Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Mayo are a professional outfit under James Horan. Mayo were lucky to win that game. Mayo were far better in the tackle. Different Cork players were dispossessed in the tackle far too often and far too easily. Cork's passing needed ti be a little sharper. Mayo were simply too experienced and too street wise in the end. Cork can be proud of their display today. Cork showed plenty of character and spirit. And Cork can improve next year and go further!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I've come on here and said it after almost every game for the last couple of years but how is Cadogan getting on the Cork panel, not to mind the starting team.

Cahilane is an awful football- good athlete but awful at the basic skills of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Mayo only played at 80 per cent intensity but were there for the taking.

We lost this on the sideline too slow to make changes and then made baffling changes.

Kerry will set up like cork but have a midfield and the forwards to beat them and kerry will get goals and edge them.

Kelly was at fault once but he done.a lot of good also.He has been treated poorly by management as Sean you yourself acknowledged many times.Your way off to say he was sulking.

Colm o.driscoll imo showed he is not what we need as gets ball but does nothing with it.
    O rourke is a much better player.

Loughrey had a great second half and made the goal.A fine player once used right.
    A one point loss shouldnt give management immunity as they were poor on the sideline.
    Their term should be reviewed and.at least two new selectors next years.

The players deserve credit for pushing mayo all the way despite being poorly managed.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    Mayo are a professional outfit under James Horan. Mayo were lucky to win that game. Mayo were far better in the tackle. Different Cork players were dispossessed in the tackle far too often and far too easily. Cork's passing needed ti be a little sharper. Mayo were simply too experienced and too street wise in the end. Cork can be proud of their display today. Cork showed plenty of character and spirit. And Cork can improve next year and go further!

Cork wont improve imo under this management.

We lost this on the sideline too slow to make changes and then made baffling changes.

Kerry will set up like cork but have a midfield and the forwards to beat them and kerry will get goals and edge them.

Kelly was at fault once but he done.a lot of good also.He has been treated poorly by management as Sean you yourself acknowledged many times.Your way off to say he was sulking.

Colm o.driscoll imo showed he is not what we need as gets ball but does nothing with it.

Loughrey had a great second half and made the goal.A fine player once used right.
    A one point loss shouldnt give management immunity as they were poor on the sideline.

The players deserve credit for pushing mayo all the way despite being poorly managed.
    I don't believe that Mayo were at 80%. And I don't think that Mayo deserved to win that game by alot more. Mayo got what they deserved, a one point victory. Cork set up to make life difficult for Mayo today and almost pulled off a victory. Mayo are a very good team, a professional team, but they're not a great team and they are not going to win an All-Ireland.

However, Mayo will easily beat Kerry. Kerry have been flattered by their Munster Final display. Mayo will win midfield, starve Kerry's forwards of possession and will use their half-backs to blitz Kerry's defensive set up. I would give Kerry no hope whatsoever!

• Advertisement

Cork can improve. Maybe not under this management, but they have the potential to improve. And of the two teams that played today, there's far more room for improvement next year for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Archer3083 wrote: »

Cork wont improve imo under this management.

Who should takeover?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Mayo were there for the taking. The midfield problems came home to roost at the start of the second half. Also Cork's discipline not good enough. Too many silly little fouls that serve no purpose. At least Clancy's black card could well have stopped a goal. Cork really have to stop taking the ball into contact, particularly so in defence. There were plenty of occasions where there was an easy out ball with a quick hand pass but the player choose to take it into contact instead, which makes the following offload/hand pass much more difficult as it is done under pressure, which means it will not be very accurate. When Cork did move the ball at pace, with each player not taking too much out of the ball, they opened Mayo up easily enough.

In saying all that the ref did not exactly help Cork's case. They looked to have a call for a pen when O'Shea dived on ball and straight after O'Neill is straight through and hooked from behind and no free, not to mention that incident at the end. No matter what he said they should have given that a lash. There was no guarantee they were going to win the kickout anyway. You have a chance to win the game there and then. Go for it. No regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

Stop talking through your hoop. You'd blame the management whatever happened. Kelly did a lot of good? Well that's not true. I've no faith in the management but they had a good gameplan today. But sure "true Gaa people" like yourself know better

What baffling changes were made? O'Connor should have started but other than that I couldn't argue with the starting team. Collins, Maguire, O'Driscoll all rightfully taking off. Cahalane played poor but what can you do when the Centre Back is black carded.

Again you say Mayo were at 80%. Utter tripe. They gave there all so did Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Cop on ffs man, he coughed it up softly and was directly responsible for 1-1 in the last 10 minutes in a game we lost by a point, that is absolutely shocking, he has gone way way back since the injury and is no longer at this level unfortunately.
    The changes were absolutely logical unfortunately where management really erred was in selecting a really poor footballer like cahalane over tom Clancy.
    I would beg donncha o connor to stay on for another year, but fellas like goulding and Kelly should have a long think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 JD1984

I was worried before the game about the fact that there were only 2 backs on the bench. I think all Cahalane did on the pitch was foul, miss tackles and lose the ball. He seems to have way too much confidence in his kicking ability. Kelly obviously wasn't up to it either when he came on.
    I thought Cadogan played one of his better games today, especially in the first half. The kickouts were the best they've been all year.
    Colm O Neill really showed why there's no place in the team for Goulding who can't win his own ball.
    Brian O Driscoll looked very good, maybe a bit naive at times with his tackling.
    This is a good group of players and I for one, don't think there should be serious changes in the set-up except maybe a selector or two to switch it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Anyone else see Aidan O'Shea dive on the ball and win it in his own square after the rebound from the McGuire shot? Stonewall penalty?

Paddy Kelly should have been taken off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That was a pen for sure. Would have been a game changer!

JD1984 wrote: »
    I was worried before the game about the fact that there were only 2 backs on the bench. I think all Cahalane did on the pitch was foul, miss tackles and lose the ball. He seems to have way too much confidence in his kicking ability. Kelly obviously wasn't up to it either when he came on.
    I thought Cadogan played one of his better games today, especially in the first half. The kickouts were the best they've been all year.
    Colm O Neill really showed why there's no place in the team for Goulding who can't win his own ball.
    Brian O Driscoll looked very good, maybe a bit naive at times with his tackling.
    This is a good group of players and I for one, don't think there should be serious changes in the set-up except maybe a selector or two to switch it up a bit.
    I think you're right about Paddy Kelly. I don't like singling players out for criticism but he's certainly regressed. I can't remember the last time that Paddy Kelly put in a top performance. I don't think the hip injuries and hip operations over the last few years have done him any favours, but I can't see him coming back to his best anymore. I'm not sure that he's motivated to come back to his best. Daniel Goulding is an excellent footballer, great free taker, but he's a very lazy player and his big weakness is motivation as well. He simply does not work hard enough.

Thanks for the Compliment Ned,i dont need you to tell me ,i am a true gaa man.No need,but thanks,it means a lot to me to get that lovely compliment from you.

If you Read my posts,the last week,maguire,colm o driscoll I said before the match,i  dont wait til the game is over to read it,i said shouldnt start.I questioned these calls before a ball was even kicked.You have a conflict of thought there,you dont fault the starting team,yet 3 men should of being taken off.

Maguire has a future but today was not the day to start him.Hes attiude and work rate I couldnt fault.

You got one thing right,,management had no option bar cahalane when we had a black card.
    But who picked just two defenders on a match day 24  to begin witn.Management did ,so its valid I blame them.Again I said this thursday and as people who read my posts know well ,I criticised our midfield shambles game after game in the league and also the failure of management to tactically get it right.

Management made a shambles of it today.
    Our best half back Brian O Driscoll,had a superb game yet was taken off while cahalane was poor.I am.a huge fan of brian,i wouldnt have started him  purely on the basis of inexpierence.But he was having fine game,why take him off.

O rourke and Donnacha should.have been on at half time not when we were chasing the game.

Gould was same old Gould,a point.,had moments but mostly outplayed.A key moment in the game he gifts mayo the ball.
    A man that has failed in 7 years in big games gets no critisim yet greats like kelly get blamed as the scapegoat despite migating factors.

Bar hes cameo at the end kerrigan was poor.Collins had one poor miss but played a lot of good ball.
    He had a fine game.
    Cadogan was immense.

Our midfield was a  shambles yet dinnen wasnt even on the panel,hence we had no midfield options.
    Kiely a rookie on the panel.
    A manager picks a team.Its clear as.day there was errors.Unlike some i.dont jump on the bandwagon when we loose.I said in october this naviey of an inexpierenced management team was my greatest fear.The Board are to blame for choosing him with no successful record over a proven man in clearly,who had a proven man under english set to join him.
    Cuthbhert was offered the job,of course he had to take it.

Where Cuthbhert is to blame is picking a set up with not one proven selector in there and guys like Gene.O.Driscoll,Tony leahy(with kilnamtrya) were proven expierenced coaches.
    Lets be realistic,players played well then dropped,others play poorly.get chance after chance,others on the panel dont get any games and are dropped without reason,have been consistent mistakes in the current set up.

To then say what he said about mayo was baffling and james horan was right to be furious.Christ if davy fitz does it ,there is an outcry.At least davy is a proven manager.Asked bout what Horan.said bt him,cuthbhert on the radio said im entiled to my opinion.Fair point brian,but hes one to criticise fans for there valid critisicm on dual players and said dont knock them when it is clear cahalane and walsh football is poorer for doing both.He cant have it all hes way to be fair.

You are right ,Ned,we had a game plan but  It shows how poor our manager is that it took him mid july to change tact.
    I blame the management like many as they made mistakes today.

Yes kelly had made a crucial mistake.It is clear as day hes confidence is gone and had issues with this set up.

Sean he wasnt hes best today,but as you were clearly a big fan of him and wanted him at midfield during the league,i am suprised you say a proven player of hes quality that hes day is over.

Colm o driscolls is a super club player but he is so limited when he gets the ball.People still live of hes league game in killarney ,got educated today.He was meant to be Corks Paul galvin.
    He is.No way near Galvin,as Galvin was not just tough,but could kick a ball forty yards and appreciated space.Colm runs in to contact.
    O rourke was just as tough ,3 turnovers showed that but way more pace and footballing ability.and unlike Colm can score.This rubbish he is just a NICE FOOTBALLER was just that.Took the game to mayo and was hungry for the ball.
    Should have started ahead of o driscoll.

To judge Goulding as finished, is just incorrect.Our best player against kerry.He should of been brought on earlier .He is proven with cork.Gould imo should not make it next year,hayes also and Kerrigan is unconvining when in the Big Games the need is greatest.

Cuthbhert interview afterwards it is certain he will stay on as he said he will do good things with the group.
    He spoke that players and management will learn from today.
    Nearly 14 games in and he still makes baffling decisions.Yet he says he will learn???

Colm o.neill was told there was time left with the free.
    If we had drawn it,mayo would have won the replay as they would learn from the game,who knows what team we would pick the next day.
    O halloran had a fine game and like hurley and loughrey answered the critics.

Mayo clearly had our number when they went six up but unlike dublin and kerry they dont have forwards to drive home the advantage.They had no real intensity in the ist half.It was like they did not see cork as a threat and just wanted to win ,get the game out the way without breaking a sweat.It was a golden.chance lost for Cork.

Kerry can beat them.They have four options at midfield that they unlike cork will break even there and give their forwards,in particular o donoughe quality ball to score and mayo concede at close two goals ,four goal chances per the majiorty of the time.Kerry unlike others will take the chances when they arise.

Yes kerry will give mayo chances at the back but mayo wont take them.There a fine team,but the lack of firepower,is there achilles heel.If james horan had the Cork team we would win the all ireland.

A one point loss cant hide over the clear problems we have if Cork are to evolve next year imo.

I stopped reading at "greats like Kelly"

Thanks for the Compliment Ned,i dont need you to tell me ,i am a true gaa man.No need,but thanks,it means a lot to me to get that lovely compliment from you.

If you Read my posts,the last week,maguire,colm o driscoll I said before the match,i dont wait til the game is over to read it,i said shouldnt start.I questioned these calls before a ball was even kicked.You have a conflict of thought there,you dont fault the starting team,yet 3 men should of being taken off.

Maguire has a future but today was not the day to start him.Hes attiude and work rate I couldnt fault.

You got one thing right,,management had no option bar cahalane when we had a black card.
    But who picked just two defenders on a match day 24 to begin witn.Management did ,so its valid I blame them.Again I said this thursday and as people who read my posts know well ,I criticised our midfield shambles game after game in the league and also the failure of management to tactically get it right.

Our best half back Brian O Driscoll,had a superb game yet was taken off while cahalane was poor.I am.a huge fan of brian,i wouldnt have started him purely on the basis of inexpierence.But he was having fine game,why take him off.

O rourke and Donnacha should.have been on at half time not when we were chasing the game.

Gould was same old Gould,a point.,had moments but mostly outplayed.A key moment in the game he gifts mayo the ball.
    A man that has failed in 7 years in big games gets no critisim yet greats like kelly get blamed as the scapegoat despite migating factors.

Bar hes cameo at the end kerrigan was poor.Collins had one poor miss but played a lot of good ball.
    He had a fine game.
    Cadogan was immense.

Our midfield was a shambles yet dinnen wasnt even on the panel,hence we had no midfield options.
    A manager picks a team.Its clear as.day there was errors.Unlike some i.dont jump on the bandwagon when we loose.I said in october this naviey of an inexpierenced management team was my greatest fear.The Board are to blame for choosing him with no successful record over a proven man in clearly,who had a proven man under english set to join him.

Where Cuthbhert is to blame is picking a set up with not one proven selector in there and guys like Gene.O.Driscoll,Tony leahy(with kilnamtrya) were proven expierenced coaches.
    Lets be realistic,players played well then dropped,others play poorly.get chance after chance,others on the panel dont get any games and are dropped without reason,have been consistent mistakes in the current set up.

To then say what he said about mayo was baffling and james horan was right to be furious.Christ if davy fitz does it ,there is an outcry.At least davy is a proven manager.Asked bout what Horan.said bt him,cuthbhert on the radio said im entiled to my opinion.Fair point brian,but hes one to criticise fans for there valid critisicm on dual players and said dont knock them when it is clear cahalane and walsh football is poorer for doing both.He cant have it all hes way to be fair.

You are right ,Ned,we had a game plan but It shows how poor our manager is that it took him mid july to change tact.

Yes kelly had made a crucial mistake.It is clear as day hes confidence is gone and had issues with this set up.

Sean he wasnt hes best today,but as you were clearly a big fan of him and wanted him at midfield during the league,i am suprised you say a proven player of hes quality that hes day is over.

Colm o driscolls is a super club player but he is so limited when he gets the ball.People still live of hes league game in killarney ,got educated today.He was meant to be Corks Paul galvin.
    He is.No way near Galvin,as Galvin was not just tough,but could kick a ball forty yards and appreciated space.Colm runs in to contact.
    O rourke was just as tough ,3 turnovers showed that but way more pace and footballing ability.and unlike Colm can score.This rubbish he is just a NICE FOOTBALLER was just that.Took the game to mayo and was hungry for the ball.

To judge Goulding as finished, is just incorrect.Our best player against kerry.He should of been brought on earlier .He is proven with cork.Gould imo should not make it next year,hayes also and Kerrigan is unconvining when in the Big Games the need is greatest.

Cuthbhert interview afterwards it is certain he will stay on as he said he will do good things with the group.
    Nearly 14 games in and he still makes baffling decisions.Yet he says he will learn???

If we had drawn it,mayo would have won the replay as they would learn from the game,who knows what team we would pick the next day.

Mayo clearly had our number when they went six up but unlike dublin and kerry they dont have forwards to drive home the advantage.They had no real intensity in the ist half.It was like they did not see cork as a threat and just wanted to win ,get the game out the way without breaking a sweat.It was a golden.chance lost for Cork.

Kerry can beat them.They have four options at midfield that they unlike cork will break even there and give their forwards,in particular o donoughe quality ball to score and mayo concede at close two goals ,four goal chances per the majiorty of the time.Kerry unlike others will take the chances when they arise.

Yes kerry will give mayo chances at the back but mayo wont take them.There a fine team,but the lack of firepower,is there achilles heel.If james horan had the Cork team we would win the all ireland.

A one point loss cant hide over the clear problems we have if Cork are to evolve next year imo.
    I accept your criticisms of Cork are fairly accurate, but you can't really praise Kerry and say that Kerry will do any better than Cork against Mayo. Kerry will set up with the exact same game plan that Cork used today. Kerry will leave 4 forwards up in attack, maybe even 2 forwards at times and will withdraw their half forwards to plug holes in their defense. I don't think the likes of Donnchadh Walsh are any better than Colm O'Driscoll. Colm O'Driscoll may be a limited player just like Donnchadh Walsh, but you'd have to greatly admire their character and work rate. The Kerry team is no better than the Cork team. If anything the Kerry bench is poorer than the Cork bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

If you Read my posts,the last week,maguire,colm o driscoll I said before the match,i dont wait til the game is over to read it,i said shouldnt start.I questioned these calls before a ball was even kicked.You have a conflict of thought there,you dont fault the starting team,yet 3 men should of being taken off.

But who picked just two defenders on a match day 24 to begin witn.Management did ,so its valid I blame them.Again I said this thursday and as people who read my posts know well ,I criticised our midfield shambles game after game in the league and also the failure of management to tactically get it right.

Our best half back Brian O Driscoll,had a superb game yet was taken off while cahalane was poor.I am.a huge fan of brian,i wouldnt have started him purely on the basis of inexpierence.But he was having fine game,why take him off.

He had a fine game.
    Cadogan was immense.

Our midfield was a shambles yet dinnen wasnt even on the panel,hence we had no midfield options.

You are right ,Ned,we had a game plan but It shows how poor our manager is that it took him mid july to change tact.

Colm o driscolls is a super club player but he is so limited when he gets the
    ball.People still live of hes league game in killarney ,got educated today.He
    was meant to be Corks Paul galvin.
    He is.No way near Galvin,as Galvin was
    not just tough,but could kick a ball forty yards and appreciated space.Colm runs
    in to contact.

The only person that has compared him to paul galvin is YOU!!!! colm does a job and ran himself into the ground today. How often did he give away ball compared to Kelly and Collins for example? or his brother?
    As for Maguire, ran himself into the ground today and was the best midfielder in the first half, for a young fella ran out of gas, but should still have had a penalty when oshea handled the ball on the ground after his shot, obviouslt oreilly gave a free out

Mayo were hungrier, worked harder. Our boys didn't put in the same effort.

Hate the way the word 'hunger' is used when talking about sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

roshje wrote: »
    Hate the way the word 'hunger' is used when talking about sport.

You prefer "intensity"?

Deco99 wrote: »
    You prefer "intensity"?

Maybe or 'more desire':D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Ned Walsh wrote: »
    Mayo were hungrier, worked harder. Our boys didn't put in the same effort.
    These are top level inter county players. Hunger is not a factor whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

roshje wrote: »
    Maybe or 'more desire':D

Desire. Thats the one. You can see who has desire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

If you Read my posts,the last week,maguire,colm o driscoll I said before the match,i  dont wait til the game is over to read it,i said shouldnt start.I questioned these calls before a ball was even kicked.You have a conflict of thought there,you dont fault the starting team,yet 3 men should of being taken off.

But who picked just two defenders on a match day 24  to begin witn.Management did ,so its valid I blame them.Again I said this thursday and as people who read my posts know well ,I criticised our midfield shambles game after game in the league and also the failure of management to tactically get it right.

Our best half back Brian O Driscoll,had a superb game yet was taken off while cahalane was poor.I am.a huge fan of brian,i wouldnt have started him  purely on the basis of inexpierence.But he was having fine game,why take him off.

He had a fine game.
    Cadogan was immense.

Our midfield was a  shambles yet dinnen wasnt even on the panel,hence we had no midfield options.

You are right ,Ned,we had a game plan but  It shows how poor our manager is that it took him mid july to change tact.

Sorry ttm but you are going too far in your analisis.tbh you are talking ****e.
    That team gave it a good go today,fair play to them.

Does anyone else find RTE's coverage and analysis a bit strange today? I though the analysis on The Sunday Game Live with Joe Brolley, Colm O'Rourke and Ciaran Whelan was bad until I tuned in to watch The Sunday Game with Kevin McStay, Martin McHugh and Dermot Earley. Not one of them gave any credit to Cork whatsoever. Cork lost by a point today and deserve some positive plaudits! For instance when Mayo went 7 points ahead at the start of the second half it was because Mayo upped the intensity, but when Cork brought the game back level again, it was because Mayo had taken their foot off the pedal, and not because Cork had upped their own intensity. So, rather than compliment Cork for dragging themselves back into the game, the pundits basically criticized Mayo for relaxing and thinking the game was won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Maybe somethings went right today and maybe sometthings went wrong but at least they showed a bit of spirit which hopefully means that things are ok in thecamp .the performance against kerry was so bad I suspected that things were sour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭lukin

I hope there isn't a load of moaning in the papers tomorrow from Cuthbert and the players about the ref.Let's take our beating like men and leave that carry-on to Davy Fitz.

Theres no point in having all workers in a team it must have a balance.
    What job did colm do?
    Got a lot of sweeping ball,but had No Threat going forward.
    Doing a job is fine but when O.Rourke does so much more.
    I agree sean he ran all day and is a warrior ,i feel o rourke is that also.
    I agree with you regards cahalane.

Maguire worked hard as i said but he didnt win any ball in the air.

Archer,i agree in some points but The Key CRUCIAL FUNDAMENTAL.DIFFERENCE IS kerry have two PROVEN QUALITY COACHES IN O NEILL AND FITZMAURICE that get every last inch out of their team.

What do we have.To compare us to kerry is like comparing apples and oranges.

Colm o rourke in the indo said mayo were not peaking for today.If mayo had hit top gear or had two forwards we would have been blown away.
    Lets not kid ourselves,Dublin would tear us apart and Donegal also as they have two key forwards.

This one point defeat means cuthbhert will convince himself and those naive enough to believe him  that Cork are going in the right direction.

Anbody that thinks the Board will review hes reign are in for a rude awakening.Look at the u21 hurling shamble,not a word spoken.
    Bob ryan was in ennis.If we had won hed be the middle man in the photo taking the limelight like he was in the Munster final hurling win ,twas like he was the Jesus among hes discipiles,he had to be seen to be part of the Resurrection of Cork hurling.

Where will he be now after the u21 hurling ,now football.
    Of course any questions asked,the public spin takes full circle.
    We have the All ireland intermediate final and.then the senior Semi the week after so cork gaa focus must be on those two huge games for Cork GAA.

Magentis,thats your opinion fair enough but my opinion , is your view is a similar one that served Cork all so well during the leauge,dare not criticse and go with the flow,dont upset the apple cart.

Just.my opinions, the same ones i got criticised for in being honest regards ,hayes ,sullivan ,mcdonnell as a full back in hurling,the u21 hurling and minor football management  this set up as far back as january etc so ill take what you say with a pinch of salt if you dont mind.

In that i criticise purely on the field of play,am consistent with my views ,and believe being honest and call a spade a spade is what cork needs.Im sorry if that i want more  for Cork gaa,that it too deep anayalis for you.Youre happy to see cork football waste talent,fair enough.You are entitled to that opinion .

As i said at half time,this game was winnable.I paid the players credit for despite being poorly managed giving it their all.I see all irelands in this panel being wasted away and that saddens me.

Walsh said he wants to be dual for two more years.Will cuthbhert to stamp it out?

Cuthbhert was fairly mute in hes interview afterwards ,he didnt may.bout the ref.After shooting from the hip during the weeks hes in no positon to say much.

What he did say was players gave away possession and mistakes.He made huge mistakes ,cahalane ,kerrigan and gould should have been subbed.

He finally learned how to play loughrey though.He had a superb.second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

lukin wrote: »
    I hope there isn't a load of moaning in the papers tomorrow from Cuthbert and the players about the ref.Let's take our beating like men and leave that carry-on to Davy Fitz.

"But you saw the game there today as well as i did. There were things in it that the ref did that we could talk about. Theres a lot more to it than you might know but i can't go into it here.The conspiracy goes to the highest level but we will say nothing about it. You saw those incidents and they speak for themselves but when we are up against forces that we cant control we just had to get on with it. I will say no more!"

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement