Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Scorers for Cork: D Óg Hodnett 2-1, J Hayes 1-0, F Goold, 0-3, P Kerrigan 0-3, B Hurley, D Goulding, 1f, 0-2 each, J Loughrey, R Deane 0-1 each.

Scorers for Meath: D Bray 0-3, B McMahon 0-2, 1f, P O’Rourke, f, D Tobin, S Curran, S O’Rourke, B O’Brien, A Tormey, J Wallace, D Larkin 0-1 each.

CORK: K O’Halloran; C Dorman, M Shields, N Galvin; J Loughrey, Tom Clancy, B O’Driscoll; S Dineen, F Goold; R Deane, P Kerrigan, M Collins; J O’Rourke, B Hurley, J Hayes.

Subs: D Hanrahan for O’Halloran, D Goulding for Hayes, D Og Hodnett for Dineen (all h-t), P Kelly for Loughrey (44), Tomás Clancy for O’Driscoll (48).

MEATH: P O’Rourke; M Burke, C Young, E Harrington; D Tobin, D Keogan, S Curran; S O’Rourke, A Flanagan; J McEntee, B O’Brien, A Tormey; B McMahon, D Bray, J Wallace.

Subs: B Meade for McEntee (41), P Gilsenan for Tobin (45), D Carroll for O’Brien (45), H Rooney for Flanagan, D Lenihan for Wallace (both 51), D Larkin for Harrington (58).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Haughney isnt available for Sunday ,he is injuried but he is no loss to the starting 15 imo.
    Waterford are without Maurice Shan,Dillion and Molumphy who is a huge huge loss ,and they don't haved the bench we do.A lot of young talent but not proven or ,battle hardened ,where even without Luke we have depth.Moylan , alan cadogan,paudie ,gives us options.

Eoin cadogan, it sounds harsh,but he is zero loss imo,and would actually hinder cork ,as he has zero hurling done.I read cuthberts interview echo the other night ,and he said he wont pick anyone that isnt training.Eoin should take note.

I heard that waterford v tipp in thurles last tuesday brick walsh played a sweeper and make no mistake about it,he wont play as a natural 9 wont have the pace,but hes reading,instinct,and hurling means he could be superb as a sweeper in Clare style with one of the half forwards dropping deep ,to the middle and a full forward filling the void.

Cork will blow waterford away if its a shoot out,we have too many john waynes so to speak.If its a ,close,sweeper,war of attrition ,they make it close game ,we should have too much,if they had full team,we could of been in trouble .

Prengerast would be a huge concern to Cork at 14 ,as he is everything,Shan o neill,maccie ,cant do,win aerial ball and create scores.And prengerast uses hes body well,macdonnell and shane are out out hurlers,and cant defend those type of lads .

As for lawlor,great servant and player,but Horgan,cadogan or cronin have hes number however id go with lawlor any day at 3 than our choices .Cadogan,harnedy could expose him for pace.Horgan isnt blistering fast ,could do the same though.
    We may get away with Our weak aeras at full simply as they are without key players .

What Cork simply musnt do is have lehane at 14,he is not suited to that role.Harnedy,cronin,cadogan or horgan can play there .

Ellis is going to start ,and thats a huge worry ,but against waterford may get away with it,clare will expose hes weak aeras .The only way id play ellis is name him ,at 9 ,play him as sweeper,walsh at 12 play as 9,and horgan dropping out to half forward with two inside.
    Id still have to be convinced by Mark,but that system gives him a chance.

It is better we get a close game ,and hope waterford play a sweeper as Clare will.Only way jbm is going to change corks way is by sweeping systems constansty facing us .The penney has got to drop with cork and a sweeper sooner than later .

Was at football sunday,good win,meath were poor ,but ,Credit cork good win ,but that was a 2nd rate meath team.Unfortunately kildare wont test us this weekend either.

Loughrey was good,very much attack minded.Im a huge fan,but one aera im slighty concerned with is hes defending at times is loose and in mallow game last week and that game at times is caught out of position.

Dinneen had a good game,debut,worked hard,and won lot ball.Distrubition at times poor,but ist game ,thats expected.

Deane as a half forward ,playing in midfreld ,good game,again worked hard,lovely point.Great deane got full game.Credit where due,cuthbert giving him that chance but dinnen should got a full game unless he was injured.Must start together v kildare.

Kerrigan ,great game,wonderful,energy,vigour and drive in a challenge game,turned a corner,attuide last 7 games couldnt fault him.

Rourke is a corner forward,very much out of place,too much of a free spirit,must be in thick of action.

Hurley was quiet but wouldnt worry bout that.

Hayes got a goal,didnt really do it for me again .Compare hes half to Hodnett who got 2-1,,made two other points,he had superb half.
    That lad has it all.
    Dorman corner back ,okay,again isnt suited to it and wallace had him in trouble at times .Huge concern management keep playing him in the Corner.
    Shields great battle with bray,fine game after rocky start .

Brian o driscoll very good game wouldnt taken him off ,some man kick a ball over 40 yards.

Noel galvin had a fine game,solid out .

Nemo hammered mallow u21 saturday.One player that stood out was Chizodene obegene ,hes work rate and running was immense,a real half forward ,that tracks back,and creates so much for inside line.Imo ,he Must get call to the Cork minors.im not exaggerating,watch this lad in the semi final,superb super player.He is better than whats ahead of him imo.Extremely strong for a minor.Real pace.

Very Much a Team player,totally unselfish.
    Sunday excitment is building I cant wait.

Waterford have a big game in them ,and Frank flannery is a top coach,but no excuses if cork loose that game Sunday.

And Intermediaes have huge game v tipp ,meant be solid waterford team,cork should win though.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/05/20/uncertainty-key-positions-rebel-team/

Compelte dissaster if mcdonnell is 3 and ellis at 6 ,and Cian Mac at 12.

That would imo indicate ,our management dont learn mistkes.Cian mac,challenge games done what he does solid,thats it.We dont need hes physicality with ,walsh ,harnedy options ,and cronin.

If walsh is 9,cooper has same cut,bite,strength as cian,not same hurling sharpness yet ,but hes far far more mobile than Cian ,and would with lawton be much better choice to startg

The part that Cahalane is too rugged for 3,is imo questionable,in thatr exactly what we need.
    Some in cork question cahalane at full back yet after numerous,numerous dissasters,at 3,mcdonnell and o neill ,positions arent questioned at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

Thanks for the report on the game v Meath. TTM. It's a pity Meath didn't play their 1st 15. Was is a waste of time from Cork's persepctive ?

I see Hanrahan played the 2nd half - did you notice any difference in the kick-outs ?

Looks like Cadogan won't be starting the Munster Semi and probably Cahalane or Walsh either. Maybe we'll go with Ken, Jamie, Shields, Galvin, Loughrey, Clancy, Clancy, Dineen, Gould, O Rourke, Kelly, Kerrigan, Hodnett, Hurley, Colm. But at least 7 slots are still up for grabs.

Would you see Hodnett or Goulding starting ? If Colm doesn't start, we would need Dan's free taking. Looks like Vaughan is still not fit.

Do you know where the Kildare game is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Wford team for sunday. All as expected with the notable exception of seamus prender. Big step up for austin gleeson straight out of minor

• Advertisement

That waterford team is very beatable,thats picked.
    Lot young talent but a huge ask,huge ask to expect not just one but most them hit ground running in their debuts .

Bourke is a fine young player ,saw lad ul v ucc fresher in spring and he had a super game .
    Im not sure if corner back is hes aera.

Alan Cadogan is going to be a handful ,if he starts,even if o conors marks him.
    Lawlor is there for the taking.Theres goals for cork if there ruthless.
    Nagle and brick are solid,brick spectular but ,Harnedy more than capable breaking even.Be wrong cork had cian mac on him.Brick would lord it.The way to beat brick is to move him around,harnedy be ideal to do it.

Lehane is more than capable of beating nagle ,even though he is good.Coughlan is okay,imo nothing to fear.

Moran is a real war horse and great hurler ,i wonder is he the sweeper with glesson dropping to 9 and dillion or sulliuvan etc going to half forward.

Glesson is going to be awesome,but hardly be sunday.Kearney,walsh would have too much expierence for him.He could do a seamus harnedy debut yes,but I doubt he would roast kearney if hes at midfield or egan if he starts at 12 and egan starts at 7 for cork.

O mahony could cause ellis huge problems.
    Dillion is a danger.

I wouldnt fear the full forward unit at all,they may lead offaly a merry dance ,but no way will they roast shane or conor.
    And walsh for all maccie weakness at 3 ist the one to expose him,and will suit macdonnell and wont cause sullivan or o neill to have cover him and leave there own men free .

Mahony and dillion ,are imo,dangers mainly and I cant see waterford getting a huge score and even if they go for a sweeper hard see them have enough still to beat us.Dunford is meant be to lightening fast,but Lorchan should be able for him .
    Having seen that team,and presuming it aint a dummy team ,cahalane be ideal for 3,maccie at 5,with joyce and egan in that unit with lorchan as a sweeper,walsh at 9 ,and two man full forward line .I doubt it will be the team though.

Cork imo,should and must win it ,at least 5 points ,and I wouldnt read too much in to a win if we get it ,as waterford ,were expected to beat and they have a lot of injuries .
    Be interesting to hear Cork senior team,thursday,and intermediate team tommorrow night.

That football game i,wouldnt read a lot in to it ,but still ,you can learn dorman isnt or never be a competent corner back ,half back yes ,and Hayes ,turns up when it suits imo.
    Deane and dinneen tougher tasks ahead but showed potential .

Hodnett is not going to start imo,colm and goulding are certaines to start imo with hurley.

Hayes may be and could be likey sub.I wouldnt and said it all along have him as a sub,hodnett be a better sub .

Kickouts ,had no real relvance to meath game as meath so poor with and without possesion.Cork didnt show there hand in that regard too much.I have no worries re kickout ,and hanaharan great get half,but Ken is no 1.

Game is in cork as far im aware v kildare havent heard exact venue or time yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

Hoping for a good game on Sunday but I think it is really too much to ask for Waterford this time, Cant remember the last time we went into the game with some many debutantes, and not only that but guys who have no form line whatsoever in playing with the seniors, add this to a forward line that has not had the players in a long time and even before that relied almost totally on Mullane.

All the talk of injuries, yes we are crippled with them but most of these guys have it would seem to be chronically injured for the last few years, like with Fives and O'Halloran always niggly muscle tears, it is sad to say but it is looking like they will never get the opportunity to fufill there undoubted potential.

Derek McGrath's team to me looks like a manager who is thinking a few years down the line and as it says above they need to be thrown in to become battlehardened, I think it may be a tough year or two but there is serious talent there and I think Waterford will contend again soon if those lads are minded.

Cork are just a few more years down the road than us and will come out on top here, but a good performance from Waterford and if these new players show up well, it will be a cause of great optimism for us looking forward to the next few years.

Cant wait to be in thurles on Sunday, simply nothing like that feeling of going to the Munster hurling championship there

CORK INTERMEDIATE HURLING TEAM V WATERFORD 21/05/2014
    The Cork Intermediate Hurling team to play Waterford in the Munster Quarter-Final on Sunday at 2pm in Thurles will line out as follows:

1. Richie Cunningham (Youghal)
    2. Brian O’Sullivan (Fermoy)
    3. Alan Dennehy (Charleville)
    4. John O'Callaghan (Inniscarra - Captain)
    5. Cormac Murphy (Mallow)
    6. Ross Cashman (Kilbrittain)
    7. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery)
    8. Nicky Kelly (Mayfield)
    9. John Cronin (Lisgoold)
    10. Barry Lawton (Castlemartyr)
    11. Peter O’Brian (Kildorrery)
    12. Michael O’Sullivan (Tracton)
    13. Colm Casey (Inniscarra)
    14. Jamie Wall (Kilbrittain)
    15. Mark Kenefick (Ballygarvan)

Subs
    16. James Mc Sweeney (Bandon)
    17. Barra Ó Tuama (Castlemartyr)
    18. John Grace (Youghal)
    19. Tadhg Healy (Buttevant)
    20. Colm Barry (Castlelyons)
    21. Colm Spillane (Castlelyons)
    22. Ronan Crowley (Bandon)
    23. David Drake (Carrigaline)
    24. John Sheehan (Argideen Rangers)

Management
    Liam Hayes (Dromina) - Coach
    Pat O'Connell (Delany's)
    Seamus Lawton (Castlemartyr)
    Peter Brennan (Ballinhassig)
    Jerry Linehan (Inniscarra)

Pretty much close to the panel I said here two weeks ago,no great suprises,strong panel,maybee lacking a real tappy fast bally hurler 10-15 but this team is certainly capable beating waterford and getting a munster title.

Im suprised david drake isnt starting and spillane ,but spillane had a bad run of injuries.

Dennehy had a fine season with cit and be interesting how he gets on.
    O sullivan I think ,not sure is eligble u21,is solid as is callaghan in the corners.

Murphy was and is senior panel,cashman and walsh played senior and that at this level is a top line.
    Walsh should imo be playing at 4 and not 2 o clock in thurles Sunday ,much better than ellis.
    Cronin and kelly two great energtic players,wont go missing and cronin is real forager and could swap with michael sul if needs be.
    Sullivan is the engine of the team and with o brien ,there is a lot of ball winning at half forward.
    Wall is a solid target man played half back for mary i,fitz final last year is a fine free taker and casey ,not up to senior,but 4th year aprox at this grade is a fine goal poacher and with cit plenty big game expierence.

Good team,well prepared and coached.my only issue imo is tadhg healy,and john grace,two great club men and healy minor winner cork 2001 dont offer cork much in terms potential progression to o senior in terms of ,age profile and talent etc.

Most of the team is young and ,with some ,they may develop and id much prefer other new lads to be there instead ,and be given a chance to develop,but overall im happy with that team and credit management for it and there isnt many with u21 commitment in there and some are just out of the grade so they should be fresh in terms of hurling.

1. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
    2. Shane O’Neill (Bishopstown)
    3. Damien Cahalane (St. Finbarr’s)
    4. Stephen McDonnell (Glen Rovers)
    5. Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsaigh)
    6. Mark Ellis (Millstreet)
    7. Lorcan McLoughlin (Kanturk)
    8. Daniel Kearney (Sarsfields)
    9. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
    10. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
    11. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfields)
    12. Patrick Cronin (Bishopstown - Captain)
    13. Alan Cadogan (Douglas)
    14. Seamus Harnedy (St. Ita’s)
    15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

Subs
    16. Darren McCarthy (Ballymartle)
    17. Conor O’Sullivan (Sarsfields)
    18. Killian Burke (Midleton)
    19. Willian Egan (Kilbrin)
    20. Rob O’Shea (Carrigaline)
    21. Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr)
    22. Bill Cooper (Youghal)
    23. Jamie Coughlan (Newtownshandrum)
    24. Paudie O’Sullivan (Cloyne)
    25. Stephen Moylan (Douglas)
    26. Brian Hartnett (Midleton)

Jimmy Barry-Murphy has handed Munster Championship débuts to dual players Damien Cahalane (St. Finbarr’s), who played in a an All-Ireland qualifier against Wexford in 2012, and 2010 All-Ireland Senior Football medallist Aidan Walsh (Kanturk). There are also first Championship starts for Millstreet’s Mark Ellis and Alan Cadogan of Douglas, who both featured strongly in this year’s Allianz League, with the latter also starring for the Cork U21 footballers. The remaining eleven players all started for Cork in the All-Ireland Final replay last year, with Brian Murphy having since retired and Luke O’Farrell unavailable through injury. Conor O’Sullivan and William Egan, who also started that replay, are named in the substitutes, as is Paudie O’Sullivan, who returns to the panel after a year-long absence through injury.

Happy enough with that team. Looks like they're finally coming around to the problems at 3. At 6 is the big big question with Ellis assuming they line out as selected. As a whole that hb line is lacking pace I think so we'll see how it works out. Egan should have made that jersey his by now, it's a wake up call for him if he didn't already know it.
    Also concerned at 11 with cian there maybe it's to try and nullify brick or Moran but I've my doubts. I don't see how he's ahead of others there now. I'm hoping that Harnedy and Cronin switch.
    That's a seriously strong bench with game changing forwards to come on if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Looking to buy some tickets for the match on Sunday but cant remember what way the seating runs in the Killinan side of the new stand.
    I know in the Town End side ,the seating number in each block increases nearer the town,i.e the lower the seat number the better.
    Is it the same at the other side of the stand ,i.e the higher the number of the seat the closer to the half way line ?
    Many thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with that team. Still a few questions to be answered but that's good I think. Bench looks stronger than last year. I think they should win well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Agree with the sentiment here. Good team. 2 question marks but I'm starting to feel it now.

Eamon Murphy of the Echo called it with Ellis, Cahalane and Cian Mac.

Conor O Sullivan has been missing for a long while - was his last competitive game the AI Final Replay ? I still expected him to start. It's good to have the 2 O Sullivans available - they'll play a big part in our season.

Someone posted on PROC that Kildare are at Fota for the week-end and the challenge game would be played there. That makes a lot of sense as the pitch is very good and Kildare would surely prefer to reduce travelling. I'm a member in Fota and due to play golf there on Saturday Morning - I'll try to check it out.

I think Kildare are good oppositon TTM - they have a very tricky game v Louth in 2 weeks so they'll be chomping at the bit - they gave us a really tough game in the league - 1 pt in it.

I agree that Meath looked very good opposition especially in Meath but someone posted in the Meath Thread that they had club c/ship games thar week-end. That made it a waste of time IMO. Can't say that it's management's fault but they are still inexperienced and so is D O Donovan - Frank is too involved with the stadium to be involved in this mundane stuff. You can be sure that we'll be checking things properly in the future.

Reports also in PROC that Liam Jennings (Ballincollig) and Rory Buckley (Macroom) have been added to the panel. Did you hear anything TTM ? What are these lads like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Eamon Murphy of the Echo called it with Ellis, Cahalane and Cian Mac.

Conor O Sullivan has been missing for a long while - was his last competitive game the AI Final Replay ? I still expected him to start. It's good to have the 2 O Sullivans available - they'll play a big part in our season.

Someone posted on PROC that Kildare are at Fota for the week-end and the challenge game would be played there. That makes a lot of sense as the pitch is very good and Kildare would surely prefer to reduce travelling. I'm a member in Fota and due to play golf there on Saturday Morning - I'll try to check it out.

I think Kildare are good oppositon TTM - they have a very tricky game v Louth in 2 weeks so they'll be chomping at the bit - they gave us a really tough game in the league - 1 pt in it.

I agree that Meath looked very good opposition especially in Meath but someone posted in the Meath Thread that they had club c/ship games thar week-end. That made it a waste of time IMO. Can't say that it's management's fault but they are still inexperienced and so is D O Donovan - Frank is too involved with the stadium to be involved in this mundane stuff. You can be sure that we'll be checking things properly in the future.

Reports also in PROC that Liam Jennings (Ballincollig) and Rory Buckley (Macroom) have been added to the panel. Did you hear anything TTM ? What are these lads like ?

Rory Buckley won an AI Junior medal a couple of years ago. A solid enough corner back and IMO every bit as good if not better than the likes of Noel Galvin, Conor Dorman, Alan Cronin. He was asked onto the panel earlier in the year for the league but had some injury problems so had to decline at that time

Buckley is solid ,but isnt better than Galvin .Yes he is better than dorman,but 9/10 lads are better than dorman,but thats as dorman isnt a quality intercounty back.

Is he better than alan cronin??i doubt it,and scope improvement in cronin is far more attainable all cronin needs is to play constanly at club in the corner and nndt as a forward.
    Stephen cronin is a much better talent in u21 also.
    Buckley has never excelled in really big club games imo.

Jennings a fine club player,outstanding ballinclollig v barrs when he went to the midfield.
    He played u21 with cork.
    Imo lacks speed of play in thought and legs for Senior .

Huge huge difference between solid club players and top top intercounty players.If cork are to have lads like buckley,jennings,then fizgearld,flanagan or murphy of vincents,or clyda deserve a call,but truth be told imo clyda lads or murphy are no where near intercounty level.

Colm tucker o brien nemobe one lad I said before should be there ahead of jennings and buckley.Should been ahead of mcloughlin.
    he wouldnt be ahead of galvin imo though or jamie

Cork may just brought in them to add to training but ,with greatest respect to them ,then training imo against them is hardly adding intercounty intentsity to the set up.

People escipeally those from those clubs will of course tell you there up to it,they imo arent .Similar to alan sheehan and kevin canty ,that called up to the orignial panel,just good club players .

Hugh curran ,for example was meant to up cork standard.
    He couldnt even get a start with New york .A great club player ,but thats it imo.

Fota is I agree 110 per cent top top place.Munster trained there,kerry,clare tipp in past times.

Kildare are limited ,and play slow football and with out key lads we beat them in the league ,a game they should of expected to win .

Id much prefer to play ,Monaghan,laois ,etc.Whether thats possible who knows .
    Clare under kissane would be a good game .We know what kildare will do.

I dont blame county board meath challenge.It was great game to have,even with club games meath could have fielded a stronger team.

That was a great game to have,i expect big things from meath the next few years.
    It wasnt cork fault they played a weak team.

slingerz wrote: »
    I believe Kildare looked for the game as they are in training in Fota that week which is where the game will be played, super pitch down there i know that West Ham used it as part of their pre season preparations when they played Cork City last summer.

Cork will also be short a few players so it is a decent opportunity to give some more fringe players playing time at intercounty level

It's great to see teams come to Fota and it would be a big advantage to Cork if teams want challenge games. Teams that go to a training camp will bring their full squad and so will usually be a decent test.

I'd agree with TTM that it would be great to get a challenge game against a defensive side to see how our forwards would cope - Monaghan and Cavan seem to be good examples but they won't travel as far as Cork.

It's good to lads like Jennings and Buckley get a chance as it offers encouragement to all club players that they can get recognition. There is some amount of players involved now with the 8 u21's in a development role and now these 2 lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Buckley is solid ,but isnt better than Galvin .Yes he is better than dorman,but 9/10 lads are better than dorman,but thats as dorman isnt a quality intercounty back.

Is he better than alan cronin??i doubt it,and scope improvement in cronin is far more attainable all cronin needs is to play constanly at club in the corner and nndt as a forward.
    Stephen cronin is a much better talent in u21 also.
    Buckley has never excelled in really big club games imo.

Jennings a fine club player,outstanding ballinclollig v barrs when he went to the midfield.
    He played u21 with cork.
    Imo lacks speed of play in thought and legs for Senior .

Huge huge difference between solid club players and top top intercounty players.If cork are to have lads like buckley,jennings,then fizgearld,flanagan or murphy of vincents,or clyda deserve a call,but truth be told imo clyda lads or murphy are no where near intercounty level.

Colm tucker o brien nemobe one lad I said before should be there ahead of jennings and buckley.Should been ahead of mcloughlin.
    he wouldnt be ahead of galvin imo though or jamie

Cork may just brought in them to add to training but ,with greatest respect to them ,then training imo against them is hardly adding intercounty intentsity to the set up.

People escipeally those from those clubs will of course tell you there up to it,they imo arent .Similar to alan sheehan and kevin canty ,that called up to the orignial panel,just good club players .

Hugh curran ,for example was meant to up cork standard.
    He couldnt even get a start with New york .A great club player ,but thats it imo.

Fota is I agree 110 per cent top top place.Munster trained there,kerry,clare tipp in past times.

Kildare are limited ,and play slow football and with out key lads we beat them in the league ,a game they should of expected to win .

Id much prefer to play ,Monaghan,laois ,etc.Whether thats possible who knows .
    Clare under kissane would be a good game .We know what kildare will do.

I dont blame county board meath challenge.It was great game to have,even with club games meath could have fielded a stronger team.

That was a great game to have,i expect big things from meath the next few years.
    It wasnt cork fault they played a weak team.

I will disagree with you about Tucker or Cronin being any better than the others you have disregarded.

As for Hugh Curran not playing for New York it would be hard to make any team without ever having trained with them and I know that for a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Good team and strength in depth on the bench at last. Ellis an unknown quantity at this level however. Cronin & McCarthy are 2 slow for the half forward line so one of them will swap at some stage with harnedy who is so good he could do a job anywhere for cork, but its worth starting him at 14 as he will get goals.
    Tbh I have huge respect for Waterford from the duels over the last 15 years but this team is better then what they have available and their lack of goal scoring is a huge issue. Cork should win but much harder tests lie ahead imo. JBM always go's for hurlers when selecting teams so I presume that both dual players have their eye in and he is satisfied their speed of hurling is good enough for this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

I am very worried looking at these selections for Sunday. Those waterford forwards are all quick,especially the two corner forwards. Aswel as that bar Shane ONeill, the cork backs are fairly slow to turn is if a Waterford man gets around his marker, there will be trouble.

Bar McCarthy the forwards are good. I would prefer to see Coughlan or Moylan in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

Whats the story with the Town End Terrace in Thurles tomorrow does anyone know? Supervalu/Centra only had tickets for the Killinan end terrace for sale,Town End was always populated by Cork fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Whats the story with the Town End Terrace in Thurles tomorrow does anyone know? Supervalu/Centra only had tickets for the Killinan end terrace for sale,Town End was always populated by Cork fans!

waiting all week for them myself. going up early anyway so I'll have plenty time to pick up a ticket if they open the town end. may head to the stands if the rain keeps up though, will make a lottery of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭corkrobinhood

Yeah me too,heard it'll only be opened if theres a big crowd on the day,which will hardly be the case if its lashing,forecast is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Dont know why the Town end wasnt opened first when Cork fans generally travel in large numbers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see Eoin Cadogan added to the subs bench instead of Egan, really looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Good to see the hoops back on the goalie jersey

Waterford up by 6 at ht. They have been good so far. Cadogan is showing well but in general terms cork are still in the dressing room.
    I expect the second half to be a lot different or they will certainly lose. Get their act together and they should still win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Lucky to be as close as we are tbh. Pure crap so far. Walsh showen up and he's not the only one. Can still win it though

The lack lustre ,stale ,display I lamented in league,that some said dont panic is evident again.
    Cork can and will win,but jesus to beat clare huge huge ask.
    Cian mac,woeful,awful managenent he starts 2 nd half and cronin has to go to 14 as harnedy needed in half forward line .

Again sweeper beating cork.Its poor poor managenent after 9 games playing sweeper we wont adapt to it.
    Tactically were a shambles.
    Bring on cooper ,and play two man inside we win.
    Cahalane doing good,isnt being tested.
    Walsh having great game.
    Ellis soild.
    Lorchan having great game

Walsh is covering lot of ground

If we loose management to blame totally

• Advertisement

Good to see cian gone at ht never was good enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement