Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Tippereary are naming there team not til saturday at 1pm,apparently over injuries worries.We have a load of injuries but Cork are naming the team Tommorrow.I may be wrong but it wouldnt suprise if it was mind games-the macgeeney influence,sounds hes style .

There is a full round of county league games and the first round of the u-21 hurling championship taking place tonight and tommorow morning, this together with late fitness test for Mickey Cahill and Bonner Maher are the reasons for the delay in Tipp naming their team, once again your bizzare obsession with the role McGeaney plays within the Tipp set up is miles off the mark.

For the record McGeaney has met Tipp players 3 times in total, the first session was 2 hours and the two subsequent meetings were an hour each.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who is Butcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Hey Slingerz

I welcome debate,but please don't take it as personal when I debate points you make and dissagree with them,whether your a fan of my posts or not,one thing im sure you will acknowlege is I always back up my posts with a lot of facts .

Regarding H uge curran playing all levels for Cork,all being intermedia e,minor,and u21 and senior that is incorrect and this nothing personal but just like you stating sean white didnt start minor for cork when he started 2 games and that it was a disgrace Epihe didnt favour him is a point had to be clarifed,as white started two game,a sub in 3rd and hugely rated by Ephie and co .You were portraying a theme,that not my opionion but facts Proved otherwise .You then posted one game ,as if to prove you were right,didnt post the other two games,i had to ,which clarfied the point .

As you say senior curran didnt sart thats fine.At u21 curran didnt start any games for cork or even sub under lehahy or cleary two great coaches .
    Hes junior record is in 2007,started two ist games,got total 3 points didnt make the remainder teams or subs all ireland winning campaign.
    2008 just started one game,didnt feautre for the rest or in 2009,2010,2011,or 2012, or last year either he certainly didnt start.Sum record to say he should of been a senior then for Cork when the players of a different class were ahead of him even at junior and u21 etc.
    Hes minor record is far for hughely inspiring ,was a sub for one game in 2002.

2003,between ist rounds,rounds robins and qualifers ,played just 4 games .Whats striking is the 1st 3 against Tipp ,limericks he got 6 points total,but against Kerry the real tests didnt too much the 1st game then,wasnt good enough to play against kerry when they met again or start against galway and dublin in quater and semifinal.

Played with cit ,your spot on.Point is and made clear at u21,two all ireland winning managers didnt see him good enough to start or have as a sub.Thats aint true regards he had a falling out with counihan,i was told he had no such thing ,wasnt good enough simple as that.
    At u21 its wasnt like a poor ger fitz not picking harnedy,two asute men ,leahy and cleary didnt pick him.
    Players like Dan coughlan,Seamus. O Sulliuvan,Cian O Roirdan etc ,lads that like Cian great talent couldnt make senior ,(good league game v kerry)ahead of Curran .

Yes club is a gauge for talent but you muSt have realistic high standards or else every club player that has good games would be trialled for cork and we would have a pat kenneally minor hurling fiasco 2 year ago where 250 players etc were trialled,which was a joke and way too many ,and no way had we the game times and personnaelto evalute them realistically.100 etc like landers much better.This isnt Clive Woodwards Lions 2005 touring New zealand .

A club player must be above the rest for cork and curran wasnt much better than the twomeys hes club men,or Cathrach keane who played in a junior all ireland final and more junior game for cork and u212006 all ireland final v mayo.He wasnt good enough re cork seniors but much better than ,curran.

As for hayes ,he was great for cork u21 and like gould young player of year deserved the chance for cork .
    Problem I have is they had 7 or more years of chances and failed ,and the buck has to stop somewhere .

To compare hayes to sugrue or Maceoin is wrong.Sugrue at minor and mac eoin in 2010 final performed ,and at minor ,u21 etc ,and are young men that must be given the same chance hayes got and are 21 not 29 ..I wanted hayes to play for cork.He deserved it ,but like gould hasnt consitstently delivered.
    I take it you werent at two u21 games or were you. So far where maceoin and sugrue with a shoulderinjury have been superb .Curran never done in real games at minor,junior ,or even get u21 game .

Hayes is the past, Sugrue,maceoin the future.And curran wouldnt tie the sholelaces of 2008,2009 cork panel as much as they had weak spots quite simply gould,o neill,mcmahon ,o sullivan,masters,and even cussen ,that say it all were better than curran.

Your entiled to your opinon.Work away.My opinion ,is I dont accept or want cork to play sub standard players at intercounty and I want us to win all irelands and not have another famine of 20 years,players like curran was never near Cork senior standard,29 now No way is he,and Hayes and gould had the talent but failed in over 7 years.

Sullivan I dont rate,but is ten times better than curran as Andrew at least played u21 and was good in the games and captain.He couldnt develop further though.

If we go by club alone ,CLyda should have two great club men Niall o mullane and Buckley etc with cork,to the forefront of Clyda in Munster this year at corner back and midfield.

Simple point is there not good enough to play for cork and Clyda as im sure you will be the 1st to acknowledge are Great team,and done Cork proud .
    We must be realistic and Have high standards or were going nowhere in truth.

You have this view im totally dismissive of other people and thats a picture that is painted and I always believe im right.If you judged my posts ,all trend is I say what Needs to be said,wont go along with a view just cause a paper trys to blind us with ,overblown hype like allen or cause I like a guy or cause its the easier option.
    Re allen I was the only one that didnt glorify him,and I was right ,he would be tactically found out,even some limerick lads agree and I came in lots for criticism here ,but I stood by it ,when everyone said Limerick were going to walk the All ireland.You must judge everything at face value.

I went in to a bookshop once and saw a book ,on the racehorse beef or salmon.Yeah great horse ,and won ten grade 1 in ireland but never won a race outside ireland .Yes its romantic story a horse ,that no one wanted and trained by small time trainer .But to put them down as a Great,and do book him,imo bit far fe tched.A book on Arkle now,or Captin christy,yeah worth it Gold cup winners.Chelthham is test of greatness.I use horse racing as examples as many gaa men are horse racing fans. And vice versa russell ,counihhan,jbm ,jim boldger,colm o rourke etc.
    Nolan the wexford horse trainer,had big winners ,won a junior all ireland v cork hurling in 92 in a replay ,had to retire hurling ,then went to horses.Point is good standards in anything shouldnt be confused with greatness ,same in football and hurling.I cant think of many games against Cork senior players in club game that Curran dominated you say ,check the lad out.

I have strongly advocated ,Cork minors and u21 would fail last year,i was the one that pleaded for caution after a 1st round home win when many here said ,minors at flying.

I said u21 team last year and this year had gre at managenent.Yes I thought we loose as a hometown referee like I said would be ,and we had four injuries .

I again said we had major problems at 3 in senior hurling all year long despite winning and said galway could beat us in the football,everyone said cork to walk it.
    I criticise the board ,when its due ,credit them when they deserve it.
    A lot of people go with the flow,i wont or never will,as in if things are bad I wont glorify them .
    Take the u 21 hurling,its destined to fail,i wont sit on the fence and say it all is fine and lead people here we have false hope and we could win an all ireland when we havent a hope of beating waterford ,and be a hypercrite.Id say it now.

Its not gospel,that I preach as you come to think I do,Im sorry I got to dissagree,its just I dont hold club,divisonal bias,or past reputations ,if something is clearly wrong I say it and wont accept anything but a High standard for cork .If I say a player is good,rarely im wrong.Thats not arrorgance,but my record backs me up and ,its a confidence I have rather than arrogrance in my own judgement.I said it in septemeber white-bud,etc werent up to it.Now most posters said that now .I dont get any enjoyment saying a or b isnt up to cork level,but I aint going to sa y he is ,if games prove otherwise .

I wont go with views or people trying to promote sub standard ,good club players. as the saving grace of Cork football like Curran and liam Shorten just cause they look good in club games or muskerry division .
    I could pick ten club lads from duhallow ,or north cork and push there claim based on club games.

One player the only one I agree with it. You is Vaughan.He is a terrific player and while I do agree ,he is more suited to a central role ,he is able to play in two man full foqward system with u 21 team .
    Take o sullivan ,a vital player,vital to genes systems ,for cork u21,and I would start could have a great year ,but. Isnt good ennough to play senior and I doubt he will be,as hes game is limited to the modern game.

Thats fundamentally the key difference with me and you imo ,I will differentiate and evaluate a players performance in tandem with the style of play he has played and likey to play with a seninor team and what he can bring,and when a guy plays well at club,i judge the standard what hes opponent was like .

You wont hear me advocating that lad for cork Seniors. I Judge everything with the bigger picture always in view .Thats not to say the lad isnt a good player ,he is,just not suited to the current cork team,and there is too many better players ahead of him.I dont get carried away unless its merited and jusfied.
    Regards Barry o driscoll colm I agree arent up to it.However,you could argue Barry,he never got a run of games,thrown in against Down 2011 at the deep end,got injured then .Again he hasnt got same chances as the rest .Barry performed at u21 for Cork,Curran couldnt make the set up .

Cusack im a huge fan of ,huge advocate the man ,but I dont agree hes views on nash motion .See I dont agree with him just as he was my hero

I do agree with hes views re dualism,and a huge worry ,and Sean Mac was bang on when he said it here,the dual issuse is around to stay ,as jbm today said its working well and very happy with it ,despite evidence stating cleary,cadogan played one hurling game,so does cahalane ,a sub for one,walsh just two .The ball is firmly in Cuthbherts court now,as says its fine ,so unless cuthbert pulls the plug,dual issue is there come the championship.Cuthbhert has a great chance to make a statement of intent re the team,he wong go against dualism though.

Injuries,time,training proving thats its impossible for to work for 3 lads.One we may get away with .

Im not trying to force my views on you or anyone,it just when I see names like Curran,shorten ,for cork with nothing to back it up I prove otherwise or lads that had loads of chances still the same old same old.A cat has only 9 lives ,yet Gould,hayes,sullivan have way more .I see Tyrone named the kavanagh brothers at midfield for sunday and there going for the juglar attack our teams weakest link the midfield.Seeing there team I expect a closer game as they could dominate kick outs.

Their half back line is slow and harte is a weal defender,kerrigan could roast him .

In regards minor hurlers ,had a game last night against Bishoptown.There flying it ,i mean flying it .The team is pretty much picked for kerry.Its not anyway a test but great the 1st game is coming,as the lads just want to get started ,ist game out the way.The real game next week is tipp v limerick.Not a word coming out of tipp.There meant to be really shoulder wheel after loosing to laois in a challenge.Potential banna skin for Limerick .

Huge game for middleton schools tommorrow I cant wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Im not trying to force my views on you or anyone,it just when I see names like Curran,shorten ,for cork with nothing to back it up I prove otherwise or lads that had loads of chances still the same old same old.A cat has only 9 lives ,yet Gould,hayes,sullivan have way more .I see Tyrone named the kavanagh brothers at midfield for sunday and there going for the juglar attack our teams weakest link the midfield.Seeing there team I expect a closer game as they could dominate kick outs.

Their half back line is slow and harte is a weal defender,kerrigan could roast him ..

Tyrone fan here - not sure why you'd fear for your midfield as Tyrone rarely dominate there. Was fine when Brian Dooher was around but these days it's a bit of a problem despite Sean's attacking abilities and Colm usually putting in a good shift.

aveytare wrote: »
    Tyrone fan here - not sure why you'd fear for your midfield as Tyrone rarely dominate there. Was fine when Brian Dooher was around but these days it's a bit of a problem despite Sean's attacking abilities and Colm usually putting in a good shift.

Great time for harte and tyrone

I dont rate our midfheld bar walsh

Whats story with justin mcmahon?

Big fan of donnelly and coney

What do you make year team picked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Great time for harte and tyrone

I dont rate our midfheld bar walsh

Whats story with justin mcmahon?

Big fan of donnelly and coney

What do you make year team picked

Justin's had a lot of hamstring injuries in the last few years though apparently he's fit again and may feature on Sunday. Gormley's back as well though obviously he's getting on a bit. I'd be worried about our defence I suppose, I don't like being too critical of players but our full-back line isn't the best. We tackled a bit more tenaciously in the Westmeath match two weeks ago but if an interview with Gavin Devlin (one of Harte's assistants on the sideline) during the week is anything to go by we're still going to be playing man-on-man. It's a big enough match for ourselves, Cork have a good record against us and another big defeat after the Kerry match would be pretty demoralising. I haven't seen Cork this year so it'll be interesting to see the progression under Cuthbert as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who is Butcher?

Andrew O'Sullivan.

http://www.cbskilkenny.ie

A good read re Mideltons opponent.match reports,give the view there a serious team .
    Andrew Gaffney got 2 goals Senior A last week ,and is a real threat ,Seadna symth I think is the man to man mark him .Robbie mccarthy at midfield is meant to be a serious player.Brendan mccarthy is as good as anything this in age group in the country.Cork u 17, just missed out by cork minors ,such was quailty of competion ,a cert to star next year.Has hurling.pace,physicality,super fast hands .

They have 5 lads on the kilkenny minor team .

Hegaraty an Martin outstanding the last day are super defenders.Martin was awesome in a hurling exuhibition the last day .

Sean o connor has played with cork teams and is a super hurler ,can play 3 needs be.
    Looney a goal machine ,cork minor,is a real talent,macdonnell,dean ryan cup hero Josh beasusang they have forwards that can score.

Tracey is a classy hurler.

I wouldnt be suprised if cork u16 player Garan Manley had a huge game today ,injured for dean ryan cup ,and played good for last 20 the last game,but he is a big game player,and he is due a big game.

Hard game like any in schools to call,but kilkenny with a few involved in A team and played a lot hurling recently and an all ireland final next week and pressure of a double ,midelton are ideally poised to rattle them .

The kilkenny lads havent played as a team in a while and they played limerick u 16 etc and were beaten ,but the senior lads were missing .

Midelton ,expierence ,of winning close games,Manlely,beausang,martin,smith,looney and mccarthy top top players ,and they had just one game to focus on ,they may just edge it .you cant be 1000 sure in any school game,but I think midelton can win,and dywane and hurley two good coaches with them.

Best of luck to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballbag05

Ft from Dungarvan
    Kk Cbs 1-7 Mid Cbs 0-7

Ultimately the easterly breeze decided it, as Kk superior ability to hold a clean sheet decided this game in horrendous conditions and a deteriorating pitch in Fraher field.
    Midleton will fell they had the momentum going into the final ten minutes after reeling in a ht 8 pt lead to 3, everyone there felt that It was there's to grasp, but the inability of Midletons fwds to push it home as only Manley and sub moloney really the best of a disappointing lot, Seadna Smyth and captain Brendan Mccarthy were trying hard for Mid along with Leahy in the fb line, too many passengers in the form of Moynihan, Parker, McDonnell and notably star of the Dean Ryan win, Josh Beausang, the disappointment will hopefully drive them fwds seems that the Kk cbs experience of 7 senior players made the ability to hold out when it mattered most

• Advertisement

Midelton lost today 1-7 to 0-7,the goal wasnt the real difference,it was the incessaint cold rain and howling wind,made it impossible to hurl,and the game changer as always in these games is who get lucky and has the wind in the 1st half.

This day weather wise was ,the worst ive been at ,ptich had buckets of water,worse than 2012 draw in waterford ,worse than hamilton v ard scoil ,and worse than Hamilon v dungarvan.Whaterver weather was in those games,it was truly truly absymal today.No team ,deserved to play or be beaten in these condition.Lads u16 ,huge huge ask stamina,fitnes and mental focus.

Id no problem ard scoil v hamilton going ahead,as at least mallow is a good ptich.Today games,fergal horgan should postponed it.I saw senior games postponed in less weather .yeah with kilkenny cbs out next wknd and a few involved,would have been a fixture dillema,but jesus today was monsoon weather .

At least four harty and Dr.Croke games I at this year were ruined by weather.Both teams,33 or 34 player deserve immense credit and thanks for producing top top class hurling in such weather and credit kilkenny cbs and these joint captain dresnann and the majestic(sum talent)doheny at centre back ,and there coach Pj mccormack for there ist win since 1981.There a great side.

If it was dry day Would have a been a classic.
    Kilkenny CBS got a great goal from sheehan and never looked back.Dicksboro have 3 gems,sheehan,Andrew Gafffney ,and chris kavanagh,at midfield.

Kavanagh had sum tussle with the outstanding brendan mccarthy .
    Dohney was awesome,corner back next week in the senior A final,Gaffney also in that team with Robbie buckley .
    Thats how good as they are and the majority have been involved with kilkenny development squads and a few are likely minors this year .
    They will be involved next week ,and that senior final at 5 is live v st kierans tg4,so I would recommend any hurling fan to watch it,as these lads are super talents but also the standard of hurling hould be great ,and its a good advertisment for schools hurling ,but shows how great kilkenny cbs are in schools hurling and shows how todays Midelton side should be proud ,as to loose by 3 points and hold them scorless the second half ,even with that wind ,was a huge achievment.
    Midelton had a lot of wides ,and that was the difference ,but you couldnt blame any player for any wide in such conditions .

At half time it was 1-7 to 2 points.Midelton had a lot of the play in the 2nd half,but Kilkenny defended superbly ,and dropped numbers back and were a fortsess defencesly.
    Midelton scoring wise,it just didnt happen today for them and Garan manley ,beausang was the only forwards from play, to score today .
    Every player gave it there all,No one could be blamed ,and they will be serious harty cup team in 2016.
    The best players were Seadna smith ,(watch the lad with Cork minors,the real deal)awesome ,superb on gaffney and then sheehan .He reads the game like a vetran,fast hands ,awesome stick work and under the high ball .

Brendan mccarthy,tigerish,full of energy and he is serious talent ,and a minor 2015.,everything you want in a midfielder.

Garan manley ,a diffcult day for free takers ,he got 4 beauties ,and never gave up.A dry day and he would be unreal .
    Sean o connor was ,great ,he was full back ,wing back you name it he every where .MIdelton cbs thank you for the wonderful,commitment,hard work,pride ,jubilation ,and honour ye brought to yere school,the villages of fr o neill,carrigtwohill,midelton,aghada you name it ,and also to the County of Cork .
    If they were ever Heroes in defeat ,then ye are them.

Congrualtions to a fine kilkenny cbs side and best of them in there quest for the double next saturday in Knowlan park .

Its the end of Cork Hurling schools in the Dean and Harty etc are over but with Chaseville winning the Kinnane cup,Midelton the Dean ryan and Mclirney final and Hamilton and rochestown great harty cup runs ,Cork school hurling is in atgood place,but must keep the work put in ,and get more help ,and support ,and they have ground to make up on limerick and Kilkenny .
    You are Never Great when you Start ,but Must Start to be Great.
    Cork schools from a dismal few years ,has a great start now .Its nothing,unless it is built on.Today showed ,Cork at underage can compete with the best .
    Ballbag ,i have often been criticised for being too harsh,but as people here should realise ,inter county are enitiled to be.
    To say what you said regards Schools u16 lads being passengers is Disgraceful ,there are young lads ffs man,in awful awful weather .

Congrualtions to Choilm ballincolig beating Galway team 2-9 to 2-8 and in the B all ireland final against a Dublin school along with Rochestown and Scoil na Ghobthan in final in there grades .

Tippeary named there team for tommorrow and its a strong team ,even without Cahill who is a huge loss.

[The Tipperary Senior Hurling team to play Cork in Sunday’s Allianz Hurling League Division 1 Quarter-Final shows 5 changes from the team which defeated Dublin on Sunday last. Niall O’Meara returns from injury and will make his League debut at corner-forward while James Barry and Denis Maher will start a League game for the first time after impressive substitute appearances versus Dublin. James Woodlock returns to the team following a bout of flu which caused the Drom & Inch clubman to miss last Sunday’s game while Shane Bourke comes in at corner-forward. Michael Cahill and Patrick Maher miss out on this occasion due to injury while Paddy Murphy, Jason Forde and Cathal Barrett are the other players to make way.

Tipperary (SH v Cork) – Darragh Egan (Kildangan); Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh), Conor O’Mahony (Newport), Conor O’Brien (Eire Og Annacarty / Donohill); James Barry (Upperchurch-Drombane), Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh), Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch); Kieran Bergin (Killenaule), James Woodlock (Drom & Inch); Denis Maher (Thurles Sarsfields), Noel McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney), John O’Dwyer (Killenaule); Shane Bourke (JK Brackens), Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch), Niall O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
    Quote]

Niall o meara starts ahead of Forde ,a bit of a shock,But Niall is a great talent,tremendous attuide ,and always turns up in big games and I seen him many times at minor ,u21 ,in fooball and hurling and intermediate ,for tipp ,and im a huge fan of him.He was captain also.He is a real,leader,always does the basic thimgs mell,great under high ball and is just what tipp need ,-he has backbone .Man of the match at half forward u21 last year against us .
    He was on the panel under Declan ryan for a bit

He could be on Cahalane,and would suit cahalane physically but he is a danger and if he moves out to 12 ,Egan has to turn up.Saw him interviewed on the play Pheasant island,and is very down to earth and seems a really nice lad.
    Burke for the other burke,should suit him.
    Callian v keane
    On paper I think that cork unit with a good start if we get match ups can hold our own.
    Denis maher is a good hurler ,but lorchan should be okay.Joyce has a huge game re Mcgrath but that suit him,as mcgrath isnt pacey but a super,super hurler but just the type joyce wants.Could be a great tussle.
    O dwyer will crucify egan if egan doesnt show up .If egan shows he could hold hes own .

Cork midfield show break even.Woodlock ,is good nothing special though and I havent seen a lot of Bergin .

Lawton could be up against. hes ucc teamate in James Barry the ucc captain .Barry is good,so a real test of him.
    Maher and Harney is sum contest ,two warriors,heart of lions,two bravehearts ,wont give an inch in battle,but by christ can these young lads hurls.The best match up in the game.Either of them would walk in to the Clare or kilkenny teams.Two real leaders,two crucial to either team .

Cronin if lehane swaps,lehane would have the pace of mcgrath .
    Jamie and stapleton,two wristy pacey hurlers.

Horgan could if he gets fast ball and moves to 15,cronin to 14,could have too much for o brien .

Cronin should go in o mahony ,as he has the ball winning to break even and keep mahony a fine hurler honest and prevent him from dominating at full back .

Cork can win,it will be close,and with a weaker subs bench in defence in particular with White there ,we if we need subs may struggle.With so many out,too close to call .Tippeary looking at the Cork team are fully justifed in beliving that Cork team are just as beatable.

On a side well done to former Blackrock hurler Evan O Connell at just 18,making hes Celtic Senior debut at centre back today .Another talent lost to the Cork gaa,but best of luck to him in hes chosen career.

http://www.gaacork.ie/news/308927/Good_News_for_Rebel_Og_Academy_U16_Squads

Great News and fair play for buses being organised,but even in the county ,a bus should be there for ,city lads and east cork as mallow is a nice journey and at very least 40 mile round trips and depending where the origin in West Cork is,could even be a greater journey .

Watched Mayo and Dublin in the Football,recorded it.A cracking game,real great game it was ,and after watching it ,I still think there the two best teams in ireland,and Mayo havent gone away,if they had any one of Colm o neill,goulding,o rourke ,kerrigan or Hurley etc they would win the all ireland.

That draw was great for us ,in that we win we are almost guaranted a home semifinal ,as Tyrone have Dublin at home and should we beat tyrone.then it means a winner in that game ,eradictes one of them in a top two run in ,if we loose to a rejuvenated kerry who should beat kerry .And Mayo didnt get a chance to catch us.They have Mayo in thda Last game ,again both in the top 4 should elminate one of them.
    A home semifinal has a huge advantage ,as you dont want to be going to Dublin ,or Mayo or Derry ,as there hard places to win in.
    A real chance to close the deal tommorrow and put a bit of daylight between Cork and the chasing pack .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Well done to Colaiste Choilm and John O'Shea who has done great work with them this year. Sean O'Donoughue a player to look out for with Cork Minors this year

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballbag05

Typical the gloriously defeatist attitude of Cork
    It has us where we are, Kk have us under their boot and all we can do is say how good losers we are, it's about winning at end of day my good man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ballbag05 wrote: »
    It has us where we are, Kk have us under their boot and all we can do is say how good losers we are, it's about winning at end of day my good man

Apt username fella;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Apparently. Walsh not starting for the Footballers - not good news at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

That's confirmed. Not good and I'd say that's the end of the dual experiment

Horse84 wrote: »
    That's confirmed. Not good and I'd say that's the end of the dual experiment

No horse unfortunately not.
    Jbm said hes very happy with it,and cuthbhert I doubt will pull the plug.Its here to stay

Walsh huge loss could be domhinated in the centre and as a result in danger of loosing

O rourke has a huge job to try and help or midfield

Its a must ,that laoire with walsh out get game time as a sub.

Jbm might be happy with it publicly, sure I suppose he has to say that really. I'd say it'll come down to the players themselves. Walsh might know himself that he can't do both. It is a pity I suppose I wanted like anyone to see them do well but it's not for the want of trying or lack of effort but the toll on the body is just too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Horse84 wrote: »
    Jbm might be happy with it publicly, sure I suppose he has to say that really. I'd say it'll come down to the players themselves. Walsh might know himself that he can't do both. It is a pity I suppose I wanted like anyone to see them do well but it's not for the want of trying or lack of effort but the toll on the body is just too much.

It is NOT over, jbm has stated it is going very well and needs to look at walsh et al more

Every thing I said,lads,coming home to Roos,our Midfield are being Destroyed,i mean destroyed,and gould who is having cameos ,is still way of what we require.

Butcher bar the start in throw in,caught just one clean ball,and then kicked a woeful ball over the sideline,and our midfield isn winning any ball and also being overun ,then defence under huge presstse.Again Managenent WAKE UP.its a joke now .Unless laoire is a sub,shields having a good game ,but like I feared months ago ,a huge voild if taken ot full back line ,and cadogan is having a nihtmarde at 2,

Cadogan to 3, shields to 2, and clancy to 7

Hayes bar flashes is poor and a point..colm or doc to bring on.

Bar awesome kerrigan goal we were in real trouble.

If we act now we win ,if nt we loose,and management nt the team are to blame.

Midfiektd is a joke and utter utter failure management not even accepting it 8 games in .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Walsh will run himself into the ground the way he's going. Won't play for either team if he carries on.

This is the team that was originally to start supposedly. Noticeably no Stephen white in match day squad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

ballbag05 wrote: »

15 and 16 year olds playing an All Ireland final in barely playable conditions and they loose by a score. Shocking alright.

Kelly made a great impact,sullivan also considering lack matches.
    We were haunted,get draw.Gould in fairness ,stood up 2nd half ,if he dne that every game we be fine.

We were blown out of it at midfield,and managenent made poor subs bar colm and kelly and sul,they were forced in two them .

Sullivan gave away a woeful free at end game,not a dirty player but hes frustartinn is coming out.Yes made run goal,and got sum breaks,but the frees gave away ,and he couldnt win clean ball and kick good ball im sorry now,overall he was poor as was hayes,fkashes all well and good ,but golden chance to put us 4 up game over he missed a easy chance

Managendnt have lot questions to answer for and we lost a golden chance to win at home two points -and damn lucky we werent beaten.

Kerry beat us next week as they dominate us midfiektd have better forwards than tyrone.Hughely dissapointing,and huge huge tactial weak spots(that I feared with new inexpierencd set up)clearly a huge huge worry ,but people in some quartergr will say all is fine,its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

What a great first half of hurling! I was late getting in and we were 2-4 to 0 down ! Now its 3-11 to 3-9 in corks favour! Harnedy playing a stormer with 2 goals already and the game is very open.Hopefully second half is the same fare. Great entertainment!

keane has to be taken ot of half,playing okay but exposed hughely pace in half back line to full back line
    Legane to 12
    Cronin o 14

Lawton take of woeful
    Cadogan must come on goals inside

Cahahale having stormer ,burke top man
    Egan turned up long way to go

Haughney doing okay

Harney a god,legend,a hero a Super player ,lost words world class

Nash thats job for begruders.Just the answer,makes me happy ,all kikenny begruders take that ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Faded quite badly. Better team won. Lots to do for championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

Great game and was very close in the end.

Ref gave out cards very easily tho and seemed to give a few 50-50s to tipp but thats the way it goes.

Lawton in particular seemed very poor and i would have taken him off in the first half! I didnt see Cian McCarthy touch the sliothar after he came on until he was taken off! (maybe this is harsh on both players but just my impression)

Cork have to do something about these slow starts. It took 10 mins to get going in the first half and the same thing in the second. We went from 2 points up to around 4 down before we started up again.

We seemed to be trying to be very precise at times and it cost us a few points which could have been the difference in the end. We drifted out of the game at the end when it was still able to be won.

A very enjoyable game though

[QUOTE=Nonoperationa-n. Lots to do for championship.[/QUOTE]

Werent you the very one ,that said no Panic 3 weeks ago and twas just turn up on the day,and it just happens,more or less and we could go on last year reputations,despite. CLEAR ,Clear Evidence ,stating Clare and kk were ahead of us.You said my ridacolus statement ,that I said cats or tipp beat us out the gate.

Well,hurlers on dtich are just brillant .Run with the hare and chase with the hound.At least me ,im constant.There was clear problems ,and a trend in the games.

You see you may now accept what I was saying,going through motions in games ,and lethargic displays was useless to cork ,and the four poor games we had in an awful div 1b,even against an average tipp today cost us 20 minute start as we were of the pace.Make no misake ,we would beaten out the gate by cats and clare today

Today was game hurling and we lost,and while we had injuries the picking of keane out of position ,then cronin ,back to half back to hit aimless balls in to ff with no target man,and also iehane at 14 spells cost us a game we could of won in the end.This happy go lucky approach you had papers over our weak aeras ,that there was serious weakness in cork last 4 games,And Dont panic is useless now when we have zero games to rectify it and ,waterford(i thothht they would beat dub)are our saving grace in that they have problems them selves and we should beat them,but Make no mistake we are miles behind clare and cats and could be beaten heavily should we meet,as davy wont make the same mistake and concede goals against us again or do what tipp did ,play a game oë hurling against us .It will be a tactial game plan,that Russian chess players be proud of.
    Were behind in our game plan and havent evolved from last year.

Egan a super keeper gifted us two goals.Harndy was our only goal threat.You ,im sure will learn that I just dont criticise for sake of it,when I do,normally its cause theres vaild reason to.

It will be the same in football.People criticise me for saying we have midfield problems etc.Yet as soon as people ,after we get beaten to kerry ,a real porissiblty in june ,or mayo in august ,will be the ist to say our midfield is woeful ,etc etc.
    Thats a great attuide,close the gate when the horse has well truly bolted,and waste another year .

Ref didnt cost us.Yes we had no subs in depth and managewent aint to blame,but lawton left too long,and keane isnt a half back ,joyce ismt a corner back .
    We got most of the match up wrong and paid the price .Sullivan the game cried out for yet we didnt use him.Lawton had 3 games ,two also a sub,im a fan hasnt done it.

Yes we all know John horgan echo is a huge castlematyr. Man ,a great club,but ,he must be honest in hes report,lawton was poor.No point in saying it didnt happen ,or he had a good league,overall he hasnt delivered,yet has chances Michael sul didnt get .

Haughney okay,ist half,completly missing 2nd half ,and I thought today was a game he could do good and get 3 points but said clare real test.Today he couldnt against aveargae tipp duo ,do it and has the hurling,and hands but is no good,no grit or bite to mix it .
    Not up to it.

We have huge worry s going forward and cahalane superb,dual code dilutes that benëit.

Mcloughlin was superb at 5 and covered superbly but wait they play him at 9.
    Egan was immense ,and joyce soild but no pace for corner .
    Burke is superb,can play 2 to 9.Top corner back .We havent four lads,sullivan,neill,murphy ,burke going for 2 spots with spillane keane cahalane options at 3,we should and have no excuse not play mcdonnell at 5 or 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

I'd love to know how the Cork management can look at an isolated 2 man fullback line for the whole game and not bring a covering defender back. Did they learn nothing from last yrs All Ire? Killian Burke, I presume following his man, played a lot of the 1st half in the Cork forward line/ midfield? Cahalane, under the circumstances, was v promising. O'Shea won the tactical battle hands down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement