Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lala88 banned for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12 corkrback

two big games against clare coming up.
    we should be winning the minor one by 5 or 6 points. the team is in good form. they should be well able for clare .
    few injuries but only one serious one in o`callaghan a big strong athletic side with a deadly full forward line in ward o`callaghan and spillane

in the senior it will be tighter i expect unless we get on top and clare collapse as they did against tipp.

we should have been out of sight at half time the last night
    there is goals there for us, if we take them we won`t be beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

corkrback wrote: »
    two big games against clare coming up.
    we should be winning the minor one by 5 or 6 points. the team is in good form. they should be well able for clare .
    few injuries but only one serious one in o`callaghan a big strong athletic side with a deadly full forward line in ward o`callaghan and spillane

in the senior it will be tighter i expect unless we get on top and clare collapse as they did against tipp.

we should have been out of sight at half time the last night
    there is goals there for us, if we take them we won`t be beaten
    i hope we do beat Clare we have only beat tipp once the last few years.
    I wouldnt be too convinced with Kenneally as manager.Im not sure he has what it takes.I hope im wrong as we need a minor win.
    It fine to have the forwards but we must be able to get the ball to them.
    Against Clare last year and limerick we were clueless.
    According to the Clare thread they have the bulk of last year.We badly need to win at minor and U21 this year.
    The u21 this year has the makings of a fine team but id write it off as the management is awful.
    If the right team is picked for Clare in the Senior game we can win it.

Michael quinvlan is a doubt for Tippereary for Wed night.He injured he's knee for the Senior team.
    If he is out then that is a big blow to Tippereary.

Cork V Clare Sunday is fixed for the Gaelic Grounds Sunday at 3.
    It is a big advantage to Clare as Cork have a woeful record in Limerick.
    There will be big Clare support as its so near them.
    The Football semifinals are on at 2 and 4 the same day so tg4 will be probably show them.

• Advertisement

The Cork U21 team for Wednesday night against Tippereary in Thurles is
    1.David Hanarahan Douglas
    2.Tom Clancy Clonakility
    3.Conor Dorman Bishopstown
    4.Alan Cronin Nemo Rangers
    5.TJ Brosnan Newmarket
    6.Damien Cahalane Castleheaven Captain
    7.Jamie Wall Kilbrittain
    8.John O Rourke Carbery Rangers
    9.Ian Maguire St Finbarrs
    10.Alan Cadogan Douglas
    11.Mark Sugrue Bandon
    12.Sean Kiely Ballincollig
    13.Luke Connolly Nemo Rangers
    14 Brian Hurley Castleheaven
    15.Dan MacEoin Illen Rovers
    Subs
    16.Pat Kirby T.Mactaraigh
    17.Connor Sullivan Clyda Rovers
    18.Kevin Crowley Milstreet
    19.Kevin Fulnagatti Nemo Rangers
    20.Brian O Driscoll T.Macartaigh
    21.Kevin Halissey Eire Og
    22.Cathal Vaughan Iveleary
    23.Tom Hegarty O Donovan Rossa

Its good to see the change in the Fullback line.
    Id say by thrown in there will be more changes.I can't see Tom Clancy in the corner.
    Id say Dorman be in the Corner and Clancy back in hes best position with Cahalane at Full back.
    If Quinvlan is fit ,id say Cahalane will mark him.
    The Tippereary goal keeper was dropped of the panel over a clash with soccer.
    That can't help morale in the camp for Tipp.
    The semifinal if Cork win is at 3.45 in Tullamore on the 20th a saturday which tg4 will show live as part of a double header with Galway and Kildare.
    It will be against either Cavan going for a third Ulster in a row or Donegal who play exactly like the Senior team and have Paddy Macbreaty in the team along .Who ever wins it this year will have earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Cork V Clare Sunday is fixed for the Gaelic Grounds Sunday at 3.
    It is a big advantage to Clare as Cork have a woeful record in Limerick.
    There will be big Clare support as its so near them.
    The Football semifinals are on at 2 and 4 the same day so tg4 will be probably show them.

I agree, it's going to be hard for Cork to win in Limerick whatever it is about that venue (btw no offence my Limerick friends) just saying we find it hard to win there. I am hoping Cork will give it their best shot against a good and impressive Clare side. If we can produce a good performance we certainly have a chance of winning. It will be a close match I reckon, too close for comfort for both sides.

It's funny how a season can change, last year we were playing in the National League final and this year we are playing in a Relegation playoff. I know the League structure has changed few times over the years but when was the last time Cork hurlers were relegated to Division 2?, as division 1b is a new structure and Cork haven't been there yet. Dublin win Division 1 in 2011 and relegated in 2012 to 1b. It a funny old league.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Interesting article about low turnouts for Cork games in the Examiner

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-will-consider-options-amid-poor-football-attendances-227825.html

However, I'm not so sure how thrilled opponents, say from Ulster would be about making the long road down to Clon or Skibereen.

They are suggesting moving home games around the county, which I'm sure would boost attendances due the novelty of having game played in parish.

Mallow would be a good venue where the opponents are possibly from the West coast. Anywhere around the M8 for opponents from that side of the country.

Personally speaking, I think the turnouts are disappointing, but we always find ourselves comparing it to the hurling support. There is a huge dedicated football heartlands, in particular West Cork. Its just a fact of life that there is a larger number of hurling heartlands. If we want to compare like with like, compare our home and away attendances to that of Kerry.

Colm R wrote: »
    Interesting article about low turnouts for Cork games in the Examiner

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-will-consider-options-amid-poor-football-attendances-227825.html

However, I'm not so sure how thrilled opponents, say from Ulster would be about making the long road down to Clon or Skibereen.

They are suggesting moving home games around the county, which I'm sure would boost attendances due the novelty of having game played in parish.

Mallow would be a good venue where the opponents are possibly from the West coast. Anywhere around the M8 for opponents from that side of the country.

Personally speaking, I think the turnouts are disappointing, but we always find ourselves comparing it to the hurling support. There is a huge dedicated football heartlands, in particular West Cork. Its just a fact of life that there is a larger number of hurling heartlands. If we want to compare like with like, compare our home and away attendances to that of Kerry.
    I think unfortunately now its just a sign of the times were in added to the fact that support can be fickle enough for league games if theres other high profile games in other sports on the same day.
    Munster were playing Sunday so that was bound to have an effect as a lot of Cork fans are Munster fans too.
    Add in the fact that people will only go to high profile league games as its extremely expensive for Cork fans to go to every game when you have football and hurling in both codes at all levels.
    You have no choice now but to pick and choose.
    Bar the double header in Pairc Rinn I still feel that league games should be cheaper.
    Take this week ,Cork had the Senior Footballers out,tommorrow night there's an away trip to Thurles and then the night after a home game in minor hurling.
    Then the weekend their is another away trip to Limerick.
    All these games bar last Sundays game to an extent are hughely important games in the future of Cork GAA.
    Everybody would love to go to all but due to finanical,work and lifestyle reasons its not possible especially when you have so many games in Cork.
    That cost then is even aside from the games you will try and attend for your local Club.And to try and find the time to do it as well.
    I'll go tommorrow probably and Sunday but theres no way I could do the minor game as well even though its a home game.
    Likewise you will have people that will attend the minor game to support their local club member but won't be able to do the Senior game.
    Take the Cork footballers this year,Limerick away,Clare in Ennis then Kerry in Killarney.
    Thats just football but 3 away games in a month.Throw in the Hurling as well and if Cork are in the Qualifers then it is very understandable people will pick and choose games,so the chances of big Cork crowds in Ennis and Limerick are slim.
    Killarney is the one people will aim for.
    I agree that Mallow should be looked at for minor and underage Cork games especially.
    It is the crossroads of Munster,can hold up to 8 thousand and hosted the Munster Club Final between Nemo and Dr Crokes a few years ago at the very last minute due to terrible weather and done a fine Job.
    Especially with such a spread of players from outside the City in the current underage squads games should be taken outside the two city venues.
    Clonakility would have been ideal for the Cork Kerry U21 game given the West Cork contingent on the team and would ease the cost on those fans who always have to go to the city for games.
    Mallow would be ideal for underage Hurling as North Cork is a huge hurling stronghold.
    Mallow has a superb complex and Munster Rubgy have used them in the past to train there.
    Since it opened in 2008 bar having club games I don't think Mallow has ever hosted an intercounty game .
    It is underused.
    Gone are the days when the City used to dominate Cork panels with players, so other venues should be used.

• Advertisement

Amprodude wrote: »
    I agree, it's going to be hard for Cork to win in Limerick whatever it is about that venue (btw no offence my Limerick friends) just saying we find it hard to win there. I am hoping Cork will give it their best shot against a good and impressive Clare side. If we can produce a good performance we certainly have a chance of winning. It will be a close match I reckon, too close for comfort for both sides.

It's funny how a season can change, last year we were playing in the National League final and this year we are playing in a Relegation playoff. I know the League structure has changed few times over the years but when was the last time Cork hurlers were relegated to Division 2?, as division 1b is a new structure and Cork haven't been there yet. Dublin win Division 1 in 2011 and relegated in 2012 to 1b. It a funny old league.
    The Key last year was the two away fixtuures we had were no way near the 3 away fixtures we had this year.
    Galway and KK and Waterford away were big asks this year and dont get much tougher.
    Tippereary last year away in the league was one away game.Thats nothing new for Cork.
    Dublin was the only tough away game and we were lucky to win that,Dublin missed an easy free in the last minute.
    This year we had no such luck,waterford and galway catching us late in games.
    We are stronger in the half back line this year but weaker or at best the same as last year in other aeras
    Sweetman and Niall mac and Cahalane were huge huge losses to this team this year.
    Its a game of margins.Cork can win on Sunday but it will take a combined effort from management to pick the right team and players to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Its not just confined to league games.i remember a couple of years ago we played limerick at the gaelic grounds in an AI game and there was nobody at it.i dunno perhaps a couple of thousand maybe.we played in Portaoise i think against down.the cork fans could be counted on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Its not just confined to league games.i remember a couple of years ago we played limerick at the gaelic grounds in an AI game and there was nobody at it.i dunno perhaps a couple of thousand maybe.we played in Portaoise i think against down.the cork fans could be counted on hand.

last years munster final another good example. we played clare in limerick in front of a tiny crowd and no atmosphere.

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Its not just confined to league games.i remember a couple of years ago we played limerick at the gaelic grounds in an AI game and there was nobody at it.i dunno perhaps a couple of thousand maybe.we played in Portaoise i think against down.the cork fans could be counted on hand.Quote
    It could be the same in hurling next year
    Imagine what it will be like next year if Cork are IB division hurling.Can u see many Cork fans bar from Newtown,Kanturk,etc travelling to the Pairc to see Cork play Carlow,Westmeath etc.?? with the cost of travelling in diffcult times compounded by the fact of meaningless games against these counties.
    I mean no disrespect to these counties but you got call a spade a spade and say Cork should be not down at that level and if we are even by our own standards still be way ahead of these teams.
    I went to see Cork play laois and hammer them in a ten goal rout in the championship in 2010.
    It was the biggest waste of money ever.
    We learned nothing and even as a Cork fan I got no great enjoyment seeing laois being hammered by ten goals.I geuinely felt sorry for them and was hoping the whistle would just blow.A lot of Cork supporters felt the same.Where is the value in these games for either set of fans.
    Not many would even go from the city to those games.
    The County Board will be hit in the pocket then.Then, maybe then the Penny will drop and they will see how much Cork Hurling is in demise,blinkered and fuelled by constant failure at underage.
    Hopefully Sunday Cork will avoid that fate but it should be seen as just a matter of time if radical changes are not made at underage .

SeaFields wrote: »
    last years munster final another good example. we played clare in limerick in front of a tiny crowd and no atmosphere.
    Yeah it was poor,a lot of fans choose to go to hurling the night before in the Pairc where a closer game was expected.A big ask to do two games in two days now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I think Fermoy hosted one intercounty game two or three years ago when you would imagine that Mallow would have hosted it before them - remember thinking that it was strange. Clon is a beautiful venue, and should be used for McGrath cup games, would get decent support then

Sad situation that both the footballers and hurlers following has dipped considerably - I'd put my hand up and say I rarely go to games, because I'm tied up with the ladies football, who I try and go to most games, but I can understand why people won't go given the costs and time involved, as well as the fact that PuiC is a death trap

Yeah it was poor,a lot of fans choose to go to hurling the night before in the Pairc where a closer game was expected.A big ask to do two games in two days now.

that it is. i did however make da telly in that football game. big shot of me yawning so i was told. it was the session the night before in limerick....not the quality of football!

I think Fermoy hosted one intercounty game two or three years ago when you would imagine that Mallow would have hosted it before them - remember thinking that it was strange. Clon is a beautiful venue, and should be used for McGrath cup games, would get decent support then

Sad situation that both the footballers and hurlers following has dipped considerably - I'd put my hand up and say I rarely go to games, because I'm tied up with the ladies football, who I try and go to most games, but I can understand why people won't go given the costs and time involved, as well as the fact that PuiC is a death trap
    Clon would be ideal as Inchadoheny Beach is close by,so it would be ideal for Mcgrath Cup games in the sense as those players that dont play in the match could do a training session on the beach afterwards.
    Cork would have done a lot of their training before in those sand dunes.It would make sense as in January a lot of the hard training is done and you would have a larger panel so it would be a good way to kill two birds with the one stone.
    The Cork Footballers have trained in Mallow this year so they would be know of its benefits.

yeah the Pairc is a disgrace .It did not even get in a lick of paint the last few years to even clean it up .
    Its fair enough that you cant go to all games, the Ladies games needs support too.
    Thats the problem with Cork theres so many teams compared to other counties and theres always an overlap,and i dont think people outside Cork appreciate the strains for a cork fan at times .
    I can't wait to see what the Pairc will look like when if it is ever developed.I hope they learned from the time they done the seating and made a right shambles of it .You just never know what way it will turn out.
    If youre still looking to see the Cork KK hurling game and still cant access it on tg4 the game is on U Tube in full version.
    Just search National Hurling league Cork Kilkenny 2013 U tube.
    Kenny and Egan are available for Sunday.Coughlan is still out till the Championship.
    How we could do with him Sunday.
    Kieran kingston hit the nail on the head when he said it is exactly like a championship game bar in name only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Cork Minor Hurling team to play Clare in Thursday night's Electric Ireland Munster Quarter-Final at 7pm in Páirc Uí Rinn will line out as follows:

1. Patrick Collins
    Ballinhassig

2. Shane O Brien 3. Killian O'Connor 4. Kieran Histon
    St. Catherine's Mallow Cobh

5. Mark O Keeffe 6. Conor Twomey 7. Cathal Cormack
    Fr. O'Neill's Newtownshandrum Blackrock

8. Michael Cahalane 9. Rickard Cahalane
    Bandon Ballymartle

10. Peter Kelleher 11. Kevin O'Neill 12. Trevor Horgan
    Kilmichael Watergrasshill Newcestown

13. Aaron Ward 14. Pa O'Callaghan 15. Anthony Spillane
    Douglas Ballyhea Castlelyons

Captain: Cathal Cormack, Blackrock

Subs:

16. Michael Browne Ballyhea
    17. Eddie Gunning Na Piarsaigh
    18. Darren Quirke Midleton
    19. David Noonan Glen Rovers
    20. Conor Kelleher Sarsfields
    21. Donal Hannon Newmarket
    22. Mark O Connor Douglas
    23. Sean Bourke Grenagh
    24. Sean Hayes Mallow

Six of this year's starting fifteen also started last year's defeat to Clare: Patrick Collins, Killian O'Connor, Kevin O'Neill, Michael Cahalane, Anthony Spillane and Pa O'Callaghan, who was Cork's top scorer in that game, with a total of 1-6. Rickard Cahalane and Trevor Horgan both came on as subs.

Also on the training panel:
    Alan O'Callaghan (Blackrock)
    Darragh O'Callaghan (Watergrasshill)
    James O'Flynn (Erins Own)
    Charlie O'Connor (Glen Rovers)
    Dayne Lee (Na Piarsaigh)
    Shane Mulcahy (Blarney)
    Joe Logue (Blackrock)
    Dylan Quinn (St. Finbarr's)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Orizio wrote: »
    The Cork Minor Hurling team to play Clare in Thursday night's Electric Ireland Munster Quarter-Final at 7pm in Páirc Uí Rinn will line out as follows:

1. Patrick Collins
    Ballinhassig

2. Shane O Brien 3. Killian O'Connor 4. Kieran Histon
    St. Catherine's Mallow Cobh

5. Mark O Keeffe 6. Conor Twomey 7. Cathal Cormack
    Fr. O'Neill's Newtownshandrum Blackrock

8. Michael Cahalane 9. Rickard Cahalane
    Bandon Ballymartle

10. Peter Kelleher 11. Kevin O'Neill 12. Trevor Horgan
    Kilmichael Watergrasshill Newcestown

13. Aaron Ward 14. Pa O'Callaghan 15. Anthony Spillane
    Douglas Ballyhea Castlelyons

Captain: Cathal Cormack, Blackrock

Subs:

16. Michael Browne Ballyhea
    17. Eddie Gunning Na Piarsaigh
    18. Darren Quirke Midleton
    19. David Noonan Glen Rovers
    20. Conor Kelleher Sarsfields
    21. Donal Hannon Newmarket
    22. Mark O Connor Douglas
    23. Sean Bourke Grenagh
    24. Sean Hayes Mallow

Six of this year's starting fifteen also started last year's defeat to Clare: Patrick Collins, Killian O'Connor, Kevin O'Neill, Michael Cahalane, Anthony Spillane and Pa O'Callaghan, who was Cork's top scorer in that game, with a total of 1-6. Rickard Cahalane and Trevor Horgan both came on as subs.

Also on the training panel:
    Alan O'Callaghan (Blackrock)
    Darragh O'Callaghan (Watergrasshill)
    James O'Flynn (Erins Own)
    Charlie O'Connor (Glen Rovers)
    Dayne Lee (Na Piarsaigh)
    Shane Mulcahy (Blarney)
    Joe Logue (Blackrock)
    Dylan Quinn (St. Finbarr's)

Clare team was announced as follows
    1. Liam Corbett
    2. Shane O Leary
    3. David McCarthy
    4. Niall Bolton
    5. Aidan McGuane
    6. Eoin Tuohy
    7. Shane Gleeson
    8.David Conroy
    9. Ciaran Downey
    10. Bobby Duggab
    11. Ian Galvin
    12. Stephen Ward
    13. Eoin Deasy
    14. David Begley
    15. Cian Moloney.

AFAIK its 4 of the team that started last year's Munster Final loss to Tipp.
    Alex Morey who started last year only on the bench. Shane Taylor also started last year but is currently unavailable (concentrating on studies I think). He's a huge loss imo. He gave an exhibition of high fielding and scoring.

Conroy at mid field is well spoken of, well able to take a score. If Clare can win the mid field battle they've a good shot at it imo. Galvin at 11 is another to watch, although I thought he would be wing or corner forward. Very impressive for Clonlara in the recent U21 club championship.

These games are notoriously difficult to call. A few years ago Clare lost to Waterford in Dungarvan in the 1st round, came through the back door and beat Waterford in the Munster final. Last year's 21 side did the opposite, beat Waterford first time out but lost to them in Ennis in the semi final.

• Advertisement

The U21 football game is being broadcast live on the radio by Tipp Fm this eveining in case anyone wants to know.
    Declan Browne is part of the Commentary.
    Who would have though years ago it a football game would have generated so much attention in Tipp.Credit to them in fairness for what they achieved.
    Im not sure if 103fm are doing it.You would think they would.They dont always do.Id say there will be a big Tipp Crowd present.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Clare team was announced as follows
    1. Liam Corbett
    2. Shane O Leary
    3. David McCarthy
    4. Niall Bolton
    5. Aidan McGuane
    6. Eoin Tuohy
    7. Shane Gleeson
    8.David Conroy
    9. Ciaran Downey
    10. Bobby Duggab
    11. Ian Galvin
    12. Stephen Ward
    13. Eoin Deasy
    14. David Begley
    15. Cian Moloney.

AFAIK its 4 of the team that started last year's Munster Final loss to Tipp.
    Alex Morey who started last year only on the bench. Shane Taylor also started last year but is currently unavailable (concentrating on studies I think). He's a huge loss imo. He gave an exhibition of high fielding and scoring.

Conroy at mid field is well spoken of, well able to take a score. If Clare can win the mid field battle they've a good shot at it imo. Galvin at 11 is another to watch, although I thought he would be wing or corner forward. Very impressive for Clonlara in the recent U21 club championship.

These games are notoriously difficult to call. A few years ago Clare lost to Waterford in Dungarvan in the 1st round, came through the back door and beat Waterford in the Munster final. Last year's 21 side did the opposite, beat Waterford first time out but lost to them in Ennis in the semi final.
    Any news on Nicky O Connell for the seniors...is he out or will he be fit in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Any news on Nicky O Connell for the seniors...is he out or will he be fit in time?

An article in the Independent (think it was Monday) said he was a doubt. However one of the local papers yesterday have it that Aaron Cunningham and Cian Dillon are the only absentees (both long term).

Nicky O Connell has been poor latley, then again he's had this back problem with a while so that could be a cause of his dip in form. If he doesn't make it, I'd hope that he'll be replaced in mid-field by Colm Galvin. Galvin has been corner forward lately, but he's naturally a mid fielder.
    A lot will depend on how much game time Honan and Conor McGrath get, if bot see a fair bit of action and get decent ball, it would be a great benefit to Clare

It looks like it could be a messy night in thurles weather wise.It will be very greasy and slippery,its a pity as both teams would have loved a dry hard ground.
    Going for 3 in a Row, if they win it will be their 9th title in 12 years.Unreal.
    Corks expierence,and Cahalane to lead by example as Captain will mean hopefully Cork will edge this.
    I have no doubt this tipp team will have their day ,as most of them are available next year,just hope it is not tonight.
    If they do beat Cork i hope they win it outright.Colm O Neill had hes Cruciate operation yesterday and it meant to have gone well.
    103 fm are doing this match tonight.

good win for the u21s. way to strong in the second half it seems from rolling updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Great win for the Cork under 21 footballers tonight defeating Tipperary 1-17 to 0-9. This was Cork's 24th title in the under 21 grade and their 3rd in a row,well done to players and management on a great success.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very surprised with the final scoreline. I was expecting a very close match and with the weather a low scoring one.

An excellent win - now it's the all Ireland we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Cork will play Cavan in the All Ireland Under 21 semi final on Saturday week April 20th in Tullamore,time TBC.

Treble20 wrote: »
    Cork will play Cavan in the All Ireland Under 21 semi final on Saturday week April 20th in Tullamore,time TBC.

3.45 after Kildare and Galway.Tg4 will have it live.This team deserves their talent to be seen by many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭shockframe

I wasnt too surprised that Cork won tonight although I would have expected it to be a lot closer.

This Cork side has managed to retain most of the 2010 minor squad and use a few of the 2011 minor team.Retaining the majority of a minor squad 3 years earlier is actually very rare believe it or not.Not only that but most of corks team attended second level schools that promote football.Fachtna's, macroom,Rochestown,Colaiste Chriost Ri.Kerry have a good schools system but nothing like corks underage record recently.

It should also be pointed out that Tipp's minor all ireland win in 2011 was lucky against Dublin that year.not only that but the 2012 minor side was the one fancied for all ireland glory not the 2011 team.most of the better players are about 19 or younger now.players like john mcgrath and colin o riordan were not available being in school and they have lost 1 or 2 due to soccer commitments.They could more than likely make an impact the next 2 years but after 2 great years at minor expecting instant under 21 success was always going to be a tall order.

Cork should beat Cavan but will need to tread carefully after losing te last 2 all ireland semi finals.cavan will want an all ireland themselves after winning 3 ulsters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement