Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Tomás Clancy is indeed injured rather than dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No sign of Paddy Kelly yet by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Ucc won beat trinity today ,around 7 cork lads involved,u21 players past and present ,luke connolly nemo,alan cronin nemo,brian o driscoll and conor dorman ,michael quinlvan tippery,conor cox kerry,played .
    Ian maguire and nation were midfield.Alan cronin was  picked at centre forward .

Its great dorman,o driscoll and maguire playing at this top level,great prepartion for kerry in the u21.There certain starters and key men for the cork team and savage talents .Maguire is u21 next year I think.
    Quinlan got the goal,its easy see why he is a senior player with tippereary,very strong on the ball,lovely footballer.

Cox was good for kerry got a black card,u21 in a few weeks with kerry I think he is eligble,needs to be watched in that game.

Cork wise ,connolly was busy and good,dorman very good ,and brian o driscoll very good in a brian dooher type role .You can see why there on the Senior set up.O driscoll got two points ,and in driving rain and wind has some stamina to eat up the ground ,he covers very deep.What a lad to deliver a pass.It was in the north campus,not ptich 1,so wasnt heavy ground,but still hard going in that wind.

Easy to know why limerick minors,Clare hurling and footballers train there.A super complex,i have said many times.Ian maguire won some great ball.I have always been impressed by him.

Ucc should make the semi final at least ,have good forwards.Morgan is some manager in fairness.A well coached team.Mtichelstown ,fair play,credit due ,got a great man involved next year with them.

Mcloughlin,kearney ,horgan,nash are  with Munster panel in the interprovincial the weekend.Limerick have condon,wayne macnamara,gavin o mahony,paul browne.ghrame mulchay ,james ryan and riche mac in the panel to play Galway.

Both be hoping they get through okay but it should sharpen them up for next week

As far as im aware the ref for sunday is the same lad that done mayo v kildare.A good referee,he gave a black card ,in that game,a good call,so Cork have to be on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Great article here by Larry Tompkins.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...-29980246.html

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

UCC and CIT meet next week in the Sigerson cup.Around 16 Cork players will be involved between both panels,with Dorman,Maguire,Cronin,O Driscoll all with UCC and ,Hodnett,Vaughan,Peter Daly,TJ Brosnan,John Corkery among others all with CIT.

Brian O Reagan of Nemo, is with them also.I did not make the CIT game,but Vaughan ,and Corkey got the goals.

Next week be a good game to watch espicelly to see how Peter Daly does at Centre back against a quailty UCC team.He is a solid defender.

A guranteed Cork team in the semi,and both teams having a majority of Cork lads again shows there real is talent in Cork.
    Maynooth look on paper to be the real danger to Cork teams,I would expect UCC to edge  CIT.

They have Paddy Brophy,Paul Cribbin,Conway of kiladre,Darragh Mccauley Dublin,the lightening fast Eammon wallace Meath,Paddy Mac Breaty of Donegal to name a few,they are a serious team but I hope UCC get to play them as it would be a great game and a great test for our lads,like Ian maguire against Mcauley.They will learn so much playing against the best .Brophy got 3 points for them,thats 9 from play in the last two games he played,a huge threat Sunday.

Ul won in canter today .They are like I said a huge threat to UCC
    3 corks lads played todjy ,Colm barry Castlelyons,Jamie Wall kilbrattin up against Eirns O
    Own Jack sheehan.

Im not sure how the semi final draw works ,if both UCC and Ul can meet each other or if it is an open draw that they could meet in a final.No disrespect to other teams but it would be a dream final,team mates Shane O Donnell and Podge on opposing teams.

Barry was okay,but Malone was a real handful ,a very good player and a Clare u21 and it showed.
    Walsh was super at midfield against Galvin of clare, Tom Ryan good,not as good as the last game,but certainly not bad.
    Forde is the main man again though.A real talent.With Morrisey and the two ryans they have a good half back line.Such is UL,strength top players like Morey and Carmody ,they cant start.They have huge depth like UCC panel wise that will stand to them over the weekend in March with back to back games.

Sheehan was up against Wall a strong man,for most part of the game ,and done quite well.Wall is a good hurler,good enough for Cork u21 and intermediates,
    Sheehan has not had the same exposure but he has done well for Ul this season.Very much improved discipline today ,hasn't been taken to the cleaners in any game.

Credit due,he is doing very well,and must be watched .Lohan must rate him very highely and wants to give him as much exposure as he can,as he has played 3 games in a week,last Friday ,last sunday against Tippereary and today.He certainly didnt look tired or out of place today.Not saying hes intercounty yet,but certainly a bolter in terms of coming from nowhere as a full back worth noticing in a position new to him.Mary I arent as strong as last year and what they gain in Wall as a forward they loose in that he was superb at half back last year in the run to the final.Hannon is a huge loss.Wall didnt let them down on placed balls.

Big weekend for Rochestown ,a game they can win against a very good Doon side.Some fine players shown by Mark Dolan,Daniel Meaney,And Kingston making the Cork 30 panel that was cut last friday.A lot of talented lads couldnt make that cut ,and not for a lack of talent but such is the depth of talent in the squad.

The game is now Sunday at 1 in Chareville,clashes with the football.Thats the second game Mallow had this week,that was moved.Not a bad idea ,the ptich gets a break.

• Advertisement

The Cork hurling team last Saturday against Tippereary was Nash,o neill,spillane,killan murphy,
    Ellis ,joyce,white,

Haughney kearney

Lawton,cian mac,sullivan,alan cadogan,coughlan moylan.

4 lads with Munster panel this weekend,may not be with Cork.
    Darren mccarthy likely to a get run,with Nash with Munster.Horgan,kearney and mcloughlin with the Munster panel also.

Good to see Spillane at 3 and joyce at 6, one is to certain to loose out with Cadogan in the weekend you would imagine. Great to see Alan cadogan get time.He has it all to make it at the top.Super attuide,and tough as nails.Could make the football too but he would better sticking to one with dual U21 intercounty ,and club and College commitments ,on top of Senior to contend with.Real stront competition up front.A very good place to be.

The Tipp team had Conor
    o brien,Conor o mahony,cahill
    padraig maher,brendan maher all with them.Eoin Kelly was involved for a bit.

Woodlock was in the middle.
    Sullivan from what I hear wasnt shying away from Challenges and relished Maher.
    I would like him to get more games ,hes very tough ,ideal for modern games.Tough games bring the best out of him.
    Hurling wise ,he is rough around the edges but game time at this level he would improve.A real asset in breaking tackles.Darren Sweetnaham is lining out with Munster the Weekend against Cardiff,making hes rabo12 debut I think.Best of luck to him.Hope he has a great game.

What a player he would have been for Cork at midfield .Hugehly versalite,in could of played half back line or half forward line.

IF na piarsaigh loose the weekend ,there lads could be at least on the bench for the Cork game ,and they would make a huge difference to Limerick.
    Hamilton and Colaiste Cholm in the Munster B football final tonight.
    Its great to see two Cork teams,but its sad one has to be a looser.
    I havent seen much of both teams,hard to know how it will go,if it does go ahead,as heavy storms later are forecast.

Hamilton have won various Munster B and C grades throughout the years.,won an allireland in 2007 in football.A lot of there hurlers are playing today .Great news in that Chris O leary ,and Luke meade the minor panel,I think Jerry O Neill made it also .

Best of luck to Macroom tommorrow.

Dingle and christ ri swtiched to knocklong now.Where is that exactly and the ptich??does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Knocklong is on the tipp limerick border there about half way between Kilmallock and tipp town. If you're coming from mallow direction turn off in charleville. I haven't been on that pitch since I was in school, I don't know exactly where it is

Thanks very much.
    Joe O Sullivan of Ballygiblin made the Cork minor panel.Was full forward in the u17 final last year.A good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

He was captain wasn't he? That's good news for him and ballygiblin

Your spot on he was ,i forgot that until you said i.delighted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Great article here by Larry Tompkins.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...-29980246.html

Hardly great, lazy journalism at best.

Scenario probably unfolded as so:
    Boss:
    Lads we've a a space in the GAA section and the culchies will go mad if we put in an article about Bernard Brogan again, anything on Cork?
    Journo:
    Sure I'll call into the pub to larry, he loves talking, sure did ye not see that seanie mac ad he did, gas, mad for the publicity.

Larry, you want to say few things about cork?

Larry:
    Like what, i havent really followed it too closely lately, wasnt at any mcgrath cup or even game last sunday?

Journo:
    Ah dont worry, just have a cut off the fellas that retired or went off panel?
    Larry:
    But Ciaran is only gone to Australia?
    Journo:
    Ok, be nice to him, but have a good old fashioned pointless dig at the other servants of the county. Say something like good riddance.
    Larry:
    Hmmm, not sure bout that...
    Journo:
    Too late i've it typed up. any opinions on dublin for the majority of our readers?
    Larry:
    They're good alright.
    Journo:
    No great shakes you say, gotcha. Sure we'll have a pint while i'm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Deco99 wrote: »

Boss:
    Lads we've a a space in the GAA section and the culchies will go mad if we put in an article about Bernard Brogan again, anything on Cork?
    Journo:
    Sure I'll call into the pub to larry, he loves talking, sure did ye not see that seanie mac ad he did, gas, mad for the publicity.

Larry:
    Like what, i havent really followed it too closely lately, wasnt at any mcgrath cup or even game last sunday?

Journo:
    Larry:
    Journo:
    Ok, be nice to him, but have a good old fashioned pointless dig at the other servants of the county. Say something like good riddance.
    Larry:
    Journo:
    Too late i've it typed up. any opinions on dublin for the majority of our readers?
    Larry:
    They're good alright.
    Journo:

:D Quality stuff Deco!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Best of luck to Macroom tommorrow.

Dingle and christ ri swtiched to knocklong now.Where is that exactly and the ptich??does anyone know

Where did you see/hear the change of venue to Knocklong ttm1? Ridiculous out of the way venue if you ask me for a game between Dingle and a Cork city school. Surely Mallow or somewhere is available? Is the DLS v Fachtnas game going ahead tomorrow for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Is the DLS v Fachtnas game going ahead tomorrow for sure?

Decision being made in the morning

Tis on the Cork website and the radio also.

This is geuinely no slight on Knocklong,but I would greatly hope the ptich condition holds up there in this weather.I have never been to the ptich,im dont know where in knocklong it is..I presume its a grass ptich, and some are in awful condition ,this time of the year so I wonder will it be the same fiasco that ,castlematyr had and cahir last week,that schnols matches should never of been fixed for in the ist place,and like last week,it was cancelled the last minute awful on fans and teams to travel that distance.

I was going to go,but if the rain keeps up,i may not,as you could be on the road there ,and its cancelled last minute.If there in doubt ,cxcl the match.

Mallow is in super nick when you take in all the games,harty,challenge,mcgrath cup ,schools,b,c,harty etc ,but id say they want to give it a break and thats understandable as ,it has a lot of mileage.It was meant to hold ucc v trinity and doon and rochestown,they both got cancelled.Im not certain why,but maybee mallow wanted a break.

Surely there could have been a more cental venue or better ptich for both.Would the north campus in ul of been an optinon the astro turf.Or even morris park thurles ,is in super nick with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Deco99 wrote: »

Boss:
    Journo:

Larry:

Journo:
    Larry:
    Journo:
    Larry:
    Journo:
    Larry:
    They're good alright.
    Journo:

It's nice to see a man with some positivity about Corks football prospects.There's a lot of rubbish being spouted by doom and gloom merchants about Cork not being able to compete this year.We had some fella in the Examiner that wrote in an article that Cork are finished!He didn't even elaborate on his point!The reality is that there is no team out there that you would be fearful of.That Dublin team for example isn't a patch on the Kerry and Tyrone all ireland winning teams from a few years ago.Mayo are a good team but you wouldn't fear them.Tyrone are overrated (what have they done in championship football since 2008?) while Donegal don't have the depth of talent that we have.Kerry are still a good team but what they have is not the best in Ireland anymore and it hasn't been for the last 5 years either.With the players we have coming through the ranks we should be going into games with Kerry with the expectancy that we will beat them.If Kerry had the players that we had coming through the ranks (like Thomas Clancy from Clon) then they wouldn't be trying out a 34 year old at centre back to replace the 35 year old that retired!

Dublin are ahead of Cork but their not that far ahead of us.Dublin though and ourselves would be the two counties with the best production line of young talent coming through the underage ranks.I think Dublin will get better but in the first half of last years all ireland final they were there for the taking but Mayo weren't good enough to capitalise.A lot of the players that departed the Cork panel over the winter were finished anyway as intercounty players.We still have a core of experienced all ireland winners on our panel and we have quality players coming through the ranks that would be the envy of most counties.It's time for Cork football to develop a sense of swagger and confidence about itself.We are Cork should mean just as much in football as it does in hurling.If we suffer no more injuries and get Paddy Kelly and Colm O'Neill fit again then it will take a good team to beat us.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

It's nice to see a man with some positivity about Corks football prospects.There's a lot of rubbish being spouted by doom and gloom merchants about Cork not being able to compete this year.We had some fella in the Examiner that wrote in an article that Cork are finished!He didn't even elaborate on his point!The reality is that there is no team out there that you would be fearful of.That Dublin team for example isn't a patch on the Kerry and Tyrone all ireland winning teams from a few years ago.Mayo are a good team but you wouldn't fear them.Tyrone are overrated (what have they done in championship football since 2008?) while Donegal don't have the depth of talent that we have.Kerry are still a good team but what they have is not the best in Ireland anymore and it hasn't been for the last 5 years either.With the players we have coming through the ranks we should be going into games with Kerry with the expectancy that we will beat them.If Kerry had the players that we had coming through the ranks (like Thomas Clancy from Clon) then they wouldn't be trying out a 34 year old at centre back to replace the 35 year old that retired!

Dublin are ahead of Cork but their not that far ahead of us.Dublin though and ourselves would be the two counties with the best production line of young talent coming through the underage ranks.I think Dublin will get better but in the first half of last years all ireland final they were there for the taking but Mayo weren't good enough to capitalise.A lot of the players that departed the Cork panel over the winter were finished anyway as intercounty players.We still have a core of experienced all ireland winners on our panel and we have quality players coming through the ranks that would be the envy of most counties.It's time for Cork football to develop a sense of swagger and confidence about itself.We are Cork should mean just as much in football as it does in hurling.If we suffer no more injuries and get Paddy Kelly and Colm O'Neill fit again then it will take a good team to beat us.

Dont disagree with you but the point I was illustrating was there was nothing new there and larry, niall and whoever get wheeled out same as the yerra yerras do across the border when they want an article. I nearly find this thread contains more insight than anything in the papers. Your own post was a better read IMO. Theres plenty of positivity surrounding this cork team, the dubs are up there to be knocked and anyone on a good day could beat them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Críost Rí 0-05 v 0-04 behind at ht. Their keeper got a black card and gave away a pen. His replacement saved it! They were 5 v 1 down against the wind....looks like they will have a fighting chance with the elements behind them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Críost Rí lost....after Extra time.

Cork 0-07 v 0-08 Kildare at ht

Kildare playing well but Cork have not taken the goal chances they have created.
    Should be an interesting second half.

Great win for the ladies up in Donegal, won by a couple of goals.

• Advertisement

Good game,..deane having a good game.Sullivan ,no where to be seen.
    Mcloughlin was roasted in that 20 spell,taken for two points and cleaned out with ball.IF he wasnt subbed,he would have had a long afternoon.

i knew and said for months this was going to happen.Far from biased against him,the lad is not at intercounty.Cronin on,would liked galvin get game ,but he much better than Mcloughlin.

Cork full back line is like I said would be where we could loose this.Clancy holding hes own against o connor ,brophy real problems for dorman.Dorman ,cant be blamed,he aint a corner back..
    Hes of now we are in further trouble ,dorman now at 3.
    Galvin must come on and has but management had to end in the end.

The full back line was a recipe for dissaster ,at the start,Management totally to blame.Cork hadnt even a hurling challenge game,and Cads not even on the bench ,and picking two lads that arent corner backs.
    Credit,they finally opened there eyes and took mcloughlin of.The guy hes marking isnt even that great,made look good.He lucky ,he hadnt brophy.

Galvin should tighten it up,i have faith despite thrown in at the deep end.We have no option at 3,hope for the best.The two corner backs are better than what we had started with ,so we may get away with the weak aera at 3.
    Cork can certainly win if the forwards get batll.Laoire must come on for sullivan.Leave the front 6 as it is.

Forwards are fine if they get ball.O rourke super 3 points play,Doc superb and collins at heart of everything.i think we will win considering the changes made .

Got there. Not round today but that result has helped the hangover no end. Sounds like o rourke was counted today. Good to see fellas drive on from last year. How was midfield? Sounds like the forwards did the business. Who played centre forward?

Good win for Cork...by a point in the end 0-16 v 1-12- Kildare scored a goal with the second last kick of the game. Kildare had a few chances of scoring a point before they goaled but Cork deserved the win.
    An enjoyable second half - despite the weather at the beginning of it. Plenty of good scores - most notably a Kildare sideline.

Oh and Kerry lost ...again.....great weekend of sport indeed!

Everything I have said about Cork the last few months ,have been nailed on the head,i have been spot on and judge what I see.
    A superb win ,and the changes were crucial,cronin and galvin.

Like I said during the week ,our full back line and midfield was crucial to today.Two changes at half time at corner back ,and collins going to midfield helped.Dormans isnt a 3 but not as exposed as a corner back.Laoire could have done the role in the middle,as collins while we gained with him at midfield ,we lost when he was a roving half forward.

Management can take a bit of credit for cronin,they acted fast in fairness .For galvin,they cant.They had to with injuries,again today done everything bar use him until they had no choice.
    The man,and I said It,i didnt sit on the fence,at half time I  said here  galvin would be fine despite thrown in neck deep.He was superb,look at that fabolus catch he made .
    Hope you were at this Robin hood.

Still dont rate galvin?thrown in to a fire today at half time but he was far from roasted.You ever want an articulate shrewd assement of a player,please ask me ...:|im only having a bit of fun ...remember so take it as that ....just a bit of friendly banter.I was looking around to see a man running on the field to congrulate him ,and tell him you approve :|lol ..same as you wanting to see me ecatisic when john hayes gets a goal against kerry .

But I have seen what many either didnt see or just didnt want to see, regards a lot of players today for some time.

Halloran was good,a great save,varied the kickouts and were good bar one bad one.I said he would have to make a save if cork were to win and he dualy obliged.
    Dorman was okay at 3,as cronin and galvin as I said may help him.He isnt a full back but showed plenty going forward ,as a real half back option down the line.O connor suited dorman,as he is strong in the air.Clancy was having a good game against O connor,prior to injury ,but o connor as a target man suited him.Too much attack minded to man the square.A fit Cadogan vital to cork hopes as he is the best option for full back.

Gould was excellent,covered a lot of ground and good kickpassing.Must start against dublin with clancy ul beside him if fit.
    Loughrey was good and he showed great leadership.Still at times gave away easy ball.Worked tirelessly.

Brian o driscoll had a great game.fast,drives forward and delivers great quick ball to the forwardsg
    Deane was excellent must start the Dublin game with walsh.

Butcher was awful,only for deane we were in real trouble in the 1st half.It was a one man show for Cork.Today he showed ten times over much better than Andrew.

Raw around the edges but way more artillery than the bucher.
    I have said sullivan would be found out.Despite the  articles in the media blowing him up last week against a poor westmeath midfield ,as a man that turned a corner, all and sundry could see today he hasnt.He is the exactly same player he was in 2008.He hasnt been able to take the game to the next level .Today proved that .And again I dont doubt hes commitment or honesty.
    And he will face a lot better in Kavangh,Bradley,Mccarthy,Mccauley,Moran,Buckley etc in the league.

People will say hes entilted to a bad game,and had 4 good ones.Wait for the west cork media to put a spin on it.Fact is he was okay against piss poor opposition.Today was a against stiffer oppositon and he was out of hes depth.Cant start against Dublin.
    Management took him of ,but a woeful ,woeful ,mistake pulling collins who was super at 11 to midfield,in that we strengthen one aera ,weaken another.
    Laoire should of came on.

O rourke, certain starter in july,four from play,pace,strength,great kickpassing and vision and a super work rate
    Collins was everywhere,defence and attack and a great link man.
    Hodnett always showed for the ball and linked and created a lot and two great points has to start against dublin.

Goulding quiter today ,had a few wides,workrate not as good as last week ,but he will be very important against the Dubs.
    Hurley ,always showed for the ball
    and great energy ,nice scores he has it all.
    Doc superb workrate ,and leads the line well,creates a lot and makes great runs and is benfiting from a faster fluent cork .

Vaughan,i have many times said he has it,as a sub,made a huge difference,won a lot of ball a great point from play and a free,very athletic.Remember this was hes debut,and he took to it like a duck to water.

Compares hayes ,a man at 27 years of expierence done okay,didnt make an impression to stand out.
    I was right with deane,mcloughlin,galvin,butcher,driscoll etc,im a never more right regarding hayes.

He  wont start ,and come may shouldnt be anywhere near the panel,kelly,collins,rourke,hodnett,goulding,doc,kerrigan,o neill,hurley,Sugrue  are much much better.Add in Mac eoin if needed.

Cork were excellent in fast flowing fluent attacking football with a pure intent to do that ,and thas great and a credit to management.All the 6 forwards roated at will and that was great to see.

Worryingly is there assements of players to implement that though.
    They rated Mcloughlin and blatanty ignored Galvin time and again-today the same until ,clancy got injured.He was super ,i mean unreal brought in to a unit in total dissarray.

Again they fail to see ,laoire talents and today didnt play him.Must be used.They got it horribly wrong by leaving deane out of the orignal panel.I dont think he would have started if walsh was fit.The bucther was a shoe in.
    Deane must start with walsh aginst dubs,a shambles if he doesnt.
    No point saying otherwise.

They deserve credit for starting o driscoll ,and croinin coming on but galvin should of been ist in line.Cronin attacks a bit too much for a corner back ,but than can be worked on.

Cadogan not playing today was a woeful call just to go training with the hurlers and it nearly cost us dearly a crucial 2 points in were now safe from relegation.They should have at least with shields out at him on the bench.
    We just about by the skin of our teeth got away with such madness.

Derry beat kerry in kerry and as I said with tyrone will be hard at home in cork to beat .Kerry loosing is bad for us,thats two they lost ,and must win at home in the last game to us and will have the big guns back and target us.With mayo and dublin away todays win cant be underestimated and we head to dublin with confidence.

The forwards they got right like I said during the week.A mixed bag
    overall with them selection wise,but if they learn from today and pick the strongest team ,and not butcher or sullivan,with cads at 3,even without shields if they get the team right we can be competitve and at the very least give a good performance against dublin.

Cant wait for tuesday two weeks the team announcement ,and it will be a good indicator of how the management and team are progressing in game management ,and learning from past mistakes.

A super attacking fluent game and a very good win and mangaement deserve credit for implementing that,gone are the counihan style of play.Deane had a good input in that he can see a pass and then has the skills to execute.Everything he does is at pace ,contrast that to the slow,pedantic ,laboured ist half against westmeat.It wasnt just he won lots of ball ,he delivered lots of fast ball.Imagine him with Walsh.He would be better again as hed have the work load shared.

.Once management sort corner back and midfield we could in time be a very good side.
    Its not that hard just pick the players that are there for all to see.

If there is a  fit team for Dublin,as the u21s wont be availble with Kerry in that game in March

My team

Halloran,Galvin,cads,cronin,
    Loughrey,gould,clancy,deane,walsh,o rourke collins,hodnett,hurley,doc,goulding.

Shields if fit would replace cronin.That team has pace and mobilty and footballers and is the best suited to playing them in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 onlyway1990

Very good win today. There is a serious panel in place now..

Thinkstoomuch, your opinions of our midfield is a bit ott in my personal view, firstly andrew o'sullivan from what I have witnessed within club football in cork is better than deane and micheal o'laoire, granted both are younger and in time will develop. When matched against walsh in any club game I have seen he has come out on top.

Therefore my question is where are your grievances coming from, I certainly know that I would want o'sullivan with walsh in midfield goin into championship. From my expierence you need ball winners midfield, and this is what these 2 provide, in my opinion I add.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

Everything I have said about Cork the last few months ,have been nailed on the head,i have been spot on and judge what I see.
    A superb win ,and the changes were crucial,cronin and galvin.

.For galvin,they cant.They had to with injuries,again today done everything bar use him until they had no choice.
    The man,and I said It,i didnt sit on the fence,at half time I said here galvin would be fine despite thrown in neck deep.He was superb,look at that fabolus catch he made .
    Hope you were at this Robin hood.

Still dont rate galvin?thrown in to a fire today at half time but he was far from roasted.You ever want an articulate shrewd assement of a player,please ask me ...:|im only having a bit of fun ...remember so take it as that ....just a bit of friendly banter.I was looking around to see a man running on the field to congrulate him ,and tell him you approve :|lol ..same as you wanting to see me ecatisic when john hayes gets a goal against kerry .

But I have seen what many either didnt see or just didnt want to see, regards a lot of players today for some time.

I was indeed,great game,first time i've really seen us pushed pin to collar and respond.

No problem in holding my hands up and saying Galvin when introduced did superbly. Won the first 2 balls when he had no right to win them,he was a bit loose for another 2 that came his way but overall very impressed by him,one swallow never made a summer,dont forget that,but I'm glad to type here that he proved me wrong TODAY,and that i'd gladly have him in the team the next day,and REVIEW it after that ;)

Clearly the biggest winner this weekend is yourself tho,the swelled head you have after calling all these great players and spotting the bad ones must struggle to get through the turnstiles at Pairc Ui Rinn :D

Roll on the Dublin match,stick it to the fcukers :)

How many times do I have to say this,nop personal criticisms or over the top me arse.Come on lads this is intercounty football,.

Jesus chr**tway people go on here cody and davy fitz shouldnt manage.

Complete and utter bull.Am I not allowed criticise lad??where did I get presronal??no where ,i said many time here he has a great attuide and commitment but lacks the kickpassing and final ball.

Before you go all snow white lad ,i recommend strongly you go to other forums of cork footballers and look at what they say.Most are in majority ,deane was excellent and sullivan isnt up to it.I dont post on other forums had a quick look tngt ,and most what I say is said there.Have a look ,are all those being personal.No ,just judging a player on the field of play ,take that away from fans and they wont go to games.

I tell you what my agenda is lad.I dont give a f**ck where a player is from,i want to see the best 15 cork men on the field to win us the all ireland.The reason we have 7 ,is people like have this attuide,dont critise he tries hes beast so be it .Wake up man with respect lad.

Kieran shannon excellent writer said more less that loughanne when he judged stack with clare,that he had wonderful traits as a person but that doesnt mean he has the tools to be a success and he just wasnt the right fit for clare.I hold the same value when I judge players.
    The last two week I had to put up with the same rubbish ,i was bias with mcloughlin ,hayes you name it.I had the same when I crticcised cussen,naughton last year.

Im a north cork man ,lot of close ties with kanturk,but past and present lad with gaa teams,you think for one damn minute I wouldnt want them to have a lad do well.Of course I would ,but I dont do club loyalty when it comes to cork.

Like cussen,naughton ,i was proven 100 per cent right.same with mcloughlin and I was gutted he was exposed,glad he was taken of and saved a roasting,but no lads wants to. See a player out of hes depth play in a game he cant.Thats awful to watch.

You probably havent an idea,but o sullivans mother is from kanturk .Sullivan family are steeped in gaa,hes uncles is minor managher with cork donal

He is a tremedous club player.Thats it.You are totally wrongs to tell me ,he was better than deane.Ffs are you serious.How many balls did he waste?had 3 awful wides.

Why was he taken of lad????why did deane last a full game.Why oh why did most fans on forums say deane was very good.??

Why did john fintan daly say Deane was excellent and mcloughlin,rember daly is even a duahllow man ,say in 103fm that he had a great game and mbloughlin was in real bother.Bring head phones the next day ,and listen not to the commentary but dalys post match anaylis.He is always honest to the core.

Sullivan had numerous chances in 08 and 10 with cork.Is sullivan the best midfielder bar walsh in cork.No way.

Deane got on the cork club team of the year ,at h forward voted by cork journalists.Why oh why??

He is that good.Today now lad,was hes debut .He was great and hadnt walsh as a partner.
    Butcher had that luxury against poor teams and couldnt stand out.

This is the same rory deane ,on a beaten cork u21 team in 2012 held hes own against the dubs,the same deane that destroyed maher and moran in the mgrath cup for tralee it ,on a beaten team.

The same Deane that captained junior team ,and superb with laoire at junior all ireland against kildare in the final.All year he was super.

Deane is well in contention.

I dont do personal lad ,i go to sh** loads of games ,what I do is hard,straight player assement ,cause I want cork to win all irelands and I judge them on the field of play.
    Cork gaa deserves and is a better place if such honesty was given and it would right many of the wrongs present.

As decho said in hes wonderful piece,a lot of lazy ,articles like tompkins one ,are same old,say it for the sake of it.

Anything I say,i dont,say with a one line sentance,i back it up with Real fact.
    Have you any idea what a modern midfield Must do?what good is two ball winners and none that can deliver quick fast ball in to the forwards .what is cian o sullivan?james carthy?
    They are key men in delivering an accurate kick pass.Can sullivan do that??now before you say yeah.have a real think about it please,and back up your answer with examples agaiest top opposistion.

Just to be clear,are you saying you would start sullivan over deane???
    Walsh isnt the greateast kickpasser has a bit to go yet,only for counihan he would be now.And you want Sullivan.

In todays paper in re to the rubgy match Neil francais said in relation to  hard working welsh forwards that "Effort is one thing,intelligent application completly different discipline"

What a quote,no wonder he won the sports journo of the year.Ruthless analyism.And that before you cry wolf,isnt awful he is just doing a job.

That quote sums Sullivan in a nutshell.Countless time I said and applauded hes effort.Before you judged my post you should have kept that in mind.

Is the intelligant application he fails in that purely as a footballer he is too slow,one dimenshoal approach play,and didnt take the right options.3 awful hail mary wides.Give it air,and hope it goes over.

The other word in that quote,application he lacks ,in that he cant apply an accurate kick pass.
    So in summary so im clear your saying sullivan over deane?

And how do you rate Sullivan today?

I said at half time he needed to come off and galvin would do fine and we win the the match.I didnt wait for the luxury of hindsight.

Do you think sullivan can compete against the o sheas,mcauley,mccarthy,moran ,buckley ,bradley etc???.I wish he could but he cant.

And your club football argument is incorrect with respect ,how did deane make cork club team of the year?where was andrew ?

And he outplayed walsh ??when and where please ?
    He will have difficulty if he ever had to face sean dinneen ,or daniel o donovan or even kenneth fitzgrearld.They can kick a ball for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

How many times do I have to say this,nop personal criticisms or over the top me arse.Come on lads this is intercounty football,.

Complete and utter bull.Am I not allowed criticise lad??where did I get presronal??no where ,i said many time here he has a great attuide and commitment but lacks the kickpassing and final ball.

Before you go all snow white lad ,i recommend strongly you go to other forums of cork footballers and look at what they say.Most are in majority ,deane was excellent and sullivan isnt up to it.I dont post on other forums had a quick look tngt ,and most what I say is said there.Have a look ,are all those being personal.No ,just judging a player on the field of play ,take that away from fans and they wont go to games.

I tell you what my agenda is lad.I dont give a f**ck where a player is from,i want to see the best 15 cork men on the field to win us the all ireland.The reason we have 7 ,is people like have this attuide,dont critise he tries hes beast so be it .Wake up man with respect lad.

Kieran shannon excellent writer said more less that loughanne when he judged stack with clare,that he had wonderful traits as a person but that doesnt mean he has the tools to be a success and he just wasnt the right fit for clare.I hold the same value when I judge players.
    The last two week I had to put up with the same rubbish ,i was bias with mcloughlin ,hayes you name it.I had the same when I crticcised cussen,naughton last year.

Im a north cork man ,lot of close ties with kanturk,but past and present lad with gaa teams,you think for one damn minute I wouldnt want them to have a lad do well.Of course I would ,but I dont do club loyalty when it comes to cork.

Like cussen,naughton ,i was proven 100 per cent right.same with mcloughlin and I was gutted he was exposed,glad he was taken of and saved a roasting,but no lads wants to. See a player out of hes depth play in a game he cant.Thats awful to watch.

You probably havent an idea,but o sullivans mother is from kanturk .Sullivan family are steeped in gaa,hes uncles is minor managher jim .

He is a tremedous club player.Thats it.You are totally clueless to tell me ,he was better than deane.Ffs are you serious.How many balls did he waste?had 3 awful wides.

Why was he taken of lad????why did deane last a full game.Why oh why did most fans on forums say deane was very good.??

Why did john fintan daly say Deane was excellent and mcloughlin,rember daly is even a duahllow man ,say in 103fm that he had a great game and mbloughlin was in real bother.Bring head phones the next day ,and listen not to the commentary but dalys post match anaylis.He is always honest to the core.

Sullivan had numerous chances in 08 and 10 with cork.Is sullivan the best midfielder bar walsh in cork.No way.

Deane got on the cork club team of the year ,at h forward voted by cork journalists.Why oh why??

He is that good.Today now lad,was hes debut .He was great and hadnt walsh as a partner.

This is the same rory deane ,on a beaten cork u21 team in 2012 held hes own against the dubs,the same deane that destroyed maher and moran in the mgrath cup for tralee it ,on a beaten team.

The same Deane that captained junior team ,and superb with laoire at junior all ireland against kildare in the final.All year he was super.

I dont do personal lad ,i go to sh** loads of games ,what I do is hard,straight player assement ,cause I want cork to win all irelands and I judge them on the field of play.
    Cork gaa deserves and is a better place if such honesty was given and it would rig.gt many of the wrongs present.

As decho said in hes wonderful piece,a lot of lazy ,articles like tompkins one ,are same old,say it for the sake of it.

Have you any idea what a modern midfield Must do?what good is two ball winners and none that can deliver quick fast ball in to the forwards .what is cian o sullivan?james carthy?
    They are key men in delivering an accurate kick pass.Can sullivan do that??now before you say yeah.have a real think about it please,and back up your answer with examples agaiest top opposistion.

Walsh isnt the greateast kickpasser has a bit to go yet,only for counihan he would be now.And you want Sullivan.

In todays paper in re to the rubgy match Neil francais said in relation to  hard working welsh forwards that "Effort is one thing,intelligent application completly different discipline"

What a quote,no wonder he won the sports journo of the year.Ruthless anayism.And that before you cry wolf,isnt awful he is just doing a job.

That quote sums Sullivan in a nutshell.Countless time I said and applauded hes effort.Before you judged my post you should have kept that in mind.

Is the intelligant application he fails in that purely as a footballer he is too slow,one dimenshoal approach play,and didnt take the right options.3 awful hail mary wides.Give it air,and hope it goes over.

The other word in that quote,application he lacks ,in that he cant apply an accurate kick pass.

I said at half time he needed to come off and galvin would do fine and we win the the match.I didnt wait for the luxury of hindsight.

Do you think sullivan can compete against the o sheas,mcauley,mccarthy,moran ,buckley ,bradley etc???.I wish he could but he cant.

And your club football argument is incorrect with respect ,how did deane make cork club team of the year?where was andrew ?

He will have difficulty if he ever had to face sean dinneen ,or daniel o donovan or even kenneth fitzgrearld.They can kick a ball for starters.
    Brilliant stuff, keep it coming, as a fan who can only get to the odd game this is just the type of analysis I need to read. Everyone doesnt have to agree with everything you say. At this level we need some brutal honesty.

It takes a good man to admit he was wrong.Fair play.

Look ,its not about me being right ,its what is good for Cork football,at the end of the day.

Believe me I get no joy in any cork lad being roasted and ,thats why I hope he doesnt start against top teams as its wrong to ask a guy do a job he cant.Its not hes fault,its management if they pick him.He trys hes best no question.

No big head,here ,i dont do egos ,just are betrayed at times as the bad guy and being too harsh.All I want is the best for cork lad.

And yes I agree galvin was loose at times,and wont get away with that v the dubs.
    What do you think of the chances on march 1st?

What you make of brian o driscoll
    Would you play him half forward or half back against kerry at u21?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

You probably havent an idea,but o sullivans mother is from kanturk .Sullivan family are steeped in gaa,hes uncles is minor managher with cork donal

He is a tremedous club player.Thats it.You are totally wrongs to tell me ,he was better than deane.Ffs are you serious.How many balls did he waste?had 3 awful wides.

Cork gaa deserves and is a better place if such honesty was given and it would right many of the wrongs present.

What a quote,no wonder he won the sports journo of the year.Ruthless analyism.And that before you cry wolf,isnt awful he is just doing a job.

Excellent analysis there thinkstoomuch. That why I love having you here on this forum. Keep up the good work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement