Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring Back /back command!

• 21-06-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I think the back command should be back because I'm sick of people taking my
    stuff when I die. The most recent time I set fire to a creeper & forgot to put out the flame and died. People started saying that ALL my stuff fell in the fire
    when that cant happen.
    It was a single square of fire and there was even a water pool next to right next to it some of it would of been incinerated
    but the rest would either be on the other blocks or even in the water but some people take it before I get back.
    What I think goes through their heads is "Oh some one just died they are all the way back at the spawn right now & might be looking for the stuff... YOINK!"
    I am sorry if this thread seems a bit ranty but I am extremely pissed of about this so please Bring Back The /back Command!

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

No. And as an addition if someone dies i think their stuff should be up for grabs. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No, its not coming back.

And stop setting people on fire. And yourself on fire. You destroyed your own home and tried to take the blame out on someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

No, its not coming back.

And stop setting people on fire. And yourself on fire. You destroyed your own home and tried to take the blame out on someone else.

I did not destroy my home my home is not even in the town!
    And I set my self on fire my accident because I wanted to collect the creepers sulphur. I did set people on fire and put them with a bucket of water out & gave them a pork chop for funnies even ask nimrod86.
    But I only blamed the people who stole my stuff I am not blaming people about me being set fire I am talking about the bloody people
    Stealing my stuff after I die
    , I think it is not fair to get peoples stuff when they die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

It sort of is, this is a survivor server.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

I say suck it up! And stop playing with fire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So you died by your own hand and then got looted. All I can say is
    haha%20-%20zoom.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I've died in the town, fell off something, so if this happens with the spawn point being such a distance away, your saying it's acceptable for people to rob what I dropped when I die?

Even if I die trying to work on the town build at night?

Fúck that, I'd not rob someone else who happen to die beside me, thats heading into PVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sharrow wrote: »
    I've died in the town, fell off something, so if this happens with the spawn point being such a distance away, your saying it's acceptable for people to rob what I dropped when I die?

Even if I die trying to work on the town build at night?

Fúck that, I'd not rob someone else who happen to die beside me, thats heading into PVP.

There is a bit of backstory, he had been running round setting people on fire and then pouring water on them and generally annoying people while they were trying to build

So rather then get the mods/ops to have a word people took his stuff when he died?

I've been on the server when he's been on, he's been asking to help and wanting to do so and was getting fobbed off or ignored. yeah the setting people on fire is out of order but deal with that without being petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sharrow wrote: »
    So rather then get the mods/ops to have a word people took his stuff when he died?

I've been on the server when he's been on, he's been asking to help and wanting to do so and was getting fobbed off or ignored. yeah the setting people on fire is out of order but deal with that without being petty.

Im pretty sure cherry or andother mod had said something to him at least once

• Advertisement

Well let them sort it,
    in the mean time if I die, esp in the town I am going to find everything I had one me gone when I get back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Tbh i haven't seen anyone take anything from players who have been killed anyway so i don't see what the big deal is.

If im building something in the towen i'd be ok with people taking stuff neeeded for the building project in case it dissappears.

If i die well away from the town or spawn i dont care if people take the stuff dropped then either because the likelihood is it will be gone anyway before i get back.

i think thats a pretty fair way to look at it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nothing was taken from him. I was there the entire time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

if u die ur stuff is lost, if someone saves it for u or u make it back in time to collect it then thats a bonus.

its really not that complicated and btw the whole point of the game...try not to die. i would have thought it was common sense but apparently not :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I wouldn't expect to get my stuff back when I die. Sure, I'll try to make it back to the place to get it, but if it's not there, oh well. Might as well ask for lava to not burn stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Lol I was in nether yesterday with diamond gear and a ghast got me. Legged it back from spawn, several hundred blocks through nether with no tools and ran between 2 ghasts to grab my stuff, had to /home to escape, but all items accounted for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

The amount of times I've done that hare is unbelieveable, not with diamonds but other stuff.

I know lol, and it makes getting your stuff back so damn satisfying! Only once you get back to a safe zone do you realize the sheer craziness of your acrobatic retrieval mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I tend to leave as much stuff behind as i can when going into the nether. Makes life a bit easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Stokolan wrote: »
    I tend to leave as much stuff behind as i can when going into the nether. Makes life a bit easier.
    Build a house. :D I've a whole second set of tools and supplies in the nether by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Firstly, /back is not making a return. It made things way too easy in the last server. Secondly, There has been no instances, to my recollection, of people stealing stuff when another player dies. If I got a cent for everytime that I have read "Someone die here? ... Your stuffs still there... Here I picked up some of it" then I would be a euro richer by now :D

The guys on this server are not a malicious bunch. We know what it feels like to die with valuables on you and then have to trek to go and get them back. The server is fine the way it is. I couldn't think of any better guys to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    The guys on this server are the most malicious bunch. We know what it feels like to die when bland drops lava on you and then have to trek to go and get them back and gav kills you again because you were on his lawn. The server is fine the way it is. I couldn't think of any better guys to play with.

Amen brother!

Tankran wrote: »
    Amen brother!

Don't forget the random blocks of tnt left in doorways or near unsalvageable objects (like blands dogs) and running creepers into town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

hare05 wrote: »
    Don't forget the random blocks of tnt left in doorways or near unsalvageable objects (like blands dogs) and running creepers into town!
    Those poor dogs... only a few survived to be blown up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Those poor dogs... only a few survived to be blown up!

From my recollection... You blew them up! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    From my recollection... You blew them up! :P
    ...Point being?

Advertisement