Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Blue Magic wrote: »
    Punctuation is key for these forums to work. Just a note.

Great development if it's true that Pa O'Callaghan & Michael Cahalane are on the panel. Two excellent young hurlers. I have, in particular, seen a lot of Cahalane in last two years. He reads games very well, has great skills and is a decent athlete too!

Pa was asked at least three times,but has not committed yet as he has a back injury.
    Cahalane probably will if true ,but I would say he will be coxed in to it ,as he is still harty cup and doing the leaving,so he has a lot of commitments.Training with them would be good though.Colin riordain,is doing harty cup ,and on the training panel with tippereary.
    Michael won the west cork sports star of the year award.He is some talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

You were fast enough to make a remark ,about me obivously watching a match,and I needed to be in your company ,as if I needed ,a lesson on how to read a match.You more or less,said I was completely,wrong with my views,just a half ,hearted view,without saying exactly what you thought yourself,but I'will say later..
    So ,lad ,if you want be like that no bother:-o

Work away ,please gives your view on Cork,and if I agree,I will tell you,if I don't I will say I ,and sure we can agree to disagree .:-)
    And lad ,me Good man ,please do me one favour ,keep it GAA:-)

I didnt 'more or less' say anything,what I exactly said is in my 2 posts up there,feel free to re-read them if you need a clearer understanding of what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

And on that note,its a GAA forum,my posts will always remain about GAA on here,so you've no fear there.:)

And on that note,its a GAA forum,my posts will always remain about GAA on here,so you've no fear there.:)
    My main point is and well you know it lad,before you dismiss some one elses as compleltey wrong,post your own view or reasons you object to the inital view,therefore entering reasonable discussion and debate ,thank you.

Good man :-o throw us up your views on todays match whenever.:|

Thank you,i wont be called arogrant or ignorant so in the future so .:-)
    You can call me a love sick gaa fan though,any day,when it comes to Cork or Gaa in general.
    I would take that as a compliment,any day of the week.
    Anyway back to Cork GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Was at the match in Mallow, and i'd have to agree with Corkrobinhood, when he asks what match was Thinkstoomuch watching. You go through the entire fifteen and you're criticisms are too harsh and you're praise over the top. The game was a non-event after a minute, the pitch was saturated and UL were not up to it. How can you call people real leaders and rule others out as not good enough when the margin of victory is 24 points? John Hayes dropped a few balls in saturated conditions, he also caught a few and laid them off unselfishly, so did the other forwards, backs and midlfielders.

Apart from the offputting ten quid charge in the gate, seriously thats just annoying when i'm not going to be entertained, i'm going to support, why did they not give the subs more time, none on at half time and i think only three on with 10 minutes to go. Whats the point of that?

Also, who is Aidan Walshs most likely partner this year in the middle of the park? couldnt take anything from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any idea which Cork venue will host the Final? Mallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Yeah, Mallow at 2pm Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I wasn't able to go and Thank God I didn't, tenner to get it, joke shop!!

A fiver was grand for the LIT and should have be the same for the UL match and the uncoming final.

I was not being too hard or too lavish at all.Unfortunately ,you did not be specfic where I overpraised someone or where I was too harsh,so my apologies,Hayes is the only name you mentioned ,so that is the only one I can defend.

When I judge a player,just to let you know where I come from,I like to set a realstic expectation,in who they marked,are they new or expierenced ,and there age etc.

You must set the standards accordingly.Take a sales job,a new guy has a lower target than a guy there longer,however to pass hes probabtion he must still hit an acceptable minium target to pass he's probation.In a year down the lime however ,what he does wont be accepted,he must do more,as he now has expierence,developed hes skillset ,and should know hes customer base and product inside out.

Take a runner as another example.A novice runner starting out is told the golden rule,forget about time,just do the distance ,a mile or two .
    6 months in ,and he can do five miles .When he could barely run a mile and hold a conversation,he can do a five mile and not catch a breath.They are realistic expectations.

I said mclouGhlin was good overall against o rourke.However o rourke is not a natural corner forward,the dog on the street knows he prefers half forward.
    Mcloughlin has a full year behind him.
    Take and compare that to noel galvin.Galvin had limited time with Counihan,just in to the set up ,marks an all star,holds him to a point.Superb.If he held him to 3,that would have been still good,as the realistic view,james o donoghue is that good,he would burn most corner backs.I did not say ,give galvin an all star,i said he was a leading contender for no 4,and is when you see who is in competition with ,and the real lack of top quailty corner backs.Jamie sul,will be hes main threat.

Tom clancy ,i said was not tested at the back.Neither was alan sheehan last week.But clancy,played out of position,was super going forward from full back,sheehan at centre back wasnt.
    And tom clancy of UL ,on a beaten team was superb ,putting out fires all over the ptich.So the two  clancy lads have shown more than sheehan did.Now in clancy of Ul,he has a year of intercounty ,so you expect him to do that,yet he had a super attuide on a beaten team,and while he wore the ul jersey,he was clearly keen to impress cuthbhert.

Michael laoire,a bit small and light compared to the big Hogan and Mchugh,was superb ,won ball ,kicked well ,got a great point ,and unlike hayes in a congested midfield did not spill much ball.
    He is young,new to intercounty senior ,yet done what was expected.A super u21 in 2011 he deserves a chance against kerry for a half,and while I aint a fan,the butcher showed a huge desire,attuide,and huger and fight ,he deserves a half with walsh against kerry.
    The problem I have is he has been around in 2008,and last year and couldnt make it.
    Laoire had not as many chances but was super at junior for cork last year.He stood out that that level,that is whaj you expect from a potential senior.

John hayes was poor,even hes staunchest fans yesterday said the same and were dissapointed.
    I was not dissapointed in that I expected like I said before last week to blow hot and cold,and I dont believe he is the saviour for Cork.

Come on lad,FFS ,this is intercounty football,you can not use bad weather or elements as an excuse.The weather ,seen as you were at the game,cleared up as the game wore on,and as bad as it was ,was no way like the monsoon weather in waterford in the hurling last year,when both teams managed to catch ball cleanly,harder to do in hurling ,.
    Munster ,in rubgy in the same and worse conditions in thomond park in 2008 went at least 30 phases of ball retetention,when they were more brutally tacklted than yesterdays lack lustre game,yet not one ball was knocked on.
    Same when they beat Australia,in thommd park,the full back catching ball after ball,tackled ,and still not spilling a ball.

When hayes knocked it on,numerous times,unlike rubgy he had a second chance.He was then also beaten to the break,as he doesnt or never has ,wants to win dirty ball.He kicked,bad wides and kicked away possesion also.
    What the excuse on a dry day,the sun was in he's eyes,the ground was too hard ,and the ball had an extra bounce he couldnt control it.
    Come on man,the day the weather is used an excuse is the day they should walk away.If the ball was such a bar soap ,why did Donnach,Laoire,Butcher,Clancy for Cork and Ul not have the same problem?
    Simple reason it was not much a problem ,as you think ,and Mallow is one of the few ptiches around that is okay to play on in bad weather.

I have seen the gooch grip and hold ball in a munster final in mallow for crokes in worse weather than yesterday,so bad the game was moved from the gaelic grounds last minute.

What do you want us to do when he has to go to Mayo in the league and its incessant rain,makes it like a bog ,and mayo crowd him out.He sits on the bench,or brings a towel,ties it around hes waist,and waits for a break in play to ask the referee ,can he dry the ball.Be realistic,this is not tiddly winks,but Inter County football,and you must adapt and survive any challenge.

Thats what make a good club player and an intercounty man stand out.A club player is good within a comfort zone.And it has f""ck all to do with talent.Hayes has undoubted natural talent,but he lacks the temperament,and fight when it is not hes day .

At 27,he should have been dominating hes opponent,7 years of intercounty expierece, under Morgan,Counihan ,and had Ned English at UCC, and he has played in club all ireland final,county final,u21 all ireland,senior all ireland ,tons of expierence and with sugrue the only forward not to score.

At one stage ,Donnach was hoarse from shouting at him to mark hes man at kickouts.Every time ,cork had the ball ,in defence,o connor mades hes runs,hayes far too static,wanted the perfect pass.

When donnach lost rarely a ball,he chased hes man,hayes didnt.What is your reason for that??hayes had the wrong studs or hes patch was too soft he got stuck to the ground.
    I tell you what the answer is,attuide,and like when he lacked the focus and concentration to hold a wet ball,he lacked the same to chase hes man.You can learn as much watching what a player does off the ball than he does on the ball.

Another key point is hayes,Donnacha and goulding in the past many a big game failed as a unit to beat top defences,there is clearly something lacking in the balance of that unit.

If you were to drop one,hayes is the weakest link.
    Goulding is an all star,done what you would expect,took he's two goals well yesterday.
    Donnacha has not an all star but ,done it in an all ireland final like goulding.
    Hayes failed on the big stage.
    Brian hurley will be an all star.
    Colm o neill is one.
    Who is hayes better than here.??
    None,not even close,and bar making one goal ,when it could be argued ,he wasnt brave enough to shoot himself ,he played himself of the team yesterday.I wouldnt have him on the panel.Cathal vaughan,donal og hodnett,Dan mac eoin ,barry o driscoll deserve a chance.
    How many chances do you give players like hyes.

Sugre did not score.But compare him to hayes,and its apples and oranges scenario.
    Sugrue,second game at this level,not seven years,still u21 this year and learning ,and up against a intercounty ,quailty player in Tom Clancy,yet the time clancy stayed at centre back,sugrue battled gamely and always chased clancy .
    He wont start for cork but is a player with huge potential and will be a key player for ,cork u21 in tralee in 8 weeks .
    Realistic judgement ,Sugrue is new.

And I know I may seem harsh,but look this is intercounty football,there is no room for sentiment.Cody has dropped season ,proven expierenced players ,and doesnt do reputations ,he is interested in attuide alone.

Yesterday ,like last week ,does not mean you play well you get an all star,but you done what was expected and deserve another game.But if you go missing,and dont show a desire,attuide,an interest in mickey mouse game ,in a half empty stadium ,what hope have you in a hostile Castlebar,or a full croke park.
    These games tell you a lot about the character and dna of a player wanting to make a mark.Talent is f**ck all good to you unless you have the steel,and toughness within.
    Christy Ring once said your opponent is mean,you must be as mean and tough,and once you have the right stuff within,there is not much he can do to you.

In relation to the admission price ,its no suprise with the cost of club games.Remeber a new stadium is being built.I totally agree with you.

• Advertisement

I'll be brief, you went on about Donncha being a leader and how he urged everyone on around him. Not in any way knocking him but he did no such thing and merely went through the paces as much as he could to get a run out. He tried chipping up a ball and lost it and soccered a few more, Kerrigan spilled ball. As for James O'Donoghue being held to one score, you could have a full forward line of your choosing yesterday and they wouldnt have fared any better. The fact is the game was a waste of time for cork, and to go about rating fellas is completely and utterly futile. But sure based on the length of your posts you have both the passion and time to go on about meaningless uncompetitive kickarounds. I suppose i am having a go, which is wrong because its fellas like you who are the heart of this cork football teams supporters, hopefully next sunday you can have a proper game to review. As i cant afford to go, i'll be relying on your report. :D

Deco99 wrote: »
    I'll be brief, you went on about Donncha being a leader and how he urged everyone on around him. Not in any way knocking him but he did no such thing and merely went through the paces as much as he could to get a run out. He tried chipping up a ball and lost it and soccered a few more, Kerrigan spilled ball. As for James O'Donoghue being held to one score, you could have a full forward line of your choosing yesterday and they wouldnt have fared any better. The fact is the game was a waste of time for cork, and to go about rating fellas is completely and utterly futile. But sure based on the length of your posts you have both the passion and time to go on about meaningless uncompetitive kickarounds. I suppose i am having a go, which is wrong because its fellas like you who are the heart of this cork football teams supporters, hopefully next sunday you can have a proper game to review. As i cant afford to go, i'll be relying on your report. :D
    And I said kerrigan ,had a mixed game.
    Donnacha was constanly roaring and shouting at lads ,around him.One of there best defenders ,tirerney was subbed,donnacha destroyed him.

What do think of my points on hayes?it is clear as day how he played yesterday.And who would you start him ahead of in the championship?

Remember now the quality ahead of him.

And you are wrong,james o donoughe on mcloughlin and he would have scored more.
    And I take my long posts as a compliment ,as you said fuelled by passion .
    You aint the 1st and I doubt you will be the last to throw that at me.Water of a ducks back.
    Sorry to hear you cant go next week,it is ridicoulsy expensive ,and should be cheaper.
    And it is only January.

And I said kerrigan ,had a mixed game.
    Donnacha was constanly roaring and shouting at lads ,around him.One of there best defenders ,tirerney was subbed,donnacha destroyed him.
    Sorry to hear you cant go next week,the cost is a bit much alright.

What do think of my points on hayes?it is clear as day how he played yesterday.And who would you start him ahead of in the championship?

Remember now the quality ahead of him.

Its not that I disagree with you about hayes, (who you keep going back to, the mans ears must be burned off) I just think to make any judgement based on yesterdays game is foolish, and to criticise those that played unnecessary, as the selectors will have far better opportunities to make their judgements. You mention intercounty football, well the pace and effort in yesterdays game meant that this was not in any way intercounty. Next sunday, should be better, i'll just watch from behind the goal maybe from carpark.

And you are wrong,james o donoughe on mcloughlin and he would have scored more.

Why do i even bother? How do you know this? Do you have access to a wormhole or some sort of alternative universe where this played out?

Its not that I disagree with you about hayes, (who you keep going back to, the mans ears must be burned off) I just think to make any judgement based on yesterdays game is foolish, and to criticise those that played unnecessary, as the selectors will have far better opportunities to make their judgements. You mention intercounty football, well the pace and effort in yesterdays game meant that this was not in any way intercounty. Next sunday, should be better, i'll just watch from behind the goal maybe from carpark.
    I just think if you don't show it in these games ,it is not good.

Why do i even bother? How do you know this? Do you have access to a wormhole or some sort of alternative universe where this played out?
    No but based on last year against kerry in the league in kerry,a game which tom clancy excelled in,got two fine points.
    Just to remind you,Darren o sullivan turned him far too easily and made at least four points,a lot when kerry total was 11,in heavy ground.

A real grafter,great honesty but lacks real pace. If it was Him or Galvin for a corner back slot,Galvin any and every day of the week,way much more pace.Up against the likes of the brogans,o donoghue,o sullivan,burke and armstrong of galway ,you must have pace in the corner.
    Jamie Sullivan ,injury permitting a viable option.If we couldnt have those,I would have Carey then ,i even rate him better than mcloughlin.At least he had form once ,2009,unlike mcloughlin has never showed it.

I take it you did not see glanworth an kanturk.Again far too easily turned.At club ,he is fine in most games,inter county is a huge difference.Every one knows Galvin is fast.

No but based on last year against kerry .

Sad to hear you dont have access to wormhole, was excited there for a bit. We could go on forever because we obviously dont think alike so this will just drag the forum into muck if it already hasnt.

I said I would post that picture I took,shows the excellent condition the ptich was in considering the amount of rain that fell,for the most part and there was not much surface water in the majiority of it ,and I have seen far worse conditions for a match,the day cleared up after the start.
    A credit to the ground staff for excellent work with the ptich itself .
    A super complex,its great to have kerry there.

Cork minors had a run out against a youghal side,saturday and won by a few points.

As far as I am aware,not a hundred per cent though , Eoghan Kinery the lad from killeagh was meant to have played well.A lot of the harty cup lads on the panel wouldnt have played.

I saw a challenge match tonight,St thomas junior team v Ul intermediate team(eoin brislane ex tipp and meath hurler ,coach) and I see midelton u21 winner ,a nice hurler ,lesile coughlan,was playing.Good enough for Ul fitzgibbon team,but it shows how strong and the pick they have, wont be on that panel.

I saw a galway man with st thomas with cork links ,tonight that played with Castletown roche in Cork and won a county a junior in 1982 ,with them ,a huge win for the club,Frankie fallon ,with them.
    The rock is meant to be taking over the Cork u16 hurling team.
    The Cork football team for Sundays Mcgrath Cup Final against Kerry is going to be named Tuesday eveing.

• Advertisement

Aidan Walsh and Cadogan are back for Sunday
    It's only a Mcgrath cup,but the fact it is Kerry,at home,and the first time we play them under Cuthbhert,we would want to be setting down a marker,and beating them.It is possible to field a strong team with some fresh faces.
    This probably won't be the team,and certainly not the championship team but I think with all those that are out and unavailble it is the strongest team I would like to see

1.O halloran
    2.Crowley
    3.Cadogan
    4.Galvin
    5.loughrey
    6.Gould
    7.Clancy(Fermoy)
    8.walsh
    9.laoire
    10.Sugrue
    11.collins
    12.kerrigan
    13.Goulding
    14.DoC
    15.Barry O Driscoll

Hayes,Butcher,Mcloughlin will start ,I would imagine ,when it is anounced in a few short hours.

CORK SENIOR FOOTBALL TEAM TO PLAY KERRY IN MCGRATH CUP FINAL 14/01/2014
    The Cork Senior Football team to play Kerry in Sunday's McGrath Cup Final at 2pm in Mallow will line out as follows:

1. Ken O’Halloran (Bishopstown)
    2. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
    3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
    4. Noel Galvin (Ballincollig)
    5. James Loughrey (Mallow)
    6. Tomás Clancy (Fermoy)
    7. Kevin O’Driscoll (Tadgh MacCárthaigh)
    8. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
    9. Fintan Goold (Macroom)
    10. Colm O’Driscoll (Tadgh MacCárthaigh)
    11. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
    12. Andrew O’Sullivan (Castletownbere)
    13. Daniel Goulding (Eire Óg)
    14. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)
    15. Barry O’Driscoll (Nemo Rangers)

Subs:
    16. Ryan Price (O’Donovan Rossa)
    17. John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)
    18. Shaun Murphy (Ballydesmond)
    19. Micheál Ó Laoire (Naomh Abán)
    20. John McLoughlin (Kanturk)
    21. Donncha O’Connor (Ballydesmond)
    22. Alan Sheehan (Dohenys)
    23. Mark Sugrue (Bandon)
    24. Colin Lyons (St. Finbarr’s)
    25. Killian O’Connor (Mallow)

Brian Cuthbert has made five changes in personnel to the team which defeated University of Limerick last week. Kevin Crowley gets a first start of the season at corner back, ahead of John McLoughlin, while Eoin Cadogan returns from study leave to take the full back berth. Tomás Clancy moves to centre back, and Fintan Goold to mid-field in place of Micheál Ó Laoire, where he's joined by Aidan Walsh, who is back from holidays. Mark Collins comes in at centre-forward, with Mark Sugrue making way. Barry O'Driscoll, who scored a goal when he came on as a sub against UL, starts at corner forward, with Paul Kerrigan replacing Donncha O'Connor at fourteen, while John Hayes also moves to the bench.
    ]

I am delighted with that team,bar one or two ,i am over the moon,as hayes and mcloughlin were poor.
    Credit to cuthbhert,for dropping Hayes ,and overall I am happy with the team.
    Credit where due.
    He learned from the 1st two games
    Great to see Crowley play,and O driscoll,galvin and sugrue get a chance against kerry.
    A good full back line,with a real presence at 3,and two very fast corner backs ,Crowley more a half back ,but so versalite can slot in there.

A strong half back line ,but I would have preffered a presence like gould at 6 flanked by clancy.Still that is not a bad line.
    A good midfield.
    The half forward line is full of running,work ethic ,and collins can score,I would have rather Sugrue ,but O driscoll got a nice goal last week.I don't think the butcher will operate as a forward he will go with 3 at midfield.
    The full forward line has pace,scoring and strength and if it gets fast ball has potential.It wont start come championship but is fine for Sunday.
    Overall a good team.

Dungarvan v hamilton harty cup postponed.
    Charville v doon and rochestown v thurles still going ahead.

Harty cup today,two big games,for Cork sides ,in Rochestown v thurles and charville play Doon.
    Doon are the favourites ,and look a serious team,with a few tipp lads in the team,from Cappawhite,and mainly the rest is cappamore and doon.Charville is made up of lads from,bruree,kilmallock,chareville,newtownshandrum and effin mainly (the club of the great quaid family)

Charville beat Templemore already and won all 3 group games.,Doon lost one,but have the expierence of being in a quater final last year.

Chareville are the last cork team to get to a harty final,in 2011 when a very good Ard Scoil beat them.
    Doon have a solid team with ,Thomas hayes,and stephen ryan at full and centre back,jack cummins at half back,and patrick cummins at midfield,with barry murphy,michael dee,shane o connell,joe longeran ,the highely rated Dean coleman and possibly Darragh clancy and david buckley of Cappawhite in the forwards ,they will test chareville who are well coached with Paudie butlers nephew ,Kevin Butler doing well there.

It will be a good battle at midfield with newtownshandrum Jp moloney faring with patrick cummins and how shane feane (bruree)and paddy loughlin kilmallock(both limerick men)and tim o mahony (newtownshandrum and the highley rated ,darren butler,and Darragh browne and o connell at the back fare againt a quaity doon forward line will be interesting. Cian collins who is in goal is a good keeper.

Charville have firepower with daniel relihan,cillan o gorman,darren casey,david geary and kyle mccarthy(effin) all able to score.

Doon are favourites ,and have played in the gaelic grounds already and have expierence,but I would not be suprised if charville ,the underdog shaded it.

Thurles and Rochestown ,is another mouth watering game.Thurles the former school of the legend that is ,jimmy doyle who won a harty cup in 1956 with them, and thurles last won this in 2009.

If its a dry day ,I fancy rochestown ,as a lot of good quailty players from the rockies and douglas that won underage in cork are there.
    Mark o connor is a doubt ,and if he is out,is a big loss,a great man to score goals from placed ball and got 2-6 against blackwater.

This is a good rochestown side,niall casman captain of the blackrock winning minor team at centre back,played in a county u21 final and played well this year against midelton with,conor kingston(son cork coach ,kieran )at half back,daniel meaney, blackrock and aron ward ,a cork minor ,combine at midfield to make a good pairing.

They have good forwards with David king,ciaran cormack,shane kingston brother of conor,and the very promising douglas ,and cork u17 all ireland winner mark dolan who has played senior with Douglas this year,all good forwards.

A close game to call,but Rochestown are a fine side and can win.Best of luck to both Cork teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Delighted to see Collins start in his natural position. A like for like replacement for Paddy Kelly. Goold & Walsh at midfield are the championship pairing for me.

Honestly dont rate Barry O'Driscoll but he's getting another go here, Donnacha would be ahead of him for me but Brian Hurley ahead of both of them come championship time

come championship, i wouldnt have kerrigan in full forward line.

Come championship i'd go Goulding, Hurley, Donncha.

Kerrigan would be my preferred centre forward dropping back and playing long direct ball up to FF line. But its Mcgrath cup so they are giving everyone as much gametime as possible.

slingerz wrote: »
    Delighted to see Collins start in his natural position. A like for like replacement for Paddy Kelly. Goold & Walsh at midfield are the championship pairing for me.

Honestly dont rate Barry O'Driscoll but he's getting another go here, Donnacha would be ahead of him for me but Brian Hurley ahead of both of them come championship time

I would agree,o driscoll needs to show what he can do.Never got much chance under couinhan but he has a chance now.In tralee last year griffin held him well so it is a good test sunday.

Collins is a terrific player,if used properly would have been a regular the last two years.

Colm o neill was kicking around last week again.Could be back for the end of the league.If he is fit and stays fit a certain starter.
    Paddy kelly would be a super boost to cork ,uncertain yet if he will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

I would agree,o driscoll needs to show what he can do.Never got much chance under couinhan but he has a chance now.In tralee last year griffin held him well so it is a good test sunday.

Collins is a terrific player,if used properly would have been a regular the last two years.

Colm o neill was kicking around last week again.Could be back for the end of the league.If he is fit and stays fit a certain starter.
    Paddy kelly would be a super boost to cork ,uncertain yet if he will come back.

From what Ive seen of O'Driscoll for Nemo recently he doesnt stand out as an inter county player. He was poor in the Co. Final v Castlehaven missing a close in free and was similarly poor when they faced Carbery Rangers in the Kelleher shield final. On both occasions it was James Masters that outshone him by a mile

• Advertisement

Chareville 5 doon 1-5. H time
    Joe lonergan goal.butler sent of for charville

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement