Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

Me too, Sheehan is a class act no doubt some times a little shy of contact but he should grow out of it. Your tip for the top made it, someone watches your posts me thinks. You should be employed by the county board, chief scout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Between minor and u14,15,15,17 Cork squds midelton cbs have close to 40 players that they supplied to the Squads,easy to understand why there cleaning up at Rice cup,white cup,Dean harty,making waves in Harty.Sean Hurley deserves immense credit for masterminding hurling at the school,and with kearney,crotty,dwane,peter dowling so many have put a lot of work in to them down the years at various level.
    The School that for many yeas lived of Reptuation of likes of Brian Cocorcan being most famous player and 3 harty cups and Likes Pebbles captain 2006 harty cup,making new headlines.

Very much becoming Ard scoil of cork schools.
    That kilthra og lad ,Martin u16 Cork panel is another fine hurler ,outstanding dean ryan cup and all ireland final run,and I thought he was outstanding particular apart ,against Athenry in the Semi final in Claughan.
    Superb the young lad was .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

A. Nash

S. McDonnell S. O'Neill C. O'Sullivan

L. McLoughlin C. Joyce W. Egan

D. Kearney A. Walsh

S. Harnedy P. Cronin B. Lawton

A. Cadogan P. Horgan C. Lehane

Guessing that will be the team, but very hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

I would hope lehane starts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Horse84 wrote: »
    I would hope lehane starts

I would hope you would hope that.

• Advertisement

Lol nice editing. Seanie McGrath in the paper today saying eoin cads is in with an outside shot of making wford match as is paudi sull. By the looks of it cahalane will start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

With those development squads would i be right in saying you cant be on both football and hurling?

Orizio wrote: »
    A. Nash

S. McDonnell S. O'Neill C. O'Sullivan

L. McLoughlin C. Joyce W. Egan

D. Kearney A. Walsh

S. Harnedy P. Cronin B. Lawton

A. Cadogan P. Horgan C. Lehane

Guessing that will be the team, but very hard to tell.

That wouldnt be bad team,but there would have to be positionl changes

Lehane and cronin in a swap

And cahalane would have to start

Its between lawton and ellis I believe for a place

They know there team .

They played a strong team v dublin and by that team imo know there team

To say in the paper today cadogan could get sub game ,really shows if fit was a starter and that is huge concern to cork

Jbm happy with dual code it said and of course cuthbert wasnt found wanting and backed him

Pr spin with dualism fasinating up there with what you see in Genreal elections

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

Are you still thinking of going to the game in Meath TTM ? It's a game that I'd love to see, to check out who's doing well and has Ken improved his kick-outs, but it's a hell of a distance to travel for a challenge game.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

citykat wrote: »
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that Clare challenge. There's a full fixture of club games on the Thurs to Sat before the game on the Sun. Don't know who Cody is going to play and what state they'll be in for match. Game is to open new grounds for Cody's club. That's the only reason he's agreed to it.

county championship in clare this weekend as well

• Advertisement

It's looking like lawlor will start at full back for wford after earning a recall to the squad due to injuries. Liam has his shortcomings mainly a lack of pace we should look to exploit that but at the same time keep em guessing and swapping Cronin on him should be done. As far as I hear lawlor had a hard time against Bergin in their challenge match against Offaly which has been said was pointless. Think they hammered with 20 wides to spare. They have tipp behind closed doors this week I think which will bring em on.

I would caution against being too confident going into the game against wford. I expect us to win and it'll be a disaster if we don't. I'd be down there a good bit and would be familiar with their club scene and they do have some very fine hurlers even guys that are only now coming through. Watch out for Colin dunford at corner forward, pace to burn and is hitting good form and is in in with a shot to start.
    Nullifying Seamus pender on the 40 is essential, whether Joyce or cahalane or whoever is selected against him it's vital that he doesn't get on top. If he plays well wford play well.

That being said we can't get overly caught up in what wford do and must go out and impose ourselves on the game from the get go. We have the players and need to shrug off what was left of the lacklustre league and lay down a marker and if that means sticking it to a depleted Waterford, so be it.

Theres dual players on every panel
    to name a few
    U14 -conor Russell Douglas
    U15 Sean O leary hayes
    U16-Ed leahy
    U17-ian cahill cloyne shane kingston
    U18-meaney and sean o donughe
    U21 alan cadogan,histon,kavanagh possibly ,killan o connor maybe

With development squads there is a debate that they should do both ,fair point as let them develop both codes up the age grades and then can choose what is best one them.
    It is tough and u14 match Douglas had a lot lads won u14 football day before and were beaten easily by Mallow.So its hard but if a young lad wants to do both ive no problem with it that level.Its to be admired imo.

Were talking Senior,Elite level ,margin of error slim to none and demands even higher .

Gary ,not sure if all goes to plan ,if does I will make it
    Listen to Fields Of Gold,banks my own Lovely lee ,and with two others should shorten journey if did go.

I would went hurling sunday but it was behind closed doors

Cuthbert said today he learned from mistakes .The starting 15 tell us that.
    They have learned with there own kickouts to be fair,as the new strategy ,i saw very impressive.

CORK LADIES
    http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/05/12/oh-phelan-great-start-roisin-league-final-debut/

The ladies ,you couldnt ,blame over exaggeration ,to say Cork would win All ireland or dominate the next few years,simply there is a basis to that argument,a manager that has won 17 national titles ,kept evolving the team as Corkery said .

I see many pundits are saying Cork are a real threat to dublin this year in mans game.Year one,a lot of questions that have to be answered and jury is still out ,on management and certain players ,I cant understand how were that highely rated.Dublin we just beat by a point in march,they blew us away league final,we drew tyrone ,scraped over Derry,blown away by Mayo -i don't see how we are ahead of kerry ,Mayo etc .

Beating kildare and westmeath ,at home was good but that was expected.Kerry had no interest in our game,despite what they proclaim.

WE had a lot of progress made,but we fell so behind the rest under counihan,we have huge ground to make up.And were in year one .
    Meath were impressive yesterday ,v galway,and a good test for Cork away ,as they play fast fluid football ,and are bound to test our half backs.
    Cork would do well to win there.Could be highscoring game .

Junior football Sean O donuhghe 2-2 inniscarra.Only junior ,however for a minor thats good going.Interesting Liam Collins and Aron Raw two teamates in School B all ireland title win played ,and Raw meant to have been very good.
    Tomas o connor minor hurler had a part to play .
    Colm o neill played well for Ballyclough weekend beaten by Kilshannig .He got most there scores.Hes getting fitter each game.Damien Buckley ,Cork minor came on a sub and had a good game.

Killan o hanlon meant had good game kilshannig in the Derby game.

Anyone know Ard scoil v Midelton???rice cup on this week please

Horse I share your sentiments

You must be overmoon with mtichelstown the weekend

Good win alright lad, it'll keep the crowd on the hill over the road quiet for awhile anyway! More to do though

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Just looking thru the Cork Develpoment squads in hurling . Some talent if it can be worked on properly. I see Charleville have 4 on the u.17 squad, good going and easy to see now why Charleville CBS are doing very well in Colleges competitions with very small pool of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

I agree with you 100% about it being very surprising that so many pundits seem to see Cork as the main threat to Dublin. Although, I see that the Sunday Game analysts are going for Mayo as their 2nd pick.

Paddy Power still has Cork as 2nd favourites at 11/2 with Mayo 6/1.

Although Connaught and Munster are not that competitive - we've seen that Kerry have a good record against us, winning 6 of the last Munster Titles to our 4. Kerry had a similar league campaign as last season. We did well but as you say, we came up well short on a few occasions and we have issues at MF, in the FB line and with GK kick-outs.

Kerry lost Cooper but we lost Colm Sheehan and we've had away more retirements. Kerry's record in CP and their tradition would suggest that they are a much better bet than us this season. I'm hopeful that we can beat them in PUC as home advantage has been important but I think it will be very close and they could beat us.

Did Cubby give an interview ?

Smith614 wrote: »
    Just looking thru the Cork Develpoment squads in hurling . Some talent if it can be worked on properly. I see Charleville have 4 on the u.17 squad, good going and easy to see now why Charleville CBS are doing very well in Colleges competitions with very small pool of players.

Paudie butlers nephews doing great work there

I fancy team dean ryan cup next year

Tim o mahony newtown great cenre back/centre forward

Have limerick gem paddy o loughlin kilmaclk

A current minor

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

cubbys only interview was the usual 'we learned from Dublin game' etc and they probably have, his main part of yesterday was to confirm how well the dual player situation is going, despite having not seen the dual players since the Dublin game and not seeing any of them until week before musnter semi final - now if I was a squad player breaking my balls and a fella parachuted in the week before championship and got his game despite showing no form I would be well pissed off. Its clear from seanie McGrath (JBMs real right hand man btw) that the 4 dual players will all be STARTERS if fit.

cubbys only interview was the usual 'we learned from Dublin game' etc and they probably have, his main part of yesterday was to confirm how well the dual player situation is going, despite having not seen the dual players since the Dublin game and not seeing any of them until week before musnter semi final - now if I was a squad player breaking my balls and a fella parachuted in the week before championship and got his game despite showing no form I would be well pissed off. Its clear from seanie McGrath (JBMs real right hand man btw) that the 4 dual players will all be STARTERS if fit.
    As for cork beign 2nd favourites for sam -crazy stuff, while the team has improved marginally, what they have sacrificed is that mental and physical toughness for championship at this level and that has to be earned the hard way. its clear players like cadogan, walsh, goulding, gould will never be as good as we thought they would be and each is struggling to start, shields is very quiet so its actually the 2010 minor team which cubby built who will lead cork to their next all Ireland senior championship win imo.
    Mayo would bully us, Donegal if they get a spark would beat us, while new media darlings monaghan are a tough team. The dubs have the current teams number.
    Kerry will get a kick but like ourselves not good enough to win an all Ireland this year either.
    Quite pessimistic about our chances this year having considered the league semi and the dual impact, Kerry will have focused totally and utterly on the munster final while potentially the spine of our defence and midfield will only have a week or 2's football done for then and have the distraction of hurling

After clyda game sunday had said Kissane had a superb game,i did ,say Cork must not get carried away. Club game,small ptich to croke park,against averagely good club players but NOT INTERCOUNTY standard bar one who could be,and one who was a fine player for Cork. Kissane ex cork player,great servant,i would expect a player with cv Of Kissanes to dominate these games.I had a feeling,Cork media ,as they tend to do ,down the years ,get carried away with it .The Cork media imo,didnt judge within face value imo Kissanes display in reference it was good enough for Cork..It had a front page ,picture Paudie ,and said he rolled backs the years.Great game yes,he was unquestionably superb.A goal and 3.

I must add that Supplment gaa coverage yesterday was awesome in most club games were covered in and outside the County.Credit due. He wouldnt get in that in an Intercounty Game lets be honest. This was Skib ,in fairness ,hardly Kings of Club game,like haven or Nemo.The media saying Clyda had a huge shock ,beating them.Twas never a shock ,in as Ned English said"Game would be won by heads not the boot and he said hes words Mental Resolve. A team that lost 3 counties finals,won it finally ,Never a problem mental resolve and ,once they werent tired ,always going to be close game .To say it was a huge shock in the paper,to me is Again undercrediting Clyda ,as if they are miles of that level.Munster Club Champions ,A coach that Won Munster club twice,(won title with Drom Broadford )two all ireland Senior medalists,3 lads that played underage for Cork,had huge postives going in to the game. But in the report then,he would merit a recall to Cork with cuthbert and there would be Hardly one fan at the game ,that would say he wouldnt merit recall if he wanted to go back,a bit of an exxageration imo.

I like others at that match,certainly wouldnt want paudi ,anywhere near the Cork Set up ,and even some in clyda are honest to say that ,as The Game Clyda play ,people would do Well to realise under English is Completly worlds apart Cork new style ,15 v15,all about pace ,spatial awarness,pure kick passing ,with Cuthbhert.Im a huge fan of Paudi as a player,what he achieved,hes bravery ,that regard and a huge fan Clyda but theres no benfit in expecting the lad do a job he cant. Clyda play 12 men at times behind the Opponents blanket system,half forwards,are defenders,like 12's in rubgy,they tackle hard,turn over ball,run direct and in to contact ,such is their strength they then offload via hand pass . Its a swarm defence as Clyda cant afford another style in total football. It would be shocking for any manager go away with the possesion game with this team. Yes they have went more counter attacking this year ,but Clyda are still build from the back up. Kissane gets the ball,instinct is hold it up ,then lay it off to runners ,counter attack .Goal was well taken,however huge difference in that goal and doing it in croke park against dublin with less time to do it.

Cork counter game ,is based on moving the ball seconds faster via boot with 40 yard pass etc. Kissane is lateral ,hand passing at times,and thats suits ,clyda at club level.Yes he had a key part in most clyda scores .That what a Intercounty player should do at club,as lets be Honest he has had years,of top class strength conditioning,played against and with some of the best footballers in the game ,and Nutrition,recovery,etc he is going to be ahead of some club lads. What yesterday didnt show was he gained pace,i mean pace not endurance.Theres a difference betwee both and imo it is often confused in pace,and endurance.Paudi palmer once said doing a match on radio,a player was fast as he ran a lot marathons. Not necessarily true imo.Marathons runners tend to be endurance,stamina ,very fit etc .Yes can be fast over that distance .BUT 800m sprinter or like eammon wallace a sprinter ,with Meath ,now thats speed.Real speed. he type of training Matthews does with Cork ,Interval work etc If wallace was fit and he was up against Paudie,Wallace would win every time. He probably would beat cahalane too-cahalane be lot closer to him.

People that say ,paudie should come back or even hint at that would want to 2012 v clare or against dublin as a sub or last year when he started, how he was past intercounty and Real pace he was miles of.A huge difference In beating an o donovan rossa club man for pace ,and coming up against the Paul flynns Or Darren Sullivans etc. A poor kickpasser of the ball,shown by penalty miss v kilteragh and hes bad wide v dublin last year ,also people forget. What they did say which is 100 per cent ,is he had real leadership,and that was never in doubt,a brave player,and when you wanted him he stood up.In old slow games,it was fine ,now , it wouldnt be enough as in the modern game you must have pace,and natural instinctive fooT ball and kick passing . Cork have leaders like cadogan,shields ,loughrey at the back with likes new player ,crowley,brian o driscoll,cahalane ,clancys etc that are natural footballer that must be developed not go back to the past with Kissane .

It never ceases amaze me , in cork,at times.Its almost guranteed imo,Cathal Naughton ,is going to cut loose,and be superb for newtown in a club game, ,Aoc doing the same Carbery ,Cussen get two goal against a poor full back,and our headlines be ,cork must look at these again,when ,They have all had there days,Aoc had great days and Cork should be grateful to him, others flattered to decieve at times . What people would be better of doing that would Actually Serve Cork better is realise Kisane future isnt with cork playing,the focus should be primarily on hes coaching benfits to Cork,and be fair got great coverage lead up to tipp,be raising hes coaching profile as he is becoming like I said after watching clare ist training ,a top top coach and id recommend any cork lad watch clare train with him,he has superb drills and tempo. And the next minor ,u21 job that comes up,they should be pushing hes name,he would be a tremendous coach for cork ,and if he is overlooked should ask ???to board etc why he overlooked than say he has a future with cork if we wanted him back,which imo is not correct.He has no future as A cork player,as a Coach Absoultey down the line.Real science to hes coaching.

The man of the match imo was niall o mullane and some would agree,in kissane did what you expect,mullane never a minor,junior,u21 trials and correctly so ,and never as far as I know played college football ,was superb yesterday ,and covered an amount of ball,and in the early years was a forward,but he now a defender ,he played above himself and he was there best player on the field. The amount of ball he sweeped up and at times cut of the supply to hodnett ,stood out.That Was unreal,and you could justify great praise ,and it be actually injustice if hes display was underestimated.
    Same age as Pauid I think. ITS the easy option imo ,to give kissane motm ,as hes the Cork player,the easy read etc . Kissane is pivotal to Clyda but as I said yesterday ,A dose of reality got to prevail,not what we need for Cork ,and at 34 not the future for cork . He is a fairytale story,the comeback kid,couldnt make ist cork term,stuck at it ,and won an all ireland.And for that he endeared himselef to The Cork Public and righty so. But ,you must judge hes performances at face value.As proven he was suspect against fast forwards.Its the same ,if Noel O Leary ,has a blinder for Muskery ,or Canty with Carbery,what next ,Southern star run a headline ,Cork could do with them .Unlike hurling when jbm in year 1 lot new guys,we have lot old heads in team.Time new leaders to Step up.Kerrigan captain of nemo,example is beginning,credit due to do that.Colm,doc,goulding,walsh,etc we have expierence etc

Like that famous headline ,Cork 2011 af er tippereary ,hurling one win u21,WHAT CRISIS. How fickle and naive that headline was ,and as every day without an even Munster title,it shows how naive and unlogic it was as it failed to look within that one victory,and should know One Swallow Never makes a Summer or Never will. We had it last year two weeks before All Ireland final, An Cork were Destined to Win The Hurling ist day as jbm had 99 written all over it We had it after Dublin League game,Cork destined to win Trophies this year. Fair enough,there opinions but they imo had no real substance backing them up ,yet it paints a wrong picture in Cork,when many people at grass roots level ,knew we had nothing to back it up with. We havent won a U21 game since 2011.Thank god kerry arent at u21,as (mean no dissrespect to them)but jesus Cork played them and won ,some in cork would nearly claim that was an achievement . When ,no just no,It would be A Disaster ,cork u21 even contemplated loosing kerry in hurling .DID Man utd glorify a meaningless,Charity shield cup win to keep Moyles.No there Winners,gave moyles time,that Changed when he failed to get a 4th place champions League Place,that was Mininum standard,draw That broke the Camels back. Cork must have Mininum Standards that no matter what circumstances are be met.A director of hurling would do that that .

IWAS hoping we get ,STILL IN CRISIS ,last year Headline splashed all over the back page ,as We need someone to tell the home truths and call a spade a spade at U21 like Spillane in kerry did ,but we wont get it in cork .If there was such media coverage,it would draw attention to it.And thats not being harsh or negative,just being realistic as many accept cork u21 is in a Crisis .
    A good read
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/cuthbert-we-learned-from-dubs-defeat-268365.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/cadogan-close-to-being-in-frame-for-cork-opener-268369.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

county championship in clare this weekend as well

Good man. Just saved me 10 lids...;)

• Advertisement

Cork team won challenge casheLs 1-26 to 1-23

Team was
    Nash,joyce,mcdonnell,conor sul,cahalane,ellis,egan
    Haughney,walsh

Jamie(finally played at 10,, I heard he played good)cooper,cian mac

Cadogan,o shea,bud

Harnedy,lehane,pebbles,lawton subs

I said saturday ,that horgan,harnedy ,etc key player should be rested not get full if any game time.
    Glad that was done as ,cork still had strong team in that challenge

The team was put echo tonight.I didnt post team orignally as word was they were keeping it low key,such game in limerick,closed doors prior the change
    But it was in the paper now.
    To be honest I see no problem team in paper etc ,as there was no mention of. Specific drills etc
    And credit echo naming it there,generates hype for the game .

Imo as Isaid today Cork team t
    13 starterst in two weeks,nash,,macci,conor sul,lorchan ,egan,o neill,kearney,lehane,alan cads,cronin,horgan ,walsh ,harnedy

Ellis or lawton depends where put walsh too which could have a bearing on joyce or cahalane as ellis start at 9,joyce or cahalane could be half back
    Or if ellis goes to 6,could be walsh at 9 with lawton at 12 etc

Echo says ellis is set to start
    And cahalane or joyce is where one place I feel is up grabs as imo
    MAccie is set to start at 3 ,having played Sunday which is a poor call if it happens but least cahalane was there team could swap with maccie however ,that would mean ,joyce looes out ,and that to me is harsh with joyce .
    Id start joyce ,chahalane at 3.
    There huge fans of Ellis.
    If he starts and has a poor game then no excuses,musnt get chance after chance.
    Horgan in the paper said cooper played well.I say it again,a real talent is Bill .

I think it is incredible that after all we have learned they are honestly looking at McDonnell as a 3 and that joyce for some unknown reason is being shunted to corner back or losing out altogether to cahalane or ellis at wing back - this is not the solution to corks ongoing defensive problems and shows to me that despite the allegedly brilliant training these fellas are doing the management have failed starting championship to address the real issues in defence, luckily Waterford don't score goals and are in disarray with their injuries otherwise this would be a close game.

That is a worry to me too. We have 3 excellent corner backs in o neill Conor sull and maccie. Joyce should never be played in there imho. Killian Murphy who was dropped is superior in the corner to Joyce. Maccie isn't a natural 3 at all just not commanding enough and is an out an out hurler. Shane Walsh will prob start at 14 for wford who's prob past his best by now but could cause maccie trouble under a high ball .Very hard to fathom the thinking behind management's thinking.
    Eoin Keane seems to have fallen out of favour which is regrettable but he hasn't done enough for me and his pace and lack thereof will be more pronounced in the summer I feel.
    You're right we might get away with it against wford but we will pay a high price again this year if it's not sorted out.

Some realistic posting here ,imo regards hurling.

I said it all year after every game ,real issues we had and it isnt addressed is a poor reflection on management that 3 was never Seen as VItAl to Cork ,and many pundits constanly look to blame the half back as Main Culprits last year when Its Clear as day our full back is a huge aera concern.

I say again ,Every Team ,at school even Ard Scoil,kilkenny cbs and Hamilton built there harty cup on Solid full backs ,minor team will be same with Gunning or Seamus bourke ,even our inermediate team could have better 3 thanSeniors ,and Hurling has changed many aspects of the game ,but one thing that has Never or Wont change is the FUNADEMENTAl CRUICIAL BASIC REQUIRMENT 100 PER CENT PARMOUNTAL TO HAVE A COMMANDING NATURAL FULL BACK In Any Hurling team .Its like trying to win a game of rubgy at elite level without a capable outhalf .Impossible ,and you may win one game,but you will be found out in time .

Hamilton with Macsweeney for example had a better full back than We have ,as he was a soild staple presence at 3 ,something cork dont have.

In 2007 semple gate Aftermatch We had go with Eoin Dillion yet he was much better than what we have now.

Honestly ,Maccie or shane at 3 is our worst full back since Richie browne was our full back .Riche lacked a real presence and had a tendency to one hand hurl(vital flaw as a hurler,im a firm belive ,god gave you two hands ,use them with a hurl ,one handed hurling is no good to pull on a ball,.
    One handed pulls in hurling is just imo awful to watch .
    Cadogan when he had lots club hurling in 2008 ,made debut or 09,man match v tipp was solid at 3 .
    As time moved on he had weak spot ,but was never roasted at 3.
    Maccie was taken to the cleaners in league,challenges and championship.
    Cadogan for obivous reasons isnt optionable now.

I geuinely believe next year ,should look at jack sheehan.From what I heard if true ,management arent even aware he was playing at 3 ul.
    What is alarming is he has got more mention in waterford media ,than he has ever got in cork holding murice shanahan.Read waterford paper months ago report ul v waterford ,and He was Stand out.
    I don't think he has ONce being mentioned in cork ,as playing with Ul and worth a look.
    Brian Lohan may or not be a proven manager but him and eoin brislane(good coach ex meath tipp hurler,tough hardy player know what makes a full back as both were full back and full forwards respfctively and know what a 3 has to have rate him.

Somebody wrote a letter to The Echo ,advocating Carrigs ,corner back be worth look with cork,and they said keep an eye him with interest over that
    People ,some ,dont realise Corner Backs isnt or never has been a problem in Cork ,the last 15 years etc.

SHeehan has problems with knee injuries but got clear run .Played centre forward against Joyce ,once ,was titantic battle and he won hes fair share ball.This lad unlike Mcdonnell can actually consistenly catch aerial balls.Hurl both sides.
    If had coaching ,could he get better,quite possible.HE also defends the square.

Keane was a live option and may be ,again but like I said would happen,he got roasted ,at half back against tipp,should never been in there,waterford crystal cup v ucc wet day showed that ,and that ruined hes confidence ,and then cork play man at 3 when he should played at 3 ist .

Maybee jack wouldnt want to commit,who knows,at least watch lad and make an approach.

He is 24.Is he up to it????
    We wont know til we the try man .
    I wish to god someone in cork would have look at lad next time he plays next year at 3 if he does ul ,and if managenent cnt make limerick,lots cork men,wallis,fraggie with lit in limerick that could have a look at the lad.

People say discpilne is a problem.
    That can be worked on.
    To prove this 2003 as a 19 or 20 year old ,noel o leary got a card every league game cork,7 in a row I think ,then got two yellows ,got sent of v tyrone in hes SENIor debut season.

He was told,control aggression than Wreckless intent ,is key,as your better for cork on the field than of it.He duly obliged to be a great,great player .

Jack needs to be told the same ,but at least he has that Physicality,bite so bad wanted by management ,and its better have that than have an an a choir boy at 3 and your trying to tell be tough etc .

Maccie could have good game v waterford,dread to think what Clare,kk or tipp would to him or Wexford as they have twice proven with Mcdonald and Guiney .

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

Only made the one game over the weekend,Clon vs Nicks.

Clon started poorly but finished strongly,but Nicks fell apart once Clon got in front,theres not much to read into Clons performance,they used the wind and the conditions to their advantage in the second half,bit of experience from a few lads helped the younger lads through.

Defence is dodgy in both corner back positions,and a physical team will really push them around as alot of them are young and a bit naive when in possession,running down blind alleys or into tackles.

Still tho,to lose your manager a week beforehand,its a result they'll be pleased with.

Only made the one game over the weekend,Clon vs Nicks.

Clon started poorly but finished strongly,but Nicks fell apart once Clon got in front,theres not much to read into Clons performance,they used the wind and the conditions to their advantage in the second half,bit of experience from a few lads helped the younger lads through.

Defence is dodgy in both corner back positions,and a physical team will really push them around as alot of them are young and a bit naive when in possession,running down blind alleys or into tackles.

Still tho,to lose your manager a week beforehand,its a result they'll be pleased with.

How did clancy and sean white at half forward do?

The manager ,one of the joints lads leaving would if anything been postive not that he was bad just

Eddie kirwan nemo took main role and hes top class

Speaking nemo beaten tonight by passage ,after winning intermediate senior going clean sweep

Was sthephen o brien manager?senior playing nemo anyone know

Cathal cronin ,clyda managed ,aghabolluge win weekend

Another solid team on there day

Dublin playing offaly hurling sunday challenge
    Expect huge win dublin so waterford result be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

Both did ok,nothing fancy,Clancy was never troubled throughout the game,was composed on the ball,White linked up play very well,ran at Nicks when he had the chance.

Yeah the whole Kirwan thing puzzles me tbh,from talking to alot of Clon football people theres a certain amount of regret that they had to bring in an outsider,and a Nemo man at that,there'd be no love lost between either club,thats not to belittle Kirwan as a football man in any way,his record speaks for itself but they feel someone should have been found from within the club.

They played goot football at times on Saturday,and a win is a win,but I feel against a more experienced big mobile football team with a decent forward line they could be exposed badly.

Still though,a very young team,alot of new faces,avoided a 2nd round game so everything is a bonus from here on in.

http://www.labour.ie/press/2014/05/13/lynch-welcomes-30-million-boost-for-cork/

Cork to get 30m goverment funding for Pairc,that nearly half ,67 million(cost seems be 70 now some say ,is that true???)

Please note I aint politically afilated to labour ,my interest post purely gaa,the reason I post link labour is seems no other link bar politcal links announcing it.Just picked that link.

30 million.There was talk of funding IN the papers months ago,i never thought 30m.
    Frank must be delighted.Surley now ,we have money invest underage ,you would like to think

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Anyone know Ard scoil v Midelton???rice cup on this week please

Charleville at 1.30pm on Thursday

• Advertisement

Charleville at 1.30pm on Thursday

Thanks very much Denis much appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement