Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milltown to Haddington Road

Options
  • 21-06-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey all

Im moving down to Milltown in the next few days and am starting a job on Haddington Road.

I was wondering does anyone know what is the best bus route I can take to travel to work and what is the likely time for this journey?

per google maps the time to walk is around 40mins, which is a bit too far to walk each day (however would be grand on a nice morning).

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

YOU should get a bike, would take you less than 20 mins each way

for commutes like that i think cycling is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Whereabouts in Milltown?

If you are close to the Luas station, get the Luas from Milltown to Charlemont (5 mins) and keep going straight towards Haddington Road (10 mins).

If you are closer to the UCD or Donnybrook side of Milltown, then it might be better to walk to UCD/ Donnybrook and get the 39a to Baggot Street, and ask the driver to let you off close to Haddington Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

44 or 48a from Milltown village to stop before Charlemont Street canal bridge and then walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭joint 11th

lxflyer wrote: »
    44 or 48a from Milltown village to stop before Charlemont Street canal bridge and then walk.

thats great thanks, do you have any idea how long this would take in the morning?

What's the best way of getting a bus ticket, can you get weekly/monthly passes, or just pay each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Bus - about 10-15 minutes and walk 10-15 minutes.

Be aware that they are not the most frequent bus routes - the 44 is every 45 minutes and the 48a every 40 minutes.

The 48a passes Milltown about 0735-0740 and the next one is not until 0820 or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement