Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whv canada and whv australia

Options
  • 21-06-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hey,

im hoping one of you can help me with this...
    so im on a whv in canada at the moment.. i came in march and going home in sept, then in oct i am going on whv to australia.. i applied for my visa on sunday for oz and during the application it asked if i have lived outside ireland for over 3 months.. i tried to say that i would be in canada from march to sept but it would not allow me put in the date sept (probably because it has not passed yet) so i said no..
    really at this stage no is correct as i have not yet been in canada for 3 months yet but.. will this affect me in immigration when i get to oz???? they will see that i have stayed in canada for 6 months..

i was granted the visa the same day so im just wondering if anyone else was ever in the same boat???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

niva*sis wrote: »
    hey,

im hoping one of you can help me with this...
    so im on a whv in canada at the moment.. i came in march and going home in sept, then in oct i am going on whv to australia.. i applied for my visa on sunday for oz and during the application it asked if i have lived outside ireland for over 3 months.. i tried to say that i would be in canada from march to sept but it would not allow me put in the date sept (probably because it has not passed yet) so i said no..
    really at this stage no is correct as i have not yet been in canada for 3 months yet but.. will this affect me in immigration when i get to oz???? they will see that i have stayed in canada for 6 months..

i was granted the visa the same day so im just wondering if anyone else was ever in the same boat???

No this doesn't effect it, as you said you haven't lived away for 3 months yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

At the time it was an honest answer. You visa is granted before you have live away.
    Canada isn't going to raise any flags, they'll never know anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Why would you go to all that effort to get a Canadian WHV (and from what I read it is a fair amount of hassle and takes time to get it sorted) and then only stay for 6 months? Is it that bad there for getting jobs? Or just getting itchy feet and want a change? Either way enjoy Oz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

04072511 wrote: »
    Why would you go to all that effort to get a Canadian WHV (and from what I read it is a fair amount of hassle and takes time to get it sorted) and then only stay for 6 months? Is it that bad there for getting jobs? Or just getting itchy feet and want a change? Either way enjoy Oz :)

hey so basically the only reason i am staying for 6 months is because i have to go home in sept for my sisters wedding, but not only that the winters here are cruel and the money is CRAP!!!!! so oz is more attractive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

niva*sis wrote: »
    hey so basically the only reason i am staying for 6 months is because i have to go home in sept for my sisters wedding, but not only that the winters here are cruel and the money is CRAP!!!!! so oz is more attractive :)

Fair cold I'd say, but I've heard Montreal looks stunning in winter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement