Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather for the tall ships in waterford

Options
  • 21-06-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

hi all im heading down to the tall ships in waterford next weekend ( 30 to 4 july) .the weathers been brutal the last while just wondering has anyone got any good news for me,or is it a little early yet?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bit of heat (20+) promised this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's looking good at the moment but it's still too early to say with any real confidence.

It's looking like it could be quite dry, around 17 to 22.

Subject to change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Looking good at the moment, MT's forecast this morning
    Outlook...Slightly cooler again for a few days, mostly cloudy with showers at times, highs 16-19 C, but the models are beginning to show some very warm weather patterns around 30 June to 2 July which, if they come to pass, could bring highs of 25 to 28 C well inland in southeast to south breezes. More periods of alternating warm/dry and cooler/showery spells would follow, but the average looks 1-3 degrees above normal.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

^^^^

Yesss boyyyy!!!

All the tourists and day trippers will remain convinced by the old "sunny south-east" line! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I think MT is looking at the ECMWF and GFS models which both are predicting a High Pressure system to drift in over us from next Thursday. Hopefully it will happen.

gens-0-1-180.png?6

• Advertisement

I think MT is looking at the ECMWF and GFS models which both are predicting a High Pressure system to drift in over us from next Thursday. Hopefully it will happen.

Here's hoping Mick, although I'm going to the wesht on sat 2nd for a weeks holiday so hopefully the high pressure will remain for the rest of the week too :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

All the models are now in agreement from Thursday High Pressure is due to dominate our weather for 4 or 5 days at least. I wonder what MTs take on the situation is ??? Also what happened the Models discussion threads we had during the Winter? Thought they were handy and informative.

Rukm1201.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just watched the weather on RTE for the week ahead its going to be cool for the week with showers, rain spreading fom the West on Friday and Saturday did not look good at all :mad: where the hell is summer?????????????, they did not show anything like the chart above.

Saw the RTE forecast too and i thought her last line said it all with regards next weekend she said " Ay sure thats a long way off " In other words the models are all over the place and i'm not committing to anything beyond Friday.
    I'm going with MT who said

THURSDAY ... Sunny for most places, more cloud possible near south and west coast, a bit warmer, lows near 7 C and highs near 19 C.

FRIDAY ... Hazy sunshine, warm, slight chance of cloud and drizzle in coastal northwest, lows near 7 C and highs near 20 C.

WEEKEND OUTLOOK ... Warm, partly cloudy to sunny, isolated showers mostly in far north ... lows near 10 C and highs near 22 C.

Hope MT is right but at the moment I don't see anything better than temps maybe reaching mid to high teens for Waterford.

As long as it stays dry I don't mind!

• Advertisement

Hope MT is right but at the moment I don't see anything better than temps maybe reaching mid to high teens for Waterford.

As long as it stays dry I don't mind!

Same here Maq, dry and upper teens would be fine :)

Same here Maq, dry and upper teens would be fine :)

At the moment it looks like Thursday & Friday should be fairly dry but Saturday looks like a stinker.

12Z GFS just rolling out now. Hope this changes for the better!

2ps0fx3.png

At the moment it looks like Thursday & Friday should be fairly dry but Saturday looks like a stinker.

12Z GFS just rolling out now. Hope this changes for the better!

2ps0fx3.png

That would be a stinker. GFS have a bit of a history for over cooking those low pressure systems from the Atlantic so hopefully this time they are wrong. Here is the BBC take on the week ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I think it will be a rather wet and windy next weekend. I hope people will enjoy Waterford when they come for the Tall Ships and I hope I'm wrong with the weather.

200motels wrote: »
    I think it will be a rather wet and windy next weekend. I hope people will enjoy Waterford when they come for the Tall Ships and I hope I'm wrong with the weather.

Looking at the latest runs i think your right. Hope it wont be as bad and at least Thursday and Friday look ok for now anyway.

Interesting difference of opinion now between Met Eireann and MT with regards next weekend. Met Eireann are going for Rain from Friday night and unsettled for the weekend but MT is saying mostly dry. Hope MT is right on this occasion ;)

12Z GFS looking good for mild, dry conditions for the Tall Ships.

12Z GFS looking good for mild, dry conditions for the Tall Ships.

Looking better for Saturday with the showers only arriving after dark. Looking like MT could be on the money with his forecast this morning :)

Looking at the latest GFS, only a slight risk of light showers on Thursday evening, Friday and Saturday looking bone day and highs in the high teens. :)

Looks like we're in for a pretty good weekend with weather, enjoy the festivities everyone :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement