Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

O Grady gone from Limerick, needs to be picked back up by Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Would totally agree

You cant get blood from a stone.Same here
    These are so biased ,you wont get reasonable debate with the referee
    All the techinchal jargon is just a cover up for what was truly disgraceful refrerring.
    These lads are looking for a reaction,you dont entertain them ,they move on.

I wish them the best in the final ,but they have tough times ahead in senior .

You really are starting to make me regret saying I respected you.

I have no interest getting involved in the debate but don't go around calling someone a WUM just because they're saying something you disagree with. That does not reflect well on you or anyone else. Almost everyone who has posted here is genuine in their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

O Grady gone from Limerick, needs to be picked back up by Cork!
    What? What happened???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Ah - the good old 'Absolute Rubbish' argument - always a sure fire winner.

How long is Gaelic Football a non-contact sport ?

As regards the rule about kicking the ball as an apponent is in the act of picking it up - that rule gives huge disgression to the ref and it's normally interpreted that once the player gets a hand on the ball an opponent cannot kick it - the Cork Players were perfectly entitled to kick the football at the point of time they did.

So Cadogan's goal should have been disallowed - how in the name of Jaysus can you possibly think that this kinf of statement vindicates the ref's performance ?

Selective viewing ? Are u serious ? I gave an example of a 48M free being taken from 44M (kicked from the ground) and the 3M narrowing of the angle in the match winning free and your response is that Cork stole ground in frees too. I didn't notice any example - the 2 incidents I cited were blatantly obvious. In the first one - O Driscoll took the Ros Player out and was lying in the ground where the foul took place when he got a yellow - Incredibly the ref calmly allowed the free 4M nearer - that was bizarre reffing by any standard. 2 cast iron examples of bias/incompetence - and u call it selective viewing - god give me strength.

If you think that this ref was impartial and fair then you haven't a clue about Gaelic Football. I'd say u are a WUM.

"Absolute Rubbish" wasn't the argument. I was genuinely interested in reviewing the 2nd half to see if the referee was biased. For two of the Roscommon frees, I couldn't see from the TV angle a clear foul but in both cases the referee was better placed. If I was refereeing from my armchair view - would I have awarded them ? - not the one where smith kicked it wide - I couldnt see anything more than incidental contact. For 2nd to last free? I think it could have been a free immediately after the break - couldnt see a free when the referee actually blew.

1. You claimed the final free was taken from about 3m closer to goal than it should have been and therfore a free out should have been awarded - I agree - fair point but the Cadogan goal should not have been allowed either on that basis so should the final score have been 1-18 to 2-12?

As regards the rule about kicking the ball as an apponent is in the act of picking it up - that rule gives huge disgression to the ref and it's normally interpreted that once the player gets a hand on the ball an opponent cannot kick it - the Cork Players were perfectly entitled to kick the football at the point of time they did.
    I agree it gives discretion to the ref but the "normal interpretation" has nothing to do with having a hand on the ball - The direction given to referees on rule 5.17 is that if a player is in the act of picking the ball, a boot cannot be used by an opponent.
    There were three incidents of this during the second half by Cork players at approximately 35:24 minutes gone and 37:20 both of which are frees.
    52:20 should also be a free to Ros under this rule but not given.

3. at approx 45:28, Cork defender pulls Ros #12 by the shorts clearly yet no free is given

4. No one suggested it was a non contact sport. INCIDENTAL contact is allowed in attempting to tackle an opponent - this DOES NOT include pulling them at the shoulder or arm which is a foul.
    58:28 for example - Ros #8 goes on a run - Cork players are not running along side him but make a grab for the player in any case - this is a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Yeah the training camp in ireland just as good,weather was warm enough anyway.This camp will be key to cork seasons,just what the doctor ordered.I travelled to it today to have a look .

Yeah back to the clubs for the next two weeks now and cahalane and walsh are training ,so id say could start Saturday night hurling in charville.

Just watched tipp hurling v clare.Clare didnt give a fiddlers ,way too loose.Clare knew cats in the final,didnt want kk be familar there sweeper.I would take today as no true test to tipp.

If they beat kk,who will be up it,then I will take notice of them.You just knew clare werent interested when davy said clare miles of tipp and there real danger and hes worried and clare are just trying to compete.
    What a laugh.They see no danger in tipp .They were half arsed and yet werent disgraced.Clare had no tempo or intensity,come june that team is a different animal.

What did impress with tipp and immense credit due to o shea he is Showing Intent to play clare game,as maher was a sweeper.And thats means tipp play us were in trouble .
    There making progress but real test is kk,and they lack bottle in those games so that final is test there resolve.

Cork are the only team intent on not playing a sweeper.Were so far of the rest ,i geuinely fear for us,and I dont people realise we have serious problems

The no.3 and an unsettled half back line ,with no real cover.I read an article Echo last ,where they said they got a letter ,re pat o sullivan carrigtwohill should be cork panel .
    I think it was him they mentioned.
    And they would watch him,that paper said .No dissrespect to the lad that wrote that letter but is he a clubmate,or he is biased??if its that player

Yes he had good year with Ucc ,and held bubble to a degree to 3 points ,and has to be fair a stood out at club in 2012 county win.I seen the lad regulary last two years,and hes a soild ,good club hurler but no where near intercounty .

Also Crucially it must be rememberded he was in trouble at times in games.

He was solid for carrig,so was killaven footballer colm o connell,with them doesnt mean he was was up to intercounty .
    Other question that has to be asked,is this solid club lad ahead of Shane o neill,conor sullivan ,Stephen mcdonnell and burke .No way is he,imo.He didnt make the cork club team of the year or even get a mention.Theres likely to be a reason for that.IM sure he played against clare in sixemile bridge last year(oil spill motorway)and was poor enough that friday night.Yes that was a bad night to judge cork,with half team unable to start,still didnt stand out .

And the paper then to entertain that idea ,is suprising when Killan murphy was awesome all year and much better than him.
    If and we aint short corner backs ,are short,then Moyinhan Na piarsaigh much much better,tidy,fast hands,snippy,balance ,both sides hurler I believe .

What is fasinating is people jump in with answers to an Area,We DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM.
    We need a 3,and cover at half back.

I wish somebody would write a letter to them in regards best Cork club player half back year in jamie nagle ,that he should be on the panel and the paper would canvass that lad, than canvass for a corner back, instead canvass for a half back,that same paper picked that lad on there team of the year ,and also underage pedigree and a fine season with cork Senior 3 years ago.

Midfield is going to be a shambles and ruin our half back line if ,lorchan is at 9.
    Also this lark of playing cronin deep and lehane at 14,jamie at 13 has never worked.

Im still unconvinced Paudi be fit for cork,training with cloyne but a long way to go I hope he makes it.
    And with that other blow to Cork hurling last week ,our panel is not much stronger than last year,and the adding of 3 dual players,likey to become 4,is a quick fix ,you ask me to a serious problems.
    Cahalane and cadogan are quick fixes if they even work to long term problems.As dual code makes it impossible to work.

I hope im wrong,and saturday should reveal more,but we have Serious,Serious problems in hurling.
    If Cork want to look at a bolter ,then look at An aera we have problems in and look at Eirns own Half forward ,normally a centre back played out of poistion as a full back with Ul,but was Superb for ul all year holding Maurice Shanahan and Jack guiney(destroyed Maccie in the league )and is highely rated by one ofthe Greatest full back to ever Grace the game BrianLohan.
    The lad is 24,Jack sheehan.
    Jack was worth a look,and is fast and real bite to hes game,and hurling.

I'm amazed,not one of our pundits mention the lad.Hes discpine needs to be worked on,but we need a bull dog not a poodle in that aera.We dont need gentlemen playing at 3.Wont do .This lad is rough around the edges ,and may not be the answer but in an aera we have a famine,would warrant management to look at .Thrown in at the deep end this year,no means did he sink,he stayed afloat,all you want in your full back .Has an understanding of that aera for such a novice in it .

archer id say Crowley is a real possiblty ,and Brian o driscoll will shake it up if o rourke is injured.
    Dorman ,i think could be ,i hope not at 3.
    I would expect maguire to get game time .

Cork are working on the midfield problems ,but without going in to too much,my worry is too much focus is on there own kickouts ,yes must be worked on but what happens when teams go straight down the middle ,as they will,and we must have lads that can win primary ball.

Yeah o grady is gone.Ryan wont do much.

Limerick are a shambles classic limerick.They messed over ,ger cunningham ,and he had the job ,was 40 minttes from cork,they rang,told him,job wasnt hes,changed there mind .

O grady dead right ,not to apolgise ,as he wasnt running the show .
    He has balls and princpile.Dead right ,he walked,what I head if true ,hes better of gone.

Tj ryan,,he cried about clare being too rough in waterford crystal.They got some beauty.

And things arent flying u21 either ,tom ryan.They will be steam rolled by clare.

Jerry wallis they will try get if what heard is true.He should stay away it.He was asked to go cork last year ,intercounty team,but stayed away as wasnt happy arrangement.He should do same now .

Donal will never be cork manager,as same reason ,he walked tonight,he has balls and princple isnt a yes man,hes own man .
    He wont get any cork job

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    You really are starting to make me regret saying I respected you.

I have no interest getting involved in the debate but don't go around calling someone a WUM just because they're saying something you disagree with. That does not reflect well on you or anyone else. Almost everyone who has posted here is genuine in their opinions.

Get your facts right please bud

I never called anyone a wum.

Dont patrimise me your bulls * *te,and say I said wum I didnt.
    Be a good little boy and quote me where I said Wum ,that exact word please.

It made no sense to have co-managers. That system has never worked in any sport. You can only have one boss! It's a pity Limerick didn't appoint O Grady as the senior manager cos then they'd have a great chance of progressing this year. Sure, they went on with awful lot of messing appointing their intermediate hurling manager!

Get your facts right please bud

I never called anyone a wum.

Dont patrimise me your bulls * *te,and say I said wum I didnt.
    Be a good little boy and quote me where I said Wum ,that exact word please.

Saying someone is only taking a position so as to get a reaction - which you said on this very page - is the very definition of calling someone a wind-up merchant.

Saying someone is only taking a position so as to get a reaction - which you said on this very page - is the very definition of calling someone a wind-up merchant.

Which is it buddy?keep digging

Wum,now wind up merchant you said I said

Where did I say that? your such an expert

Lets be crystal clear

I said to you today ,congrats best luck and let it at that

The post I said had f**ck all do you as you agreed

Yet you said I called someone a wum and seen Blatantly intent turning thread in to a farce despite your snow white attuide,i had moved on.

Have last word ,im not wasting time with you

Please dont put words in to my mouth

Thanks lad.

Would totally agree

You cant get blood from a stone.Same here
    These are so biased ,you wont get reasonable debate with the referee
    All the techinchal jargon is just a cover up for what was truly disgraceful refrerring.
    These lads are looking for a reaction,you dont entertain them ,they move on.

I wish them the best in the final ,but they have tough times ahead in senior .

Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Yea I wouldn't be too over sympathetic to o Grady now I have to say nor overly complimentary either. I'd respect him as a coach and an extremely knowledgeable hurling man obviously.
    There was nobody putting a gun to his head from the get go with limerick and that ridiculous set up with Ryan as co manager. A blind man could've seen at the time that was going to end in tears.

Most of my family are limerick and as a young lad I was brought to more limerick matches than cork ones so I'd still have a grá for em even now so it's kinda sad to see as ye're right tis typical of em. I want to see them do well as it's good for hurling all around.

O Grady is one shrewd operator he would've known that the majority of limerick clubs and supporters didn't want another outsider at the helm from the start, no I'd say myself there was too much money being thrown around but that's only my own opinion. Whatever transpired there limerick hurling will prob reap the whirlwind for it this year anyway again. Like others I wouldn't have a lot of faith in Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

My point throughout the league was that is was just that. A place for teams to experiment, try different systems and players and have a plan in place going into the championship.

After we drew against Limerick I was told there was absolutely zero chance of us being promoted and anyone that thought the well drilled and astute Limerick would slip up was delusional and living with there head in the sand. Now it's acceptable to say Limerick are actually a basket case and won't do anything this year.

I was dismissed as a clueless fool when I doubted Clare would hammer us out the gate if we met them in a league quarter/semi-final, but now when Clare are beaten by Tipperary well it's fine, they didn't want to show their hand to Kilkenny.

Cork have a lot of work to do, and I'm worried about 3 6 and 9. But I think it's extremely unfair to be so strongly judging a team after a Saturday night league game in February. Criticism is fair enough, but it's early season hurling. It's not at all as black and white as some people here would have you believe. The real business starts on May 25th.

My point throughout the league was that is was just that. A place for teams to experiment, try different systems and players and have a plan in place going into the championship.

After we drew against Limerick I was told there was absolutely zero chance of us being promoted and anyone that thought the well drilled and astute Limerick would slip up was delusional and living with there head in the sand. Now it's acceptable to say Limerick are actually a basket case and won't do anything this year.

I was dismissed as a clueless fool when I doubted Clare would hammer us out the gate if we met them in a league quarter/semi-final, but now when Clare are beaten by Tipperary well it's fine, they didn't want to show their hand to Kilkenny.

Cork have a lot of work to do, and I'm worried about 3 6 and 9. But I think it's extremely unfair to be so strongly judging a team after a Saturday night league game in February. Criticism is fair enough, but it's early season hurling. It's not at all as black and white as some people here would have you believe. The real business starts on May 25th.
    Fundamental differnce ,clare have a 3,6 and 9
    We are no wherf near that or havent begun to counter a sweeper

You fail to see that .

Clare ,had no intensity ,yesterday.
    If you cant see that fair enough.
    If tipp that good watch them beat kk
    Did you not see davy interview

Did he look upset or angry.For a man that was beaten he looked quite happy

He knows real clare

Clare got 3 performances league.
    Its clear as day he didnt want to meet kk again

Name one performance cork had leage we could be happy with?

We are relying challenges to fix problems

And saturday is a right of now as we wont learn much against a shambles of limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Where is the game on Sat night? Sorry if it's been asked already.

And I judged cork on 6 league games ,and huge worries there.

Unfair to judge a team in 3 year plan ,got the final last year for constant poor games with no energy drive or tactial nous,i think many here agree me

Tipp proved it,the lacktustres displays meant we needed a half to get going.

We have improved little since last year

If you seriously think that was real clare ,then fair enough ,but that was a clare team,shadow boxing

There gone ul now ,n grass from now on

And a lot training is behind closed doors

He has them convinced tipp better them just get intensity up.

Clare are waiting in long grass

If we play them ,wait for the talk clare miles of us and a few injuries etc

Lad in fairness ,realistcally league was a shambles bar we going up ,we havent improved bar loschan at 5 last year and cadogan at 15

However lorchan likey play 9 and cadogan join footballers,they want him ,its not good.

6 pm chareville 10 euro sat

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

Anyone hear that D Sweetnam is finishing up with Munster Rugby this season ?

Saw an interesting point made by someone on another site - Roscommon will surely take 10,000 to the U21 Final - Cork would be lucky to get 1000 supporters. Tickets will surely be €20 - that's an extra €180,000 for the GAA. For every €5 extra that they can gouge out for tickets prices - they earn an extra €45,000.

That's massive money by any standards - Now we all know that the GAA are not corrupt - just like the Garda Siochana and the body politic - so the fact is that the extra revenue had nothing to do with Mr. Nolan's great efforts to ensure Cork were eliminated - but those that believe in conspiracy theories ...... Well ...........................................

My views re ogrady.I posted it on the limerick thread.

Paddy I totally agree,its a sad sad day for Limerick.I follow ye a lot,u16,minors etc as ye know,i even mentioned yere u16 beat clare saturday cork thread and a lot of yere schools lads.
    However producing Nash,cian lynch etc stars future,is nt worth much good to ye when ye again make a shambles at senior .

no one in there right mind would touch limerick now,sheedy,daly ,etc .
    Jerry wallis is if what I hear asked to join.I cant c it.He is far too intelligent and no way would he work with tj or County coard now.
    He stay with minors.
    He has too much respect for o grady to join also after that .He refused to go the cork last year,a cork team as he wasnt happy the set up.He wont join them ,i would sayg

Limerick fiasco is,like Saipan and Roy keane,make no mistake,he was Set up.

A few Clowns in the board wanted him gone ,as they wanted A limerick man helm they want ,and they knew too well ,insult o grady ,and make him bow to us ,he will walk.Limerick arent fools more like it was poltically done ,wanted him to go.Simple as.

He had huge interest in limerick.And for people saying he was big money,yes he was ,however no greater than Allen.I know exactly how much allen was milage compensated etc on.Anyone links to limerick should know.So that makes no diff.Allen was on huge money for expenses.

He was in gaelic grounds yest,and had real intent to stay on ,as a meeting in rathkeale a week ago etc resolved that.They still wanted more.Poke the bear too many times,ineviteable he reacted.O grady is a proud man,takes no sh*t.

O grady has everything Limerick needs and he walking away shows what type man ye need
    He has princple,knows right from wrong,wont be a yes man ,and hes in a job ,you let him do it.You play poltics,he walks,at the end of day ,limerick need o grady more he needs them.

Hes reputation is a shrewd coach and can never be taken from him.Limerick repuation(it isnt a dig,just calling it as is)glorified underachievers who will be known more of field than on the field,and With Munster rubgy coming again,any parent with talented youngster where play both in limerick like castletroy etc will go rubgy .Garret fitz ceo Munster always does what is right for Munster.Ye need hes type in the Gaa

Ye have board men in the top table that dont give a monkies about yere fans or the game itself .

Paddy,was spot on Ger Cunninghan, got shafted ,and he was in mallow driving through ,and told he hadnt job,after he was told twas hes job .
    One of the problems was he wouldnt work with tj,again he own man ,wanted hes men .And limerick didnt think he had a high enough profile.

Would Jose Mourinho ,Sir alex work with conditions laid down to them and not having full control and having answer board etc.
    United now got David moyles,a gentleman yes ,but hasnt the balls,characther,stand own two feet,and shouldnt of taken role at united until,sir alex was made clear he had nothing do with the team,or transfers,and he didnt have okay them with him.Moyles said yeah I be yere man.And I just see he was sacked.See what I said ,bout being ruthless with .great teams.

United for all there loyalty ,wont do or accept mediocity .Gone and thanks .I said it during the year,there results driven.None this year one,dont panic,give it time.He had a mininum target of top 4,he failed.Gone.Cork managers have no minium target .

Cork hurling if I was the execvuite,id sack Pat kenneally ,and in comes o grady u21 coach .

That is what is now wrong with united,they hada weak characther,and players realise that and heart,hunger,Desire is gone.

Joese,martinez wouldnt go near utd unless they had complete control .
    In a way Fergie would respect moyles more he stood up to him.
    Guaranteed next man in be hes own man.He needs to be for United to be Great.
    O grady had change a lot yet hes gone and he is proven .Wait til championship.Limerick mixed up Ruthless with Stupidy ,and politcs.

It will be Ironic that when o grady went,tj had no problems being made a joke of the board or apolgising if he doesnt go...A man with no honour,conviction,or loyalty to stand by o grady ,when o grady brought him in ist term ,yet Tj ,doesnt do much when o grady needed him.,if Tj doesnt go is how I view it.

If he goes fair play to the man,if he doesnt then hes just as bad as them.You wonder why he is hanging on til after cork game saturday.
    Surely if he was to go ,he would go now .

Tj is a yes man if he stays, what board say ill do despite saying he had problems with them .Those type of men win nothing.From cork we had our fair share and lads ye wont win jack s*it with those managers.

Morgan was shafted exactly in cork 20007 ,as the board hadnt the balls or decency to just get rid him,but played poltical game,they said he couldnt choose hes own selectors,they knew he wouldnt stand for it and walked.Limerick make no mistake knew exactly what they doing with o grady .

Weeks later ,cork allowed pick own selectors.Morgan wanted get rid of as a few board didnt like him.

In every walk of life ,you meet people you may not like,however if they do job you ask them to ,then they should be left alone.Unfortunaltely if you dont bow to top table or your face does not fit ,your there not there cup of tea,despite your talents.
    NO top manager will want to take over now after that.

As whatever happens ,they say it wasnt he fault and blame o grady timing rather look within ,ryan tactially miles of if he stays.

Heart and passion,hit everything that moves ,and when it doesnt you make it move,clincing the jersey,wont be worth jack sh*t ,when clare with davy and cody with cats out manouvre them of Tj stays.
    Cork would beat limerck now.

People are very naive its funny here,o grady posession game was bad for ye.Watch yesterday game tipp even had a sweeper and the reason they won,yes clare were half arsed at the same time.However tipp showed real intent in playing the clare system,it is the only way to beat it .

This traditional,route one ,up the jumper style is meat and drink to Clare as for all dowling and hannon ball winning talents ,they will be crowded by clare swarm defence.Has any limerick fan learned anything from last year shambloic display in the semi???

One of the worst clueless tactial displays I saw(said before game it would happen)allen couldnt change the game.Hit it long ,and clare sweeped up.Then left players go in on there own at half time ,wonderful inept management hardly .That was Malfunctional systematic failure in championship,yet no Board member questioned it had the foresight to lookwithin ,they won a soft Munster ,two home games,14 man cork,took hour beat them.
    Huge problems in team o grady,ryan took over,change style ,that takes time .

Yet allen decided he didnt want a 2nd term ,yet its known he wanted it,he would got it.Would he have to apolgise to the board??for that shambles .If he he had to ,probaly would have.

O grady I met many times ,and you could say he isnt easiest to strike up conversation with,and he would be arrogrant and stubborn.However there Great traits you want in a manager ,like Coday,jose,Jack o Connor etc.And he is a gentleman at the end of the day still but in a resoulte,resilent way.

And o grady always evloves with the game .

Limerick u21 wont do much,beaten out the gate by clare,gone back to old style ,direct game.Clare u21 possesion game will beat them .

Limerick minors yere great hope and could it.However after today,you wouldnt have any real confidence as some limerick man in the board or management ,could think hes better than he actually is,and upset a perfect harmonic peaceful happy camp.

Brian Ryan is manager and be fair has left cregan and wallis take firm control,however its not beyond realms possiblty he wants take over roles he isnt in now,as it seems to be problem ,limerick cant let well alone .

Today wont help yere minors as there is huge huge expectation on them,best team since 84 leader labelled them as already.Now yere the only hope of an all ireland for the next few years.They dont win with Cregan or wallis havent a hope with carey or tom ryan .They wik have a style not suited to there talents with old school ways in ryan and carey .Everything Wallis ,and joe quaid in 2012,taught them goes out the window at u21.

When limerick are beaten in june ,and u21 are out ,huge huge, pressure as the minors are now seen as the saving grace of limerick hurling .

As ye wont have any hope seniors doing good in quailfers.A lot hope ,was limerick seniors could push on.

Now its a lot of expectation that was already there on the minor team.I feel for yere minors.

And of course twould only happen in limerick.Ton ryan is with Intermediates also.Unreal a man that lost club and intercounty all ireland finals as manager is with two teams.

A sad sad day for limerick,and I truly feel geuine fans and if Tj is there for the next two years ,it will be a long long two years for limerick.
    I wouldnt be suprised if dodge ,and a few walked away at the end of the year or before it.

Ye blew away any chance of an all ireland.Tippeary arent any great shakes but could eat ye alive in thurles .What wil happen is a backs to wall display,guts,fire,stomach full of fury and fire ,for 55 minutes then tactially yere beaten then.

Thats yere game then for the season.In the qualifer ye then could loose a game ye should win ,like wexford,or laois could beat ye ,and even offaly .

Ger cunningham must be thanking hes lucky stars now he isnt there.
    Jp ,shouldnt put a dime more in to them,hes pissing money down the drain.

You had the Cunningham fiasco,then tom ryan fiasco ,and now this,ye have some real real beauties at board level .As by the statement to the leader by Rordain ,two weeks ago ,he cleary done that to provoke o grady.They never apolgoised so its clear as day that media statement was done to force o grady hands .And they were the big men,oh we held the management accountable .

They make cork county board look like angels,that says it a lot .
    A Dissaster waiting to happen the next appoiment .

I posted yesterday Cadogan likey to play football .I heard today,extremely unlikely,yes management want him,but he stick to the hurling I believe.

Greats news if true and credit the lad making that call .

Gary,the Munster thread here is great thread,post over there?
    There die hard real ground up supporters,know there beef.No spoofers.

I havent heard anythimg gaa end that ,he is coming back.No way I say.Feasible may leave munster but then he will go english team you imgaine and try come back to ireland playing rubgy .Doubt he will do hurling.

That awful news re Cork hurler last week, there may be good news..Almost definetly out for foreseeable future but maybe a glimmer of hope I heard today .

No TTM - I don't post there but I'll look it up.

That would be great news about the young player - he's a serious talent in both codes and would have a great chance of becoming a top player.

I heard that Sweetnam's contract was not being renewed for next season - he hasn't made the breakthrough to the senior squad and Munster are in a poor financial position, at the moment so it would not be a huge surprise - I hope for the lad's sake that it's not true.

You are correct about O Grady - lads like Sean Og and Ga will tell you that he is the best manager, by far, that they have played under. I met him at a match in CP and we were talking at HT - his reading of the game is superb - he spotted things that I hadn't noticed - I can see how players would respect him. He would be a great coach for our u21's but won't work for Cork again until Frank is gone, IMO - shame but he's not the only one.

No TTM - I don't post there but I'll look it up.

That would be great news about the young player - he's a serious talent in both codes and would have a great chance of becoming a top player.

I heard that Sweetnam's contract was not being renewed for next season - he hasn't made the breakthrough to the senior squad and Munster are in a poor financial position, at the moment so it would not be a huge surprise - I hope for the lad's sake that it's not true.

You are correct about O Grady - lads like Sean Og and Ga will tell you that he is the best manager, by far, that they have played under. I met him at a match in CP and we were talking at HT - his reading of the game is superb - he spotted things that I hadn't noticed - I can see how players would respect him. He would be a great coach for our u21's but won't work for Cork again until Fra

nk is gone, IMO - shame but he's not the only one.

The hurler hope is for the future,take a break come back

Wont be playing cork any time soon

Yeah rubgy is always danger to our lads

Cremin cork minor boherube I believe plays rubgy

A good ,player,serious prospect,looks after himself well so risk always there

Evan o connell played celtic centre half two weeks ago a talent hurler with blackrock

Id rather loose them to soccer and rubgy than afl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The fiasco in limerick just shows up yet another county board that hasn't a clue. Their loss, big time.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/04/21/u21s-pay-high-price-controversial-decisions-sloppy-first-half/

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/04/21/hayes-queries-referees-decisions/

As regards O GRADY reading by limerick thread ,a lot of them dont appreciate what they had,hes better of out there ,and there there own worst enemy and as much as I respect handful geuine limerick fans there and general ,and lot links there,i certainly wouldnt have much mass them now and ,i didnt when they shafted cumningham ,but ,got over it with o grady but now there such disgrace board level hope tipp beat them and I would not be supporting them with that board in charge .As even though I dont want geuine fans suffer heads must roll ,them to win.A huge defeat could bring them to reality and be better long term .
    Jesus had to get crucifed for the good of hes people.Maybee a cruicfying defeat ,is ,what they need to get a clean out.

I feel for fans,see real talent in limerick and its wasted .And there real sportsmen.They need to be the same mentality rubgy in gaa.
    If ryan stays then its poor loyalty o grady after hes statement .

I hope if they beat cork ,minors do well but id have no mass in seniors now.

If ryan stays then he shows true colours.

Some names they want tom ryan,brian ryan,ciaran carey ,there living in cuckoo land .They praised ground ,allen worshiped ,and they couldnt see he got lucky .
    They will live of the munster title last year for a while now.

Some fans not all havent got a iota what it takes win all ireland ,belive it case round the troops ,sing limerick songs,limerick your my lady and sean south garryowen,roar up limerick ,and they take field,full fury,fire and ,clinch the Limerick jersey and win all ireland on that and play a and b training matches
    where there panel is weak enough.
    THEY must realise tactics play huge part in the modern game,its not the 70 or 80s anymore

They have no idea the shambles there in .

There will be more trouble before the year is out.

Any one hear frank murphy meant be going to limerick give them advice
    A limerick poster said it

I think that Limerick will be a shambles come championship this year. I think they will have 2 games and be humiliated in both. You can't have disharmony in a team and expect to achieve success. O Grady will have had the respect and support of a certain number of the squad. TJ Ryan obviously thinks he can do a better job because he hasn't stood down along with O Grady. I'm not saying that this fiasco was orchestrated but I do think that Ryan will realise his mistake when Limerick are humiliated. I'm not taking sides, or having a go at Limerick, but I think this is the worst preparation possible ahead of championship and I can only foresee one possibility, an out and out disaster of a year!

May the 18th cork v meath football challenge in skryne
    Meath poster confirmed date on there thread and venue

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Forthright wrote: »
    What has he done since 2010? Enlighten me.

I can only remember one good game since a Connacht final v Mayo which they still lost btw.

I bet you think he's flying because he scored 2-8 against London, Leitrim or New York. Donie Shine and all those fine Roscommon underage players haven't done anything for ages. If they did they wouldn't be taking hammerings off Galway and Mayo two years in a row.

Dont want to highjack ye're thread about all things Cork, but you are correct and well observed, all sane Roscommon people recognise that Donie Shine has not played well since 2010, but he seems to have got form back again this spring now since a long standing niggly injury so hopefully this year he will fulfill some of his potential promise, at 24/25 years old it is time he started now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

May the 18th cork v meath football challenge in skryne
    Meath poster confirmed date on there thread and venue

Are cork to have some other challenge game soon too?

Kildare in 3 weeks in cork aprox

Kildare in 3 weeks in cork aprox
    Thanks for the Info TTM - I'd be obliged if you can confirm details when u get them.

I wonder will Cork also get a game V Clare through the Paudie Kissane connection. Perhaps Munster teams won't want to play each other although Clare are on the opposite side of the draw and have virtually no chance of meeting us in Munster.

The dual issue will affect training as the Hurlers play on 25th May and hopefully on 15th June with the Footballers out on 21st June.

So we have a challenge v Kildare on 10/11th May and v Meath a week later.

It's great to see Cork do a good week-end camp especially as Kerry will have a very good 5 day trip to Portugal. It looks as if Cork are not going abroad.

I can't see this year's U21's starting but u never know - I'm sure a few will come on as subs and may impress enough to start. I expect Ken to be in goal and the only positions that are still open are I slot in the corner. We don't know if Kelly will be at 6 - If not I'd expect Clon Clancy there with Jamie or Galvin in the corner. I don't know where Fermoy Clancy is in Cubby's plans.

AW and Gould will prob be at MF.

The HF line will prob be O Rourke, Collins and Kerrigan but Kelly could displace Collins if he's not at 6. Can't see anyone but Colm, Hurley and Daniel in the FF line.

At the outset - Cubby would be targeting an AI in 2015 but the exceptional progress to date means that he will be giving it a right rattle this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Anyone have the ucc panel from tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement