Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

What age is he North cork star?
    Did he show intercounty potential.

Oh I don't know that much about him Thinkstoomuch1, but he looks to be a fine athlete and is a good striker and reader of the game... Cork Intermediates anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

What age is he North cork star?
    Did he show intercounty potential.

Oh I don't know that much about him Thinkstoomuch1, but he looks to be a fine athlete and is a good striker and reader of the game... Cork Intermediates anyway!
    Sound lad for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Your some beauty in fairness..oh ya..:-o..lol as you do yourself.

Most tippeary fans have nothing but respect and admiration for a guy that captained them in 96 to a minor,had a majior role in u21 success in 2010 as part of the backroom team,and in ist year in charge won the minor ,ist time in five years last year.

Shay boland had him involved with dublin a few years back.Hes record speaks for himself.He is a born winner.
    But erra yeah ..crticise him and glorify macgeeney .Good man.Money well spent ,yeah sure.
    I can't wait til the summer.Remember now,you said he is a huge addition to ye .By your beliefs,ye should be winning the all ireland.
    Oh Im some beauty yeah, you were the one who implied I didnt know what I was tyalking about, I merely pointed out the reasons why the Tipp County Board got rid of Willie Maher but alas if someone doesn't agree with you they must be wrong :rolleyes:

Willie Maher did very well to win the minor in 2012 but they were shambolic against Limerick in 2013 and made the same errors that had been made the first day against Dublin in 2012 but were lucky to get away with it ie trying to walk the ball into the net.

Willie Maher had a major role in the U21 team in 2010, jaysus thats news to me, a bit part at best, try to stick to the facts please. And apologies I wasn't aware of the fact that ''most Tipperary fans'' had been canvased by your goodself, fair dues.

I never glorified McGeaney either, if you feel I did could you please quote the post I played the appointment down as a welcome but largely insignificant addition to the backroom team and the fact that you could link such an assertion to a belief that Tipp will win the AI sames more about your mindset than anyone else.

You seem obbsessed with managers who win AAI's and you seem to think that the only way to guage a manager is by the number of AI's they win, seriously a three year old wouldn't have such a simplistic outlook. By your rationale all three of John Allen, Michael Bond and the great JBM are all on a level playing field as intercounty senior managers.

Conor lehane got 1-5 for the all stars yesterday.Not a game you can read in to,but at the same time hes averaged a goal a game in the last number of games ,bar the u21 game against Mallow.
    Great to see a cork forward with the goal scoring touch.

Conor lehane got 1-5 for the all stars yesterday.Not a game you can read in to,but at the same time hes averaged a goal a game in the last number of games ,bar the u21 game against Mallow.
    Great to see a cork forward with the goal scoring touch.

Some randomer from Clare that just happens to live out there came on at half time and scored three goals and got MOTM and Bonner Maher who wouldn't score in a whoare house with a fistfull of fifty's scored 2-1 - So I wouldn't put a whole lot of significane into the game, the final score was 10-4 to 6-13!

• Advertisement

Some randomer from Clare that just happens to live out there came on at half time and scored three goals and got MOTM and Bonner Maher who wouldn't score in a whoare house with a fistfull of fifty's scored 2-1 - So I wouldn't put a whole lot of significane into the game, the final score was 10-4 to 6-13!
    Did I not just say that you couldnt read much in to it.
    We all know maher cant score ,your slur is a bit much on him.

Sarsfields v Na Piarsaigh saturday night Shl final.

Grenagh v aghallbouge sunday,intermediate final at 2pm.

Rochestown v blackwater wednesday harty cup,anyone know the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Fermoy

Did I not just say that you couldnt read much in to it.
    We all know maher cant score ,your slur is a bit much on him.

Just curious as to why you felt compelled to post it then, its completely irrelavant what he scored in a game where half of them were drunk and the rest were taking the piss, so you know Maher cant score yet he scored one point less than Lehane and you felt the need to share this earth shattering news with the great masses :rolleyes:

I see you have ignored my reply re. Wille Maher and McGeaney, I can only take your silence as an admission that you were wrong or are you writing up one of your wonderfull 3 page replys?

• Advertisement

Fermoy
    Cheers Denis ..

Is it true bennett wont be lining ,as he has the Munster final for ballsaggart sunday in Mallow.

Just curious as to why you felt compelled to post it then, its completely irrelavant what he scored in a game where half of them were drunk and the rest were taking the piss, so you know Maher cant score yet he scored one point less than Lehane and you felt the need to share this earth shattering news with the great masses :rolleyes:

I see you have ignored my reply re. Wille Maher and McGeaney, I can only take your silence as an admission that you were wrong or are you writing up one of your wonderfull 3 page replys?
    You criticise maher,say noel mcgrath is past hes best,tippeary won everything in 2001, unbeaten,yet their limited team.

If their that limited ,surely its clear what English brought to the table,yet you said your not sure what english had over them.Your the same fella ,that said Harnedy was overated in june.It must gall you,told you he was a special talent,and Iwas proven right.

It is clear as day your my biggest fan at this stage:-( ..waiting to attack my every post.

And your the same lad that said clare u21s were in coppers drunk the weekend before the final against antrim.One of the best clare prepared teams ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

A question that some of ye might be able to answer regarding North Cork Hurling... Are they scrapping the Premier Junior and 'Junior A' and going back to the traditional Junior A and Junior B Hurling championships and how are the teams to be graded?!

You criticise maher,say noel mcgrath is past hes best,tippeary won everything in 2001, unbeaten,yet their limited team.

If their that limited ,surely its clear what English brought to the table,yet you said your not sure what english had over them.Your the same fella ,that said Harnedy was overated in june.It must gall you,told you he was a special talent,and Iwas proven right.

It is clear as day your my biggest fan at this stage:-( ..waiting to attack my every post.

And your the same lad that said clare u21s were in coppers drunk the weekend before the final against antrim.One of the best clare prepared teams ever.

Wow Im stalking you yet you have just given a synopis of my entire posting log of the past 12 months ummm pot , kettle black stuff all over the place ;)

I didnt criticise Maher, you asked why teh county board had allowed him to leave I ointed out what the issues with him were.

I said Noel McGrath has underperformed for Tipp since 2010, a blind man can see this, apologies if you are infact blind obviously although it would explain alot.

Yes it is my assertion that Tipp have had far better teams than the 2001 team - Tomas Costello was very weak, David Kenedy at CB too slow, two of the forwards were injured all year and Lar Corbett was a 19 year old rookie who had never reprresented his county at any level.

I asked the question about English as a retorical question, it is quite obvious what he brought to the table and is why he is still so highly sought after despite been out of the game for over 10 years.

I was very wrong about Harnedy and he improved every game, he was JBM's biggest achievement this year and will be pivotal to Cork going forward - I know this will come as a suprise to you as you yourself are incapable of ever admitting to being wrong ;)

Re. the Clare u21 team I made it quite clear that it was soemething that was said to me by somebody that I have absolutely no reason to doubt, I wasn't there myself so I won't stand by it 100% you obviously have proof that the y weren't though???

Oh and you still haven't adressed my comments re Maher and McGeaney, an apology will suffice I won't make you grovel ;)

Wow Im stalking you yet you have just given a synopis of my entire posting log of the past 12 months ummm pot , kettle black stuff all over the place ;)

I didnt criticise Maher, you asked why teh county board had allowed him to leave I ointed out what the issues with him were.

I said Noel McGrath has underperformed for Tipp since 2010, a blind man can see this, apologies if you are infact blind obviously although it would explain alot.

Yes it is my assertion that Tipp have had far better teams than the 2001 team - Tomas Costello was very weak, David Kenedy at CB too slow, two of the forwards were injured all year and Lar Corbett was a 19 year old rookie who had never reprresented his county at any level.

I asked the question about English as a retorical question, it is quite obvious what he brought to the table and is why he is still so highly sought after despite been out of the game for over 10 years.

I was very wrong about Harnedy and he improved every game, he was JBM's biggest achievement this year and will be pivotal to Cork going forward - I know this will come as a suprise to you as you yourself are incapable of ever admitting to being wrong ;)

Re. the Clare u21 team I made it quite clear that it was soemething that was said to me by somebody that I have absolutely no reason to doubt, I wasn't there myself so I won't stand by it 100% you obviously have proof that the y weren't though???

But I thought you were their.You clearly said,you were their with a friend of clonlara and he pointted them out to you,6 or 7 you said,(check your post if you dont believe me) and you had a few taken yourself.Im only saying what you said yourself.

I geuinely with the greatest respect dont want to go reposting posts.But if you want me to ,with that post fair enough.

Im making the point,you get on your high horse when you dont like what is said ,but you,are no angel in fairness,and that post shows that.

I have no doubt they may have been their,but I ,as proven by other posters ,are certain they werent drunk.
    Theres no sin in gaa players going to a pub.And the only drunk they may have been,was punch drunk from tiredness,as they probably had a savage early morning or late night training session the night before,as they are one of the best ever prepared clare teams and a credit to their county.

Honestly I geuinely have no interest in going tit for tat,with you ,but when you berate nearly all my posts with snide remarks ,about my username,what do you expect in fairness.

And yes ,hands up,i do talk too much.Guilty as sin,i love the gaa inside out,and my passion for it ,i do get carried away with long posts.

I have admmitted I was wrong,patrick horgan ,case in point.I had not ,if you think about it,replied to many of your posts for a while.I said their was no point.But when you constantly have a go at me,what do you expect.

You said I think that every manager must win an all ireland to be a success.I have never said that.It depends what rescources they have etc.
    You insult me,yet you can't take it when it is done yourself.And you are able to twist posts and take them out of context,but you dont like it yourself.

And can you ,leave out the personal insults please.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Any report from the UCC v CIT game last night? Had we any future Cork players on show? I believe both teams have lost their Cork players from recent years

But I thought you were their.You clearly said,you were their with a friend of clonlara and he pointted them out to you,6 or 7 you said,(check your post if you dont believe me) and you had a few taken yourself.Im only saying what you said yourself.

Coppers is a pretty big place and I meant that I wasn't anywhere near them I was in the smoking area my mate was close by and he pointed them out near the end of the night and I was still none the wiser, I would'nt recognise them from adam tbh and I made the point at the time that it wasn't really a big deal, perfectly entitled to a few pints after watching their county play a senior AI final, I merely posted it to point out that to me it seemed like they were treating the final as a formality, I also said I agreed with them and as it transpired this is exactly how it played out.

Once again you have conveniently ignored 90% of my post, go figure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Connorzee wrote: »
    Any report from the UCC v CIT game last night? Had we any future Cork players on show? I believe both teams have lost their Cork players from recent years

Think CIT fielded 13 or 14 Cork players in their ranks. UCC had considerably less

Coppers is a pretty big place and I meant that I wasn't anywhere near them I was in the smoking area my mate was close by and he pointed them out near the end of the night and I was still none the wiser, I would'nt recognise them from adam tbh and I made the point at the time that it wasn't really a big deal, perfectly entitled to a few pints after watching their county play a senior AI final, I merely posted it to point out that to me it seemed like they were treating the final as a formality, I also said I agreed with them and as it transpired this is exactly how it played out.

Once again you have conveniently ignored 90% of my post, go figure :rolleyes:
    .You ignored my points.

You ignored all my points aboint you constantly sniping at me.You address them so.
    Comical,this is.
    You twist words to what suits .Ah stop now you were there their,but werent but in another part.Say what you mean,and mean what you said.You said it ,then several posters gave out,and you re retracted,and got rattled.Have a read over the posts..as I said,.i dont want to requote them.You dont have to point them out as drunks to make a point,that is low,with respect.
    And come on to say clare players,a week before an all ireland final were drunk when they werent, is a big deal.
    And you were fast to ?why someone rolled their eyes at you,when you do that to me the whole time.
    You clearly said the clare lads were drunk.Everyone that read the post can see it.

When what you said was dissresptful.You have to audicity to say I was pathetic and lies when I clearly questioned a manager,on the field,never insulted him personally.

You have an opinion fair enough,but you want to go down the road of berating everything I say,just cause you have a witch hunt against me ,work away.
    But then take critism as well.

I am going to go back to the talking gaa lad.If im that much of an annoyance to you why reply to me.
    Your witchhunt against every single post I do,is pathetic,and tiresome.
    And remember you once called me a good poster,but just cause I gave a view on john allen,you have an agenda.

The limerick lads in fairness didnt take it to heart.

Have the last word by all means ,but dont expect me to waste time going tit for tat.

• Advertisement

Jamie coughlan ,cit and michael o sullivan currently on the panel,with david drake,ex dual underage and intermediate played with cit.

Darren macarthy in goals for ucc,and lawton ,and mark sugure ,dual last few years and u21 this year was with ucc.

Their the main ones.

.You ignored my points.

You ignored all my points aboint you constantly sniping at me.You address them so.
    Comical,this is.
    You twist words to what suits .Ah stop now you were there their,but werent but in another part.Say what you mean,and mean what you said.You said it ,then several posters gave out,and you re retracted,and got rattled.Have a read over the posts..as I said,.i dont want to requote them.You dont have to point them out as drunks to make a point,that is low,with respect.
    And come on to say clare players,a week before an all ireland final were drunk when they werent, is a big deal.
    And you were fast to ?why someone rolled their eyes at you,when you do that to me the whole time.
    You clearly said the clare lads were drunk.Everyone that read the post can see it.

When what you said was dissresptful.You have to audicity to say I was pathetic and lies when I clearly questioned a manager,on the field,never insulted him personally.

You have an opinion fair enough,but you want to go down the road of berating everything I say,just cause you have a witch hunt against me ,work away.
    But then take critism as well.

I am going to go back to the talking gaa lad.If im that much of an annoyance to you why reply to me.
    Your witchhunt against every single post I do,is pathetic,and tiresome.
    And remember you once called me a good poster,but just cause I gave a view on john allen,you have an agenda.

The limerick lads in fairness didnt take it to heart.

Have the last word by all means ,but dont expect me to waste time going tit for tat.

Fcuk man my eyes are bleeding after trying to read that, is english really your first language?

Just to get you started -

There: The men were standing over there.
    Their: The men were having their lunch
    They're: They're all very happy men :D

Now don't sulk and close your account like you did before because people were challenging you for talking crap like a good little boy, I'm only trying to help you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Fcuk man my eyes are bleeding after trying to read that, is english really your first language?

Now don't sulk and close your account like you did before because people were challenging you for talking crap like a good little boy, I'm only trying to help you ;)
    Please would the two of you **** off.What has this got to do with Cork gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Please would the two of you **** off.What has this got to do with Cork gaa.

I couldn't agree more Yomtea98

In all arguments involving Cork GAA, ask yourself what would Frank Murphy want us to do?! :pac:

As night follows day,you get personal.
    Your in a position to look down on some ones literal skills.?
    There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads that and of course I had a few taken myself!

Their was an excellent report in todays examiner on the game.

Cormac murphy the lad that held conor lehane to five points played with ucc.

As night follows day,you get personal.
    Your in a position to look down on some ones literal skills.?

What to fcuk are literal skills?? And its You're, I don't actually own the position ;)

A bit like Sean Og and all your other little heros your really starting to bore me know and seing that you still refuse to answer anything and the best you could do was drag up a post from 3 months ago I have very little choice but to add you to the ignore list :(

Cork gaa year book meant to be on sale in the next week or too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's the Cork Gaa forum, personally I find it mildly interesting.

The bickering is starting to take the piss now.

• Advertisement

Bandon won the Leauge tonight ,in clyda ,beat mtichlestown handy in the end,they denied them the double.

Ian Lynham and Richie kelleher , are to be Glen rovers coach and manager,hurling next year.
    Both were their before.
    It augurs well,Cork senior hurling championship needs to be competitive,and the more teams that reach their potential the better.

Intermediate football final Sunday Aghaballogue v Grenagh.
    Impossible to call,Grenagh have the momentum with most of the hurlers,and tom kenny,but aghaballogue have ex cork minor,John corkery,so good sunday ,he is called up to the u21 panel.
    A local derby,always takes a life of its own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement