Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Evening with Henry Rollins- Aug 24th Galway

Options
  • 21-06-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Wed 24th Aug
    An Evening with Henry Rollins
    The Black Box Theatre
    Galway
    17.50euro

rollins-50-20110203-141908.jpg

Henry Rollins is the front man of legendary bands 'Black Flag' and 'Rollins Band', host of 'The Henry Rollins Show' & 'Harmony in my Head' and author of many published works including 'Get in the Van'. He makes his debut appearance in Galway on Wednesday August 24th in the Black Box.

His new show picks the finest stories from his 25-year career which included everything from ‘Black Flag’, spoken word albums like 'Big Ugly Mouth' and 'Human Butt', published literary works by Nick Cave and Henry Miller and his acting in a host of critically acclaimed movies & tv shows including Heat, Lost Highway, Jackass The Movie, Bad Boys 2, Green Lantern & Sons Of Anarchy

His spoken word pieces transfer perfectly onto the comedy stage and he regales audiences around the world with his stories and opinions. Taking the social and political analysis of legendary '60's comics like Lenny Bruce and Mort Sahl and the unrelenting moral outrage of Bill Hicks, Rollins is a comedy act who takes no prisoners.

This show is not to be missed by music fans, comedy fans, film buffs or people who just enjoy a damn good night!

Tickets on sale NOW from The Town Hall Theatre, online at www.tht.ie and by telephone on 091 569777

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So finally the cat is out of the bag!

Wahheyyy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

He is also playing Belfast on August 21 and Crane Lane Cork on August 23, no sign of Dublin yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Upstairs at Kellys

Cannot wait, was afraid it would sell out before I could afford a ticket but my Dad when he heard Rollins was playing got it for me as a gift. Been a Rollins fan since I was a kid and got into Black Flag, been following Rollins for close to two decades at this stage but never got a chance to see him live, had tickets before but missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

indiewindy wrote: »
    He is also playing Belfast on August 21 and Crane Lane Cork on August 23, no sign of Dublin yet

He's not playing Dublin at all.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Really strange little tour he's doing! I got my ticket for Galway anyway, can't wait. Rollins is unlike anything else out there and more than worth €18 a ticket, feckin' bargain imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Got my tickets! woop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Saw Rollins in Dublin awhile back and it was a really memorable gig. Definately hoping to make it down to Galway for this one :)

Tickets for this are selling pretty fast so make sure you don't miss out...

• Advertisement

Tickets still available from
    www.tht.ie or by phoning 091 569777

Amazed there are still tickets left for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh how did i only find out about this today!!!!

Edit: Got tickets!! So excited. Bit of an impulse. Going to have to drive down from Donegal. Hopefully parking etc won't be too much stress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    Really strange little tour he's doing! I got my ticket for Galway anyway, can't wait. Rollins is unlike anything else out there and more than worth €18 a ticket, feckin' bargain imo.

They are charging €30 for Cork.Not sure I can afford it, will be stretching me, but I might go anyway.

They are charging €30 for Cork.Not sure I can afford it, will be stretching me, but I might go anyway.

Different promoter in Galway. Hence the cheaper price. Better class of promoter up that neck of the woods perhaps!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh how did i only find out about this today!!!!

Edit: Got tickets!! So excited. Bit of an impulse. Going to have to drive down from Donegal. Hopefully parking etc won't be too much stress!!

Driving from Kildare over to galway and back the same night, have a 7am trans atlantic flight the next morning. Already know the trip's going to be worth it.

Any idea what time he will be onstage at? The tickets say 8 but I'm assuming that's the time doors open rather than his stage time.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

cant wait for tonight!

raise the blag flag, galway beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Was at the cork show last night, it was brilliant, worth every penny and met him on the street afterwards, got a photo with him, really nice guy.

• Advertisement

Any idea what time he will be onstage at? The tickets say 8 but I'm assuming that's the time doors open rather than his stage time.

Doors area at 7.30. He's on stage at 8.30.

That's from the promoter's Facebook so I'm presuming it's bang on.

Doors area at 7.30. He's on stage at 8.30.

That's from the promoter's Facebook so I'm presuming it's bang on.

Gonna head in for around 8 then don't fancy waiting around for an hour.

Bassfish wrote: »
    Was at the cork show last night, it was brilliant, worth every penny and met him on the street afterwards, got a photo with him, really nice guy.

How long was he onstage for?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

How long was he onstage for?

Two full hours

Bassfish wrote: »
    Two full hours

Was there an interval? Two hours is pretty good value for money, most bands don't even play close to that long.

Really enjoyed the night, one of the funniest shows I've ever been to. Meeting the great man afterward was an added bonus.

Really enjoyed the night, one of the funniest shows I've ever been to. Meeting the great man afterward was an added bonus.

You met him!! Tell me all ??? It was a great night:)

kerash wrote: »

He was really nice, waited around outside the black bx after it was finished, as did a few others and about 30 minutes after it was over out came the rear man himself. Chatted to him for aim, got a photo taken with him and he signed some stuff. A really nice bloke. Just checked my email and found a reply to an email I sent him last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andybertson

I wonder what Heidi looks like?

Advertisement