.

Rest of the list is fine.

One other point,he has ronan curran their but said he was solid.

Solid...a joke..a guy with 3 all stars is magnifcent nt solid.

He also said timmy kelleher was at fault for the sideline,that baker goaled in 95 against clare.

I must check,im sure it was pat kenneally with a one handed pull on a ball.

My own personal opinion is that Cork will be going into tomorrow's game with a slight advantage for a number of reasons.

With the exception of Nash and Shane O'Neill, no other Cork player got the better of his man. Seamus Harnedy just about drew level with his man. That will not happen tomorrow. Cork players will know they have to up their own individual performances.

Harnedy has mentioned that the Clare players were more robust in the tackle. Cork will have to introduce more physicality to their game and show these Clare players than they're not going to draw back from 50/50 balls or even 60/40 balls etc.

Ball winning will have to improve. Pa Cronin and Pa Horgan have to get on to ball more. That's as much their responsibilty as it is the responsibility of players in support.

Also, because Cork beat Cork in the Munster semi final, Kilkenny in the quater finals and Dublin in the semi finals there may have been a slight arrogance about the Cork players. If that was the case, then every Cork player will have got their warning and they'll know that Clare cannot be taken for granted a second time.

Also, while much of Cork's attention has been reactionary, I think tomorrow that if Cork can get a 2-3 point lead it will test Clare's resolve. Let's be fair, Clare were in complete control of the drawn game until extra time when they found themselves down a point. They were under no pressure at any stage and as a result haven't been tested in adversity. If Cork get a lead, Clare will be forced to chase the game, and be the team that has to react. After all Clare have been calling the tune so far and Cork have been dancing to that tune.

Id agree but i think it was more fear clare than arrorgance.It like we beat them in june,we felt we cdnt beat them twice, like what happened them in the play of and june.

We never got up to any intensity.We were nervous too ,the warm up cork were a broken team.There was no swagger of old.

I dnt blame jbm or the players.Thats what failure n the big days at underage does to you,you question your self in finals.

Fact we were so awful and drew,will bring them on heap and bounds tommorrow.

• Advertisement

Id agree but i think it was more fear clare than arrorgance.It like we beat them in june,we felt we cdnt beat them twice, like what happened them in the play of and june.

We never got up to any intensity.We were nervous too ,the warm up cork were a broken team.There was no swagger of old.

I dnt blame jbm or the players.Thats what failure n the big days at underage does to you,you question your self in finals.

I completely agree. Cork played so bad the last day, it's hard to see Cork being so bad again. And that performance was still good enough to get a draw. Cork will improve alot and I think will win this time. I think Clare are also that bit over rated after the drawn match.

I think your point is also very valid in terms of underage success being a springboard for senior success. Clare have confidence from their underage success. The vast majority of these Cork players have only been in one All-Ireland final. And that was 3 weeks ago. That will stand to these players and will benefit the Cork team tomorrow

A written off Cork hurling team in Croke Park is a very dangerous thing indeed. I didnt see anything in Clare bar the drawn final where they played with massive intensity. Cant see them been as good again. I reckon we will beat Clare by 4 points tomorrow.

Amprodude wrote: »
    A written off Cork hurling team in Croke Park is a very dangerous thing indeed. I didnt see anything in Clare bar the drawn final where they played with massive intensity. Cant see them been as good again. I reckon we will beat Clare by 4 points tomorrow.
    Cork are the team that can improve more. I think Clare were playing at their best and Cork were almost playing at their worst. Before the drawn final I thought Cork has beaten the better teams in Kilkenny and Dublin. I also felt that if Kilkenny or Dublin met Clare, either of those two teams would have beaten Clare. Clare have really only beaten a poor Waterford team, a complete shambles of a Galway team and a Limerick team that maybe spent too much time celebrating! I think Cork can win tomorrow's game by a margin of 4-6 points and then that might be a more truer line of form. Having said all that I'm not making that prediction with any great degree of confidence. I could easily be wrong and Clare could finish on top.

I completely agree. Cork played so bad the last day, it's hard to see Cork being so bad again. And that performance was still good enough to get a draw. Cork will improve alot and I think will win this time. I think Clare are also that bit over rated after the drawn match.

I think your point is also very valid in terms of underage success being a springboard for senior success. Clare have confidence from their underage success. The vast majority of these Cork players have only been in one All-Ireland final. And that was 3 weeks ago. That will stand to these players and will benefit the Cork team tomorrow

Totally agree.Cork can play the game rather than the occasion.No matter how much u read,or you are told,its nt like reality,you got to expierence it ist hand to know what it is,how to adapt to it etc.

That as u said was corks first for a lot of guys.It "is only he who wears the shoe know exactly how it fits"

You cant buy expierence,you earn it by living it.Thank god cork lived to fight another day.I expect a huge game from them.

Clare beat limerick and were excellent,and i agree the hype went way overboard after.But you must remember Limerick were a shambles in that game,i said before it they would loose.Allen hadnt a clue,and now the dust has settled,limerick are at Last beginning to realise this.

Cork beat a well drilled excellent dublin but were flat the last day.
    It will be more a game of who ever has the heads fully focused from the start.Cork will start v good.

Amprodude wrote: »

I think cork wnt allow them to be as good.Coughlan could have a blinder if used .

Subs must be order of forwards ..coughlan,moylan ,sullivan
    Please god we dnt have the use the other two.

Kenny ist back,then white. White Needs to keep the head,a bit cluee less,temperament awful likely get send of at times.He believes hes better than he actually is.

We need cool heads tommorrow.

Cork are the team that can improve more. I think Clare were playing at their best and Cork were almost playing at their worst. Before the drawn final I thought Cork has beaten the better teams in Kilkenny and Dublin. I also felt that if Kilkenny or Dublin met Clare, either of those two teams would have beaten Clare. Clare have really only beaten a poor Waterford team, a complete shambles of a Galway team and a Limerick team that maybe spent too much time celebrating! I think Cork can win tomorrow's game by a margin of 4-6 points and then that might be a more truer line of form. Having said all that I'm not making that prediction with any great degree of confidence. I could easily be wrong and Clare could finish on top.

Limerick got lucky.Beat tipp,overhyped then and were lucky to win a munster title.

They have the players but were no where near where they could have been with allen.

They need to learn to take every game at face value and one swallow never made a summer.If we win tommorrow,they will convince themselves they are better than cork as they beat us and should be al ireland champions.When the truth is this year they never had a realtstic chance of coming close to it,under the current set up.

They went backwards where we improved with every game.

I say this now if cork win tommorrow,a lot of work remains to be done to this team.

We need three players next year strengthen panel and the team and maybe more as kenny and murphy may retire,murphy very likely to .

No talk of two or 3 in a row.If we win ,enjoy it,but we are miles of thinking of those.We are still a work in progress,vastly improved on last year .

Limerick got lucky.Beat tipp,overhyped then and were lucky to win a munster title.

They have the players but were no where near where they could have been with allen.

They need to learn to take every game at face value and one swallow never made a summer.If we win tommorrow,they will convince themselves they are better than cork as they beat us and should be al ireland champions.When the truth is this year they never had a realtstic chance of coming close to it,under the current set up.

They went backwards where we improved with every game.

I say this now if cork win tommorrow,a lot of work remains to be done to this team.

We need three players next year strengthen panel and the team and maybe more as kenny and murphy may retire,murphy very likely to .

No talk of two or 3 in a row.If we win ,enjoy it,but we are miles of thinking of those.We are still a work in progress,vastly improved on last year .
    I think the future for Clare is a lot brighter than Cork. Clare have outstanding talent coming through the underage set up at the moment. If Clare do not win the All-Ireland this year, they will certainly be able to return next year and challenge, and also challenge for many more years unless immigration and injury affect the talented young players. Underage talent would be very desirable but realistically teams just need maybe 2-3 new players every year to keep things fresh and strengthen a panel. I think under JBM players like Harnedy have been unearthed. I'm sure JBM will continue this process.

This may seem a stupid question at this point in time but does anyone know what JBM will do if Cork win tomorrow. Will he see out his 3 years with Cork? Would he be happy to seek out an extension to 5 years or more? In 1999 he left after Cork won an All-Ireland. Inter county management is an incredibly demanding job. It takes unbelievable dedication to do the job for even one year.

I really do hope that JBM's contract is extended whether Cork win or lose. I hope he's given another 3 years to continue the progress and development.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seriously looking forward to it now. I'm hoping Cork forwards man up and bring the game to Clare. They need to challenge far more than they did the last time. If they do they should see enough of the ball to win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Possibility of heavy rain now, might change things

As long as Cork win, I won't mind getting wet:)

• Advertisement

I think the future for Clare is a lot brighter than Cork. Clare have outstanding talent coming through the underage set up at the moment. If Clare do not win the All-Ireland this year, they will certainly be able to return next year and challenge, and also challenge for many more years unless immigration and injury affect the talented young players. Underage talent would be very desirable but realistically teams just need maybe 2-3 new players every year to keep things fresh and strengthen a panel. I think under JBM players like Harnedy have been unearthed. I'm sure JBM will continue this process.

This may seem a stupid question at this point in time but does anyone know what JBM will do if Cork win tomorrow. Will he see out his 3 years with Cork? Would he be happy to seek out an extension to 5 years or more? In 1999 he left after Cork won an All-Ireland. Inter county management is an incredibly demanding job. It takes unbelievable dedication to do the job for even one year.

I really do hope that JBM's contract is extended whether Cork win or lose. I hope he's given another 3 years to continue the progress and development.

Different than 99 jbm had other commitments,he has none now.

Jbm is here for another three years win or loose,one more defo.

Then he will be offered,two more.That is a done deal.

But the examiner the same paper said harnedy was out ,juliet was a doubt and sheehan and walsh meant be training will prob run with a story jbm considerng future,just to see a paper.

Theres only a very few good writers there.

Win or loose jbm and cork are winners to any geuine hard core fans.

They will be a few that criticise him if we loose ,but F*** them.

Cork know he has done a fantastic job,and if their was an award would won manager of the year.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    As long as Cork win, I won't mind getting wet:)

The only drops we want to c,are tears of joy :-o

Nerves starting now ..leaving in 45 minutes.

Cork - will bunch midfield and the half back aera under the puckouts is the school of thought.Id be worried that the case,as clear want ruck ball and are like a blindside in rubgy at the breakdown.

Cronin much better health wise,harndy and cian should break even.That al we need to do.Lorchan and lehane have a vital job with the breaks.

Thats why coughlan needs to be used early as he is a gd man breaking ball.

Im confident of a huge display from cork and we will win.If clare put in the same performance or better than the last day,were in big trouble.

Thats a hard ask.

Today should be a gd test,barometer of our lads ,and in what we need for next year.

Today is a great chance at the same time.

Win or loose,its great to be a cork man.Irish by birth ,Cork by the Grace of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Very nervous but excited all the same for today! Safe trip for all those travelling and of course REBELS ABU!!!!!!!!!

The talent is in cork,more so than clare,i c it at club games,harty ,colledges etc.

Unlike clare and tipp and waterford and limerick we dnt invest money in the teams or the right manager.

After the harty game wed, ard scoil had a meal paid by the school in mallow gaa afterwards,and a bus to take them down etc.

Bandon or sum cork schools didnt have the same luxury.

The farce that cork gaa is run by ,is seen by the tickets for the after match function tngt.25 euro,bv at the end of the ticket it says all money goes to the players holiday fune.

I welcome the function ,but no way should cork need money for the hoilday.The wealthiest board in the county.A joke.

I hope the Pairc is refused,the scale of it.

Expect pa callaghan ,michael cahalane to feature with cork panel next year or year after with alan cadogan.

Clare have done the same with such lads same age ,jbm done it with sweetman doing the leaving cert.

Cahalane had a poor second half wed bt still got 3-4,in the harty cup.

Big and strong,he needs to involved with the hurling or he be lost to football.

Pa callaghan is a super star in the making,hindered by poor underage management.

Guy has pace,skill,strong,and can hurl of both sides and a blistering shot.

William kearney twin,daniel,and leigh desmond and colm spillane be worth a look.

Jamie wall may be watched.The more i c of bud hartnett im not convinced.

Eoin keane ,with a year of hurling under him ,should be watched.

Cormac walsh midelton another talent.

Kenny and murphy may nt be their next year.Superb servants and ambassadors of the game.

Cussen and naughton should savour today as they wnt be their next year.

Sullivan may be their.

Ellis wnt be.

Killan murphy another solid defender.

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Very nervous but excited all the same for today! Safe trip for all those travelling and of course REBELS ABU!!!!!!!!!
    Same here..safe to all..good to c sham sorted with a ticket and i hope RG15 got tickets also.

On a final note "On the Banks of my own lovely lee.,

I hope pa cronin can repeat mark landers in 99 under JBM,and say "welcome back to leeside liam Mac,we missed you a lot."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Whatever happens tonight we got the best championship in years and two all Ireland finals out of our hurlers this summer. Who would have seen that last Feb?!

Safe trip everyone, especially if coming home tonight. I have seen plenty of minor accidents after big matches in croker. Cars running into the back of each other on the motorway. No doubt distracted by the days events.

Anyway thanks to JBM and the team for this summer and hopefully they can top it off tonight. Corcaigh Abu.

Tickets meant to be availbe from gaa office opposite Gills pub at junction ,north cir,and jones road ,for anyone short one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's a belter of a day up here.

• Advertisement

Tough day at the office. I think Cork are short 3-4 good players at the moment. To concede 5 goals in an All Ireland Final is unforgivable. The famine for silverware continues for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement