Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Era I Wilshere

Garan Manley definatly after joining cork city u19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Garan Manley i wish him the best  ,huge loss to Cork and Midelton and Midelton cbs also in the Harty cup next year.A terrfic talent,huge influence to Cbs winning the Dean Ryan Cup despite unforunately missing the final v Ard Scoil in Cashel.
    I hope it works out for him.

Adam sullivan glen rovers from cork u16 hurling also meant to joined Cobh Ramblers,anyone confirm??.Fine hurler also,if he has joined best of luck to the lad also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

When will the underage squads be out for the tournaments?

They were announced in May the squads,their in rebel og.

The eugence carey in mallow in a few weeks is going to.be v good,Cork will have a tough ask ti regain their title

Limerick u 17 have been doing super work under wallace,won a tournanent in wexford also,they will take beating

Landers and ring oversaw the 17s In cork,they had an input
    If you played 30 minutes more intercoubty minor your inegibke
    I think the terrific john looney aghada,mideltion is eligble
    Butty mccarthy is also.

• Advertisement

James Owens is the Ref for Cork.v Tpp.Gladly taken imo,as James Mcgrath is liable on hes day to do anything at all.
    Hes doing the Kilkenny Limerick.Rather them than us do it to have him.

Pa Cronin is a doubt,for next week.A huge loss if out.Got lot of critiscim,but imo a huge part of the team,on and off the field.Imo has contributed in a lot ways to Corks attack,provides a real balance up front,frees Harnedy for half forward and keeps Paudie as a live bench option.

As much as i rate and am a fan of Paudie,himself,Horgan,and Cadogan are very similar,wristry,fast handed hurlers.Its good to have a different threat inside in terms of a target man.

He would be a real handful for barry so much they may have put maher back,and if that happened Tipp are substantially weaker at half back.

I hope He's fit,im sure Dr Con and the lads will do everything possible get him fit.

Donal Of Grady and Conor Fitzgerald, the minor with Limerick have been going to Ennis to get cryptotherapy their injuries.It must work as O'Grady is fit for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Pa Cronin is a doubt,for next week.A huge loss if out.Got lot of critiscim,but imo a huge part of the team,on and off the field.Imo has contributed in a lot ways to Corks attack,provides a real balance up front,frees Harnedy for half forward and keeps Paudie as a live bench option.

Agree 100%. Unfairly maligned by a lot of posters here. Genuine ball winner who will keep trying to win ball. If he was from KK he's the type of player Cody would pick.

The Cork Intermediate Hurling team to play Wexford in the All-Ireland Final tomorrow at 3pm in Nolan Park will line out as follows: 
    1. Richie Cunningham (Youghal)
    2. John O’Callaghan (Inniscarra - Captain) 
    3. Alan Dennehy (Charleville) 
    4. Brian O’Sullivan (Fermoy) 
    5. Colm Barry (Castlelyons) 
    6. Tadhg Healy (Buttevant) 
    7. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery
    8. Nicky Kelly (Mayfield) 
    9. John Cronin (Lisgoold) 
    10. Colm Spillane (Castlelyons) 
    11. Peter O’Brien (Kildorrery) 
    12. Michael O’Sullivan (Tracton)
    13. Colm Casey (Inniscarra) 
    14. David Drake (Carrigaline)
    15. Anthony Spillane (Castlelyons)

Subs
    16. James Mc Sweeney (Bandon)
    17. John Grace (Youghal)
    18. Tomás Lawrence (Brian Dillons)
    19. John Sheehan (Argideen Rangers)
    20. Paudie Butler (Argideen Rangers)
    21. Mark Sugrue (Bandon)
    22. Ronan Crowley (Bandon)
    23. Barry Lawton (Castlemartyr) 
    24. Adrian Mannix (Kilworth)

Liam Hayes and his selectors have made just one change to the team ahead of the All-Ireland Final, with Cork U21 Anthony Spillane replacing the suspended Cormac Murphy. 
    The Wexford team will line out as follows: 
    1 Niall Breen - Tara Rocks2 Brendan Mulligan - Faythe Harriers
    3 James Breen - Adamstown
    4 Barry Kehoe - Oulart-The Ballagh
    5 Patrick Naughter - Ballygarrett
    6 Michael Jacob - Oulart-The Ballagh
    7 Mark Maloney - St Martin’s
    8 Bob Jacob  -Shamrocks
    9 Tommy Dwyer  - Ferns St Aidan’s
    10 Benny Jordan - Ferns St Aidan’s
    11 Jim Berry - Faythe Harriers
    12 Peter Murphy - Oulart-The Ballagh
    13 Emmet Kent - Clongeen
    14 Redmond Barry - St. Anne’s
    15 Jamie Reck - Oylgate-Glenbrien
    16 Peter O Brien - Blackwater
    17 Alan Nolan - Taghmon-Camross
    18 Edward Redmond - Ballygarrett
    19 Kevin Walsh - St Anne’s

Murphy is a huge loss
    I feel for the lad,missing out on a huge day over a stupid rule imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

The Cork Intermediate Hurling team to play Wexford in the All-Ireland Final tomorrow at 3pm in Nolan Park will line out as follows: 
    1. Richie Cunningham (Youghal)
    2. John O’Callaghan (Inniscarra - Captain) 
    3. Alan Dennehy (Charleville) 
    4. Brian O’Sullivan (Fermoy) 
    5. Colm Barry (Castlelyons) 
    6. Tadhg Healy (Buttevant) 
    7. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery
    8. Nicky Kelly (Mayfield) 
    9. John Cronin (Lisgoold) 
    10. Colm Spillane (Castlelyons) 
    11. Peter O’Brien (Kildorrery) 
    12. Michael O’Sullivan (Tracton)
    13. Colm Casey (Inniscarra) 
    14. David Drake (Carrigaline)
    15. Anthony Spillane (Castlelyons)

Subs
    16. James Mc Sweeney (Bandon)
    17. John Grace (Youghal)
    18. Tomás Lawrence (Brian Dillons)
    19. John Sheehan (Argideen Rangers)
    20. Paudie Butler (Argideen Rangers)
    21. Mark Sugrue (Bandon)
    22. Ronan Crowley (Bandon)
    23. Barry Lawton (Castlemartyr) 
    24. Adrian Mannix (Kilworth)

Liam Hayes and his selectors have made just one change to the team ahead of the All-Ireland Final, with Cork U21 Anthony Spillane replacing the suspended Cormac Murphy. 
    The Wexford team will line out as follows: 
    1 Niall Breen - Tara Rocks2 Brendan Mulligan - Faythe Harriers
    3 James Breen - Adamstown
    4 Barry Kehoe - Oulart-The Ballagh
    5 Patrick Naughter - Ballygarrett
    6 Michael Jacob - Oulart-The Ballagh
    7 Mark Maloney - St Martin’s
    8 Bob Jacob  -Shamrocks
    9 Tommy Dwyer  - Ferns St Aidan’s
    10 Benny Jordan - Ferns St Aidan’s
    11 Jim Berry - Faythe Harriers
    12 Peter Murphy - Oulart-The Ballagh
    13 Emmet Kent - Clongeen
    14 Redmond Barry - St. Anne’s
    15 Jamie Reck - Oylgate-Glenbrien
    16 Peter O Brien - Blackwater
    17 Alan Nolan - Taghmon-Camross
    18 Edward Redmond - Ballygarrett
    19 Kevin Walsh - St Anne’s

Murphy is a huge loss
    I feel for the lad,missing out on a huge day over a stupid rule imo

I presume it's not on telly, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

citykat wrote: »
    Agree 100%. Unfairly maligned by a lot of posters here. Genuine ball winner who will keep trying to win ball. If he was from KK he's the type of player Cody would pick.

Cody wouldn't. I think Cody would want anyone he picks to have the ability to score. Cronin isnt that man. He is very similar to Timmy McCarthy. Rearly scored but his presence was important. Cronin is the same here.

• Advertisement

No not on telly
    103fm doing it live

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

James Owens is the Ref for Cork.v Tpp.Gladly taken imo,as James Mcgrath is liable on hes day to do anything at all.
    Hes doing the Kilkenny Limerick.Rather them than us do it to have him.

As much as i rate and am a fan of Paudie,himself,Horgan,and Cadogan are very similar,wristry,fast handed hurlers.Its good to have a different threat inside in terms of a target man.

He would be a real handful for barry so much they may have put maher back,and if that happened Tipp are substantially weaker at half back.

I hope He's fit,im sure Dr Con and the lads will do everything possible get him fit.

Donal Of Grady and Conor Fitzgerald, the minor with Limerick have been going to Ennis to get cryptotherapy their injuries.It must work as O'Grady is fit for Sunday.
    I agree 100% about Pa Cronin. He contributes a huge amount besides scoring. His physicality, ball winning ability and leadership on the field will be a huge loss. Last year on the AI final, he stepped up and scored a very important goal, and it wasn't an easy chance either. So make no mistake about it. He can score too!

Amprodude wrote: »
    Cody wouldn't. I think Cody would want anyone he picks to have the ability to score. Cronin isnt that man. He is very similar to Timmy McCarthy. Rearly scored but his presence was important. Cronin is the same here.

Well you could say that you won't score if you can't win your own ball. You could always faff around and wait for a breaking ball. You wouldn't last long with Cody though. Stick even the most limited hurler in FF and if he's winning ball he's gonna make hay no matter what. Look at Glynn for GY vs Tipp this year.

Pa Cronin bar the ist drawn game has had a superb season and he was played out of position then.
    I always belived full forward or no where.He is a huge loss if hes out to cork.He would keep tipp honest and more than capable for  James Barry..Absence will make the hearts grow fonder if hes out.

In the replay v waterford he made 3 points and fouled for 1-1 then against Clare he in the 2nd half stood up when the need was greatest and had 8 huge plays and was  in Corks top 3 main posseions

In that game he caught 3 puckouts and was having a superb game.He got unfair critisisim after 3 games but d he is hughely important toCork as hes a target man,a real.nussiance and can score goals and gives cork another dimenshon and A real leader.A superb captain.Got goal all ireleand final last year when the need was Greatest,like wise league relegation play off last year a superb goal.
    In 2012 he single handely led cork up front in ball winning,despite being our only serial ball winner.
    When cork needed a goal in 2012 semi v galway,he won a superb ball and hit the post,and was unluck
    Crippled by injury,then 12 weeks after serious illness,he came on v clare in june got a great score.

He Destroyed Gavin o mahony,taking him for 3 points,last year munster final,and again tormented him this year.
    In 2012 before tipp game,when padraic maher,done what every one knew,rough up Cathal Naughton,and thats he game over,Cronin Unselfishly Took "one for the team"he had the courage to stand up to maher,take no sh###e,gave maher a dose of hes own medicine,and went on to have a stormer,not suprisingly Naughton was no where to be seen in the Heat of the battle on the field of play.Cronin got a yellow card,but more importantly got the respect of Tpp,he would give them war if they wanted it.

Pauide Sullivan was suberb and is a great sub to have,but i feel starting him with Cadogan and Horgan provides no balance,as all 3 are wristy,elusive,tappy hurlers.
    Cork have a real target with cronin.
    If  cronin is out,we move harnedy in,and hes superb but then we loose hes power at half forward and him and cooper are needed to nulify padraig maher,create space for lehane and also kearney running through the middle.

Cronin,since last august i said here,half forward isnt hes place for a full game but more than capable of being a full forward for the next two years.
    I would not have him as captain next year in next year theres more competiton for places in the ist 15
    Id pass it over to Seamus Harnedy.A born leader.

What cronin is not or never was is a centre back and he was awful v clare in league group game,that was not hes fault,it was management for asking a guy do a job he simply couldnt.

With Walsh way more athletic and pacier ,cronin is not needed at midfield where once he was fine there.
    Harnedy and cooper,are faster and more mobile,there better men in there.Cronin was poor v waterford cause he played at half forward the ist day.

People that criticise cronin and say he shouldnt play should be careful for what they wish for,in look who our target man last year was Michael Cussen.Against poor full backs,lets be honest,standard of full backs as proven at cork level has been awful at senior club level the last four years bar the odd exception.

Cussen fair play and credit due got club team year last two years and likely to get it again this year but has never mostly faced top club full backs, Killan Cronin,Darren Mannix,Damien Cahalane,who are tough and resoulte something cussen for all hes height is Not.

The one player he faced last year like that,colm spillane in ucc v sars the drawn game,Cussen couldnt win a ball,as Colm Spillane doesnt do reputations,he hit cussen hard and fair and the so called Great -Cussen was no where to be seen.
    He and I said it here the night before the County final last year,would be made look a hero v a fine hurler but not a full back in patrick o mahony.
    Yet when the teak tough jamie nagle went on Cussen he held him effortlessy.

If Cussen faced Eoin Keane for the barrs even ,or the outstanding currently u17 cork current cloyne no 3 Ian cahill,both tough hurlers imo cussen would struggle.
    Cahill if he stays injury free will be superb,so good cloyne moved killan cronin to centre back,and with cusack in goal guiding him and The Rock also we have a potential senior 3,with Colm Spillane,Gunning and Michael mcsweeney.

Thankfully cussen will never play for cork again yet in an interview six weeks ago to John Coughlan(fine reporter)after they beat bride rovers,yes he played well but with respect the bride full back is not intercounty material,cussen said,he held no grudges with jbm he felt hard done by and never got a chance and should of been full forward he had lots to offer cork.Pat Ryan hes club manager backed him and i understand he had to back him.
    Some say injuries held Cussen back
    ,yes he was unlucky but thats not why he is not up to intercounty

JBM knew he made one huge mistake last year,he brought cussen in,and said he should have had him in 2012.Once bitten twice shy,jbm knew he got numerous chances last year,and years before with Cork,but like in the football ,Big Games he Failed Constanly,not for a lack of skill,more so for a lack of temparment in big games,toughness and work ethic.
    Big difference scoring two goals in Cloughduv in a mickey mouse challenge game against Tipp than an All ireland Semi final v them in Croker.

So for all peoples imo unfair critiscims with Cronin,if some had there way we could have a lot worse at full forward.

Ciaran Sheehan making headlines in the AFL with an unorthodox bounce with the ball that has never been seen on an AFL field before, in the latest Carlton game. I guess that was his Gaelic football skill doing the honours there.

People that criticise cronin and say he shouldnt play should be careful for what they wish for,in look who our target man last year was Michael Cussen.

Cork hurling reached it's nadir when Cussen was playing. Nowhere near IC standard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Amprodude wrote: »
    Ciaran Sheehan making headlines in the AFL with an orthodox bounce with the ball that has never been seen on an AFL field before, in the latest Carlton game. I guess that was his Gaelic football skill doing the honours there.

Not sure what you're talking about here. He had a clumsy enough bounce but nothing like what you are saying.

He did well tho. Good start for him and should play out the rest of the season for them

bruschi wrote: »
    Not sure what you're talking about here. He had a clumsy enough bounce but nothing like what you are saying.

He did well tho. Good start for him and should play out the rest of the season for them

It is talked about alot on sports coverage out here in Aussie. Played numerous times.

citykat wrote: »
    Cork hurling reached it's nadir when Cussen was playing. Nowhere near IC standard.

Exactly. When he made it we knew hurling in Cork was gone to cuckooland.

Ballymartle won 5-12 beat The Rockies to 2-17

Bad loss for the Rockies,look at the rescoures both teams.
    Blackrock  have done super work at minor and u21 ,there young but really should beat Ballymartle on paper and after getting.a huge lead
    It would be good for Cork if city teams got strong but you couldnt begrude Ballymartle etc

A defeat that its fair to say will stay them for the next few months as with a healthy lead,in this game it was  certainly winnable for them.

I think kevin O'keoffe at midfield.backfired, he is a much better forward.
    ,Niall Cashman should played in defence,to bring him on with a lot of hurling played is,closing the door when the Horse has Bolted.

Murphy was very good,David Cashman,Shane O' Keoffe looks good one to watch with Cork,can win ball but  they played as individuals,Ballymartle had two goals from ex Cork senior,intermediate Brian Corry and Darren Mccarthy,but played more as a team,in Tobin,Mcarthy,Corry and outstanding Ricard Cahalane at midfield(Cork potential)

Brian Corry man of the match,edged Darren Mccarthy imo got two goals,few points,fouled for a penalty,won a lot of ball in the air.
    A fine club player,outstanding servant at club,never made it at senior and im suprised and couldnt say why.Work rate was never an issue
    I saw him in a few league games,particulary v Limerick in Gaelic
    Grounds around 2007 or 08 he was superb.

He,wont make it for Cork now,but very impressive at club.
    Alan Browne ,u21 Cork selector has done well with Blackrock to a point but there was some strange decisions to say the least in hes team,I belive Wayne Sherlcock for both Blackrock and Cork u21 to be a better coach.

Ballymartle are a real club team,real spirit and doggnesdness in them like Valley Rovers,Newtowns,Clydas  ,Grenaghs of this world.

A huge test for Bishopstown or Glen Rovers up next with a realistic chance of winning as the last few years,have hardened them for battle,and given them confidence and expierence that served them so well last night.

Aishling Thompson was brillant on the gaa show on rte.A brave story.
    Best of luck to the camoige team v offaly in the All Ireland quater final in the Gaelic Grounds.

The Kilkenny panel for Sunday senior game v limerick is just awesome,simply imo took my breath away.And they have a manager ruthless enough to make changes despite great reputations.

They are simply going to blow limerick away,while Tj waits an age to bring on Tom Ryan,kilkenny will empty that awesome bench.Not one passenger in that match day panel of 26 imo.I reference this there is a valuable lesson imo for Cork,pick a match day panel where every single sub brings some real real quality to the team when introduced.Cork must do the same.
    Our starting 15 is fine and some subs are fine but we have at least 3 that imo off the level required.
    Cork if they win the All Ireland,certainly wont be a soft all ireland.

Best of luck to cork intermediates today.Im confident,Liam hayes said Cork need to go out today and play like champions if they want to win.Hes right.

Cork have real ball winning,tough no nonense,hard direct hurler,blessed with a real real work ethic,never beaten attuide,in Tadhg healy,Mick walsh,Peter o brien,Michael Sullivan,John O callaghan.

Then the youthful exurbence of Colm and Anthony Spillane ,John Cronin,Nicky kelly Colm Barry two great warriors,with controlled agression,the skilfull and elusive david drake and goal poacher in casey.Kelly is maybee lucky to start,i would have drake instead at midfield but i rate kelly,covers lots of ground.

The winning of the game is in the half back line and half forward line.
    Our half back line is a fortress under the high ball,Barry in hed best position( not full back where current cork u21 manager failed to see this despite barry playing as a cork minor there)healy and the superb walsh.

My worry is with murphy out for all healys strengths,hes lacks real pace,and murphy is a huge loss.
    I wouldnt have healy imo for that reason id have sugrue at 11 and Spillane at 6,but i understand healy being their ,as hayes won an all ireland with healy as a player at this grade and healy is tough as nails and can hurl.
    I would just prefer younger talent with potential to go to the senior but no one can deny Tadhg healy a minor winner 2001, is a great servant to Cork hurling.

Colm Spillane has some hand to catch a ball and is very good in the air,strong and loves being in the thick of the action.
    The brother Anthony is similarly as good,the apple doesnt fall far from the three thankfully in this scenario.
    If anthony gets quaitly ball he will do serious damage and while i prefer if drake was at midfield,Spillane is an excellent foil for him.

Id be convinced totally with cormac murphy,Cork would win and with a bit to spare,as this being corks fifth game,winning close fought games reeling in big leads,being ruthless v tipp,where as its just wexfords second game.
    And They had a big lead v kiljenny but kilkenny came back,but wexford just edged it,but they have a few older lads also ,so they are not a very very fast team like the Galway youthful team practially their u 21 team cork beat the last day.

They have good hurlers in Mick jacob,Redmond Barry and kent moved in to corner forward meant to be a lively player that needs watching.At least Cork know what wexford bring,as they had a game,In the semi final galway was riddled with danger as they were facing the unknown.

However Murphy absence ,Cork player of the year,Jamie Wall also out evens it up and wexford will have more support in knowlan park.

Dave guiney is a serious coach,so wexford be fit but looking at all the adversity on and off the field this wonderful Cork set up faced all year id say cork to win.
    They go behinds in games,but dont dwell on it.Its the win the next ball mantra.

Hayes and hes selectors are fast to make changes and with a bench of sheehan oustanding v galway and unlucky to loose out,Crowley,mannix,The majestic mark Sugrue cork have real matchwinners on the bench.

I wouldnt be suprised if mark sugrue or mannix made a huge difference from the bench.The dry hard ground would suit mannix.

Cork are aiming to win this for many reasons but im sure doing it for Mark kennfick absent due to.cruciate injury,Jamie wall absent due to illness and the unfortunate Cormac murphy to suspension.

If Cork win,those three have had huge parts to play in corks season.and im sure no one forgets them.
    So winning an all ireland at any level fuels the Desire alone,winning it for our three brave absent musakateers gives them added focus and a real hunger to win.I wish mark and jamie the best in their recoveries.

And Cormac,im sure if he keeps up hes form,he will be part of big days at Senior.Other potential senior players are Colm Barry,The two Spillanes,Sugrue(on the senior football panel,has to choose a code) and Michael sullivan,should imo be on the senior panel.
    Mick walsh imo is worth a recall,good with other campaigns never got a run with jbm.
    John cronin supberb with Cit,worth a few game.Give him a chance.Ideal in a ball winning role,working role.Imo there should be 3 new additions to the senior panel so try out these guys .They deserve their shot at the title so to speaks,others had more than enough chances and have not delivered imo.

This panel all year and management are a Real credit to Cork gaa and hurling,and All of Cork,North ,South,East,West,the City is all represented by either players or management here,all four corners of Cork in an All ireland final with a realistic chance of winning.Best of luck to all involved.
    Unfortunately i missed the AFL game but it sounds sheehan had a good debut.Fair play,im delighted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Just a couple points TTM, Sherlock isn't involved in any way with coaching Blackrock at Senior or U21 this year. It's Fergal Ryan in charge of the 21s and John Browne rather than Alan Browne in charge of the seniors.

Poor result for Blackrock. They're still in a bit of a transition phase though and I'd expect to see them really kick on in the next couple years.

Thats my.point with sherlock he was involved as u21 selector last year ,imo is a top coach.

I thought alan was involved also.
    Ye have talent in blackrock but imo a few changes on the side line.suprised me
    I dont know much with john browne coaching ,a great player but ,i cant see why a forward of kevins potential isnt near goals.

Would you start Niall cashman?

The talent is there,up to management to harvest it.Crowley doing well with less avaible at ballymartle.
    I hope blackrock win a county,its good for cork.

Thats my.point with sherlock he was involved as u21 selector last year ,imo is a top coach.

I thought alan was involved also.
    Ye have talent in blackrock but imo a few changes on the side line.suprised me
    I dont know much with john browne coaching ,a great player but ,i cant see why a forward of kevins potential isnt near goals.

Would you start Niall cashman?

The talent is there,up to management to harvest it.Crowley doing well with less avaible at ballymartle.
    I hope blackrock win a county,its good for cork.

Wayne is still playing and putting in a big commitment to the juniors so maybe that's why he isn't involved. I'm pretty sure it's his own choice.

Alan is involved but in a very minor role compared to John Browne, Mick Kilcoyne etc.

I'd agree regarding O'Keeffe but he has been playing very well in midfield all year. Picks up a lot of breaks, uses the ball intelligently and a good shooter from distance. Himself and O'Farrell will be an excellent partnership in the future.

Generally Cashman would very much be in contention to start but this was his leaving cert year and he doesn't have a whole lot of hurling behind him. You can see he's been rusty in a couple recent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

Some seem immune to your criticism TTM. Cronin is one. If another played as bad as he did you would be up in arms. He doesn't score enough and for a big man doesn't catch a whole pile. I think Paudie should start ahead of him everytime. Pebble is so lively, get's on every ball. In contrast to that Pa is slow and immobile. He has his uses but I think they're are players on the bench who should start ahead of him

Ned Walsh wrote: »
    Some seem immune to your criticism TTM. Cronin is one. If another played as bad as he did you would be up in arms. He doesn't score enough and for a big man doesn't catch a whole pile. I think Paudie should start ahead of him everytime. Pebble is so lively, get's on every ball. In contrast to that Pa is slow and immobile. He has his uses but I think they're are players on the bench who should start ahead of him

Personally think Cronin is perfect for the role he played against Limerick before he came off. Moving a relatively immobile full back around and coming out to the wing and being a big option on puck outs. He doesn't score a huge amount himself these dad but is often responsible for 3 or 4 assists as well as the odd couple he chips in with too.

Being an impact sub has made it easier for Pebbles to look good this year. I wouldn't be in anyway unhappy or untrusting of him starting but a full forward line of himself, Hoggy and Caddy is too similar IMO. Cronin provides something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Why is C Murphy suspended for Cork today.

closeline wrote: »
    Why is C Murphy suspended for Cork today.

Still suspended from the Cork U21 game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork camogie through to the semifinal after beating Offaly, 2-20 to 1-15. Think it's Wexford they play next in two weekends time. Footballers should be out next weekend if Croke Park have any sense and not put their fixture in the following weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Well done to the Intermediates who won today!!

All-Ireland Intermediate Hurling Final Cork 2-18 Wexford 2-12

• Advertisement

A TRULY FANTASIC ,UTTERLY MAGNIFICENTLY BRILLANT WIN,Cork 2-18 to Wexfords 2 -12.

CORK 2014 All IRELAND INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONS,WON 5 games ,not a soft all ireland,and kings in the Roll Of Honour..Its sweet to win an all ireland hurling title in Kilkenny also.Of all the Intermediate titles Cork won this has to be the best in ,five wins beating young fututre senior stars
    With waterford and clare,and The Galway u21 team,the ist title since.the rules were changed in 2011 and also missing key players ,at various times.

A real real top coach in liam hayes(made a superb brave ruthless call took off Mick walsh who didnt play to hes best but had a supberb season,put the Awesome Majestic Colm Spillane to Centre back as i said do before the game,and Barry lawton who got two fine points went to half forward all the selectors and every single member of the panel involved during the year deserve immense credit for superb win,the best til last in todays fifth game of the season.
    Take a bow to all involved.This season should be called The Famous five.Hayes asked for Cork to play like Champions.What an answer he got.

A special word to Wexford,a brave,gallant team,some nice hurlerd ,well coached by dave guiney(good coach)that refused to wilt til the game was over.Wexford should be proud,Cork just had too much for them.

A more glowing anaylis to follow later to laud this Wonderful wonderful special Group that Done Cork Hurling so Proud today.

Man of the match ,Colm Spillane,Alan Dehhenny,Colm Barry,John Cronin,Peter O Brien,Michael Sullivan,Drake,Colm Casey all in contention but id Give it to Colm barry just ahead of Spillane.
    At half back hes a fortress,hurls with such freedom than at full back.When any player in any team is played in their best position it makes a world of difference to their perferomance but more Importantly to the teams perferomance.Drake and Michael sullivan got the goals.
    Cunningham in Goal was very good.What a year for Youghal Hurling in general.

But every single player played a part,and all the subs.
    I Truly believed Cork would today win as i Truly believed In management getting the best out of this Group of players,as management gave me every reason to believe in them and no reason not to.
    Congratuations to all.

If i was JBM I'd have Spillane,Murphy,and Michael sullivan on the matchday 24 next sunday.All three if needed would make a difference.
    And all have been with the senior panel this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement