Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Christ, Pa Cronin starting again.... What does he have to do (or not do as the case is) to get dropped? Cooper the only change. Egan named on the bench

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Surely it is last chance saloon for Cronin. If he gains enough possession from puck outs fair enough but if not he will surely go to the edge of the square with Horgan or Harnedy coming out. After that its the line for him, plenty of time has been given to him.
    Delighted to see Cooper there, I am expecting an energetic game from him.
    The first 10mins will be crucial. If we don't start with a bit of bite in our game it really could go either way. If there is fire in the belly we should win.
    It will be interesting to see if Waterford can play as well again the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

The Rock doesn't sound too happy with the selection either lads! Said Cronin and Harnedy owe JBM a big game on Sunday. He's surprised there's only one change aswell.

Id be expecting a backlash from ye, its up to our fellas to meet it head on.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

cul beag wrote: »
    The Rock doesn't sound too happy with the selection either lads! Said Cronin and Harnedy owe JBM a big game on Sunday. He's surprised there's only one change aswell.

Id be expecting a backlash from ye, its up to our fellas to meet it head on.

Kearney not Harnedy actually. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Joke starting Cronin again he has never done much for cork in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Joke starting Cronin again he has never done much for cork in my opinion

Eh? He was excellent before his injury a couple of years back. Best ballwinner we produced since Niall Mac, but the game has gotten too fast for him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭lukin

I have two stand tickets for the Waterford game on Sunday that I am not using. I'll give them away for nothing to whoever pm's me first. I can email them, they are in pdf format.

Edit; I have got rid of the tickets so no need to pm me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Is Conor O'Sullivan still recovering from an injury that he isnt starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

slingerz wrote: »
    Is Conor O'Sullivan still recovering from an injury that he isnt starting?

he is not getting his game because both oneill and McDonnell are better then him at the moment - both are stronger and faster and tougher defenders. Conor did well last year as the spare man in a couple of games but his lack of pace and physique definitely come against him, of course the injury hasn't helped. A decent defender but totally overrated by cork hurling supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Where is the semi final v Clare on, Limerick or Thurles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The bookies have got this all wrong. Cork are nearly 1/3 to win, Waterford 11/4.

As a Cork man myself I wouldn't like to place a bet on Waterford, but at those odds?

Nearly every Cork supporter I have spoken to reckons it's 50/50. Waterford have a few players back too.

Silly odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

The bookies have got this all wrong. Cork are nearly 1/3 to win, Waterford 11/4.

As a Cork man myself I wouldn't like to place a bet on Waterford, but at those odds?

Nearly every Cork supporter I have spoken to reckons it's 50/50. Waterford have a few players back too.

Silly odds.

I would rather Cork to be completely written off than make them a certainty of winning. Cork never hurl good when the pressure is on them to deliver.

Amprodude wrote: »
    I would rather Cork to be completely written off than make them a certainty of winning. Cork never hurl good when the pressure is on them to deliver.

I agree 100%. Didn't like all the favoritism for Cork in the media before the last game. Had a bad feeling about the game as a result of it.

Last year they were written-off before the campaign, and they made the all-Ireland. No pressure/underdogs always seems to suit the rebels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Silly odds.

Cannot for the life of me understand the bookies thinking behind this at all. Do they know something we don't? It's a 50:50 game for us if even that. Is it just because we reached an all Ireland final last year? I can't see any other form we're carrying into this.

Horse84 wrote: »
    Cannot for the life of me understand the bookies thinking behind this at all. Do they know something we don't? It's a 50:50 game for us if even that. Is it just because we reached an all Ireland final last year? I can't see any other form we're carrying into this.

Waterford are actually 3/1 with Bet365, better odds again.

Don't know what the bookie's reasoning is either. Crazy odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Maybe the bookies have already taken a fair bit of cash on Cork to win the All-Ireland and that's affected the price?

Cork has 4 times the population of Waterford (nearly five), so I wouldnt be surprised if that had an impact on the odds as well.

That's before you go near the fact that the book on GAA markets can sometimes be very small - 1 or 2 punters having a big bet on Cork could easily shift the odds a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Neeson wrote: »
    Aiden Walsh will be a big driver down the middle and I would expect to see the team go forward to an All-Ireland semi. They're big boys. They're tough boys. I think they're tougher than the likes of Clare. Of course Clare have to be respected as champions. However, I think Cork and Kilkenny have a certain hardness about them. And skill is
    plentiful also.

:eek:. can someone check the calender and see have i woken up in the 1980`s.

But not much clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Those Clare lads are fierce soft alright, but the way the game is now - physical contact is not far off being outlawed altogether at this stage - suits those 5 foot nothing ballerinas down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Orizio wrote: »
    Those Clare lads are fierce soft alright, but the way the game is now - physical contact is not far off being outlawed altogether at this stage - suits those 5 foot nothing ballerinas down to the ground.

we are trying to hold back on using the big lads in case we finish hurling off altogether for the rest of ye so we try to have a nice mix between big and small lads to make it as even as we can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

we are trying to hold back on using the big lads in case we finish hurling off altogether for the rest of ye so we try to have a nice mix between big and small lads to make it as even as we can

Are the big lads Fergal Lynch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballbag05

Have a very suspect feeling about our chances v the Blaa's today, I think that the years of neglect underage are catching up now, and I feel we have a 50/50 just about, will need to start from throw in and hope Lehane Harnedy and Cooper have a solid outing in the half line, maybe the subs will make the diff
    But I really fear for us v the Banner next week if we get that far
    Rebels Abu

ballbag05 wrote: »
    Have a very suspect feeling about our chances v the Blaa's today, I think that the years of neglect underage are catching up now, and I feel we have a 50/50 just about, will need to start from throw in and hope Lehane Harnedy and Cooper have a solid outing in the half line, maybe the subs will make the diff
    But I really fear for us v the Banner next week if we get that far
    Rebels Abu

Horse, this is why some Waterford people came in talking about potential complacency. Admit that I expected nothing the last day, but the amount of people who said ' we have some weaknesses in the backline still, shouldnt be an issue Sunday but might be further down the line' was ridiculous and it's still happening.

For what it's worth, whoever comes out of this game is going to give Clare a fair rattle, you can put that up on your wall in quotation marks if you want and come back to me then. They are not streets ahead of everybody as some would have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Horse, this is why some Waterford people came in talking about potential complacency. Admit that I expected nothing the last day, but the amount of people who said ' we have some weaknesses in the backline still, shouldnt be an issue Sunday but might be further down the line' was ridiculous and it's still happening.

For what it's worth, whoever comes out of this game is going to give Clare a fair rattle, you can put that up on your wall in quotation marks if you want and come back to me then. They are not streets ahead of everybody as some would have you believe.

Eh put what up on my wall exactly? That a fella is saying he doesn't fancy our chances against wford and that years of underage neglect is coming home to bite us and if we do end up playing Clare we'll get a rude awakening? I agree with him.
    Are u suggesting we're still complacent playing Waterford or what?

Eh put what up on my wall exactly? That a fella is saying he doesn't fancy our chances against wford and that years of underage neglect is coming home to bite us and if we do end up playing Clare we'll get a rude awakening? I agree with him.
    Are u suggesting we're still complacent playing Waterford or what?

The quote wasn't directed at you, there's a Clareman about the place who likes having a go.

I still think there is an air of looking beyond todays game, yep. Not by you, by others. It was a response to your response to Waterford fans on this thread two weeks ago who were calling out complacency. There definitely was i some quarters, and even today it seems a lot of people still think Cork should win with a bit hand, but maybe they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Rte online i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Thats whats on tv, this is web exclusive. Search RTE, then go to sport, sub-heading Live and you should see cork v waterford 4th from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It is online, being streamed on the RTE website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

case885 wrote: »
    Thats whats on tv, this is web exclusive. Search RTE, then go to sport, sub-heading Live and you should see cork v waterford 4th from the top.
    Fireball07 wrote: »
    It is online, being streamed on the RTE website.

Cheers lads, auld fella will be delighted!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement