Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss/Green growing on house roof

Options
  • 21-06-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi -
    A section of my roof is covered in moss/green. I can brush it off but it still looks dirty. It's growing because of tree sap, the trees have been trimmed now but I'm looking to clean it off. Anyone recommend a spray or have any tips?

Thank you...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

leave it there! i suspect it was why the snow on my roof melted in an orderly fashion and some of my neighbours had their gutters pulled off by the snow sliding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

leave it there! i suspect it was why the snow on my roof melted in an orderly fashion and some of my neighbours had their gutters pulled off by the snow sliding off.

Good point but it looks brutal...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

Spray it with 'Mossgo' ,leave it for 1 week,then powerwash from top to bottom. Make sure you clean out all gutters/downpipes/drains .Job done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭secman

+1 to mossgo. It works atreat on the roof.

secman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Would you not be concerned that the moss might cause tiles/slates to lift over time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Be careful of mossgo on glass and aluminium as it can stain but it's the job for the moss.

I always spray my external walls with it beofre painting, spray the walls leave for a few days then powerhose the walls and then paint.

Advertisement