Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman raped in her own home in Cabinteely

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

The use of lethal force for self defense purposes should be legalised ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

with this and after watching crime-call tonight , there is a huge opening for CCTV nationwide .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Countdown to RTDH.... It's shocking I don't live too far from there and it really has freaked my OH out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Feck that!!

My mrs lives in the next estate, shes a bit freaked out too. Baseball bat with nails for the win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I live in the estate next to it aswell and someone tried to break into my house but didnt succed but out of the 21 house beside me they have broken into something like 11 of them successfully.

That picture on crime call the other night freaked my OH out because she is 99.9% sure she has seen that guy a number of times he stood outside her house one day just staring at the house until the neighbour came out and got rid of him so she rang crime call.

I have to say im not sleeping to well lately and everyone in the estate at night is a suspect for me. It's a shíty way to live and i agree leathal force should be allowed if the likes of this guy gets into a house and i dont care about the people who say violence isnt the answer, if he set one foot inside my house i would level him in a second

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thats shocking!!! Hope they catch the bastards:mad:

Just heard about this and came to post. I'm not a million miles away from there either. I stupidly don't put my alarm on at night - that changes from now. The poor girl :(

His face is worryingly familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Just heard about this and came to post. I'm not a million miles away from there either. I stupidly don't put my alarm on at night - that changes from now. The poor girl :(

where is his picture?

ntlbell wrote: »
    where is his picture?

There is an updated story here

this is the photo fit

2206_Photofit_H_931143t.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Oddly enough i think the same about his face, it does seem very familiar G but it may just be one of those faces.

• Advertisement

Oddly enough i think the same about his face, it does seem very familiar G but it may just be one of those faces.

Maybe so, but cover his eyes and just look from the top of his nose down. I definitely recognise him. Would he be our age do you think? maybe a couple of years older?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

From the top of the nose down he looks bizarrely like Mark Zucherburg.

One of the guys in work drinks in the horse and hound and is from just across the road. He has heard that it was the graduate she walked from. The awful thing is that when you take a walk like that home, you're probably on guard the whole way, but once you're inside your house you think you're safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

They need to fill in the description including whether or not it was an Irish man or an East European. Including height and build. If Irish what kind of accent etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

the photofit is from the Ballymount attack a few weeks ago. The papers believe its the same person
    http://www.garda.ie/crimecall/default.aspx#7609

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭CluelessGirl

Any updates on this thread?

I really hope that girl is ok. It must have been an awful ordeal.

I live in the area myself and have heard nothing about it until I saw this thread.

My thoughts are with her.

Just got a call from my girlfriend to say on the half 5 news just now they said the rapist has been caught and is being held in Dun Laoghaire Garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lovely One

Looks like they may have caught the bastard!!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-arrest-man-in-sexual-assault-case-510303.html

Hope he gets crushed to pieces by the legal system for what he did to that poor girl!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Good stuff^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

As much as i am happy they have arrested somebody remember he is innocent before proved guilty. The person arrested could of been a randomer walking through the area at the time.

Advertisement