Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork 14, Waterford 5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,369 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Next free for waterford we can just charge it down once he starts lifting it so yeah?

Once the sliotar leaves the hurl then yeah, go right ahead!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Up 0-14 v 0-05 at ht. We are certainly more up for it today but Waterford will surely be better in the second half. Cronin clearly fouled for the pen. Keeper came about 7 yards off his line not sure of the ruling. Does he have to stay on his line until Nash hits it or rises it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

SeaFields wrote: »
    Yeah if this is the GAA Go streaming thingy its sh!te

no it won't be - the GAAGO will be more like watching TV on your mobile device. I watched the first game on the RTE player, which was alright. This is web only streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 21,369 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Up 0-14 v 0-05 at ht. We are certainly more up for it today but Waterford will surely be better in the second half. Cronin clearly fouled for the pen. Keeper came about 7 yards off his line not sure of the ruling. Does he have to stay on his line until Nash hits it or rises it?

I think this is going the way people expected the first game to go. Going to be comfy for Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Thanks for that as I didn't know the exact score! If we keep intensity levels up, we will have a good second half.

That commentator really sounds like his heart isn't in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Thanks for that as I didn't know the exact score! If we keep intensity levels up, we will have a good second half.

That commentator really sounds like his heart isn't in it!

I actually thought my stream was on mute for a while he was so quite!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

no it won't be - the GAAGO will be more like watching TV on your mobile device. I watched the first game on the RTE player, which was alright. This is web only streaming

I'm a bit confused so as rte player tweeted that this is last opportunity to watch Gaa go trial for free. Thankfully won't be an issue for anyone at home but for the likes of yourself and others abroad you'd hope it is a better service than what's on offer today.

SeaFields wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused so as rte player tweeted that this is last opportunity to watch Gaa go trial for free. Thankfully won't be an issue for anyone at home but for the likes of yourself and others abroad you'd hope it is a better service than what's on offer today.

All the other games that are being broadcast today are being broadcast on the RTE player - I won't be subscribing to it as I find other ways to watch the games. It was shocking the last day, it wasn't until the end of the game I realised that Waterford lad had to be taken off with an injury, as the stream stopped for about 10 minutes.

Some of the Waterford players look stockier than the Cork players, as if they have more muscle

Stream now keeps going down. FFS

• Advertisement

Very impressed with Steven Mcdonnells play today

He was very good in the first game as well. Settling very well in that position.

We're in cruise control now. Lack of goal threat a worrying aspect tho

Lawton and Moylan on but commentator neglects to mention who went off!

Paudie O Sullivan has just come on and got a point! Great to see!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Lovely point from Paudie. Welcome back!!

Great to see him back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

sounds like a pretty comprehensive display from Cork - who's impressed so far ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

0-28 v 0-14. Very good performance always had a spare man or two. No goals though, always a problem in recent years. Clare next day should be very interesting this game will have brought Cork on a lot. They needed it. Great to see Paudie back and chipping in with a couple of points swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Gave up on the stream 5 mins into second half, kept lagging:mad::mad:

Clinical performance, lots of questions answered today, lets drive on for next Sunday. All the subs contributing as well , a clean sheet and the return of Bubbles as well. Small concern on our lack of goals but roll on next Sunday!!

Ellis really impressed for me and McDonnell, held down the middle well - the backs were good, but helped by Waterford withdrawing men out.

Cronin had another poor game, wasn't it is at all. Harnedy showed well for puckouts, got a few good scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Cronin had another poor game, wasn't it is at all. Harnedy showed well for puckouts, got a few good scores.

Don't know what hold Cronin has over JBM, absolutely ridiculous that he started again after 2 years of exceptionally poor performances & an atrocious showing in the first game. He was an absolute embarrassment in the AI final last year too.

We cannot continue to carry a guy against the better teams

• Advertisement

I think Cronin doesnt contribute a lot to overall play but he did have 2 shots on goal that were saved very well. My impression is that he seems a leader (as in figurehead) on the field and dressing room kind of guy and thats why JBM picks him but I could be wrong!

McDonnell and Ellis def stood out in defence. Pat Horgan (of course!) knocked over points for fun and Lehane seems to have got back a bit of his old magic.Harnedy and Cooper chipped in with points too.A lot of the subs scored too so it was a very good team display which I think is good as you cannot be relying on 1 or 2 guys to do the business when in trouble.

There seems to be a lot more options now especially with Paudie knocking over 2 excellent points after coming on

The difference between Lehane the last day and today was noticeable - got his score early and settled, which didn't happen the previous game

Stream was crap. Commentary was crap.

Wasn't going to be great - it was web only. Same as the KK v Waterford game they did last year - I listened to it on the radio while watching the footage

Still can't make out that penalty. The goalie was on top of Nash before he hit the ball.

Or is goalie entitled to move once the ball is lifted? If that isn't the rule, then how could the ref have got it so wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Still can't make out that penalty. The goalie was on top of Nash before he hit the ball.

Or is goalie entitled to move once the ball is lifted? If that isn't the rule, then how could the ref have got it so wrong?

Ball is lifted its in play. I was looking at rule book at halftime and cant find a anything illegal about what SOK did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Fairplay lads, well worth the win. Ref was scandalous but never had any bearing on the result so no complaints there. I think ye'll push Clare all the way

dzilla wrote: »
    Ball is lifted its in play. I was looking at rule book at halftime and cant find a anything illegal about what SOK did

Cheers! Brave goalie to come charging out like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Good win. Now we must show Clare that last year was a once off for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Good disposal by cork, nice to see the changes justified in the performance of cooper,

Cronin is really on borrowed time after today's performance, would prefer to see someone like Paudie Sullivan instead involved.

Harness lehane, cooper Horgan all solid upfront some good scores taken,

Defence solid. Nash played well,

Good to see cork giving the subs a run when the game was over

Corcaigh Abu!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Half back line had fantastic games. McDonnell superb. Kearney stepped up big time. Lehane, Horgan and Harnedy all played well. Cronin must go, out for Moylan or Paudi. Beyond a joke at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement