Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Thinkstoomuch, give me and Cork supporters some optimism. Can we win today at all in your opinion?

Well if we win we play Kerry. Do we want to play them in Croke Park? I would seriously hate to, we wouldn't have any hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Amprodude wrote: »
    Well if we win we play Kerry. Do we want to play them in Croke Park? I would seriously hate to, we wouldn't have any hope.

That would be a great way to be going into the game. Total underdog and Kerry thinking the game is already over.

Thats the set up for many upset wins throughout GAA history!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Amprodude wrote: »

That's exactly when we would win!! I said that the last time though....and the time before that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I don't think any team would be afraid of Kerry after their performance against Galway today. I thought Cork were woeful last year cos Galway pushed Cork all the way in that round four qualifier but Kerry have been just as bad.

Goulding's free taking could be very important today if it is true that he is going to start. Especially because he's the best left sided free taker that Cork have. Also very reliable under pressure.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I don't think any team would be afraid of Kerry after their performance against Galway today. I thought Cork were woeful last year cos Galway pushed Cork all the way in that round four qualifier but Kerry have been just as bad.

Goulding's free taking could be very important today if it is true that he is going to start. Especially because he's the best left sided free taker that Cork have. Also very reliable under pressure.

I'd agree with that as i just said in the Kerry/Galway match thread, Galway didnt score for 18 mins in first half and over 10 mins in the second. Its almost a half of a match not scoring but Kerry only won by 7 points.

Still lets calm down as we have to play Mayo and beat them before we can even think about Kerry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Its a huge ask but if were with them on 55 minutes we can .

The players are there but management got to act fast with changes,if a lad is struggling after 20 dont wait til half time,change it.

Galway is a lesson to cork.What a shambles leaving a rookie on o donoughe.Not the lads fault for struggling.
    Its management.
    Lets hope shields marks o connor and let loughrey do what he does best and better than shields and that is attack.
    Kerry showed forwards win games
    We get possesion we can win.
    Its down to management,get the match up right.We do we win,we dont we loose.

Did anyone else just see what Fintan Gould was doing LOL

Archer3083 wrote: »
    Did anyone else just see what Fintan Gould was doing LOL

:eek: Thats really taking the piss isnt it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Ken O'Halloran is some complete disaster. How many more times do we have to see crap like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Cadogan should have gone for that.

• Advertisement

Cadogan should have gone for that.

Come on, they were jostling for possession. Its unfortunate but not deliberate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Come on, they were jostling for possession. Its unfortunate but not deliberate

High and dangerous, knew what he was doing.

Good start for Hurley, and the defensive system is effective so far. Mayo lack a bit of pace to really pose goal threats with Cork setup this way, McLoughlin being the exception.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with 0-08 each at ht.
    We are doing quite well. A real edge to the game. Whoever scores the first goal will win it.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    We are doing quite well. A real edge to the game. Whoever scores the first goal will win it.
    I agree! I think a goal could have a huge impact in this game. Whoever scores a goal could win the game.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Yes I think we can win it now whereas I didnt have much hope beforehand.

Its great to see tough tackles going in.

Once Cork move the ball out of defence quicker I think we will win it. We gave away a few points by being too slow to move it on

Halloran saved cork a certain goal and been solid under high ball.
    Maguire is getting a lot of ball but is indecisve and understandably inexpierenced.Not dominant in the air,game made for dinneen

Kelly must come on,colm o driscoll having good game but offers no creativity in attack.

Fair play had shields on o connor and is having a super game.

Collins fine game
    Gould okay not great bring on goulding or donnacha

Kerrigan must up hes game or bring o rourke on
    Brian o driscoll having a fine game

Mayo cant score at distance.If we act fast in changes this game is winnable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

How many more balls is cahalane going to give away

In dire trouble unless we make changes.Hard to believe bar enforced change we make no change.

Waiting another ten minutes game be over.What are management doing

Finally they took Collins off. Very poor game today

Awful awful call to take off collins,kerrigan has been poor as cahalane.
    Doc making a difference.
    Bring on o rourke for kerrigan

• Advertisement

O shea is destroying us

Shocking call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Cmon cork

Unbelivable our best half back in bod all day taken off and rourke.is.on but.he is.not a half back.

Were getting our best team on now but purely due to mangament.have tried everything else

How kerrigan and cahalane stayed on is unreal.Mayo there for the taking

Doc i.said it.should have.started

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Twice Paddy kelly has been disposses

Soooooo close. A very brave second half performance. The ref must have given the indication there would be one more play at the end otherwise he wouldn't have taken the point. Donnacha did very well when he came on. A pity we didn't play like that against Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Halloran saved cork a certain goal and been solid under high ball.
    Maguire is getting a lot of ball but is indecisve and understandably inexpierenced.Not dominant in the air,game made for dinneen

Kelly must come on,colm o driscoll having good game but offers no creativity in attack.

Fair play had shields on o connor and is having a super game.

Collins fine game
    Gould okay not great bring on goulding or donnacha

Kerrigan must up hes game or bring o rourke on
    Brian o driscoll having a fine game

Mayo cant score at distance.If we act fast in changes this game is winnable.

Sorry now but this man was absolutely desperate today and was responsible for mayo getting 1-1 in the last few minutes , absolutely despterate, still sulking perhaps?

All I can think of is that easy chance for Collins that he missed before he went off and the petulance he showed after Cork got a free out that was reversed and then Mayo got a point!

Damn 2 point swing!

But of course we cant blame it all on 1 player.

So close but at least we got a good performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

So close but at least we got a good performance!

Agreed, still very disappointed with the result though. It's been a poor year for football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Dispossessed in the tackle far too easily.

Very naive in a lot of plays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement