Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

what would it take to get Grady back into the Cork management setup? I think he would make the best out of a bad situation. If he was in there as a selector or something with JBM, (he wouldnt do a selectors job I reckon) but imagine having him there involved. He brought Limerick from nothing in a year. He did the same with the Cork team of 2002-2004. This would be a good time for him to join with JBM and help restore Cork hurling. There are surely hurlers in the county good enough to be given a shot better than some of the current crop.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

The CCB will only wake up when their hit in the pocket with poor crowds.It is their own fault.

In the football league I know there is a fair old difference in terms of the money a team/county board get for getting to the semis/finals in Division 1 v Division 2 from the sponsors. Don't have backup but I heard that getting to the Division 1 semi-finals is worth €30k which is an amount not to be sniffed at in terms of fundraising for a county board.

Anyone know what the situation is with hurling in this regard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

I couldn't watch the game yesterday, but listened to the radio - it seemed that Cork lacked leadership. The likes of Waterford who have a number of older players still there, but listening to the game, the half forward line got cleaned out with the puck outs especially in the second half. There wasn't any change in the strategy, and it makes you appreciate the donkey work the two McCarthy's did over the years. All Nash seemed to do was hit and hope,

The biggest concern I would have would be the fitness of Cork, how many games have they been two or three points up to end up drawing the game - I would seriously question the conditioning of the players. When it went into extra time, I knew Clare were going to win. If its not fitness, then it must be a mental thing, that they cannot close out games.

Chickens are coming back to roost big time for the board, little work done on underage development, but we'll have a fantastic new stadium to play our games in. Cork hurling is simply not good enough, and it loaths me to say it, but the management team and JBM need to take most of the responsibility for yesterday. It was a miracle that Cork took it to extra time given the number of chances. Cork hurling is at its lowest ebb for a very long time, a glimmer of hope with the minors beating someone other than Kerry in the championship, but it is an extremely faint glimmer.
    Timmy mac was the most underrated Hurler we ever had.We could do with him now.
    Like wise Mccormack in 99 never got the credit he deserved.
    In relation to mentality we should bring in a sports psychologist on board.Most successful teams have used them in the past.
    Cavan U21 even have one .Unusal at underage to see that .
    Even the Cork team used one in 2005-2006 and they were proven medal winners.It be no harm to use one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Not a hope O Grady would get involved again - his face doesn't fit within the county board. It is crying out for a director of hurling, and Donal O Grady would be the person I'd want running it, but Frank wouldn't like it. The problem is that there isn't enough quality coming from underage, a minor team who until this year hadn't won against another team besides Kerry in championship, quality hurlers choosing to play football over hurling. O Grady had some quality to work with, but I don't think that quality is there at the moment in Cork.

I called it three or four years ago, the quality of underage coaching in Cork is just not good enough, structures were only put in two years ago with development squads, but its going to take a long time for this to come through.

Amprodude wrote: »
    what would it take to get Grady back into the Cork management setup? I think he would make the best out of a bad situation. If he was in there as a selector or something with JBM, (he wouldnt do a selectors job I reckon) but imagine having him there involved. He brought Limerick from nothing in a year. He did the same with the Cork team of 2002-2004. This would be a good time for him to join with JBM and help restore Cork hurling. There are surely hurlers in the county good enough to be given a shot better than some of the current crop.
    I dont think he make much difference here.Yes mistakes have been made but we have no talent coming through and those that are their are scarred by failure.
    Crowley,Cunningham,JBM are all astute men with proven records.Donal og would not be any good as anothe voice in it.
    Too many cooks spoil the Broth.
    Donal Og as a director of Hurling or U21 manager,now that would be progress.
    O grady wont be brought anywhere near the Cork set up though.
    Teddy mac will get that job before o grady would which would be a disaster.

• Advertisement

I dont think he make much difference here.Yes mistakes have been made but we have no talent coming through and those that are their are scarred by failure.
    Crowley,Cunningham,JBM are all astute men with proven records.Donal og would not be any good as another voice in it.
    Too many cooks spoil the Broth.
    Donal Og as a director of Hurling or U21 manager,now that would be progress.
    O grady wont be brought anywhere near the Cork set up though.
    Teddy mac will get that job before o grady would which would be a disaster.

RG 15 i totally agree with you and the underage scence.
    Landers,Fergal ryan,Alan Browne and pat Mulchay and Joe deane have all done work with the U-15,U-16 teams etc.
    What good is it though when you have poor managers from then on who cant follow through on it.
    The next minor manager should be Eddie Murphy,Mark Landers,or pat Mul etc.
    Id say they wont have a chance of getting even an interview.
    Murphy has had huge success with different teams and always said he would love the Job.He did not even get an interview,same like Patsy Morrisey for the Senior Job years ago.
    Landers be a great coach but he is a face that wont fit as the CCB wont forget he was one of the key men in the 2002 strike along with Ryan and Browne.
    Don Cronin,Dara Holland and Ger Fitz have achieved nothing with the U21 team and are still there.
    That tells its own story.

The hurlers are their.But talents needs to be nourished and kept at hurling which will be a struggle now.
    A lot of our hurlers will choose Football and other sports now over hurling which is a problem.
    Alan Cadogan a talented hurler will hardly choose hurling when the brother went for football.
    Cadogan was not happy with the physical training of the hurling and choose football.
    Watch Mark Collins with interest.He is very light but you can be sure he will be bulked up over the next year compared to our hurlers.
    You will always struggle to keep hurlers from other sports such is the attraction with professional sports.
    Even in the glory days we lost O Leary,Halpin and Meyler to rubgy,Aussie Rules and soccer.
    Both came from familes steeped in Gaa culture.Thats happens.
    But when you start loosing 2 players this season and Walsh not going hurling considering Hurling was hes first love things are extremely bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Disappointment yesterday at the hurlers getting relegated but realistically I'd say most Cork fans are not surprised at our relegation. JBM is doing the best he can with what's available and that's the truth sadly! We should have been blown away yesterday but poor shooting from the Bannermen kept us in the game. Again when the chips were down yesterday there was no leaders out in the field to raise a battle IMO.

No championship game now till June 3rd but personally I think this Championship campaign will be short and not so sweet for the rebels! Personally I think there's no guarantees we'll win Division 1B next year,I think Limerick would have more leaders in a tight battle against Cork and Offaly and Wexford won't lie down either. Tough times ahead for Cork hurling IMO.

68Murph68 wrote: »
    In the football league I know there is a fair old difference in terms of the money a team/county board get for getting to the semis/finals in Division 1 v Division 2 from the sponsors. Don't have backup but I heard that getting to the Division 1 semi-finals is worth €30k which is an amount not to be sniffed at in terms of fundraising for a county board.

Anyone know what the situation is with hurling in this regard?
    I don't know sponsorship wise but gate receipts there will be a huge reduction.
    At this year home games against Tipp and Clare( a double header) we had an average of around 6 thousand at each game.
    In 2011 against Offaly in the Pairc there was only 1406 for the league game.
    Thats against offaly an attractive tie in terms we have a history with them.
    Thats is poor though.
    Imagine Cork V Laois.Will Laois fans make the journey for a round trip for a game they have no chance of winning.
    There would be barely 500 hundreds id say at the game.I could not see many cork fans travelling either.
    Are you going to spend 13 euro for a game and another 20 euro in petrol if you have a distance to travel for Cork V Laois a team we scored ten goals against in 2011.
    If its pissing out the heavens and there is six nations rubgy on tv most people won't stir for a game like that.
    How many Cork fans will travel up to Antrim?
    There might be a bigger crowd at the limerick game if it was a home game but I doubt they will get 6 thousand not even if they moved it to Mallow id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Treble20 wrote: »

No championship game now till June 3rd but personally I think this Championship campaign will be short and not so sweet for the rebels! Personally I think there's no guarantees we'll win Division 1B next year,I think Limerick would have more leaders in a tight battle against Cork and Offaly and Wexford won't lie down either. Tough times ahead for Cork hurling IMO.

We will probably give most of the top sides a game but we will still fall short and will lose. Same in Munster, we will give a game but we won't be good enough to beat Tipp, Waterford, Clare and Limerick even on a good day. We will go through qualifiers win a few games possibly and then meet one of the top 6 and lose and season over. This is surely the script for 2013 championship unless something astronomical happens, I live with hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

From a Clare pov, Sunday was very satisfying. The result didn't look likely for most of the 1st half and even earl in the 2nd, I thought it was game over after Cronin's goal. We had reeled in a 5 point deficit after the 1st Cork goal so to concede again was a kick in the stones.

Although Clare hit more wides, I thought Corks were possibly more crucial. Clare could live with the wides as they were consistently creating chances (might not get away with it again though).
    Clare created 59 scoring chances to Cork's 37 I think, that's a big difference.

It was only when the Clare half back line got on top after about 10 mins of the 2nd half that we became dominant throughout the field. Tony Kelly dropping deep also had a positive influence. Cronin had caused all kinds of problems for Donnelan in particular in the 1st half. He was by far Corks best forward.

Still plenty to work on for Clare but the win is a positive to bring to championship and at least they can work on problems in 1A again next year.
    The average goals conceded by the other 1A teams was 5.2. We conceded 10.
    That said, at least we didn't concede the silly types of goals as in the Tipp, KK and Waterford games.

If, and its a big if, Clare get over Waterford, there'll be very little between the 2 sides again come summer

This clare team can and will get better.
    Clare hurling is in a much better state than Cork hurling.
    Ye have won a munster title at all 4 grades and 3 all irelands the last fey years.
    5 of the panel are still u21 this year,and 4 are eligble next year.
    Just one player over the age of 3o.
    To win and have so many wides mean ye can only get better.
    At full back dillion will solve yere problems.
    Ye will beat us in munster,as we have no games to solve our problems and we have no momentum.
    Clare should beat waterford and ye owe them one.
    Yere biggest problem will be dealing with pressure and expectation.
    That is yere next challenge.

This clare team can and will get better.
    Clare hurling is in a much better state than Cork hurling.
    Ye have won a munster title at all 4 grades and 3 all irelands the last fey years.
    5 of the panel are still u21 this year,and 4 are eligble next year.
    Just one player over the age of 3o.
    To win and have so many wides mean ye can only get better.
    At full back dillion will solve yere problems.
    Ye will beat us in munster,as we have no games to solve our problems and we have no momentum.
    Clare should beat waterford and ye owe them one.
    Yere biggest problem will be dealing with pressure and expectation.
    That is yere next challenge.

Not so sure that Dillon will get the no. 3 jersey, David Mac has done very well there for a young lad, new to senior hurling and new to playing FB. He played mostly as a forward till last year I think, he was part of the minor set up that lost the All Ireland to KK in 2010, came on as a sub at wing forward that day.
    One option might be to bring Dillon in at 3, move MacInerney to 4 which will release Morey out the field.
    Dillon isn't a natural FB either, plays at 6 in club championship.

The most pleasing aspect last Sunday was the variation in Clare's play. Very little of the needless passing, instead when a player was running with the ball he had a team mate on his shoulder or moving to the side to give the man in possession the option if needs be.

Ye have key players at full back,CB,midfield,CF and full forward,which we dont have.
    In the spine of year team,ye have players,that can win dirty ball,added by sum very tasty hurlers.
    Their will be sum buzz at training tonight for clare,compared to Cork it must be so hard to face it.
    Big game saturday for the U21 footballers,we should edge it in the forwards.
    We have Kerry in the minors Friday night,but if we loose we are not out.
    Its the round robin format.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

We will probably give most of the top sides a game but we will still fall short and will lose. Same in Munster, we will give a game but we won't be good enough to beat Tipp, Waterford, Clare and Limerick even on a good day. We will go through qualifiers win a few games possibly and then meet one of the top 6 and lose and season over. This is surely the script for 2013 championship unless something astronomical happens, I live with hope.

That's awfully pessimistic. We beat Waterford last year. Clare beat us by 2 points after 90 minutes hurling last weekend (I know Clare had more chances etc etc).

That's awfully pessimistic. We beat Waterford last year. Clare beat us by 2 points after 90 minutes hurling last weekend (I know Clare had more chances etc etc).
    I don't think there is much to be optimistic about to be honest.It might seem all despair but I think its just a touch of realism with the current status of this team.
    We have the same weakness as last year in key aeras but we also are weaker in the sense of options off the bench.
    Sweetnham and Niall Mac are huge losses to this team.
    Two players that are brave,honest,strong in the air and able to break the tackle and actually be able to give and take physical punishment without being flat as a pancake with 20 minutes to go.
    They relish the rough stuff.
    Cadogan as much as he was bemoaned by many is a huge loss in the sense of physicality and leadership and he was always a man for the big occasion.
    Cahalane is a huge loss to ,as again he would be an option at full back.
    Again he is strong and built of steel.
    Last year we had a bench to a degree.
    Okay we did not use Gardiner but Jesus the bench sunday was thread bare.
    Naughton,Bud Hartnett were not was we needed when our forwards were blown out of it.I said last week when Naughton would be used as an option to save the game,it was a sign the game was well and truly over.
    They were the only options we had.
    Clare not only beat us Sunday but beat us in Cork too.I would not under estimate the damage mentally this has done to our lads should we meet Clare again.
    The only time some of these lads have beaten a Clare team is when we beat them last summer in a mickey mouse challenge game in Fermoy.
    Waterford have a half back line of walsh and Moran who would eat this current cork half forward line alive.
    The only team I feel that Cork would beat is Limerick.
    Their half back line would be the least I would fear compared to other teams.
    With Wayne Mac in their,I feel lehane or even Paudie Sul would survive.
    I feel he's speed of hurling is too slow and takes too long at times to clear a ball.
    A bit like White,a good honest player but he does lacks that bit of class.
    Downes would worry me but John Allen would not use him enough against Brian Murphy.
    Limerick would loose it on the line as JBM would outhink Allen.
    No other team would I feel confident of beating.
    Dublin touch is still ponderous but their physicailty would be too much for Cork.
    Some of the Cork players had been unhappy on how Dublin blew them out of it in only a challenge match last summer.That was one of the games where few of the players could clearly see how lightweight their were compared to the other counties.That was just a challenge match.
    I agree with the poster,most teams would beat us with our current team.
    Lorchan without any doubt has to start at half back as the half back line is going to be under immense pressure this year so you might as well try and build some defence,but having said all that there is only so long they sustain a battering for.

The most worrying aspect from Sundays awful result is the lack of any reaction to it,it is business as usal,sure we are only relegated nothing to worry about.
    None of the papers made much of a big deal or asked any hard questions about how Cork are in this mess.
    They just barely touched the surface.All that was said was that one Ex-Cork player who's name they did not mention had complained that Sundays result was a symptom of the current issues in Cork Hurling.
    Some of our former greats(some dual stars) were fast enough to question and criticise the Cork footballers forwards workrate and commitment at the start of the league.
    Not a word about the Hurling Crisis though.
    Same old story,don't rock the boat in Cork Hurling and anyone that does is seen as agenda driven and a trouble maker.
    The clubs won't do much,being relegated would not even be allowed to be on the agenda to be debated at a CCB meeting.
    When the clubs wanted to vote on the opening of Croke park they were not even allowed,no vote was taken.
    JBM fair enough has to be postitive as he is the manager,but to think Cork can win an all ireland in this day and age from 1B is just miles of the mark.
    He said that Cork being relegated is bad,but it happens every team,a fact of life.
    Cork are not every team,and as being regarded as in the top three table along with KK and Tippereary,no matter how bad we are we should never be out of the top flight in the league.
    Gone from the days of winning all irelands,to even winning Munster titles and being a top 4 side,we are now struggling to even be a top 6 side.
    KK or Tippereary would be never be outside the top division no matter how much transition they would be in.
    They have a benchmark on how low they can get.
    Cork just keep falling down the ladder.
    No Crisis exists though is the view held in Cork Hurling,no acceptance of a problem,and a problem can not be fixed if people do not even accept one exists.

I thought the reaction would be bigger to Cork being relegated myself, there's no more publicity to it than if it was Clare dropping down.

Re the bench, for me that was a crucial difference. Thought Cathal MacInerney did well when he came on while Peter Duggan took some of the workload off Conlon in the ball winning stakes.
    When I saw the double substitution near the end for Cork with Lehane going off, the game was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Lehane was awful, he deserved to be subbed well before that.

But yes our bench is awful, we have the bare 16-17 players.

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    I thought the reaction would be bigger to Cork being relegated myself, there's no more publicity to it than if it was Clare dropping down.

Re the bench, for me that was a crucial difference. Thought Cathal MacInerney did well when he came on while Peter Duggan took some of the workload off Conlon in the ball winning stakes.
    When I saw the double substitution near the end for Cork with Lehane going off, the game was up.
    It was not so much Lehane being subbed but Naughton and Harnett coming on I knew the game was lost.
    Same when they brought on Cussen against KK,it said it all.
    Harnett is too light and similar to what we already have and got no game time at all in the league but in time may be worth a place.Not on sunday though.
    Naughton,was the same old story.
    He was just on,a ball was played in front of him,he just stood and waited for it to come to him.He was blown away.
    He won't fight for any 50-50 ball.
    2 points scored when the game was opening up doesnt justify he's place.
    Running straight down on goal when he should have tapped a point he gave a woeful pass to Cian Mccarthy,it was behind him.
    He should be no where near the panel when Coughlan is back.
    Cork will never win an all ireland with Cussen,white,Naughton on the Cork team.
    For all the talent Naughton has it is useless as he is is no where near the required temperament for IC hurling.
    James Masters was one of the most talented footballers around,but CC dropped him from the panel as he's workrate was appaling.CC was actually right to that.
    Billy Morgan went as far to say Cork would win no all ireland without him,we did.Talent is useless unless you have the temperament with it.
    Horgan got 4 points but as so called Leader he still needs to get more involved and be more consistent.
    Lehane was awful,but in he's defence he is still raw at this level,and deserves time to develop.
    Naughton has had seven years.
    He is not even a goal threat anymore.
    At least lehane as proved against KK can score goals when he has the chance.
    Christy O Connor who also wrote a great article on Colm O Neill in The Sunday Times two weeks ago had a great piece in The Eveing Echo.
    In it he said Cork had lost around 35 of it's own puckouts.Shocking that is.
    Yet the Cork management team say their unhappy with the defeat but happy with the perferomance.
    Mind boggling is all I say.

The Cork U21 team for Saturday against Cavan in The All Ireland Semifinal at 3.45 is
    1.David Hanarahan Douglas
    2.Conor Dorman Bishopstown
    3.Damien Cahalane Castleheaven Capt.
    4.Alan Cronin Nemo Rangers
    5.Brian O'Driscoll Tadhg Maccartaigh
    6.Tom Clancy Clonakilty
    7.Jamie Wall Kilbrittain
    8.Sean Kiely Ballincollig
    9.Ian Maguire St Finbarrs
    10.Alan Cadogan Douglas
    11.Mark Sugrue Bandon
    12.John O' Rourke Carbery Rangers
    13.Dan MacEoin Illen Rovers
    14 Brian Hurley Castleheaven
    15.Luke Connolly Nemo Rangers
    Subs
    16.Pat Kirby T.Mactaraigh
    17.Connor Sullivan Clyda Rovers
    18.Kevin Crowley Milstreet
    19.Kevin Fulnagatti Nemo Rangers
    20.TJ.Brosnan Newmarket
    21.Kevin Halissey Eire Og
    22.Cathal Vaughan Iveleary
    23.Tom Hegarty O Donovan Rossa
    24.Jamie Burns St Finbarr's

This is an extremely strong team named for Saturday for the U21 game with Cavan,with O'Driscoll now at half back instead of Brosnan.
    Kiely at Midfield brings more strength here and with Maguire this is an imposing midfield.This team is as strong as it could be with Hallisey,Crowley and Vaughan fit again excellent options on the bench if needed.
    Speaking of Football fair play to Juliet Murphy ,that was an excellent piece on Laochra gael tonight.I never knew she played underage basketball for Ireland.
    An all round talented Sportswoman.
    Eammon ryan spoke very well also.An excellent manager as proven by he's record in both the men and womens game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Is this current Cork team better than their last two U-21 Munster winning teams? I remember 2011 team were odds on for the All Ireland after they hammered Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The most worrying aspect from Sundays awful result is the lack of any reaction to it,it is business as usal,sure we are only relegated nothing to worry about.
    None of the papers made much of a big deal or asked any hard questions about how Cork are in this mess.
    They just barely touched the surface.All that was said was that one Ex-Cork player who's name they did not mention had complained that Sundays result was a symptom of the current issues in Cork Hurling.
    Some of our former greats(some dual stars) were fast enough to question and criticise the Cork footballers forwards workrate and commitment at the start of the league.
    Not a word about the Hurling Crisis though.
    Same old story,don't rock the boat in Cork Hurling and anyone that does is seen as agenda driven and a trouble maker.
    The clubs won't do much,being relegated would not even be allowed to be on the agenda to be debated at a CCB meeting.
    When the clubs wanted to vote on the opening of Croke park they were not even allowed,no vote was taken.
    JBM fair enough has to be postitive as he is the manager,but to think Cork can win an all ireland in this day and age from 1B is just miles of the mark.
    He said that Cork being relegated is bad,but it happens every team,a fact of life.
    Cork are not every team,and as being regarded as in the top three table along with KK and Tippereary,no matter how bad we are we should never be out of the top flight in the league.
    Gone from the days of winning all irelands,to even winning Munster titles and being a top 4 side,we are now struggling to even be a top 6 side.
    KK or Tippereary would be never be outside the top division no matter how much transition they would be in.
    They have a benchmark on how low they can get.
    Cork just keep falling down the ladder.
    No Crisis exists though is the view held in Cork Hurling,no acceptance of a problem,and a problem can not be fixed if people do not even accept one exists.

Because at the end of the day it's one league game in April that we lost by 2 points after 90 minutes hurling.

It's not good, but June is when the real stuff happens. There is lots to do, but I'd be hopeful. Not optimistic, but hopeful. I understand what your saying, and you are mainly right, but I suppose I'm just an eternal optimist when it comes to Cork hurling.

Is this current Cork team better than their last two U-21 Munster winning teams? I remember 2011 team were odds on for the All Ireland after they hammered Kerry.
    I would think it is more balanced in that the forwards dont just rely on Collins,Sheehan and O Driscoll and Walsh.Their is leaders all over the field.
    Any 6 of the current crop can be a matchwinner.
    Sheehan is a forward in a different class but Hurley and Maceoin are well capable of leading the line.
    Walsh at midfield was in a class of he's own,but when he went off injured Cork surrendered a good lead.
    This current Midfield has no one near he's class but as a unit it is better balanced.
    Cahalane and Clancy are much more expierenced and real leaders of the team while it is fair to say management have got better too the last two years.
    The Kerry game probably got inside the players heads too.Galway were waiting in the long grass.
    This Cork team are well aware of Cavan from their three in a row so while they won't unduly fear Cavan they certainly will have respect for them.Any team that wins ulster 3 times in a row is a serious team.

Because at the end of the day it's one league game in April that we lost by 2 points after 90 minutes hurling.

It's not good, but June is when the real stuff happens. There is lots to do, but I'd be hopeful. Not optimistic, but hopeful. I understand what your saying, and you are mainly right, but I suppose I'm just an eternal optimist when it comes to Cork hurling.
    I hope your right but there is a trend in all of Cork games this year.
    Galway had us beaten with ten minutes to go but clearly took the foot of the gas.They had one eye on the championship.JBM has said the league was for expiermenting to a degree but he definetly wanted to stay up in Div 1A.
    If he did not there is something wrong.
    Yes cork will be faster in June.Thats not where Cork have a problem.Its strength and the ability to win ball is the problem
    Unless these guys eat weetabix morning noon and night there and spend every minute in the gym and live and eat and drink weights for the next 9 weeks which is not possible we are going to struggle physically.
    I have a fear we will be beaten in most games bar the annual wins against Offaly,Wexford maybee Antrim or Laois if the draw is kind.
    My hope would be more on the lines Cahalane,Cadogan,Sweetnham,and Niall mac all come back to training next Tuesday Night and Walsh decides to play hurling.
    I hope and after sunday id nearly pray for it,but that just won't happen.
    I admire your optisim,and for years I always tried to see the bright side with Cork Hurling but it is extremely hard to see any light at the moment with the current team and the fact the U21 team is wasted again this year.

Absoultely delighted,the GAA confirmed any changes if any would not take place in the league structure before 2015.
    Great news,the CCB wont be happy now with rock bottom attendences next year.
    I knew it would not be changed and rightly just because Cork were relegated.

Cork 1-4 to Kerry 1-2 minor football at half time.
    Not at this game but Kerry radio are doing it live.
    Cork missed a penalty.

• Advertisement

1-1o a piece.
    Extra time.
    By all accounts,a lot of the dual players from cork playing well.In particular Michael Cahalane from bandon was good from placed balls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement