Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on Versus 4 (Marquardt v Story)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah thats a bad end to the fight! jaysus ref was standing right in front of em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

how the ref did not spot that i will never know.

Surely they can still call a disqualification? ref is gone after that i'd say

whats there to review! just call a no contest or DQ. Pity, good fight an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Crowd was a bit of a disgrace with the booing, it was hardly intentional and the commissioner said he'd review it.. So it's going to go down as a NC.

Have to say, Nik Lentz has grown on me in his last 2 fights, never thought I'd say that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Sad end really but awesome fight up to that point. You have to take into account the fact that Lentz was on his way to his feet and had his knee been a millimeter off the mat, the knee would have been perfectly legal so it's very hard from the referee's point of view. Pretty unpleasant stuff though when you see what it did to Lentz, it's a great example of why those knees are against the rules.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Pretty unpleasant stuff though when you see what it did to Lentz, it's a great example of why those knees are against the rules.

Don't really agree with that at all.. Elbows do the same, if not more damage..

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Don't really agree with that at all.. Elbows do the same, if not more damage..

I don't think you get that leverage with elbows on the ground unless they're straight down and the opponent's head is on the mat. Those kind are illegal.

I'd say Ninja is going to get his marching orders unless he can pull something out of the bag here.

I'd say Ninja is going to get his marching orders unless he can pull something out of the bag here.

He's goosed, thought Antonito would finish it by now

• Advertisement

I don't think you get that leverage with elbows on the ground unless they're straight down and the opponent's head is on the mat. Those kind are illegal.

Sorry, thought you meant the damage he did to his face, the cut... On another note though, Jon Jones/Brandon Vera :P

Hmm, guess taking the fight on short notice he was always going to gas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can't watch the FB prelims as in work and requires 'Silverlight' to be installed, can't install anythin on these machines.

Any links flyin around?

Nice kimura...
    Can't believe Lauzon's only a purple belt :eek:

Nice strikes and bjj there!

Wow Warburton seems to hold a grudge against his own right arm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sh*t!!! My arm is killing me after watching that!

• Advertisement

How far can most people's arms go with a kimura? Mine can go further than that without me feeling the need to tap out.. I didn't think it was as bad as everyone's making it out to be, whoops :pac:

How far can most people's arms go with a kimura? Mine can go further than that without me feeling the need to tap out.. I didn't think it was as bad as everyone's making it out to be, whoops :pac:

So THAT'S where I know you from. I knew i'd seen you somewhere before. I knew you when I was a kid....................

kenner_stretch_armstrong.jpg

As much as saying this pains me, get ready to see the last time Joe Daddy steps into the Octagon lads!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So THAT'S where I know you from. I knew i'd seen you somewhere before. I knew you when I was a kid....................

The scary thing is... That's what a load of my mates call me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

MrStuffins wrote: »
    As much as saying this pains me, get ready to see the last time Joe Daddy steps into the Octagon lads!

Probably the case. He really impressed me on TUF - I thought he'd do a lot better. Hope he retires soon and goes into coaching full-time - he's been around for a LONG time!

• Advertisement

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Probably the case. He really impressed me on TUF - I thought he'd do a lot better. Hope he retires soon and goes into coaching full-time - he's been around for a LONG time!

I've always really really liked Joe but he's just not at that level. If he loses tonight, it's 4 in a row. Off the top of my head I cant remember another fighter who has survived losing 4 in a row!

He has an incredible guillotine - thats the only way I see him winning this one - will require Vasquez to gas and make a silly error. Unlikely!

Looks like the only thing Stevenson has worked on is pulling faces. He has really gone downhill over the years.

This is so so bizarre! What the hell is Daddy doing? He;s not throwing punches, he's not doing anything except moving around!

Hope he doesn't go all Kaleb Starnes on us! :confused:

My mate has never watched MMA before. I just linked him to the Facebook stream of this and he caught the 3rd round of that fight! He thought I was having a laugh!

That was actually a horrible performance by Joe Stevenson, deserves to be cut after that... What judge gave Joe Daddy a round? :confused:

Guess Nate will have some company at the dole office tomorrow.

Joe and Nate could be joined by Tyson griffin should manny do what none of us hope he will and beat him.

COME ON TYSON!!!!

Joe's going to have real trouble retiring - he's been fighting so long and from such a young age, I bet he can't imagine doing anything else.

• Advertisement

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Joe's going to have real trouble retiring - he's been fighting so long and from such a young age, I bet he can't imagine doing anything else.

He won't retire. He'll have no trouble getting fights elsewhere! He might even head over and fight in SF at LW. He'd actually slot right in over there he'd be competitive against the current crop of lads.

Bellator would be a nice move for Stevenson. I'd say he'd give Joe Warren a good run for his money. He should maybe consider finding a new camp though.

Anyone else find this ref really annoying?

He just said "Let 'em fly, boys" :D

Yes! Very much so!

Roy Nelson does, via Twitter

I think the ref with griffin and gamburyan fight just wants to hear himself talk, "more action 3 sec into the fight."

He seems to be getting worse the longer the fight goes on. He's barely going 5 seconds without talking now, it's getting silly.

Roy's right, its like he just wants to say stuff to people on tv can hear him.

By the way 29-29? Was that a mistake? Coz Buffer said "Unamimous Decision"

That ref's very annoying.

Stream just stopped during Baba... aww :(

• Advertisement

what was the ref's name?

Ya ref was some dope! What time is stream back up 2 or 3am?

If its 2, ill stay up just for matts fight. cmon Meathead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Ref is called Chip something, thought the facebook stream started at 12 missed the first two. Lauzon looked great (again against a lower level guy however).

Dustin Poirier(via twitter)
    The ref needs to stop coaching and shut up

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man, I thought it wasn't possible to like Matt Mitrione anymore, but it's just happened :D

Lets hope Matt does not regret following up there

F*cking brilliant, chuffed at that KO

• Advertisement

Love the way he just walked away, nice to see fighters show confidence and not intentionally go in to hurt the other guy ,

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

seriously impressed with mitrione, the way he walked away like that, little things like that make me a fan

Carwin next for Meathead ?

Nice, i like Mitrione

But gonna have to keep away from this thread as i'm 2mins behind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did he just give a double shocker to the camera? I love him...

• Advertisement
Advertisement