Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Yeah I take the point re McDonnell. It's why he can't play full back unfortunately.

Where we seem to be differing is you seem to have a good bit of faith in Cahalane where I'm not fully convinced by him yet. I don't doubt his temperament, physicality or commitment but just not sure he has the pure hurling to survive! Hopefully you're right and he'll prove me wrong!

The full forward spot is a hard one to call. I wouldn't be considering Cian Mc personally. A completely off the wall suggestion may be Egan to 7, Lorcan to midfield, Walsh to 10 and Harnedy inside. Looks good on paper but disrupting so many players probably wouldn't be a great idea though, especially when they've looked so solid and settled this year.

If I had to make a decision I'd probably just bring in Pebbles and start him inside and switching him with Harnedy if it isn't working.

I'd have Spillane on the bench without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

The moves you had imo could work as lorchan will be suited by tipp,and he had hes best ever game in midfield v tipp in 2012

Egan if he turns up,could do a job,but we cant be sure,he was poor in 2012

Walsh would be fine at ten.
    As you say ,make 3 changes for 1 is risky.

If cronin is out they will go with pebbles id say.
    One other option is jamie in for walsh,coughlan be fine against tipps midfield,walsh at ten,and harnedy at 14.

I see your point with cahalane,i just feels hes the best we got for now.Spillane injuries robbed us of him this year.
    Full back could be a problem next year as cahalane i feel will stick to one code,football.

Its vital,spillane gets games,try jack sheehan also.At least in div 1 next year we face top full forwards,ideal to test a new full back and get him ready for championship.
    If cahalane works ,as i always feared it could be just a short term soulution to a long standing problem,as he is going to have pick a code,soon enough,its likely and understandable he will choose football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Mark Collins has joined up with the hurlers according to Crowley

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/08/12/cronin-learn-fate-tonight/

Complete madness ino,mark collins has joined the extended panel.The dual issue is becoming a joke.Christ above we have two dual lads from douglas with no league games really,limited club hurling games but training with cork.
    He wont make the match day 24 buts it is clearly a sign for next year.

If when he played minor,he was good at best hardly better whats availble.

Mark sugrue,Anthony spillane,Kevin o keoffe,michael sullivan,Peter O Brien,David drake etc.

If Colm spillane,michael sullivan,Cormac Murphy dont.make match day 24 after busting their balls all year at senior panel,u21 or intermediate,yet A lad with no intercouny hurling in nearly 3 years walks on the extended panel its a joke

What message does that send to our recently crowned all ireland intermediate champions,with lads aiming to make the senior panel.It means form means nothing,we take dual players.
    Im a huge fan of collins,as a footballer backed him many times here,but he is not a senior intercounty hurler.
    Could have five duals stars next year as why include him unless he is part of next year plans.
    Has all logic with dual players actually gone out the window.

Jamie nagle best left half back in cork the last two years cant even get a panel place yet we facilate others.
    Imo terrible,call from jbm.
    Cork football needs collins next year the hurers dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Horse84 wrote: »
    Mark Collins has joined up with the hurlers according to Crowley

At this rate Castlehaven wouldn't be far of having a serious hurling side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭lukin

Lads and lassies just in case ye want to know Irish Rail have just put on another train for Sunday so get online and book it if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Jamie nagle best left half back in cork the last two years cant even get a panel place yet we facilate others.
    Imo terrible,call from jbm.
    Cork football needs collins next year the hurers dont

It has nothing to do with 2014, this is the message for 2015 - 'dual' players will be hurling focused, walsh, both cadogans, Collins, cahalane.
    Lads colm spillane is not on the squad so how can he be selected for sunday?

sean mac wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with 2014, this is the message for 2015 - 'dual' players will be hurling focused, walsh, both cadogans, Collins, cahalane.
    Lads colm spillane is not on the squad so how can he be selected for sunday?

I haven't seen Collins pay more than 4 or 5 times but I never would have considered him good enough for Senior Intercounty based on those performances.

If Collins is called in it shouldn't be too difficult for Spillane to be called in also I'd presume!

Collins is obivously being called in over fears for cronin,and over six feet is a target man i would suspect is their reasoning behind it.

Simply wont work imo.He won a munster minor with cork in 2008, just played i think one u 21 game,tipp beat us in cork 2009,the same james barry didnt give him a ball then he went off.If he was that good you would think he would have joined hes club men harringtion and moylan on cork intermediate team.

Good for douglas hardly standing out imo.Against newtown he had a fine game last year ,but Conor Twomey.a fine player,still a minor then couldnt cope with hes strength was subbed.He got a goal  .

He got a goal v ballymartle late on,but was pretty much out of that game.

Is fast,mobile etc but unless commits soley hurling next year shouldnt be in the hurling scence.

Peter o brien ,is not intercounty level at half forward but if cronin outs ,worth s panel place ahead of collins ,as in the air,he is a ball winner.

Mark sugrue is tall and strong,a far better hurler imo.
    On the extended football panel,but would be hurling ,such is the football talent ahead of him.
    At least hes not established footballer,that like collins be a huge loss to them.

Michael o sullivan a better midfielder,half forward ,better at 14 ,fully committed hurler played there at times for cit,tracton etc a better option.

Im not a great fan of cian mac starting but at full forward id have him any day over collins,better in the air.
    At 14,may get away with hes lack of pace and mobilty.

I was from day one, against dualism bar walsh,and the view was ah lets see how it goes,cubby has no choice stay with it,lets give it time managers believe its workable,players choice etc,look where we are at now.

Five dual players next year,as cadogan isnt needed up front as great as he is would be at football,we have forwards but he will join next year you would think.

Dublin flying in football,on course for two in a row ,Gavin wont allow even any possible hurlers talk to Daly about hurling, it is simply not up for debate yet Cork allow 5 dual players.

I would be sickened if i was an intercounty hurler dropped from the panel,during the year,training all year,league etc.,then lad comes.straight in from the cold,hasnt hurled since 2010 intercounty,cork.

When a player dropped like white,cussen etc ,they can have no excuse as had many chances but when you have lads brought in from the cold its just wrong on the.other side of it.

Killan murphy imo was disgracefully treated,played v.tipp in a.challenge before the league,played in most league games,and played well yet he was then dropped.

Eoin keane gave up the football,to focus on hurling.
    He was Outstanding minor,u21 for cork,superb with cit,we play him out of position(said the night before he could get roasted)at half back in the league v tipp, and unfortunately he got well beaten.

Then with confidence understandbly rock bottom we play him full back v limerick in a challenge,where we should of played him in the first place imo,he got cleaned out,then imo unfairly dropped from the panel.He Wasnt going to start,but i would have kept him on the panel.

Paudie murray cork camoige coach,brother cork hurler kevin,won an all ireland junior football with cork,caused a bit of stir by calling up footballer angela walsh and ireland soccer player amy o connor to the current squad

In hes defence hes squad lacks depth and options.
    Amy played minor camoige this year for cork so id say its justifed in a way.

Collins scenario is compeltely different as jbm has better options availbe and unlike o.connor hasnt played for cork hurling in any code in FOUR YEARS as far as im aware.

Colm spillane ,Sean was involved earlier but got injured,My point is he Should be involved now.
    I agree and i said it in my post,he wont make it sunday,but collins will be their next year

I joked we might as well call up collins in May,in whos next scenario.
    That joke bore fruit now.

Who next is on jbms list?
    Ken o halloran munster u 21 hurling winner keeper 2008
    Colm O Neill asked before but declined to join.

Limerick minor hurlers made it clear,no dual players this year under wallace and company.
    Thats why they will beat galway sunday and imo win the minor all ireland as there ruthless and one hundred per cent hurling,no other sideshows.

Im not sure spillane ,murphy will.make the panel,as logic at times goes out the window as collins inclusion is not even a bolt from the blue but a strange unjustifed call imo.

Seriously ,with all dual lads why not thank cuthbhert for hes effort,make jbm manager of both,far easier to do than play both ,something goods comes out of dualiam ,as jbm would do better with the footballers.
    Dualism imo is a complete circus of a situation developing.

Can the haven boys or Blackrock posters here confirm,?,Is Mark nephew to Former 2006 cork senior selector Donie a castle haven man,played and got a goal,in one of four senior all ireland club titles with the rockies won a national league with cork,u21 all ireland with cork and sub for the last two minutes of the 1972 senior all ireland final that cork lost,an epic final,we should of won.Donie was a fine forward.

• Advertisement

TTM, he is a nephew to donie a selector with Gerard a few years ago. Oneill will be targeted again by the hurling management after the all Ireland if he remains fit, make no doubt about it. Collins was asked after the Kerry debacle to give an indication of the camaraderie between both managements. I understand at least one selector will walk over the dual issue and I don't blame him, if your hands are tied behind your back why bother.

Thanks sean i thought as much with being related to donie

I heard two selectors are reviewing their position

Sean ,your a poster very knowagble,how do you rate collins as a hurler?

Thanks sean i thought as much with being related to donie

I heard two selectors are reviewing their position

Sean ,your a poster very knowagble,how do you rate collins as a hurler?

I have seen very little of douglas in recent years, I remember Collins as a wing forward down the pairc a few years ago vs tipp in 2010. His only job that night seemed to work hard and make life uncomfortable for a serious tipp team which went onto win the all Ireland. He certainly did not stand out, and its obvious that he has prioritised football for the last 4 years.
    He is not an option for this year, this is simply JBM et al marking their territory for next year, an eay target of course as the castlehaven players in particular have no time for cuthbert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

sean mac wrote: »
    TTM, he is a nephew to donie a selector with Gerard a few years ago. Oneill will be targeted again by the hurling management after the all Ireland if he remains fit, make no doubt about it. Collins was asked after the Kerry debacle to give an indication of the camaraderie between both managements. I understand at least one selector will walk over the dual issue and I don't blame him, if your hands are tied behind your back why bother.

It's great to see a bit of disharmony in the rebel camp a few days before the match. Losing twice to clare twice in '07 was bad,but losing to the old enemy in the first all ireland semi final between the two would be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

seventh7 wrote: »
    TTM will agree that Cork have oceans of talent coming through with the cream of the crop split between the u15 and u16 squads. The famine amy come to an end in the near future. They have oceans of skill pace and power I witnessed a recent game between the aforementiond squads and it was awesome. I will mention no names but all have been mentioned on this thread before. Mark my words the structure is now there to get them through.

Anybody have an opinion on the upcoming Premier 1 u16 Final Sars vs Na Parsaigh. This could be a cracker. Same match up as the feile final in 2012 where Sars came out on top by a point. At least 7 cork u16s on view.

seventh7 wrote: »
    Anybody have an opinion on the upcoming Premier 1 u16 Final Sars vs Na Parsaigh. This could be a cracker. Same match up as the feile final in 2012 where Sars came out on top by a point. At least 7 cork u16s on view.

As far as I know that Sars team have not lost a game since they were 12. They had at least 6 in their very impressive minor side that shocked Blackrock. I'd say it would be hard to bet against them!

Seventh,that should be a cracing u 16 final ,Sars be huge favourites,with a possible full forward line of Tristsan O Leary,Jack O Connor,both cork players top forwards.Colin Looney joins the list of other top class young goalies for cork.Shane o driscoll also with cork,a fine hurler.

Daniel gunning for na piarsaigh and killlan ahern are two excellent hurlers i rate extremely highely.
    Is kyle power eligable also?a fine hurler.
    Should be a classic if the weather is good,na piarsaigh will test Sarsfields.

Cork minor,u21,future senior goal keeper Pa collins got 8 points for ballinshsig from half forward in the intermediate hurling the weekend.Cork intermediates have to field a bran new team next year,and by playing at this grade with club next year he is eligble for Cork Intermediate hurlers and a certainty to start as keeper imo barring injury.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/kearney-proving-size-isnt-everything-on-centre-stage-30503893.html
    A great interview with kearney

An interview with  the Magnificent Le Chin today, relevant to cork thread imo,as he says no way is he doing dual next year,It cant be done. http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/no-dual-mandate-for-chin-as-wexford-target-leinster-glory-30503868.html

Tipp to name their name tommorrow,word is O Mahony wont start,imo that happens will barry will be full back,maher at half back.We need cronin to be fit

Tippereary done their last full training session last night behind closed doors,they know the team for Sunday.
    Thursday is open to the public,that justs like a marathon runner days before hes race, going for a short run,just a taper session,no tempo or tactics in the run,Tipp be same thursday just a puck around,meet the fans etc.

Weather for Sunday is meant to be wet and slippery at times.Rain doesnt bother me,Cork have phyiscailty,and tipp have as much pace we do if it slows us down, it slows tipp also.

It will slow the opening half down,suit us imo.It would also be ideal for Ellis to hold down the centre,less movement from Tipp if it is wet and questions remain can tipp win a dogfight.We know our lads under JBM,have characther,and resilence,to grind it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

I agree with you 100% We ran Sars close in the semi final we just ran out of steam in the last 10 mins. Historically Sars should be hot favorites but I have a sneaky feeling that Na Parsaigh will turn them over. Sars have a super inside forward line but Na Parsaigh have pace and power all over the field. Gunning is a match winner and Evan Sheehan is in super form. Ahern will drive them from midfield, huge engine should have a serious tussle with Shane O Driscoll. Strangley both these young fellas played on a supposed Cork b u 16 selection against Waterford in Dublin at the weekend. Ahern scored 1-2 from play and O' Driscoll had three points from half back. For the life of me I cannot understand how these two can be left off an A panel. It is difficult to understand lots of talent in the squad but these two guys B players, I think not. Very strange perhaps there is a greater plan at work. With the loss of Garan Manley and Adam O Sullivan to soccer one would think the powers that be would be vigiliant. Both kids serious athletes would be useful additions to other codes.

Id agree seventh ,the talent coming through is awesome,no exaggeration.Rock u16s are a fine team for cork.

Evan sheehan is good also.
    Garan and Evan both big losses to cork but thats the nature we face,im not sure much can be done if they want to go,but wish them the best in the new sport.
    Kevin taylor mallow,with cork football plays soccer in cork,and many other examples so the risk is there they go to other sports.
    Amy o connor minor,senior camoige,plays soccer with ireland.
    Thats always there many sports stars have gaa background ,Irelands ladies rubgy team is the same niamh briggs was a waterford gaelic footballer for example.

Ye have fine talent in hurling in douglas Connor Russell ,kabia,Kingston boys,Ward,Dolan ,o connor etc
    Yere doing trojan work at underage.
    Flahive in football,power imo will be cork seniors in three years.Two top talents,
    Is eoin cotter cork football ,still away or is he back
    Imo a top corner back,and senior intercounty standard.

The dual lark certainly isnt a great sign for future senior talent imo,we will accodmate half committed lads in most cases than fully committed hurlers.

• Advertisement

Cronin is fit for sunday,Brillant news
    All we need is a half
    Barry going to start for tipp so cronin is ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Cronin is fit for sunday,Brillant news
    All we need is a half
    Barry going to start for tipp so cronin is ideal

+1. Tipp haven't nailed down the FB position yet. If Pa get's some high balls he could silence some of his critics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

It's great to see a bit of disharmony in the rebel camp a few days before the match. Losing twice to clare twice in '07 was bad,but losing to the old enemy in the first all ireland semi final between the two would be worse.

You realise they are talking about disharmony in the football camp, not the hurling one, don't you.

Barry is a fine player but its not that he is poor under high ball,hes quite good,just as most half backs tend to do,there instinct is to attack the ball first and foremost,and often that can cause mistiming on occasion ,and their beaten to the ball.

Its not just skill,full back is all bout temparment and focus,as a full back barry is unproven in that regard.We wont know til sunday.
    If maher had to go back in,he done well on cronin,we still get a benfit,as tipp loose in the half back line with him absent from there.

Colm barry for intermediates,supberb under a high ball at half back was not strong at full back for the u 21 team.Sean og halpin,great player,wouldnt made great full back,jj delaney however made the swtich effortless.Jj had the focus,concentration to do it.
    Some half backs can make the swtich ,some cant.

Cronin,caused riche mac,problems,won at least four balls,and also gavin o mahony also.
    Glynn of Galway caused Barry problems the last day.
    Aiseake caused maher huge problems in 2010.

If pa doesnt score but wins four or five balls,creates scores and space for the other forwards and in general makes himself a real nusicance for even just one half against tipp sunday,hell help cork hughely.He always performs well against tipp and I have every faith he wiil again do likewise this sunday.

Tipp ,word is,will be glesson,barrett,barry,cahill,bergin,two mahers,mcgrath,woodlock,dwyer,bonner,ryan,mcgrath,callinan lar.We will know this eveing when the team is announced if that is the team.If it.is,its a strong team but certainly.beatable,but their main scoring forwards are,corbett ,callinam,mcgrath,and o.dywer with bonner and gearoid ryan doing the hard work ,graft,toil,winning ball and cr
    eating space for the other four forwards imo.

Congrats Citykat on Kilkennys win sunday,imo withoubt any shadow of a doubt the better team,that played the better hurling that won out on the day,and had as much pride and passion as limerick,but more guile poise ,and tactial nous all Great teams essentially must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Barry is a fine player but its not that he is poor under high ball,hes quite good,just as most half backs tend to do,there instinct is to attack the ball first and foremost,and often that can cause mistiming on occasion ,and their beaten to the ball.

Its not just skill,full back is all bout temparment and focus,as a full back barry is unproven in that regard.We wont know til sunday.
    If maher had to go back in,he done well on cronin,we still get a benfit,as tipp loose in the half back line with him absent from there.

Colm barry for intermediates,supberb under a high ball at half back was not strong at full back for the u 21 team.Sean og halpin,great player,wouldnt made great full back,jj delaney however made the swtich effortless.Jj had the focus,concentration to do it.
    Some half backs can make the swtich ,some cant.

Cronin,caused riche mac,problems,won at least four balls,and also gavin o mahony also.
    Glynn of Galway caused Barry problems the last day.
    Aiseake caused maher huge problems in 2010.

If pa doesnt score but wins four or five balls,creates scores and space for the other forwards and in general makes himself a real nusicance for even just one half against tipp sunday,hell help cork hughely.He always performs well against tipp and I have every faith he wiil again do likewise this sunday.

Tipp ,word is,will be glesson,barrett,barry,cahill,bergin,two mahers,mcgrath,woodlock,dwyer,bonner,ryan,mcgrath,callinan lar.We will know this eveing when the team is announced if that is the team.If it.is,its a strong team but certainly.beatable,but their main scoring forwards are,corbett ,callinam,mcgrath,and o.dywer with bonner and gearoid ryan doing the hard work ,graft,toil,winning ball and cr
    eating space for the other four forwards imo.

Congrats Citykat on Kilkennys win sunday,imo withoubt any shadow of a doubt the better team,that played the better hurling that won out on the day,and had as much pride and passion as limerick,but more guile poise ,and tactial nous all Great teams essentially must have.

Cheers TTM1. I'm not going to wish you luck on Sunday as I fully expect ye to win and I look forward to the showdown in Sept. I saw ye in the flesh dispatch Lk in old PUC. IMO ye beat them comfortably which doesn't reflect well on us. Ye beat us last year and are an even better team this year. Tipp can slice and dice whatever way they like. They're not good enough. Their manager is a spoofer. Unashamedly took credit for Sheedy's AI. Enjoy the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tickets got, car will be full, confidence is reasonably high, hopefully come teatime Sunday we'll have a Cork v Kk final to look forward to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭solwhit2

Really worried for Sunday ,think we have been overrated because of the second half of the Munster final, limerick should have out of sight in the first 20 mins.Shane o Neil is not a full back and pa Cronin is nowhere near good enough for this level.The key will be the start if tipp get a run on us we are in big trouble.

I agree,We cant read much in the munster final,beating limerick was purely overcoming an obstacle in the way imo,get the game out of the way,then down to Real Business starting at 3.30 sunday.

I had zero fear of limerick  in the lead up to the Munster final.I fear.tipp way more.This isnt being wise after the game,i geuinely didnt as i said many times my huge fear i. have with cork was beating sweeper system,limerick dont play that now and are too one dimenshoal and predictable.I still believe last years win by them was flawed,in up to 60 minutes just two points in it with 14 men ,and a Cork team depelted with Injury,Joyce out of position at midfield,Mcdonnell at 3,and Cork had a bench of Naughton and cussen,Yet they scraped home, the 7 points to corks zero in the last ten minutes.Tj
    is not ruthless enough for a manager and im huge fan of Tom Ryan,unbelievable he didnt start.

To say limerick were good , i cant buy that.They were resilent,brave,dogged and had usual passion and fire and fury  just like Sunday,but they had zero tactical nous and were poor to be frank .No goals in.two big games this year.

The Munster title was huge to Cork.as after loosing in 2010,2013,3 league finals a drawn all ireland and lost a final ,it was Imperative we won a final.However its just a stepping stone and I wouldnt get carried .Cork hurling cant like some celebrate Munster titles or.Moral Defeats as great things.
    All Irelands Define Cork Hurling
    Christy Ring(RIP) would not have it any other way.

In year 1 and 2 id have settled for that with our panel but in Year 3 with stronger panel we have a realistic chance of an all ireland and must drive on.Munster title is not much good now if we dont at least make the final.There is more in Cork.I wouldnt make not one change to the starting team going forward,tactics in Games is all thats going to beat us now.The style of play should be secondary ,wimning is what Counts.

Cork were poor in 1st touch in.the senior game,looked like had read too much of the papers and believed this was a Great limerick team,huge pressure of playing at home with Emotion of the Pairc clearly got to our lads and they were understandably nervous .They allowed Limerick too much space and back in the game at half time.
    If it was in thurles im convinced we would have blown them out the gate.

In the 2nd half there was only going to be one winner.Limerick huffed and puffed like , full of Fire and Passion ,(i admire their energy and passion be fair to tj)but they couldnt adapt to the games flow and Jbm as i always said wins 15v 15 games.If cork were more ruthless could won this by ten points.Thats the worry with cork.If kilkenny had a dry day i feel would have won handy.

Corks had superb performances in o neill,mcdonnell,mcloughlin,joyce,kearney,walsh,lehane,Cooper,harnedy,and Ellis.
    Cadogan had a superb game and young player of the year contender and has all star in the bag.
    Harnedy what can i say that i have not said before,leader,warrior,brave,hungry,skill when the need is greatest he stands up.It was tear jerking stuff to at last see a cork forward with the balls and defiance to do what Kilkenny forwards do,break tackles dont go down easily and run direct at the goal and go for it,no soft scoring options in those positions.Watch limerick minors Sunday,Wallis has the forwardd,drilled,when you get the ball twenty yards out,do not run away from goal.Turn,go direct for goal.

Harnedy had a great replay v waterford getting three points and Was sick in the lead up to the ist day.
    The only game in hes Ten championship starts at Senior For Cork he failed to score was v clare but he had a superb game,winning ball and creating so much.

He was superb against limerick and despite missing 3 scores got 1-2 v limerick.
    He is a on course to win another All star if cork get to a final.
    He scored 1- 6 ,from play so far this year in four games.If we get to the final,that will be six games,hes well on course to equaling that scoring return of 1-13 in six games last year.He like all Great sportstars does not entertain ideas of Second season Syndrome.

Our forwards , both starting and off the bench have huge scoring if they get good ball, they scored.around 3-48 from 5-96(just the forwards) all from play in four games which is impressive, and there is more in them I believe.A lot say JamesBarry in the league game at full back was excellent against us,yet We got four goals,hardly a full back then of excellence in imo just yet.
    Our Defence sunday will be crucial.

Tippereary are a serious threat to Cork.They   beat  dublin  in thurles and with a bit to spare.Dublin hade no where near the speed for them in open spaces of thurles I said at start of the year  i didnt rate dublin,they have outgrown Daly,and have missed the boat.Bar Cronin for them whos outstanding they have not strengthed from last year.

Out of the teams left Cork are the only real danger to Kilkenny in Tippereary have the talent but Kilkenny have beaten them too many times .Kilkenny have their number.
    Cork have real pace that could threaten kilkenny.But tipp have the pace to match cork ,wont fear cork,and relish  us  have to be top of their game if we are to win.
    Dublin done us a huge favour in.negating our layoff as they never tested tipp.Tipp had harder a v b games in truth.

O Shea as a top manager is debabtle imo.I did rate him in 2010,and from what i heard and outside tipp hes a good coach.
    He went down a lot imo ,bringing in Kieran Mcgenney,he didnt need him.
    However i was impressed by hes bringing in of Gary ryan,and also.having no Ego to know he was in trouble and bring in Sheedy for bit.
    That was brave and honest to do it,some managers refuse to do simlar as they want to be the main man,never learn from mistakes.
    I thought he done well last year in knowlan park last year,i dont do.moral victories but in a dry day,in Knowlan park,they gave as good as they got and were simply beaten by a better team
    I agree,o shea is under the spotlight and if they loose its hard to see tipp doing a limerick,rushing through the reappoint of him,and worse again,give him a three year term,despite the harsh reality,Tj had two defeats that  exposed him tactially,one over hyped ,win.l against a wexford team out on their feet.
    I said it here the saturday before wexford,and I was never optimstic at all with limerick this year,they would beat wexford,and handy as Wexford were drained.

I agree with your thoughts on  managers being just more or less overhyped purely as managers,nothing worse that it ,than a poor manager being overhyped by so.e,despite glaring flaws,Cork have some and had some Real beauties down the years in that department imo.

If we ,and thats a IF we come through not only will the Result be important but Crucially the Perfromance of Cahalane at full back will define imo ,how good of a realistic chance we have to win against Kilkenny.

We can simply ill afford to go in to a game against them of all teams without a solid full back,they would eat o neill,and mcdonnell up at full back.
    In  around 71 championship games under  Brisn cody since 1999,kilkenny have been kept goaless, around just 11 times ,but its of huge significance and hugely relevant to bear in mind the Only three times,cork Ever beat them in Codys reign,was when we denied them a single goal  ,More a weight bearing statistic also to bear in mind when in all three games 99,04,and last year we got no goal ourselves but won all three games by outpointing them.
    You must have a full back against them.Its like trying to beat New zealand with out an outhalf who cant game manage a match.You have a not a hope of winning.
    The basics of hurling and rubgy will never change .

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭solwhit2

I'd agree with that we are a lot stronger this year ,if it's tight entering the last quarter id be confident as tipp can fall away as against limerick .Cahillane has to mark callanan imo even though i'm not a huge fan of callanan he could cause major problems if he is not marked tight enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Orizio wrote: »
    You realise they are talking about disharmony in the football camp, not the hurling one, don't you.

Any kind of disharmony will do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement