Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Absoultey ,do that,i have no problem laying my cards on the table befor a match,i dont like to sit on the fence.

If maguire is dominated by Corcocran I will ,be the ist to say it .Id love to hear roscommon views why Cocoran is that good,and better than mcculey ,an all sar,Colm O Riordain for instance .
    As I said he he is hardly better to those is he .??? And maguire has held hes own against them .If he is ye have one great talent and credit due .Id like to know games that he stood out ,please .Thanks.
    A one line statement ,im sorry now but that doesnt reveal much .

Thomas Corcoran's play will speak for itself. With Ultan Harney partnering him tomorrow Cork are in for a surprise if they think they have an advantage in the middle. It's nothing more than 50:50 in that sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I never said Cork would dominate them ,i said we would be ,like you say be flooded in that aera with numbers.I expect Cork to break even in that aera ,gain a foothold to a point.,in that we get a grip in an aera ,where we use to make progress up front .We get a base in that aera .

50/50 fine,as we have Forwards that will score.

My point you said you would quote me on is , I said maguire has taken care of much much better than cocoran in Mccauley and Riordain and wouldnt fear the lad.Thats no disrespect to Cocoran,more how I rate maccauley etc.HE is an all star and dominated us last week and Colin o Riordain who is Simply Superb and imo ,would walk on any intercounty team ,in ireland at senior next two years,wont be likely as he likely and sad to see go afl .What a talent .

my point is ,what games has and against who ??cocoran stood out , and hes isnt up to the two lads I mentioned,just my opinion .
    And maguire has held hes own .Still u21 next year.I just imo,havent anything ,to go on that maguire would fear in midfield.

As you say will we see tommorrow .
    But surely its fair to ask if hes that high rated ,you wont have a problem saying he done it against that guy in that game etc .That all I wanted to know.

Cork have Hanlon ,also and Kiely ,people would be aware of the lad from the sigerson .If our 3 muskateers fail we have Kavanagh and Murphy ,more than capable of doing a job.So we will flood that aera also.

Cork are going to be fine in that aera.My concern would be our back 3.Ye have the potency to do real damage,there.

Whats the story yere lads Kelly and Murtagh?.Two huge looses if out.Mcnanus has played 3 for ye in the hastings and done well ,so he seems to be excellent and versaltite.Ye would have to miss kelly though .He is such a talent.

Its a shame yere lads could be out,like us with oakes and vaughan.
    Be great if both had full strength teams.
    It should be great game ,and may the best team win .Both are footballing teams,and well coached.

On another note

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/04/18/gaa-players-rival-premier-league-stars-in-distances-covered/

Murtagh isn't even a doubt. 100% healthy. Kelly was out from the moment he pulled his hamstring in the Connacht final.

didnt murtagh pick up a hamstring injury against Sligo??

didnt murtagh pick up a hamstring injury against Sligo??

Played almost all of the Connacht final. No worse for wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Nigel dinneen,is there version of our John Cleary,ex forward of much distinction ,a selector with Roscommon that won the connaught champ in 2011,,then became manager,and has had success,u21 title in 1st year in 2012 and all ireland final ,and now this year.

Daly,and kelly and mcmanus are meant to be a savage unit at half back.Kelly is so good ,and talent for future ,if hes out,mcmanus even do he goes to the centre,there bound to be weaker .
    Was 2010 when Ros seniors won Connacht and i don't think Dineen was a selector. Where did you get this information on Kelly? before this year he was a midfielder and has only filled in at half back because John McManus was injured. Conor Daly is doubtful he's a starter on the senior team and will be a much bigger loss than Kelly will be.

Its a game that could go to extra time and should be better viewing for the neutrals than the 2nd semi final.

I mentioned zero all re Seniors and Dinnen Management.Ye lads lad need to have a read to what I said.Tensions seem to be high with greatest respect re roscommons two posters here going on the defensive ,fine you can back it up.
    Im still waiting for conclusive evidence re why cocorcoan is in League of Mccualey etc ..

I said Connaught u21 with dinneen,CLEAR AS DAY ,he was selector ,then manager,just like john cleary at cork u21 was.

Selector 2011,u21 manger 2012.2010 I couldnt care about to be honest at Senior,i never mentioned it ,u21 im talking about .AS john cleary ref proved,as Cleary was Never a Senior Manager Cork .Your gone of in a tanget with Greatest respect ,something I didnt mention .U21 is the topic .

Whether kelly prefferd position is or isnt is irrelative to me ,as he has played as reports have said(check them out)excellent at half back .

Good to hear he recovered from hes hamstring murtagh ,but hamstrings depending how bad can be tricky enough.

Kelly has that same problem.

Yes like I said extra time could be an outcome .
    May the best team win and as you say should be high scoring than dub or cavan,however there is just one winner ,and im sure the looser wont get much solace if its a thriller and they loose .

I mentioned zero all re Seniors and Dinnen Management.Ye lads lad need to have a read to what I said.Tensions seem to be high with greatest respect re roscommons two posters here going on the defensive ,fine you can back it up.
    Im still waiting for conclusive evidence re why cocorcoan is in League of Mccualey etc ..

I said Connaught u21 with dinneen,CLEAR AS DAY ,he was selector ,then manager,just like john cleary at cork u21 was.

Selector 2011,u21 manger 2012.2010 I couldnt care about to be honest at Senior,i never mentioned it ,u21 im talking about .AS john cleary ref proved,as Cleary was Never a Senior Manager Cork .Your gone of in a tanget with Greatest respect ,something I didnt mention .U21 is the topic .

Whether kelly prefferd position is or isnt is irrelative to me ,as he has played as reports have said(check them out)excellent at half back .

Good to hear he recovered from hes hamstring murtagh ,but hamstrings depending how bad can be tricky enough.

Kelly has that same problem.

Yes like I said extra time could be an outcome .
    May the best team win and as you say should be high scoring than dub or cavan,however there is just one winner ,and im sure the looser wont get much solace if its a thriller and they loose .
    steady on a neutral here. You mentioned 2011 Galway won that title

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What is the likelihood of there being a stream for this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

H/T Cork 0-05 v Ros 0-11

Having been 0-04 v 0-03 up Cork proceeded to play astonishingly poorly for the rest of the half. Their insistence on trying to carry the ball out of defence is baffling. It was like watching the senior team for the last few years...painful.

Roscommon have played well, breaking every ball at midfield and picking up most of the pieces - hence the introduction of Histon. Their inside forwards are well capable but the amount of ball they are getting helps.

I expect to see a lot more of the Cork forwards in the second, the breeze should help as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Roscommon 6 points up at half time and a far far superior team all over the pitch, for the second time in a week the team with the greater hunger is winning and all Roscommon have to do is keep it the way it is and they will run out handy enough winners. Pathetic performance from cork on the line and on the pitch, defence including alleged senior stars dorman and Crowley getting destroyed, Cadogan has got the ball twice and been fouled twice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 very soft frees for Roscommon. Much more effort and pace about Cork 1-09 v 0-16. Those soft frees might be important yet. 15 left.

Cadogan with a super goal. 2 points in it

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

We were very lucky to get the win.
    Asleep for the last Cork goal, and that was no free at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Terrible decision by the ref at the end of the match.Sad to see such a good game decided by a poor refereeing decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Terrible decision by the ref but if Roscommon had lost that game it would've been a travesty. Cleaned out at midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He lifted the ball up between his knees. It's a foul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Why is there even a debate about that last free?

Ft cork 3-12 v 1-19 A goal in injury time brought them level before the ref again gave a free which was scored. The 3 very soft frees when we were on top has cost us dearly. Roscommon probably played as well as they could but we certainly didn't. While they deserved it those decisions by the ref have left a sour taste.

Technically it was a free . I have never seen one given before for that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Technical foul: 4.3 To lift the ball off the ground with the knees.

Still doesn't explain the other soft frees he gave Roscommon's way..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connorzee wrote: »
    Technical foul: 4.3 To lift the ball off the ground with the knees.

Still doesn't explain the other soft frees he gave Roscommon's way..

True even if you agree with the last foul I would be raging with the ref if I was from Cork for all his other decisions. Especially once the game got close in the 2nd half he gave Roscommon everything for a good 10/15 minutes or so.

Cork lad was pretty unlucky at the end. The ball got jammed between his legs on the ground and he just stood up. I actually think he tried to use his foot but the ball was already off the ground.

Syferus wrote: »
    Thomas cocoran is good,but I have no fear of maguire, he has taken care of much much better.

Quoted for tomorrow evening.

All the best.

Thomas bet his man and laid the platform for our win. He's been doing that to players playing county senior for years. What you don't know can kill you.

Commiserations to Cork, it was a match played in the best spirit and no shortage of skill. Some of that Cork team will make incredible senior players if given time.

Cry me a river Corkonians.

Small county like Ros outplaying ye.

There's always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Cry me a river Corkonians.

Small county like Ros outplaying ye.

There's always one clown.

Roscommon were full value for their win. Cork just didnt get going. Having said that, i think a draw would've been a fair result.

Three goals due to some woeful defending kept cork in game. Roscommon without a doubt the best side over the 60mins deserving winners

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

Three goals due to some woeful defending kept cork in game. Roscommon without a doubt the best side over the 60mins deserving winners

Woeful defending - defending is as important as attacking - Cork took their goals very well but the ref cost them 4/5 pts - he was one of the most biased refs I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

How come Fulganiti and O Hanlon were taken off after 20 mins? Didn't get a chance to watch the game, will have a watch of it on the TG4 player later

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

How come Fulganiti and O Hanlon were taken off after 20 mins? Didn't get a chance to watch the game, will have a watch of it on the TG4 player later

Because they were both playing superbly.

Just joking - they were both very poor - Fulignati was being cleaned out but so were most of the defenders. O Hanlon contributed nothing - we were cleaned out at MF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

By any chance is that Fulganiti lad from Fiji?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement