Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

PSN:My apologies for the long post in advance,but i said i would try and raise the profile of these lads ,as Cork Minor Hurling in the past has been the forgotten Cornerstone of Cork Hurling in the past .Information is always key to raising a profile.So my geuine aplogies if it too long,i do believe it is worth the read though,simply for the only Reason as its about Cork Hurling,and that is always worth a read.

Pull out a chair,boil the Kettle,and bring out the Jaffa Cakes.They give you energy,and ye will need it to read this.

There is at least 6 lads if not more,in my Personal opinion that are destined for Cork Senior team ,injury free in the future on this panel.It is hughely imporant Cork Minor Hurling is seen as vital,and a bigger fan base at matches always helps young lads.For Cork to truly Turn the Tide,Minor teams have a huge ,huge part to play.In a way Minor is the foundation ,any future consant success is based on.
    The rule change that you must be 16 or over is not implemented til January next year.

The Cork 2014 Minor Hurling Panel

I may be wrong with 1 or 2,(if anyone can confirm that would be great,what I was told is these are named out of close to 30 lads..We had 32 in last year,panel of 24,8 on the extended panel.

A lot of top hurlers did not make it but I would not rule them out in the future with Cork,in particular one Glen Rovers lad,as illness,injuries etc are always a risk for the current bunch.

The likes of Dan landers for example played Senior,in the Red fm league against Newtownshandrum,the weekend and got two points,but i was told won a load of ball.Ian Cahill,I thought was a shoe in,and rate him a potential senior,but I couldn't argue with those ahead of him.He is with the u17 this year,and I have no Doubt in the Eugene Carey Tournament in September he is a vital cog to Corks bid to continue there dominance in this tourament and to regain there Crown,they won so splendidly last year,and brought real Pride,Honour and the Cup to Leeside.

There's a few that may be called up and still will be mointored.In November there was a premlinary list of around 63 named,but they over the winter looked at over 100 players.They left no stone unturned.

ARRON STAFFORD Aghada.-member of Midelton Harty Cup team -and Rice winning cup teams.A top defender,very classy hurler,great hands,as been superb at centre back for Ahaghad,could play at midfield also.Could not start for Midelton in the Harty,thas more down to the excellent defence they had with the likes of Ian Cahill,Mark O keoffe,Seadna Smith etc.

JOHN LOONEY Aghada member of the Dean Ryan winning team,can play midfield.,or at corner forward.Hughely instrumental for the Dean Ryan cup winning team .Against Thurles,Blackwater and Ard scoil ,he got a total of 2-4 in there 3 games,and there was two games he played at midfield.When Garan Manley could not start,went in corner forward and got a goal in 3 against Ard scoil in the final.Feautred in some Harty Cup games.He is fast,hard working,covers ground,versalite ,and can score.

PATRICK COLLINS Ballinshaig U21 keeper last year,minor plays out field for club.This club has produced some gems as keepers in the past Martin Coleman snr and Junior, the legacy goes on.He has to be patient as Nash bar injury has another 5 years at least,and Mccarthy is next up.Has a job on hes hands for a club start,Coleman is still a fine Club keeper for them.He's debut at u21 last year,composed and assured.Could not be faulted for the goals.Could be an u21 for 5 years. Like a cat,in has he Terrific Eyes .

JOE O 'SULLIVAN Ballygiblin-Free taker,and Captain of last years Eugene Carey All-Ireland winning team,and is asuper free taker. He is Strong,but very mobile-Could be a big player for Avondu in future years.

AlAN O'CALLAGHAN Blackrock-Hughely versalite ,played in u21 county final last year,huge talent ,strong and bags of hurling.A lethal forward,can play as a half back,has played on Blackrock county minor winning teams.A member of the Chriost Ri team that got to the Corn ui Mhuiri quater final in football at full forward.Big game expierence.Played last year with Cork at half back,and probably an automatic choice with Alec Luttrell in that unit.

MICHAEL O'HALLORAN Blackrock-Eligble next year won a minor U16 with the Rockies this year,superb at full forward ,got 2-1 from play in the u16 minor final drawn game with Blackrock,and captained them this year to win there 5th u16 title in a row.Another goal in the replay ,ace free taker.A strong ,extremely talented hurler,with sublime skill.A goal machine.Elgance pure elgance,as he glides across the ptich.A real talent.

DANIEL MEANEY Blackrock- Played at midfield with Rochestown in there run to the Harty Cup Semifinal and played on Blackrock teams that won county minor titles in the past,and is a wristy ,fast hurling type of player,strong on the ball,good delivery.

DARREN CASEY Chareville-a dual player,with the Football panel earlier this year -very good in the Harty Cup.A good midfielder that is well able to score.Had a superb outing against Doon and battled gamely against Cummins and Man of the match Michael Dee in the harty cup quater final loss to Doon in the Gaelic Grounds and did not look out of place.Has Lots of Hurling.

JERRY O'NEILL Courcey Rovers-a huge force with Hamilton winning the Callaghan cup and getting to the semi final of the Harty.
    Farming background,similar to Timmy Mac,hes strong,athletic,great worker and can win ball.Anywhere in the half forwards ,played midfield for Hammies.A starter I would imagine for Courcey at Senior in the Championship,working under John Meyler there will improve he's skills.Im not a 100 per cent he is on the panel.Was told he was.A free spirit type of hurler,looks lazy,but far from it,does a ton of unseen work in games.A work horse.

DIARMUID BUCKLEY-Dromina
    Can play in the half back line,where played in a challenge at left half back against Ard Scoil Ris,and was awesome,lorded in the air,that was around the time the panel was cut in February,and got a superb goal in that he cut in at an angle and at pace, and two points ,and also could play midfield,that performance I posted back then was senasitonal,and he deserves to be on the panel.

SHANE KINGSTON-Douglas super dual player.Can play half forward or midfield.Can score long range points.Has excelled at underage,and was super for Douglas in many games .He is a dual player and won a minor u16 title with Douglas in the football this year.

MARK DOLAN -Douglas.A Super forward,excelled at club at both minor and u21 last year.Played as a sub at senior,and likely to start for Douglas this year .Douglas have a huge chance to win a county the next few years,he will have a majior part in that.

In  the u21 game against the Barrs before Xmas,the goals galore game that had 10 goals , he got 2-1 from play and likewise with Roceshetown in the Harty Cup has and been superb.
    He has excelled at Rochestown getting 1-6 of the 1-13 against Thurlers ,has a touch ,that is no exaggeration in that,its as good some  inercounty players ,better than most senior lads.He doesnt even look at the ball at times,hurley like a magnent in the way its holds that sliothar in a vice grip.Great hands,super feet.If he gets ball,and has target men to play of,he is unmarkable on hes day .Great leader for such a young man.In mallow the final was over he was constanly telling the rest to mark up.He is super from frees.Has the potential to go all the way ,that good and will get better with good coaching in Cork teams.

Very like Joe Deane, often with a yellow helment also.A year ago I would have said that type of player was extinct in the modern game, but Podge,o donnell,etc showed its far from it.
    In watching "Tots"with clare,he is no bigger than Mark and he is with clare.Im a huge fan of Dolan saw him that day in Mallow,oozed class.Codys farcial suggestion to get back to the old system ,and do away with red and yellow would make these players extinct,so Hurling Must protect these type of players.Next year,no way will they change the rules.

DECLAN DALTON Fr. O'Neills-another super keeper,just 16,has starred as a centre forward for club,and can play either.Great hand,and eye for a keeper,and thats why he is good at centre forward.Intelligent hurler.
    In the County u16 final,he got 10 points in the 1st game,and was able to hold hes own against a talent like John cashman,brother of Niall,son of Jim,who plays with rochestown at 3.Got 1-3 in the minor hurling leauge final against Valley rovers.Excellent free taker ,it shows as a goalie with long or short puckouts that are pinpoint accuary,a recievers dream,straight to the hand ,all they got to do is catch it.

BILLY DUNNE Fr. O'Neills-played in the u16 county final,fast ,nippy,super first touch super pace.Played Harty for Midelton,got 1-1 against Blackwater,Ring knows what a threat he is ,from that game.Got 3 points in that Minor leauge final,yet still at u16 level.In the drawn county final at u16 against  Blackrock he  got 1-3.

Has done super in challenges,2-1 against Ard Scoil.Is available next year.Young lad with a wise head.
    In that county.

EVAN O'CONNELL Glen Rovers- Forward-Glen-full forward.A lethal forward,prolic score,strong,a real Glen Hurler in the mould of Horgan,fast wristy hands,total hurler

SHANE MILNER-Glen Rovers
    Great reader of the game,good in the air ,should be starting for them in the County Championship.That good.Like all Glen men,born and rared on a diet,of 1st touch,fast hurling,is parmount in he's game,and an excellent defender.

Glen would have a fourth ,bar injury to a very good talent that got injured with the Cork minor footballers and did not make the cut there either as a result,Glen Kennfick.Gutted for the lad,wouldnt be suprised to see him involved down the line or at u21 in time.Back Hurling with the Glen.Living In Kilshannig.

DAVID DOOLING Glen Rovers
    Midfielder in this cork team,i Imagine ,fast hurling ,and accurate deliveries ,played in last years U17 tournament in Mallow.

SEAN BOURKE Grenagh-can play half forward or centre back.Strong and physical,good hurling,played and won a county junior with Grenagh and held he's own at half forward.A real worker ,always looking to get involved.Will benfit from playing at a higher level next year with Grenagh in the County Championship.Has played at Centre back in a few challenges,in the Ard Scoil game,showed why great in the air.So much tough oppositon the half back line though.

EOGHAN KINIRY Killeagh St Itas-Cork hurling had a new type of player ,we craved for in terms of a Tomas Mul,Fergal Mccormack,Timmy and Niall Mac, never mind all rolled in to one.Harnedy is that and will get better if injury free.Power,pace,strength,brave,works hard,plenty of hurling ,and can look after himself.
    When I saw Kiniry at the u17,tournament ,i saw a younger very similar lad so to Harnedy ,not that hes from killeagh,the same land as well,but he has huge potential.Has a lot of work to do but like Harnedy,has a tremedous attuide and appetite for work .I posted then ,here ,I asaw a real talent.Not a day goes by where that belief grows.Met one former Intercounty Cork hurler last night, he was passing through,said he would go drop in to the u21 match.He told me Kinery he belives,is the Real Deal.

Played Harty Cup with Midelton,started in the Senior county for killeagh.Great free taker.
    In the u17 tournament in Mallow and against Ard scoil,5 from play ,he was awesome to watch,strong ball winner that knew when to run,when to play the ball in or when to go for the score.A huge talent.Has raw power and pace,havent seen any Cork minor with that in recent times bar Cahalance since Walsh and Sheehan in 08.A lot of work to do still to reach the top,but there isnt a young lad in the country that does not have work on he's game to do.Played the weekend in a Senior league game again with Killeagh,two points.

SEAN HAYES Mallow-last years panel ,superb for Mallow,been on the intermediate scence,great target man and can play 11 or 15 and score.A great hand and able to mix it.
    Got 1-1 against Fermoy for Mallow,coached by Denis Ring ,in the u21 county ,and laid of a raft of ball.

ALEC LUTTRELL Mallow(cousin Shane likey be on the Tipp set up)A gem,hurl both sides,savage reader of the game,played in the u21 county for Mallow that ran Midelton all the way ,he thundered in to the game in the second half.Very committed,and a super centre back,at home at 5 or 7.Real awarness and can sweep,a great understand and a good hand for the ball.

SEADNA SMITH Midleton-won a Dean ryan cup medal and the Cornerstone for which that defence was built on.So good and versalite,played and superb ,at corner back in the Harty cup.Held the highely rated Jack rendergast of Blackwater to a total of 3 points over both games in the Dean Ryan Semifinal and Harty group game at centre back(1) and Corner back (2)in the Harty game.

Held the highely rated ,Michael  Connors to a point from play in the Dean Ryan cup game with thurles at centre back.
    Then against Ard Scoil in the Dean final,he was put back  to full back to man mark Ace,Conor Houlihan Na Piarsaigh,there is the main man.He is a player than adapats to any role,and can do a horses for courses if needed.He has super focus and discpline and ,is always a step ahead of hes attacker ,in speed of mind and foot.

.Held Houinhan to a point.Hes equally  versailte at 3 or 6,or corner back ,very much a top gun,in man marking,and if theres a key man to mark,stand up Mr. smith.
    When you talk about him,hes very similar to Brian murphy.Tough,fast,super hurling,but that temperament to sacfrice hes game ,and do a job for the team.Huge potenital.

DAYNE LEE Na Piarsigh-on the panel last year,strong on the ball,loads of hurling.Has a great touch ,and a real swagger the way he plays.Played u21 for club this year in the championship.

EDDIE GUNNING Na Piarsigh-Na Parisaigh had Darren Mannix,at full a stalwart for club down the years,only for the Rock would have played for Cork,then Gardiner at centre back in 2001 minor final a super half back.

Gunning is in that line,strong,a real prescence,and forceful,tough,great in the air,great clearance could play 3 or 6,,trained with the Senior at club,will be starting and groomed for full to replace Mannix in time.This is another line of top quailty underage full backs,in Cork coming through.
    He is the next huge prospect as a defender.I believe he even has helped coached the much younger generation at Na piarsaigh.Hes devotion so young sounds similar to Sean Og at he's age.Talking to a current Na piarsaigh player at a North Mon v Castletroy harty cup match,and this lad is highly thought of .He has a brother Daniel too worth watching with Cork Development teams.A real cocky,confident hurler.Just what Cork need.

LUKE MEADE Newcestown-super with Newestown in a county u21,and at minor,a colouss for Hamilton against Dungarvan and Ard Scoil,two man of the match displays.An articulate reader of the game,time and again he made vital interceptions,in that game.
    Outside of Michael Cahalane,would be in the running with Chris O leary,and Michael Macsweeney as Hamiltons best player in the Harty Cup.

Great energy,and very fast hurling,super hands and can score.Tough and can hurl in hail rain(last two games proved that)or snow.You don't have to give him the ball,he goes looking for it.A real leader and with Hammies again next year.
    Can play at left half back also,and could do a job for Cork in there if needed.
    He hardly will be confined or needed as a corner forward but has played u16 for club there and Hamilton and when they won the Kinnane cup in 2011,Munster B,he got a goal there against Castletroy.
    Best position is half back or midfield though.
    In the Munster B football final last Friday,he when the need was greatest got a last minute goal for Hamilton to draw the match .A big game player.

SHANE O'BRIEN St. Catherine-Very fast ,lots of hurling,so good played intermediae in the forwards in the county championship.Has the expierence of last year,Ring knows him well,had him at blackwater cbs.
    Came back from an awful injury in the harty cup.Tremendously brave,and resilent.

PAUL LEPOLD Sarsfields-very light footed good touch but has a super delivery of a ball.

CIAN WALSH St Finbarrs-tight corner backand fast,gave nothing away in Mallow that day for Cork.Played with Chriost Ri in the Corn U Mhuiri in the football.

OLLIE DEMPSEY Youghal (senior with Youghal in the Club championship
    A very good forward,very robust,can hold hes own,has bite and cut but as with Youghal showed,can score and play full or in the corner.Got a goal in the Munster Club final I was at in Mallow against Ballina .
    He went to half back that day and was superb.Versailty of him is a huge bonus .

CHRIS O'LEARY-Valley Rovers and Hamliton.Superb against St Flannans,Dungarvan and Ard scoil(no blame for the goal,such atrioucus weather like trying to cath a block of ice and hold it from the Drop of the Eiffel tower)impossible to blame a lad for not catching it.A super sweeper,great presence,brave,long clearance,lots of hurling that he has played and scored from midfield for Valley rovers.Hes late block down in the Harty quater final against Dungarvan,typifed him,you may get past but him doesnt mean you will still score.Never beaten.
    Sum array of talent and savage competiton in the defence particulary the half back line.

A BREAKDOWN OF THE CORK PANEL
    I am very excited with the minors this year,management,training,style of play and the talent.A few lads that did not make it may still be called up down the line with injuries etc .

I could not say there is unlike past times that there even one player that is not up to the level on the Panel,as each has there own very strong aeras,and while there is a Very strong argument and No debating that some very good players did not make it ,the guys that took there spot are just as good as them and you can only pick 30.Some of the calls,i'd say versailty had a huge bearing.In the case of full bull back and full forward,two East Cork men I would have had as bankers to make it,but the lads that did ahead can play in a variety of positons.

There is a lovely balance of expierence from last year minors(O ,Callaghan,O Brien,Collins.Bourke,Hayes,Lee,Gunning were on the panel,some started, there is a lot of the u17 all ireland winning team from Mallow from that A and B panel that Saturday in lovely sunshine,Cian walsh,Alec luttrell,Darren Casey,Eoghan Keiniry,Capt ,Joe o sullivan,Mark Dolan(man of the match I felt in the final against Kilkenny)Daniel Meaney,Dayne Lee ,Eddie Gunning  ,Kevin O Donovan,Jerry O Neill,Arron Stafford,Sean Bourke,Sean Hayes, and Ollie Dempsey . Dempsey was on the B team ,it shows how he's progress was monitored and rewarded.

HARTY CUP INFLUENCE:
    Most of Those lads bring in a winning culture from last year. Ollie Dempsey did not play with Cork A team ,but he has a Munster Medal with Youghal at Intermediate and will be playing senior against Newtown,come the County championship.He will be playing at the top level in Cork ,in what will be a very competive county championship next year.

There is  some eligble for next year that will gain huge valuable expierence from this year.Michael O Halloran,Declan Dalton ,and Benny Dunne are u16 for example that played in a u16 Rebel Og county final against each other,in Fr O Neills v Blackrock.

Seadna Smyith played u16 and a half in the Dean Ryan Cup  ,and John looney also with Midelton.Shane Kingston is eligble for another 2 years also.

A good blend of the Hamilton,Rochestown Harty cup and Midelton Dean ryan cup winning teams,lads used of winning in the panel with diverse age groups.There is a lovely mix in the panel.
    Okay the fact they have not won a Harty is there ,but ,the fact they played Harty Cup is a huge benfit to them.

Some of the Harty cup games,like I said in theHarty Cup match previews are inter county intensity such is the organisiton,preparation and intensity of Limerck schools.
    The Rock said when he won a Harty with Midelton in 95,it was huge benfit to him and the level was even then better than intensity than at intercounty.
    Cork won Harty cups with North Mon in 94,Midelton in 95 and colmans 96 and 97.

Cork won the minor hurling All Ireland in 95,with JBM,that started the reveloution within Cork,7 years to the last minor win,in that had u21 success 97 and 98 and then senior in 99,to win Corks 1st All Ireland since 1990.Clare had two Munster Minor titles ,ran a highley rated Kilkenny all the way to a point in the 2009 All Ireland Final,that was built on with 3 of the last 4 U21 All Irelands,and then Senior.Minor is the where it all starts ,the Rock a Castle can be built on

12 of that 95 Cork team played Harty Cup.Talent is fine at a young age but Confidnce is crucial.
    The Harty cup of Colmans triumph in 96 and 97 had a benfit to the all ireland winning 98 minor team.
    The 2006 harty cup Midelton winning team in which Pebbles was captain had the same effect,Cork Minors winning the 2006 Munster Title and getting to an All Ireland Final in 2007.

Mideltons Dean Ryan Cup win,Hamilton and Rochestown getting to the semifinal against two powerhouses in Ard Scoil and Doon is good for the lads.Both teams had great wins against the odds along the way.

A lot of this panel has played top level hurling in the Harty and Dean Ryan Cup and done well as indivudals in those games against intercounty stars ,the cream of talent in Tipp,Clare,Limerick and Waterford.The Cork teams havent won a Harty this year ,but the indivuals all done well ,in the Dean Ryan Cup and in last years u17 All Ireland win ,the lads have expierenced winning.

Looney,Smith,Meade,Dunne,Kiniry,Stafford,O Leary,Dolan ,Meaney ,Kingston,Shane o Brien have for example have all done well in this years Harty Cup indivually,and have expierenced top level hurling.
    As a group,its likely we will get a very strong Cork 15 with a strong bench.All what I mentioned there is just the same with Limerick though a lot of there lads have huge expierence of Harty and Dean ryan cups and a share will have a harty cup medal ,as its an all limerick final.The Limerick minor county finals with Doon and Na Piarsaigh have been of a high standard as a Result.

A majority of these lads played in u21 county finals,senior or intermediate expierence with there clubs,and there higehly regarded of and came up through various underage teams

Its a two year management term,and its good to have an eye on next year.A management with a clear vision,forward thinking,upwards and onwards in regards ,Denis Ring,Mark Landers and John O dywer and Liam Martin.

Whatever happens Cork minor hurling will be in a hughely better place at the end of that two year term.Hope fully at least two of that management team would move up to u21 and the Rock etc ,if succesful move to minor. If you have Natural progression with succesful managers,you can only be successful.

.What a management team they are blessed to have.Thats the key, we dont just have raw talent ,but hope the management get lucky.Denis Ring has won All ireland minors with Cork as Coach in 2001,the last win,when Tomas o Leary ,lifted the cup,and had tremendous success with Colmans.
    John O Dwywer has put huge work in schools level at Ballincollig and has done good work at minor there.

Mark landers won the u17 all ireland last year and had huge success with the lads at u16 in 2012 ,the B team won there tournament ,the A team just beaten by a limerick team in the u16 all ireland semifinal in Nenagh by a point, that had ten lads involved with the minor team last year that won Munster and got to an All ireland semi final.That Limerick team hammered Galway in the final 3-20 to 8 points.They done the same to Antrim.Tippy beaten by two points.Cork was their hardest game.They dont have Joe Quaid ,a lot of limerick people rate him as a young coach.

LIMERICK:

The limerick team should Cork meet them in the semi final should have around ten or 11 from last year,and from that U16 panel,Cian lynch,Ronan lynch,Barry Nash (cousin of Anthony,easily to pick out with the Red helmet)Jamie Porter ,Sean Finn,Edward Doyle,Lorchan Lyons,Colin Ryan,and Tom Morrisey and Andrew la Touch Cosgrave.

La Touche Cosgrave,Nash,Lyons,Doyle,Morrisey got to the kinnane cup final with Castletroy,but played Harty Cup with the school and also some of the lads would be familar with Lee,and Gunning as they beat North Mon in a Harty Cup group game I was at in Mallow last Autumn,that they won rather handy against a more youthful North Mon Ag.

Cian O brien,Cian and Ronan lynch are all with Ard O Scoil who are in the Harty Cup final ,and then Shane o Connell a half forward or half back is with Doon in the Harty cup this year.

Ronan lynch played with Na Piarsagh Seniors against Portunma in the All ireland Club Semifinal ,and showed why he is the Munster young player of the year,two superb sideline cuts.He got one against Templemore too in the harty and was unreal in the Harty semi final against the Hamilton from place balls.He like many of that Limerick panel is hughely versatile ,and is at home at centre back ,or midfield where he dominated games in the Harty Cup ,or as he proved with Limerick ,and Na piarsaigh,can play full forward too.Got two goals as a forward in that u16 All Ireland Final against Galway.Its hes third year as a minor having been in 2012 and 2013.

Cork are wise to have u16 lads there as limerick led the way,as once they dont reduce the age limit to 17,they will have huge expierence in 2015,etc the likes of Dunne ,Looney,smith etc

Kevin Daly is highely rated in Na Piarsaigh and so is Conor Houlinan ,(mentioned him re dean ryan cup)likely to be on the panel,with Brian Fanning also in contention ,he went with Rubgy last season but was training with the panel in the winter and is a fine hurler.Doon are sure to have a few more on the panel after winning the u16 county last year.

That Limerick panel strong player wise is complimented by Eamon Cregan and Jerry Wallis two proven men at the highest level and winners at management or coaching level in terms of senior all irelands.Cregan has done wonders With Mary I also.They train in the North Campus Ul ,astro turf,a complex fit for any proffessional team.Cork ,have the same luxury ,though they use the fantastic CIT facilites ,and Mallow has been used also where strength and conditioning training has taken place ,and challenges matches also have been played there and around the county.Limerick underage Hurling is a powerful force now ,as Ard Scoil and Doon in an all Limerick Harty Cup Final proves.
    Thats the ist all county final,since 94,North Mon and Midelton,and Limerick are the only County outside of the Rebels to have two teams in the final.

They have teams contesting the A final and won it ,and in the B,C.D Munster Schools Finals also this year .That didn't happen,just cause they got lucky.They made it happen and continue to do so with help and investment from County board,Dublin branch of Limerick Supporters club,local people,and also the huge will and work ethic of volunteers from schools ,u14 level up etc.

-A MIXED BAG,A DARK PAST BUT A BRIGHT FUTURE

Cork have not got to a minor final in an all ireland since 2007 beaten by Sheedys Tipp,you thinks thats bad ,we havent EVEN  got to a minor munster tiitle since 2008.Not winning All Irelands is not justbad ,but jesus when a power like Cork at Minor for years cant even compete in Munster,thats Disgraceful.

From 1979 we have just won 5 all irelands in 35 years at Minor.Whats more awful ,is 3 of those,95,98,2001,were in a 6 year gap.The other years we had just 1 in 1979 and1985 awful when you think bout it.The last win was so long ago ,that the next Cork triumph,we can expect a huge crowd to turn out to welcome them home,and The Irish Press Cup will need a passport to enter Leeside,it been 13 years and counting ...,

Every time i hear Johnny Logans,"What another year"i got to hold back the tears,as its 13 with the Minors,and 16 years and counting at u21 without an All Ireland.

Back in 1980 we had 14 All Irelands,and were Kings we were with Tipp who had 14,and we were ahead of Kikenny who had 11.Were now third,as Kilkenny have won 9 since then and are at 20,Tipp have won 5 and are at 19.Were at 18.

The tide is turning at last,thank God.Amen.
    And it is not this old we are Cork ,the Mushrooms sprout last night due to the prayers of every Man,Woman and Child with Rebel blood pumping through there veins,Or Chu Culainn blew a Magic down on Cork Hurling,and we became All Ireland Winners.

Things always happen in life for a reason ,and this reason is from the the work at schools,developement squads that was finally done,some help by the board,but Rebel og is only partly funded,and Volunteers is finally comlimpented by men in charge that actually know what there doing to cultivate and develop the super depth of talent that has always been in Cork hurling.That was the vital thing absent last year,that we have now Astute management in most of the set up.

Talent has been there and underage results prove that ,Eugene Carey u17 All Ireland Final winners 2009 and 2010,beaten by kilkenny in 2011,but won in 2012,2013,beat kilkenny twice.Won the u 16 All Ireland beating a highely rated Waterford team,beat them well again at u17 in a group game,some of those Waterford teams won the Allireland last year.We won the u 16b all ireland in 2012,the Sonny Walsh 2011 u14 titlte.The list goes on.We have competed and won against the Clares,Dubs,Waterford ,Kilkenny at underage at various grades,but our lads progress is hindered at minor ,where the rest go on to bigger and better things,our lads stay static and don't evlove and part of the problem is with management at minor and u21.At lest minor changed this year,and going forward they will oversee minor teams.And the u16s and u15 have good coaches.

Problems remain at u21 structurally,and like other Counties we must have coaches ,selectors that are with the Senior team ,overseeing the u21 team,and a have a huge input like Clare etc,as thats brings stabilty,and structure,and everbody sings of the same hymn sheet in respect,the u21 stlyle is similar to the senior set up ,and the lads get a winning habit ,and get believe from winning at u21,and make the transiston to the Senior grade, a faster and smoother expierence.David Matthews is doing work with the u21 team this year.One step in the right direction,but Many more to take to reach Everest.

I wanted so badly like us all Cork to win the All Ireland,the only drawback is some would jump on that ship ,and say Everything is fine in Cork and paper over the cracks that are still there.

You can get have all the fancy recipes in the world,all the fancy dan ingredients ,but if you have a chef that cant cook,then no one eats the food.Cork had all the ingredients last year but the problem was at management level.

A few people seem reluclant to get excited with this years crop as they feel the hype with last years team was the same after Clare yet we flattered to decieve and fear it could unravel again and understandably have the once bitten twice shy syndrome now with Cork minor hurling.Thats what Cork minor hurling became,a scence inhibited by fears and frustrations,when for years it had the swagger,invincible ,we are Uouchable Mantra .

We stayed static,and every one else evolved.A lot is said others improved ,and we cant be blamed too much .That is true ,others improved,but there are people to blame in not making sure Cork improved also,and Evolved in motion of Time.

Viruses ,wheter in Computers,Internet,Humans,,Fish, Turkeys,Chickens,Ducks,Dogs,Horses,Crocidles,you name it,are extremely hard to Conquer,as they constanly mutate,evolve,become resistant and adapt to news surroundings.
    Cork must become like a Viruses,in that it adapts,evolves,becames super resistant ,and overcomes almost anything.

Limerick should we meet, could beat us,they are one of the best minor teams since there team of 1984,no shame if that happens though.Yes they are Truly that Good.

But away from home we go up with a real chance.I said it hear ,before the Waterford game last year ,I had huge concerns,and I was proven correct unforunately.Last year we had no cohesion,or understanding as a team ,and had no definitive style of play.From the challenges I saw,there is a marked difference this year.I notice even the smallest of things.Add those all together ,it makes a huge difference between winning and loosing.

Anyone that compares this management to last year would want to take the blinkers well and truly off.Like comparing apples with organges.Uncomparable.Bar Frank Flannery the rest are a pale shadow of whats there now.

Rememeber this lark "Ah sure its Cycles,was not our day,never got a bit of luck,ah Cork don't have a divine right to be always winning,look where that got us.5 All Irelands in the last 35 years in Minor Hurling and also 4 U21 hurling all irelands in the last 34 years,a grim statistic,even the eternal optimist has to acknowlege.

To be conservative in foresight,Tradition on its own we relied on, but No Innovation ,is what left Cork Hurling in the Dark ages ,for so long,as people had stale,conserative views instead having a radical,dynamic plan with a vision of Evoloution for Cork Hurling ,to lead us in to the future.
    This time it is different.

MINORS HAVE REAL BELIEF ,NOT UNWARRANTED HOPE

At minor its understandably harder to be Ruthless but Ring and Landers made hard brave calls when you see the talent they left out.With young lads its harder than senior players,but they had to ,do a job at the end of the day.Simple as.

They love Cork Hurling,and know it deserves better.Ring is a deep hurling passionate man,been with countless teams at all levels.
    John O Dywer is the same,he's own career cut short be a serious health condition.He puts that hurt and passion in to coaching.
    Is Landers Passionate??
    "Welcome back to leeside Liam Mccarthy we missed you a lot"in 99.Thats the answer.

Those words still echo in my mind ,along with that Superb Song Fields of Gold that RTE in the Sunday Game played out,looking at all the various teams that won previous All Irelands before Closing it out.
    When i hear the fields of the Gold,i got to hold back the tears,99 comes flooding back.

I have always been a fan of Landers in management ,not I cause just I'm a fan of him,but he like Ring gives me many reasons to believe in them.Kenneally gives me every reason not to believe.
    If this management team ,don't make progress ,at the end of the two years ,I would be the first to say give a new guy a chance ,and call a spade a spade.Its not one rule for him,and another for others.
    Cork Minor Hurling is in a good place at last.And i truly belief GREAT THINGS ARE ON THE WAY WITHIN THE NEXT 2 YEARS.

They are unbeaten as far as I am aware in Challenge matches so far,annihlated Dublin recently.I watched them train briefly In Mallow in the nearest ptich for a bit,tonight before i watched the Cork v Clare u 21 game ,and they were a joy to watch,such intensity and organisiton.It was like being torn between two loves of your life,I did not want to choose The U21s over the Minors but i travelled a long distance primarily to watch the U21 game against the All Ireland Championships.Dying with a flu,and cold and wet , a challenge match or not ,The Champions were in town,i just had to ,had to watch that game.Life is so precious,and Hurling is one of Lifes Greatest Gifts,you never look a Gift horse in the Mouth.

5 weeks and were out lads.
    It is like,remember the song on Sports stadium that splendid Saturday Sports show in the 90s on RTE,its "The Final Countdown....
    It is this this time now for "Cork Minor Hurling"and I Simply can't wait.Hurling,what a life.God I love this game ,with every bone in my body,every breath i take,every step I make.

The Draw is:
    April the 9th ,v Kerry.We should win that,with the greatest respect to Kerry.This should be a morale boosting win.
    June 26th then most likely Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds.A gap of 10 weeks is wrong for both counties having played the 1st round match.It should be looked at.

People yes would rather play Tippereary,but I would rather Limerick ,in go down and take on the Munster Champions in there Home ground.A great test of how much progress is made from last year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seriously long but in depth post - as per usual. I enjoy your undoubted knowledge of Cork GAA in particular and I hope to see more of it during the season ahead.

Might I add - to a couple of earlier posts - of maybe the need to be less aggressive at times, it makes for a better thread, maybe wait till the championship;)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Seriously long but in depth post - as per usual. I enjoy your undoubted knowledge of Cork GAA in particular and I hope to see more of it during the season ahead.

Might I add - to a couple of earlier posts - of maybe the need to be less aggressive at times, it makes for a better thread, maybe wait till the championship;)
    I think TTM1 could be another Eamon Dunphy. Nearly always right, but now and again he's flies off the handle. At least he cares and he is passionate. Just don't go head butting anyone LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

TTM, thanks for that informative post. I like most people in most sports believe that to prosper in the modern era you need well developed (physically & mentally) young players coming thru all the time. Hence Dublin, clare etc doing so well, and dare I say it hopefully cork football. For it should be remembered while cork hurling schools up to this year were uncompetitive in the harty for a while Christ ri and dls macroom maintained a serious challenge on the corn ui mhuiri.
    Hopefully we will see some serious inroads In the munster minor hurling championship this year for the first time since 2008!!! As a city man you might pardon me for my delight to see the big 3 well represented and piarsaigh and douglas also!!!
    To sustain our challenge at senior level we need confident winning young cork hurlers, cit & ucc can only do so much for us in that regard, I feel it will be very hard for jbm et al to replicate a season like 2013. We are now entering 9 years without an all Ireland at senior level, 13 years in minor and incredibly 16 years since an u21 all Ireland - truly appalling statistics for a county like ours but sadly an indictment on how our association has been led with so much apathy over this time.
    Winning an minor all Ireland would be a huge tangible fillip for hurling people in the county, and represent a major boost for rebel og on its challenging work goning forward.
    More immediately any word on whether the great brian murphy is giving it another season? a huge player for cork.

Thanks sean

Its a very long post,and the hardest part and longest is trying to edit and leave out parts.Then as i was doing that,i said wait a minute,theres supplent and features done in regards many teams etc different sports,This a bunch of 30 lads,still in school ,that are represting our People,our County,with the weight of history and a huge obstacle in likely limerick away ,they need every fan to go the match that can,and if its in limeribk,a huge limerick crowd go down.

I said ,simply for cork minors i must ,just must do my part raise the profile.No point in a newspaper article doing a feature in days prior to a game,as people have made plans etc and wnt buy in to it.

Hopefully a few will read this,and buy in to my enthusim.Bv is long,as it had be,as people that dnt know me would say,ah just words etc
    I wantf to give the reader,fact on every single player so they could buy in to it,begin to Belive and get behind this team ,and support them.

If that post gets just one cork fan to go to the munster semi that wouldnt went otherwise i am a happy and proud cork man.
    Thanks lad

Fair point ,lads i wont be as contfrontial in future as it is a wonderful thread.I give my word.im a man of my word .

I will be very much ,opinated if need arises.

I will engage diplomatically ,all i ask of some ,is they dont pillar my grammar and spelling.

Shambouc is right my post are very long.And im fine with he saying that.

Its others,nt all here,that have zoned in my spelling mistakes.I just ask they dont.

This post ,was easy bt 20 minutes in thought to put together,i had old programmes mine , that i mark scores,ratings,weather etc ,or when therewasnt a programme a sheet of carboard(marker i use),as in heavy wet . with no stand some ptiches,its to write notes on,as paper crumbles ,carcoard less likely to .
    What took ages is ,for me to make it readable,and i do have odd mistake ,but compared to my other posts,people can read this i hope.

Fao slingerz ,and indie,im going to draw a line under the sand n my behalf and do everything i can ,to get along we ye going forward.

Archer ha ha eammon dunphy ,he is a kilkenny fan

Call me roy keane or gerorge hook both cork men any day of the week :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

TTM you may think this is your personal blog but it's not. I will not be dictated to by you or anyone else on here. You may think you know more, go to more matches etc but I can guarantee you that you have never been as involved in GAA as I have.

I will give my opinions on players whether you like it or not. If you don't I suggest you use the ignore function that is readily available on this forum

I heard from a few people last few days ,. Brian is going to retire.
    Haset be confirmed ,so i hope its not true.

I heard it last night,again ,of a lad that was involved in coaching a minor team with cork that won a munster title.

On a side note midelton could be without 5 players this year due to emmigration

I offered the hand of friendship ,and it was bitten of.I let you have those digs lads,you do need them,you dont have much else to go on.

And i wont be dicated by the likes of the you,with your snipy ,posts and attack of my grammar and supporting those that do.
    pd

Post your opionin,your entiled to that.Its nothing personal with me,but when you do ,as you do,speak myths,or nonemdse ,i will give my view,and dont take it personal,bv nonense must be exposed as that.

Thanks lad,enlighten me with pearls of gaa wisdom any time.

Erra yeah im sure -,dont try and fool anyone here.What do mean involved in gaa,you follow wtitter and read the paper.

I played it since i was 6,then had to stop ,due to injury.You dnt hear me lauding that sob strory,even do it is true.

I go to more matches,do so much work for two clubs ,know bt gaa than you will ever know.

You go to a lot of matches,i can c that by your photos and updates,and reports of them.Thanks for those,keep up the good work ,and Liam shorten for an All star.

I offered the hand of friendship ,and it was bitten of.I let you have those digs lads,you do need them,you dont have much else to go on.

And i wont be dicated by the likes of the you,with your snipy ,posts and attack of my grammar and supporting those that do.
    pd

Post your opionin,your entiled to that.Its nothing personal with me,but when you do ,as you do,speak myths,or nonemdse ,i will give my view,and dont take it personal,bv nonense must be exposed as that.

Thanks lad,enlighten me with pearls of gaa wisdom any time.

Erra yeah im sure -,dont try and fool anyone here.What do mean involved in gaa,you follow wtitter and read the paper.

I played it since i was 6,then had to stop ,due to injury.You dnt hear me lauding that sob strory,even do it is true.

I go to more matches,do so much work for two clubs ,know bt gaa than you will ever know.

You go to a lot of matches,i can c that by your photos and updates,and reports of them.Thanks for those,keep up the good work ,and Liam shorten for an All star.

Keep living in your own dream world. I've never attacked your grammar or spellings either.

Enjoy living in your own little world the ignore function is becoming active anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Slingerz is as genuine a GAA man as you are TTM in fairness...can recall him posting about some of the Corn ui Mhuirí games recently for sure.

Ye both go to games and have more involvement and interest than most people to be fair. Lets not let it get too messy.

• Advertisement

You did and thanked many of your fan club that I offered the hand of friendship ,and it was bitten of.I let you have ,t sure -,dont try and fool anyone of matches,i can c that by your photos and updates,and reports of them.Thanks for those,keep up the good work ,and Liam shorten for an All star. i wont sleep tonight.Ignore me ,your loss,well and truly, it wont last,as you want info,that you cant get rep twitter the newspatrer,you use my info and probably go around telling people you were there.

By all means you have my permisson ,and least cork gaa knowlege is spread.

I unfortunaley wont ignore your post and when you say keane better deane,.and Liam shorten a cork senior,and close to cork top scoring charts,those myths must be exposed.

Last thur two wks ago i posted the cork team to play laois at 3.wasnt annoced til 8.I think people know who speaks fact and those that speak rubbish.

Slingerz is as genuine a GAA man as you are TTM in fairness...can recall him posting about some of the Corn ui Mhuirí games recently for sure.

Ye both go to games and have more involvement and interest than most people to be fair. Lets not let it get too messy.

One was of twitter,reports were the same.

Your quick to ask the peacemaker,but clear as day you are taking sides.

I offered the hand of friendship,and to move on,you conviently overlooked that kerryman.

You are backseat moderating with respect .

I clearly want to move on,and said that my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyway Cork GAA and so on......................

One was of twitter,reports were the same.

Your quick to ask the peacemaker,but clear as day you are taking sides.

I offered the hand of friendship,and to move on,you conviently overlooked that kerryman.

You are backseat moderating with respect .

I clearly want to move on,and said that my post.

I know neither you nor Slingerz personally, why would I be taking sides? That's my last post on the matter anyway. Lets move on.

I know neither you nor Slingerz personally, why would I be taking sides? That's my last post on the matter anyway. Lets move on.

Thank you..
    Thats all i asked you from the very start and well you know it.

Never asked you not to debate.
    My point is i wasnt the one that rejected the hand of eriendship.

Moving on what you make kerry u21 panel

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Any thoughts on the Corn ui Mhuiri this weekend. Don't know much about Dingle but have seen Macroom a few times this year. After seeing them in the semi final win I think they need to improve tactically. A win would be massive for the school having lost two finals in the last five years.

Presume Dingle are heavy favorites, but you can never really tell with school football.

If any of ye get a chance, try to listen to the first part of Off the Ball from Tuesday 05/03/2014. It broadcasts alot of the speech that Davy gave at LIT. It involves Davy having a frank discussion with the Clare hurlers about their use of drugs. It also involves Davy talking about his own past and being bullied horribly. It really does reveal the human side of Davy. Well worth listening to.

Thanks archer can u put up a link please

Thanks archer can u put up a link please

No problem, Here's a link to the podcast of the full speech that Davy gave to LIT

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/47047/0/davy_fitzgerald_on_bullying_mental_health__alcohol

Here's a link to the first part of Off the Ball where they discuss what Davy said, but not a huge amount extra

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/10/8158/04th_March_2014_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

Thanks archer .soundest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Archer3083 wrote: »
    No problem, Here's a link to the podcast of the full speech that Davy gave to LIT

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/47047/0/davy_fitzgerald_on_bullying_mental_health__alcohol

Here's a link to the first part of Off the Ball where they discuss what Davy said, but not a huge amount extra

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/10/8158/04th_March_2014_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

Amazing speech lads! Very raw and honest!

I have to say I'm a big fan of his nowadays

Blue Magic wrote: »
    Amazing speech lads! Very raw and honest!

I have to say I'm a big fan of his nowadays
    Exactly. Very raw, and he's done a huge amount to help others by giving that speech. Pure honesty and great courage. It really does give you a much better understanding of Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

If Thinkstoomuch want's to start up a blog then it would get a lot of views i can bloody well guarantee you that!Personally myself i think people don't like people who shoot straight and who hold strong opinions.It's no coincidence to see that posts by people who have issues with Thinkstoomuch are thanked by posters who themselves hold a grudge against him.So it seems to me like people are trying to form a clique against him.He has his views and people have their own views but this forum would be all the poorer without his contributions.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Superb audio hears stood on back me head.

Ill try and phost photo had ,that match ptick1,ul v lit,was at it,posted photo fity thread

Dd
    Have a look at dtich,thats where bus parked on castletroy plassey side,you couldnt scipt it,davys me tore like raging bulls through the fence,by trees,and then over ul warm up aera,and warmed up with them .huge statenent of intent,like martin johnson snub of irish president in the red carpet to mary maclese in grand slan 2003.

Like ireland,ul were beaten before the sliothar was thrown in.
    Im a huge fan of davy also archer.

Indie. wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the Corn ui Mhuiri this weekend. Don't know much about Dingle but have seen Macroom a few times this year. After seeing them in the semi final win I think they need to improve tactically. A win would be massive for the school having lost two finals in the last five years.

Presume Dingle are heavy favorites, but you can never really tell with school football.

Dingle will be heavy favourites and rightly so will take a big performance from Macroom. As for improving tactically you could well be right but they have exceeded themselves so far. Can't help but think what could have been if Aidan Moynihan hasn't left for Rockwell College and Rugby.

It is Noel Dunnes final year as principal so I'm sure they will be going all out to win it for him. A lot will depend on Peter Kelleher as he is their talisman at midfield

I have been totally against Dual codes,and did advocate Cuthbhert should laid down the law-but i have read your quote Archer re cuthbhert and point you always stuck to,he had to earn players respect ,before he could force there hand,and i am beginning to agree and see your point,and if im honest its hard for cuthbert to do that without winning.

I was too against dualism,and im man enough to admit it clouded my judgment in that dualism wasnt Totally cuthberts call , he had to play ball ,and a lot others were pushing that idea hin that gavin had won an up an u21 all ireland with dublin,cuthbert couldnt dicate totally,but the win after dublin does give them a belief,and that with a league semifinal very much a realistic target,he nows knows that it could clash with hurling big games ,and he can tell and convince the players,he wants all hands got to go to the wheel,as the footballers have a real chance in the league.

I think its no secret ,the board were behind it,so he would have had to entertain it,but now 6 wins in ,getting team play a good style ,he can stand hes ground ,as the board cant sack him now .
    Its a good valid point,archer he had to be diplomatic to a point.
    We got away with dualism v kildare,we were very luck that game was a home game.

Cadogan is going to start Saturday ,he will just have had 4 sessions with it ,aprox and Walsh 5 by the wknd ,so it shows how far were of the pace with them.

KILikenny ,tipp , have trained since december ,most lads played at least 6 matches out of the teams 10,11 etc,yet walsh has just one game,cadogan 0,and lads have in some counties ,trained 25 times.

Imagine a lad ,even it offaly case,and he doesnt have to be a star hurler,plays cadogan,whos touch and sharpness is way off ,there is only going to be one winner.

Id say it will be pulled ,the dualism alright .Hopefully cahalane wnt even join up with them.

I dont have the cork intermediate team , as wasnt at it .
    What i do know is the set up is flying,playin Cork u21 in two weeks ,and meant to be lining up a game with clare in the coming weeks,likely mallow or charveille i imagine.Not confirmed at all.

What i can confirm was Seamus lawton and Pat hayes ,definetly and i thinkJerry leinhan were ther Monday ,in attendance at U21 game making notes ,and throwing there eye of some players.

Great to see,that the intermediate lads are taking a lot of games ,and i said it before ,and i say it again liam hayes and lawton etc are shrewd hurling ,and i believe a Munster title is realistic to believe.

Can anyone confrim ,if you played intermediate last year ??club but playing senior this year ,like Alan frahill o connor with youghal,is he eligble for intermediates this year,and Cooper.

Frahill o connor is ot til june injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

The criterion for playing intermediate is that you can't have played in SHC for a club in previous year. Youghal players are eligible but Ballinhassig ones are not

slingerz wrote: »
    Dingle will be heavy favourites and rightly so will take a big performance from Macroom. As for improving tactically you could well be right but they have exceeded themselves so far. Can't help but think what could have been if Aidan Moynihan hasn't left for Rockwell College and Rugby.

It is Noel Dunnes final year as principal so I'm sure they will be going all out to win it for him. A lot will depend on Peter Kelleher as he is their talisman at midfield

You're probably more familiar with DLS than I am, but haven;t they come from C level all the way up competing in A (and winning) in the last 10 years? That's some work in fairness. Not sure who's behind most of the coaching but they deserve huge credit.

Is Aidan Moynihan that good a footballer? Saw him last year and he looked quick but not hugely skilled..probably being effected by rugby in fairness though. Is he a minor this year by the way?

The criterion for playing intermediate is that you can't have played in SHC for a club in previous year. Youghal players are eligible but Ballinhassig ones are not

Thanks Denis

Frahill o connor be a big loss in may.
    He would have came in to contention.

Cooper,if he is not with the seniors and depending if the minors are still in the championship,Ollie dempsey may if intermediates are still there get a call up.

Leigh desmond should alsog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Thinkstoomuch, great info on the Cork minors/U21s.
    Can't help but feel this yrs minors have it all to do. U17 isn't really a good guide as Cork put way more effort into the Mallow tournament than the other counties. Denis Ring is a big improvement over whats gone before but has underperformed twice in the past as minor management.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement