Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RebelRay

Declan dalton to get all bar four points of hes team scores ,some achicement along the lines of michael cahalane,ronsan lynch scoring sprees.
    Hes nailed on to start for cork next year,as keeper,but on that form must come in to serious considerstion for out the field.cian collins is underage,top keeper,kenneally,o connell,so cork have no shortage of top quailty forwards.

I should have put teams up after yesterdays game i thought i had
    Aplogoies orizo.[/QUOTE]

what schools are the above players involved with? i know dalton is youghal. Hard to believe ronan lynch is harty again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

RebelRay wrote: »
    Declan dalton to get all bar four points of hes team scores ,some achicement along the lines of michael cahalane,ronsan lynch scoring sprees.
    Hes nailed on to start for cork next year,as keeper,but on that form must come in to serious considerstion for out the field.cian collins is underage,top keeper,kenneally,o connell,so cork have no shortage of top quailty forwards.

I should have put teams up after yesterdays game i thought i had
    Aplogoies orizo.[/ daQUOTE]

what schools are the above players involved with? i know dalton is youghal. Hard to believe ronan lynch is harty again this year

Youghal dalton
    Collins charville
    O connell ag mhuire
    Lynch ard scoil ris

Gael cholaiaste mhuire Ag 1-14 to Dls 1-10
    Team
    D o connail na piarsaigh
    E o chonaing,c o suilleabhain,r o meadhra all na piarsaigh
    A o donobhain glen
    Ro muireasa,glen
    E o laoighre glen
    L o cochlainn glen 01
    C o hainifein na piarsaigh 0-1
    P de faoite glen
    D o breachtain glen 0-4 3f
    D o chonaing na piarsaigh 0-1
    D o laoi na piarsaigh 0-5
    E o siochain na piarsaigh 1-2 1f

Pobail scoil youghal 2-15 templemore 2-13
    Team
    H o oliphant youghal
    J o rourke youghal
    B mccarthy killeagh
    L mcgrath youghal
    C deane killagh st itas
    K murphy killeagh itas
    M farell youghal
    Jp lucey cois bride
    E o hallorhan clashmore
    D dalton fr o neills 1-14 9f, 1p ,165
    D walsh youghal
    C hennesey youghal 1-0
    D o connell youghal
    C morrison youghal 0-1
    R cody youghal

Subs j merksushev youghal for cody

Hamilton bandon 4-10 Nenagh 2-13
    Hamilton team

C dart o flynn valley rovers
    J o mahony bandon
    A o callaghan valley rovers
    W hurley valley roverd
    J kelleher newestowm
    C o leary valley rovers 0-1 65
    E o brien ballinscarthy
    l meade newestown 0-1
    J mulchay bandon 1-0
    D curran newestown
    E o reilly valley rovers 1-6 0-3f
    C maguire courcey rovers 1-1
    B crowley valley rovers
    S o donovan newestown
    C dinnen newestown 1-1

St colmans fermoy 0-18
    Doon 0-14

St colmans colledge fermoy team

C leahy st catherines 0-1f
    A ricken watergrashill
    D varner castlelyons
    D o reagan kilworth
    S fenton castlelyons
    S walsh bride rovers
    N o leary castelyons 0-1
    S aherne fermoy 0-2
    P hannon glanworth 0-1f 0-165
    Dean leinhan bride rovers 0-1 f
    J o leary castlelyons 0-1f
    J saich kilworth
    J kenneally kilworth 0-3
    S condon glanworth 0-6 5F
    Diarmuid lenihan ballyhooly 0-1
    Subs b davis for j saich

These teams were from the Echo tonight,Pat ryan,john horgan,diarmuid sheehan and therese o callaghan all doing wonderful jobs credit due for doing great reports on all five games,charville as well was covered by them,and indeed the Eveining Echo for two full pages of harty cup coverage,well worth buying tonight,and credit due to the paper and journalists for such splendid coverage in raising the profile of this truly great competiton.Credit where its due.

Looking at all four teams here plus rochestown v charville,lot of top talented hurlers,and lads that played u 16 for cork this year,playing across some schools,like niall o leary,sub darragh guiney for newtown,jermey saich etc with dan gunning,then you have minors of last year in luke meades,kingston,dayne lee etc,u 17 cork lads in chris o leary,dalton ,john cashman likely to be minors next year etc.,there is huge potential in the schools hurling and good signs for cork minors their doing well.
    What is great is all st colmans players are playing with cork based clubs,youghal are the same all bar one ,so its good for cork hurling.

Charville has five limerick lads,there all very good hurlers,is the only school with a big non cork contingent but still a significant core of cork players all the same
    Likes of lee,o connell,dalton,meade, chris o leary,kingston,,eddie gunning ,tim o mahony,shane,walsh etc have played intermediate or senior this year for their clubs in the championship and playing at a high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Great article on the score about Jamie wall today and his current plight

Would be great to see him make a full recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

slingerz wrote: »
    Great article on the score about Jamie wall today and his current plight

Would be great to see him make a full recovery

Totally echo that - just in case people haven't seen it or heard the story...

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/jamie-wall-cork-1701355-Oct2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

It puts things in perspective lads. There's more to life than feckin sport and gaa. All the best to jamie, I'll be doing that run in the dark fundraiser hopefully raise a few quid for the mark pollack charity

What a very tough read in one sense how a man in the peak physical condition ,suffers such a fate,but then truly and inspiraton to us all in hes recovery.
    I wish him nothing but the best in hes recovery.A great player,a great man.
    He did not play in the final but i heard he was a huge inspirstion to cork to win the all ireland this year as was kennfick who had a serious injury and the suspended cormac murphy.
    Jamie was a terrfic ,u 21 footballer hurler,one night played hurling on wednesday in u 21,then the friday v tipp in the intermediate hurling final.
    Fair play slingerz for posting regards it here.
    Inspirstional read.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/cork-sweat-on-barry-murphy-decision-289720.html

Interesting times,if jbm goes ,the job is already kenneallys imo.

The match brawls,are becomoing a disgrce,what they did expect in.fairness,after the Glen,town game they gave mediocre bans,and it did not make a statment of intent.
    I said it then was a poor call.
    Dont be suprised if newtown get a huge sanction though.
    If guilty they deserve it,but surely all clubs get the same punishment.

They always play finals there in the city,its a county final ,and they debated having league games outside the city but then declined the idea last year.I see your point though.
    But you see the board will loose money if its in mallow as clubs get gate recipts ,the staduim 67m or 70 and centre of mediocity as cusack said must be paid for.
    Mallow biggest games will be the Munster junior football and hurling finals in december and the mcgrath cup games.

I believe minor games,like if cork got limerick next year would be ideal for mallow,huge north cork,duhallow,fermoy,and kilmallock,bruff,effim,bruree ,etc would travel to mallow as its closer than cork.U21 games and intermediate the same.

Cork played tipp,in intermediate munster final this year poor,dreadful turn out.
    Considering Dromina man hayes was manager,sullivan fermoy,murphy mallow,healy buttevant mick walsh peter o brien kildorrey,adrian mannix kilworth,mallow would have been close enough for those aeras,and would have drawn fans as mallow is much closer than the city for all bar fermoy where the city and mallow is the same distance aprox.
    Also 8 euros for the u 21 game låt is a bit much imo for a county quater final in the current climate.
    All that worries the board is money for the Pairc.
    Would have been much better of finining glen at least 15k second offence and bishoptown 10k for their mass brawl.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/donal-og-cusack-if-all-my-dreams-came-true-in-2015-289772.html
    Great piece escipeally the part about the Cork county board living in fantasy land.Priceless.

Cusack ruled himself out of the job,endorsed cunningham for it.
    Ironic,if jbm goes cunningham wouldnt be in the running for it,despite a hugely successful record,yet someone with truly awful,record would be.
    As english said once cork jobs are hierschsally based not on merit.
    What a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kingston surely next in line if JBM walks.

No chance Keannelly will get it, the CCB knows what him getting the job means.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »

Are you kidding me
    Lets be realistic,by your line of thought you would expect cuthbhert,walsh,gerald mac a new term ,ger fitz four years,kenneally minor then u 21 would not got the jobs

When has the ccb ever done logical
    Can you please explain or truly enlighten me if so why all above got jobs
    Bob ryan praised kenneally from pedstal last year
    Can you not see keneally ticked every box,captain,internediate,minor,u 21 manager
    County finalist 103 fm anaylst
    Kingston hasnt a hope of getting it in fairness

Orizio wrote: »

It has f##k all do with whos in line if so cunningham would walk it and also would done 2006
    Jbm brought kingston in,not the board lets be crystal clear
    Its who the board wants,simple as that always has been always will be

The squad will walk if Keannelly gets it. Simple as. The last thing the CCB wants know is another crisis, the last one almost ruined them. I have more of a chance of getting the job.

Kingston is well respected by the players, has been involved for the past few years and is training them. He is the obvious successor.

I agree with your anti keneally,were on the same side
    Players wont walk,some may have views against it,but days strikes long gone,no leaders like rock,deane,cusack to lead.The board know that two well.

Name a lad that would lead a revolt.Horgan,joyce arent those types.
    The last strike almost ruined the board,but crucilly didnt,what doesnt kill you makes you stronger is the saying,Clubs lacked the balls,conviction see change through,never have that chance again as no appetite for strikes,it will be no matter as bad as it gets it is what it is

When has players support manager made difference??
    U 21 lads wanted clearly?
    Explain that to me
    Clubs didnt back the shamrock delegate four weeks ago
    What have the clubs done i ask you again??to oppose ger fitz,kenneally etc,cuthbhert
    With respect your living in fantasy land,clubs have no power,real appetite to change,they always back down,this group of players dont have all irelands at any level to get support of a strike.
    You need to get realistic,cork county board school of management differs from myself and yours.
    This is the real world.

Whatever about Kingston getting it, giving the job to Keaneally would be a huge risk for the CCB. As bad as they are, it would be a decision that they would make in spite of both player and supporter opinion. Absolutely no one is in favour of him getting the senior job. His track record makes it very hard to justify giving him the job. Underage is one thing, senior is something different entirely - its a prestigious that a lot of talented people want (unlike underage jobs), and one that means a lot of money to the CCB. The clubs may be passive, but the supporters and players aren't.

Giving the job to Keanneally would be a huge risk for the CCB itself - no chance of it happening imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

I know the county board can do some crazy things but not even they could consider something as mad as giving it to Kennelly.

But the county board do as they please.
    Supporters,yes some will give out,others ,will say it is what it is,whats,done is done,just go with it now.
    Even on this thread as seen by the football,and u 21 hurling,most go along with the mediocrity and rarely critiicse
    Myself,you,a very few others criticise, but the majiorty dont.

The football proved it.Cuthbhert was not the players choice or fans,was the boards.
    He had a poor record but he talked the talked,part development squads,senior,minor.
    Kennally is groomed for it.

Players wont walk in hurling.If any strike began,walsh,cadogan,shields,cahalane be strong enough to do it but despite the problems,no football strike will happen as the appetite is not there for one.
    Cork doesnt need another strike imo.
    Clubs should but wont oppose keneally if he goes for it.
    If the county board worried bout revenue ,would sorted underage,so we would be more successful.

County board would easily cherry pick results,they would say he won schools all ireland brogans 94 ,two countys valley,and knows intercounty inside out.

We would then hear minors ,unlucky loose all ireland championship point last year,had man sent off,clare greatest team at u 21 ever,harty schools system is failing pat then he failing cork,the numerozs training sessions,science,prepartion undertaken blah blah etc.
    No cork manager been successful underage the last few years,so they wont hold him responsible.
    They will get a few ex players to endorse it,all be fine.
    And the real way to win the gullible fans will be seeing kilkenny outmuscle ,outfight tipp,he will do what he preached in 2012,cork needs aggressive hurling ,and the rockies,glen,city clubs will love hes vision for old school cork hurling.
    He will appoint a household name,great player with no real record like alan browne etc,popular figure as a selector to buy in to hes the man.
    We will be told stories of how since he was young he dreamt of this job,he sees himself as the chosen one.

Money from lack of success should be a turning point but wont,just look at soccer,fans want pardew out,but their stubborn chairman wont do logic,so newcastle will stay in downward spiral.

Some media will hype up keneally just like in rubgy pat lam was hyped up after one poxy win v leinster,and as nice man as he is,and great player,few words irish after post match interviews endear him to the irish media, make him immune critiscim he is a poor coach as seen by the last two weeks and well before it.

Take liverpool ,like cork hurling laat years fluke great season,will live off gerrards slip ,as bad luck we could won the title, just like cork living off we were thirty seconds from glory,truth is both teams would have been haunted to win it,and it was a magical genuis suarez nearly did it for liverpool.
    Not this hype,rodgers is a tactial genuis made out to be.
    Hes good manager to a point but wont win big trophies but yes he will sell newspapers as irish love a link to the premsherip now more so than ever,with not many irish players if any with the big clubs.

If liverpook were worried but lack success and its link to revenue,the last twenty years wouldnt accepted mediocrity.
    Love or hate man united,you got to admire their ruthless pursuit glory,moyles not up to it sacked.Bought great players this year.
    Man united will win five premier leagues before liverpool ever win one.Man united,kilkenny,kerry have a culture of winning,like the all blacks,Cork gaa said many times bar ladies footballers need a cultural change.

Simple facts is yes may cause a bit of unrest,but nothing more if the board want kenneally they will appoint him,that simple,and where as kilkenny becoming the man united of england,cork a great team once like liverpool top of the roll of honour become a minnow of a club,accepting mediocrity,and bar the odd exception of a good year,constanrly will fail as cork like cusack said fail to plan for the bigger picture.
    You should recap the cork county boards record in managers the last 20 years,then it will open your views to the realstic possibilty if jbm goes,pat kenneally cork senior hurling manager,at the very least part of the set up.
    I really hope your right orizo,but imo youre wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The Glen through to hurling final after beating Douglas. 2-11 to 1-11

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Strong rumours around (not sure how true now..) that JBM will step down. Hope it's not true for 2 reasons.

1) He's a living legend and always gets best out of a Cork side;
    2) The bollocks County Board will replace him with - even though the likes of Donal O'Grady, Ger Cunnigham and Donal Og Cusack are about...

• Advertisement

Glen won in atrouicous weather conditions,great to dog it out in wet slow ptich,showed real charcther,steel to come from behind,and show their not just tippy tappy hurlers,they are a fine team,so too douglas.

Im delighted the glen won,last thing cork needs is douglas winning and cadogan and collins.being lauded for hurling next year,collins quite average today imo.

Glen kennfick outstanding,made goal,heavy conditions that may not suit him,great resolve to stick it out,grind out a performance,bar injury would have been minor last year,will shake u 21 next year.He was subbed but id say he still is hampered by injury.Great game.
    Hes relation shane had a fine game when like last week he came.on and imo should start the final next week.

David dooling,awesome brian moylan majestic,,cunningham,callan had great games.Dean brodnas ex cork u 21 played good and conor dorris also.
    Mcdonnell.and cadogan both got yellow cards and cadogan got a goal but maccie done as good as anyone could on the majestic alan cadogan,certain imo to be reardens club team of the year.
    Horgan won a lot of ball but needs to up it again,they need a big performance of him next week.Today he did not score from play.

Douglas,had harrington,cadogan,ward,moylan but he missed a late easy point,harrington all playing well.
    eoin cadogan, did play well credit due but before id get carried away,damien cahalane has played well on horgan twice in the past and I believe held him scoreless or to a point in the past.Collins did not show anything near intercounty hurling today.
    No way should he be on the hurling panel next year

Glen could and will beat sarsfields imo and avenge county final defeat four years ago to them imo next week.
    Management have done a fine job with the glen.
    Im sad to say I heard that rumour also jbm ,will step down from cork,from what was said at the match today.It could be just talk,but im beginning to get nervous myself.Im suprised if true ,i thought he would stay but imo he owes cork hurling nothing and if true I wish jbm nothing but the best in the future.

Blacrock as I said they would beat sarsfields in the Cork county u 21 hurling semi final today also.They destroyed them and with at least two weeks before the final opponents is known,they have a break,the others dont.
    There very close to unbeatable ,but duhallow or newtown would give then a game,ballinshaig bar patrick collins magic would simply be destroyed by them.
    Joe louge a late replacement with a hat trick of goals,and cathal cormack who played harty cup wednesday and kevin o.keoffe also,while murphy,niall cashman also played very well.

Horgan will face an full back in leahy next week and I expect him to run riot.
    Conor o sullivan may mark him,but that leaves dorris,brosnan free.

Sars midfield will be matched by pace and hurling with the glens midfield.
    One bit of shrewd advice to the glen,dont put mcdonnell on Cian,cian mac is too physical,put callian tough enough to mark him.
    Glen have been training four nights a week,have hunger of wolves,could be the last game for a while for one of their great players,lovely mix of expierence,gritt,resolve in mcdonnell callilan,cunningham,horgan and youthful exurbence no fear no baggage in david dooling,kennfick,brosnan etc,and huge pace so will if its dry go toe to toe with sars.
    They can win in the wet as today proved,and three games have came back from being down,injured players unlike the flaky teams in the past showed remarkable composure,resilence and belief to face adversity,look ot right in the eye,but come out the other side smiling.The Glen imo will win and I really hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Blackrock as I said they would beat sarsfields in the Cork county u 21 hurling semi final today also.They destroyed them and with at least two weeks before the final opponents is known,they have a break,the others dont.
    There very close to unbeatable ,but duhallow or newtown would give then a game,ballinshaig bar patrick collins magic would simply be destroyed by them.
    Joe louge a late replacement with a hat trick of goals,and cathal cormack who played harty cup wednesday and kevin o.keoffe also,while murphy,niall cashman also played very well.

Are Carraigline not still in it? They'd surely be stronger than everyone bar Blackrock with O'Shea, McIntyre, McSweeney etc..

And just a side note, it was Cathal Cormack with the goal but It was Ciaran Cormack, his brother who played Harty for Rochestown on Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Fermoy 3-8 Rathmore 1-10

Kilmihil 3-15 Beara 5-6

Donoughmore 1-16 Scartaglen 0-9

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Juliet Murphy played for Donoughmore today v Scartaglen

Nemo beaten by Ballincollig, new name on the roll of honour this year now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2-17 v 1-07. Some hammering for Town, well done Carbery

impressive from Carbery but B'town had Jamie Sullivan sent off before half tine

• Advertisement

I had totally fotgotten bout carriaglaine they beat ballinshaig,handy,didnt know they had played.
    Ballinshsaig are poor proved by.the huge defeat.
    Yeah carraigaline are strong,griffin who was outstanding in harty cup wednesday for rochestown,and won a minor football the monday,plays with them,if its the lad im thinking off.
    They are a good team on paper.I wouldnt say there much better imo than duhallow with hannon,walsh,brosnsn once its not full back or newtown with jc coughlan,twomey,o mahony,cork minor diarmuid buckley,etc
    They are imo evenly matched.
    Daniel Meaney injury meant to be out for a while???

The rockies have a superb u 21 team and should be winning a senior county in 2 years,if not a serious review of management must take place.
    The talent is there,as winning u 16,and minors county proved.
    At least six of the team if not more,are u 21 next year but after this year,its only senior success imo that will truly define this group in future years.

Ballincollig had a superb win beating nemo in the Senior Football Championship today,they credit due are a well coached side,todays two results brings a fresh energy to the championship as they are now in a County final v carbery rangers.
    Kiely,miskella,jennings,o donoughe all had very good games,awesome display by the man cuthbhert didnt rate,paddy kelly.

Cian kiely this years cork minor is a terrfic prospect,Sean Kiely lorded midfield,Cian Dorgan had a fine game,nice goal he scored imo.
    Noel galvin was splendid at corner.back,holding Masters,with a masterful display of corner back play.
    Alan cronin,was good for Nemo.
    For a senior Intercounty player,the last six years,Paul kerrigan imo did not do enough,and i expect so much more in these games of players with hes expierence and talent.

Carbery rangers had a superb win, in which john hayes,o rourke,had great games for carbery rangers.
    Hodnett,shanahan and fitzpatrick also played very well.
    O rourke must start for cork next year imo as he was supberb,is a young player with a promising future for cork,john hayes as good as he is,this is hes comfort zone,fine in the club scence,put him up the North in a league game or in championship in kerry as the last seven years proved he is not intercounty class.
    Dorman was good,lester and sam oakes superb for bishopstown.
    I said after the clyda game ,the town would not win a county and were certainly beatable ,today proved it now.The town,the golden boys of Cork football in some eyes,got a large dose of reality today,delighted for Carbey rangers.Jamie sullivan sending off did not help them but even with 14 men they would of imo been beaten today well.They were absoultey dire,in the second half.

The town may have huge power of influence off the ptich in Cork GAA,means nothing when you play on the field of play,and a smaller club really put the cat among the pigeons by hammering,absoultey destroying them today.
    Im delighted carbey won.
    I couldnt call the final,very close to call,i dont mind either teams, I.would like either to win a County,probably slightly go for ballincollig,be some dose of reality for cuthbhert ,paddy kelly,the man he did not rate,to inspire hes club to a senior Cork club county title.

A splendid,heart warming,articulate,intelligent,hair standing on the back of your head stuff,article by the brillant Mike foley in the Sunday times today,paying tribute to the Greatness of the Cork ladies football team,the Greatness of Eammon Ryan,The greatness of Briege Corkery highlighting Corks Great run from 2005-2007 winning 34 consecutive games,and in ten years just loosing two championship games,a pheomeal record.
    A brillant read,Actually brillant does not do it justice,it was a  TRULY WONDERFUL ARTICLE  truly well worth reading by any GAA fan or even any sportfans imo.
    Zetecourts thank you for the results,much appreciated.
    Great wins for Fermoy and Donoghmore inspired by that Legend Juliet Murphy ,who was mentioned by Foley in he's article today in the ladies club football championship.

Cork camoige team got 14 All Stars Nominations,bar left half back,i feel sorry for that girl,the only cork player not to get a nomination
    Surely 14 Cork players did not all merit consideration and to single out just one player of the team that did not get nominated for an All Star.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement